• L3 8 votes
    3%
  • L5 91 votes
    34%
  • P7 7 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 267 votes by 266 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,013 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
Getaway.JPG.pdf (PDF preview)
wires2.jpg
wires1.jpg
getaway005 (resized).jpg
IMG_2668.JPG
IMG_2667.JPG
IMG_2666.JPG
IMG_2665.JPG
IMG_2663.JPG
IMG_2657.JPG
CF4BA3F1-8798-42F5-93ED-C868E24872A8 (resized).jpeg
B2805FCB-7FE1-41B2-88BC-F12FD7E77765 (resized).jpeg
8F41C362-51A9-4EAA-904F-5D215BB0EFD8 (resized).jpeg

There are 9858 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 198.
#1201 4 years ago

Hi guYs.

I need your honest opinion.

My getaway makes serious airballs when i hit direct the 3 standup targets in front of flippers.
Also i really dont understand metal plate under the SC. When plastic everywhere else.

Now i am designing a new plastic part.

Uploading four pics now.

Its 0,7mm longer at front to prevent airballs.

I am thinking in making them in transparent red. With the led light under it will really light up.

Is it illegal to write the getaway on it? Should o remove it?

Now its 3mm thick, original metal plate is 1.5mm. So im am thinking about making it only 2mm thick.

I can use ideas and input.

When this is done, i wanna make something on the ball lock also. Something transparent.

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

#1202 4 years ago

2 more pics.

Thank you for your time.

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

#1203 4 years ago

This is only a raw prototype, finished product will bee buttery smooth.

#1204 4 years ago

That's really cool, Den! Great idea. I wouldn't mind it being thick because I already put washers under the supercharger mount. That help fixed an issue I had with balls in the supercharger hitting the top plastic above the turn around. Any idea of cost?

#1205 4 years ago

1. It's my understanding that it's ok to use art as long as it's for home use, and not for sale.

2. To reduce airballs, you want to ensure the angle of the standups is at 90° angles to the playfield, and ensure they don't move back too far when hit, by using FRESH foam behind them to absorb the impacts. I like using the thicker "beer seal" foam for the lockdown bar, and just cut smaller bits. Sometimes, I face my targets "down" a few degrees towards the playfield in problem spots.

hope that helps...
-mof

#1206 4 years ago

Very cool Den. I think it wouldn't look nearly as good without the Getaway text on it. I'd be in for one if possible.

#1207 4 years ago

I got some mails, asking about buying, shipping is no problemmo, but, if i let the getaway text stay, its illigal to sell. Hmmmmmm

#1208 4 years ago

I love my Getaway

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

#1209 4 years ago

Now with some LEDs

(What kind of a car is it)

#1210 4 years ago

Pics

image_2.jpg

image_3.jpg

image_4.jpg

#1211 4 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Now with some LEDs
(What kind of a car is it)

Only SR knows for sure but my guess is a 1991 Lamborghini Diablo. Supercharger=artistic license.

image.jpg

#1212 4 years ago

Add me to the club....just picked this up today.

Time to start looking for mods....LOL

Dsc_1583.jpg

#1213 4 years ago

Dupe

#1214 4 years ago

I have too many loop shots from the upper right flipper that collide with the underside of the ramp. Has anyone made adjustments to alleviate this?

I seem to be able to make many left orbits from the left flipper just fine, so I presume it's when there's the smallest of ball hops?
-mof

#1215 4 years ago

Welcome to the club, and congrats with your hs2

#1216 4 years ago

Thanks Den.

It might be a while before I can play it. All of the rubbers are so dry-rotted, they're just crumbling into dust.

It's next of my shop job list.

#1217 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Thanks Den.
It might be a while before I can play it. All of the rubbers are so dry-rotted, they're just crumbling into dust.
It's next of my shop job list.

Welcome to the club but I've never see all of them crumble, that's gonna be a mess. Better get the shop vac out. I've got some mods on the club pages somewhere, just look for my club posts.

#1218 4 years ago

Is there a way to turn off the music, and just have the sound effects?
-mof

#1219 4 years ago

About the old rubber.

I have a big collection of pins, but when i got in my getaway, i couldent stop playing it, i mean nonstop, when i gots leds rubber wooferset home, i made a turbo cleaning waxing woofer install leds AND new rubberset, MAAAAN N you will bee shocked first time you play your getaway after cleanjob and new rubber. It playes soooo great, you can feel it right away. Sooo smooth, wax that ramp also. Autaloops are crazy highspeed, innerloop is so smooth. Now i still only play me getaway, everymorning i get my getaway fix.

To all getaway owners, PLEASE install a propper woofer system in your game, best upgrade ever, maaaan the detales on the sounds and sampels are great, music is perfect, and Steves callouts are bonechilling on VOL. 10.

RED LINE MANIAAAA

#1220 4 years ago

Mof, turn of the music.....??!!! Hhhhhhmmmmpppfffffff

#1221 4 years ago

Just picked up our first pin. Had to do a lot of work to it (bulbs, rubber kit, flipper coils, and major cleaning. Wife loves it. Will do some appearance mods later. Can't answer the poll on version as ours is L-4. (Any info on this version?)image.jpgimage.jpg

#1222 4 years ago

Welcome to the club. Good choice for a first pin. Question....what are the 2 white decals and other stuff on the front of the cab? Could you post a better picture of the front?

#1223 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Welcome to the club. Good choice for a first pin. Question....what are the 2 white decals on the front of the cab?

Headlight decals. Early machine run.

#1224 4 years ago

I just had one of the best multiballs every on any pin. Wow. 192m.

I think it's funny how on my L-1 ROM, it totals up scores for certain modes, like 115m then awards only 15m... What a bait and switch!

-mof

#1225 4 years ago

Bump for:

1. Is there a way to turn off the music, and just have the sound effects?

2. I have too many loop shots from the upper right flipper that collide with the underside of the ramp. Has anyone made adjustments to alleviate this? (I seem to be able to make many left orbits from the left flipper just fine, so I presume it's when there's the smallest of ball hops?)

-mof

#1226 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

1. Is there a way to turn off the music, and just have the sound effects?

Easy and quick answer.. NO. But personally speaking i feel that would detract from the game not having La Grange blaring out.

Quoted from mof:

2. I have too many loop shots from the upper right flipper that collide with the underside of the ramp. Has anyone made adjustments to alleviate this? (I seem to be able to make many left orbits from the left flipper just fine, so I presume it's when there's the smallest of ball hops?)

To clarify. Do you mean that the ramp to the ball lock is getting in the way when the ball comes around that loop from the upper right flipper? Is the ramp partially lowered?, is it dropping onto the ball snagging it? That could be a few issues. I've not had any issues with the ball hitting the underside of the ramp on my machine when it loops, as far as i can remember.

#1227 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

To clarify. Do you mean that the ramp to the ball lock is getting in the way when the ball comes around that loop from the upper right flipper? Is the ramp partially lowered?, is it dropping onto the ball snagging it? That could be a few issues. I've not had any issues with the ball hitting the underside of the ramp on my machine when it loops, as far as i can remember.

It's just on the inner loop shot. I suspect somehow the ball is getting airborn 1mm or something and catching the bracket side. On successive left orbit shots for example, it never trips up. I'm stumped.

-mof

#1228 4 years ago

If you got a pinsound board you could turn off the music.

#1229 4 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

If you got a pinsound board you could turn off the music.

$340 -- yikes.
-mof

#1230 4 years ago

I thought the same.got one to try .now I want them for all my games.

#1231 4 years ago

If that's $340 US dollars then i'll just stick to bopping along to La Grange

#1232 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Bump for:
-mof

My game is sometimes clunky. Balls hit certain way get stuck under ramp or bounce off things. I had one issue where the ball hit something in the back during left orbit shot. Eventually figured out ball catches air at speed and hit a screw head on the ball guide. Removed screw and problem solved. I think mine hits the ramp, too. Hard to tell what exactly is happening with speed of game. Given that my ramp flap is cracked, I think it has been hit more than a few times in its life. Not sure you can raise it more than stock.

#1233 4 years ago

Anyone thought of swapping the stoplight inside the game to this one: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4455&picno=23418
I just think the stock HS2 stoplight is lame.

#1234 4 years ago
Quoted from MarcelG:

Anyone thought of swapping the stoplight inside the game to this one:

Great idea! Know of a source?

image.jpg

#1235 4 years ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

Great idea! Know of a source?
image.jpg

Yeah that's the big question. That's a game specific part I'll bet.

#1236 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah that's the big question. That's a game specific part I'll bet.

I got so excited about this that i went and did me some searching, found one, ordered it
I have no idea about attaching it but work that out later, looks like will just need to wire up a different plug i'm thinking.
The only place i could find these was at Marco's under Stern Harley Davidson (near the end of the listing), after ordering they were still available!!

#1237 4 years ago

Shopping out my Getaway at the moment
I will be installing LEDs for the GI circuits

anybody have suggestions for colors to use under the turbocharger?

Pete

#1238 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I got so excited about this that i went and did me some searching, found one, ordered it
I have no idea about attaching it but work that out later, looks like will just need to wire up a different plug i'm thinking.
The only place i could find these was at Marco's under Stern Harley Davidson (near the end of the listing), after ordering they were still available!!

They show "Out of Stock" now

#1239 4 years ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

They show "Out of Stock" now

It's still showing as "In stock" for me, perhaps the site hasn't updated yet, but usually those kind of things update automatically. Try contacting them, might be worth a shot. The part may be available somewhere else, i sure don't know all the US/European part's suppliers, just the more mainstream one's (Marco, Pinballlife, Pinbits, etc). I did look at PSPA first but no luck unfortunately (would have saved dollars with the crap conversion rate we have at the moment )

#1240 4 years ago
Quoted from MarcelG:

Anyone thought of swapping the stoplight inside the game to this one: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4455&picno=23418
I just think the stock HS2 stoplight is lame.

Yeah I don't like the huge traffic signal either. I think the scale is all wrong. I'm working on a smaller one, something more along the lines of 1:50 to 1:64 scale to go along with the cars and streetlights I will be adding.

#1241 4 years ago

What is the size comparison between the HD and Getaway traffic lights?
-mof

#1242 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

What is the size comparison between the HD and Getaway traffic lights?
-mof

Not sure but it looks close to the same size to me

#1243 4 years ago

Just checked my game.

The software is Rev. p-c

Looks like I need to order some more game ROMs from John.

From the looks of things, rev l-2 seems to be the most popular.

#1244 4 years ago

I have L2 and really think it's the best overall.

#1245 4 years ago

Has anyone started their PF swaps yet? I'd love to dig into mine but too many projects and not the time.

#1246 4 years ago

I swapped mine with the Getaway's software designers playfield which was hung on a wall. Sorry, had to brag. lol
Anyway it felt like swapping an early SS playfield. The Supercharger and left return are one assembly, the up-ramp and right return are another assembly. Easy peesy lemon squeezy.

#1247 4 years ago

at ball launch sometimes it goes around to the flipper, sometimes it doesn't.
The plunger is hitting the ball square in the center.
If the ball is launched harder into the playfield consistently to the upper flipper, I would be interested to know what coil # is on your launch mech.
Thank you!

#1248 4 years ago

Mine feeds consistently using A-14789 as called out in the manual.

#1249 4 years ago

My shooter used to be constant but now it's not always making it around to the flipper. About 50/50. Can someone take a photo of the shooter tip for me. Mine looks like it might be missing something.

#1250 4 years ago

Be sure to check the solder leads to the coil, one of mine was starting to crack and was almost through.

It was causing the ball to intermittently not loop to the flipper.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
There are 9858 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 198.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside