• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 121 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 353 votes by 351 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8480 (resized).png
IMG_8479 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
IMG_2251 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4178 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240702_184622 (resized).jpg
Resized_20240626_172136_1719436938136 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2057 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4098 (resized).jpeg (© The club)
20240605_200258 (resized).jpg
20240523_190741 (resized).jpg
20240523_191314 (resized).jpg
20240516_201154 (resized).jpg
20240424_183429 (resized).jpg
There are 13,988 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 280.
#12351 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

On the other hand, there are guys like me who emphasize the air scoop by placing a cool white bulb behind it, giving it a blue tint to make it more noticeable. It's sometimes an item of conversation for non-Lambo aficionados who ask what the blue thing is. I bet Mr_Tantrum & TheOnlyest wouldn't like Steve Ritchie's signature on the Lambo's hood either.
[quoted image]

You are right. I would not be happy with anyone who defaced the hood of my supercar, even if it was Ferruccio himself.

Glad for you, however. I'm all for making games the way you like them and adding whatever flare you like, as long as you ask yourself if the bare minimum is enough. You do want to express yourself, don't you?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12352 1 year ago

Your the man Tantrum. Sh$ts Dope! Can’t wait for the Donut Heaven.

F533D7FA-BA8B-4EAA-8682-8A56E89E04D0 (resized).jpegF533D7FA-BA8B-4EAA-8682-8A56E89E04D0 (resized).jpeg
#12353 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

I bet Mr_Tantrum & TheOnlyest wouldn't like Steve Ritchie's signature on the Lambo's hood either.

You lost that bet, Steve's autograph is cool!! A feature element added to the game that is blasphemous to an iconic supercar is something else!!
How cool would have been for the air scoop on the PF, to instead have the nose of a diablo sticking out, with flashers in the headlights!?

#12354 1 year ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

How cool would have been for the air scoop on the PF, to instead have the nose of a diablo sticking out, with flashers in the headlights!?

Probably could be done with a 1/10th RC lexan body although the width might not be quite right.

#12355 1 year ago

I think this could be a new mod for Mr_Tantrum to design and produce!

#12356 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

I think this could be a new mod for Mr_Tantrum to design and produce!

#12357 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You are right. I would not be happy with anyone who defaced the hood of my supercar, even if it was Ferruccio himself.
Glad for you, however. I'm all for making games the way you like them and adding whatever flare you like, as long as you ask yourself if the bare minimum is enough. You do want to express yourself, don't you?[quoted image]

If there was a Lambo with Ferruccio's signature on it, collectors would fight each other over it. I met Steve Ritchie at last year's pb Expo, and showed him the signature, and he verified that it was his, which makes my Getaway game very special to me, and it's even more special now that a few of your mods are on it too. One of my wife's friends, who loves playing The Getaway game, was over again last week to play it, and immediate recognized that your Donut Heaven mod had been installed - she studied it in detail and was very impressed with how cool it is. She never, however, mentioned a word about Ritchie's signature or the air scoop.

#12358 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

If there was a Lambo with Ferruccio's signature on it, collectors would fight each other over it. I met Steve Ritchie at last year's pb Expo, and showed him the signature, and he verified that it was his, which makes my Getaway game very special to me, and it's even more special now that a few of your mods are on it too. One of my wife's friends, who loves playing The Getaway game, was over again last week to play it, and immediate recognized that your Donut Heaven mod had been installed - she studied it in detail and was very impressed with how cool it is. She never, however, mentioned a word about Ritchie's signature or the air scoop.

Getaway is great in a lot of different ways. I'm probably partial because it was my first pin, but everyone seems to put their own twist on it and there is so much that can be done with such a great theme, IMO.

#12359 1 year ago
Quoted from BoilerUp:

Welcome to the club! Newbie here too.
There is so much good info here. Also go to the Getaway game page here on Pinside and scroll way down to the videos. There is a supercharger repair video by the Pinball Evangelist that is extremely informative and a great way to learn about the mechanics of the supercharger. I found it to be a great jumping off point.

Finally received my game and I was able to fix the super charger the same day. I got the ball spinning to 92 on the SC speed test. The middle opto was out, the track needed cleaning, a touch of 3in1 and added new balls

#12360 1 year ago

Tantrum, you make this machine even more enjoyable. Thank you and your prices are on point.

6A0FE2FF-83EA-4215-8234-C4A620FDD405 (resized).jpeg6A0FE2FF-83EA-4215-8234-C4A620FDD405 (resized).jpeg
#12361 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Tantrum, you make this machine even more enjoyable. Thank you and your prices are on point.
[quoted image]

Post pics when you get that installed! Please.

I may want I get some of that awesomeness!

#12362 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

For sure, but it’ll be awhile. I have to install new cabinet art first and deal with the back box and coin door lights not working. I think it’s the U1 chip

#12363 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

You can see many of my mods in the attached photos.

#12364 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

[quoted image]

Thanks!

I will look at home after work.

#12365 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Where does the crest badge thingy go? Start button?

#12366 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:You can see many of my mods in the attached photos.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

How do you keep from scarring up the side wall art blades? I installed art blades in my GZ game and have raised & lowered the pf several times w/o any problem, but The Getaway has only about 1/2 the clearance (as GZ) between the side edge of the pf and the side cabinet walls. My side cab. walls already have many scars from previous owners - a project on my to do list is to refinish the side walls, but I'm afraid to install art blades.

#12368 1 year ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Where does the crest badge thingy go? Start button?

Here is photo from early version provided by a user (not my 3D print).

#12369 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

How do you keep from scarring up the side wall art blades? I installed art blades in my GZ game and have raised & lowered the pf several times w/o any problem, but The Getaway has only about 1/2 the clearance (as GZ) between the side edge of the pf and the side cabinet walls. My side cab. walls already have many scars from previous owners - a project on my to do list is to refinish the side walls, but I'm afraid to install art blades.

I don't. As many times as I've had the playfield up and down I've scratched them to pieces, although I did apply adhesive felt to the edges of the playfield to minimize this. Lucky for me they were homemade and didn't cost very much. Once I undertake and finish my playfield swap, I plan on installing new ones.

#12370 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Finally received my game and I was able to fix the super charger the same day. I got the ball spinning to 92 on the SC speed test. The middle opto was out, the track needed cleaning, a touch of 3in1 and added new balls

Nice! It’s so satisfying watching the ball fly around the track and the repair is almost as much fun as the pin. Enjoy the game!

I second the pinball life art blade protectors that ktcoady12 posted above. Mine have been great.

Now I just need to find some apron cards and a deal on a color dmd… the project continues…

#12371 1 year ago

Quick question: When you have long ball time (around 1 minute in), is the ZZ Top background music supposed to stop? I’m wondering if I have a sound problem.

#12372 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Quick question: When you have long ball time (around 1 minute in), is the ZZ Top background music supposed to stop? I’m wondering if I have a sound problem.

No, it will repeat, and if all recall all my my tracks are closer to 2 or 3 minutes.

#12373 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

No, it will repeat, and if all recall all my my tracks are closer to 2 or 3 minutes.

I mean the standard music the machine comes with, not Pinsound. I’m assuming it’s supposed to loop too.

#12374 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I mean the standard music the machine comes with, not Pinsound. I’m assuming it’s supposed to loop too.

I believe it should. I don't recall the music ever running out.

#12375 1 year ago

Are you supposed to install the side wall blade protectors after the glass is removed but prior to raising the pf? And then remove the protectors just prior to reinserting the glass?, so that the protector is in place every time the pf is raised or lowered?

#12376 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

Are you supposed to install the side wall blade protectors after the glass is removed but prior to raising the pf? And then remove the protectors just prior to reinserting the glass?, so that the protector is in place every time the pf is raised or lowered?

Yes

#12377 1 year ago

Any Aussies thinking of selling a getaway?
No harm in asking.

#12378 1 year ago

I’ll be removing the shifter knob and adding a sporty one. After reading the forum it seems like it’s pretty tough to remove the knob. Does anybody have a suggestion before I take a Sawzall to it?

#12379 1 year ago
Quoted from jimjam:

Any Aussies thinking of selling a getaway?
No harm in asking.

jokerpoker will have a really nice one for sale next year (if you can wait).

-new cab decals
-arduino supercharger mod
-Pinsound with upgraded speakers
-starter key mod
-donut heaven building
-upgraded stop light
-helicopter / police car mod
-additional red/blue police lighting on top
-etc.

#12380 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

jokerpoker will have a really nice one for sale next year (if you can wait).
-new cab decals
-arduino supercharger mod
-Pinsound with upgraded speakers
-starter key mod
-donut heaven building
-upgraded stop light
-helicopter / police car mod
-additional red/blue police lighting on top
-etc.

That’s if you can part with such a beauty

#12381 1 year ago

yeah I have seen some really nice games sold on AA from Jokerpoker.

#12382 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I’ll be removing the shifter knob and adding a sporty one. After reading the forum it seems like it’s pretty tough to remove the knob. Does anybody have a suggestion before I take a Sawzall to it?

Just know the only way to get the original handle off is to destroy it, so be committed before undertaking the project.

#12383 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just know the only way to get the original handle off is to destroy it, so be committed before undertaking the project.

No need to destroy the original, just keep it as a spare. Just make a new blank rod with a threaded end (most screw on knobs etc are 3/8th) then add whatever you want as a handle/knob/whatever..

Getaway shifter rod (resized).jpgGetaway shifter rod (resized).jpg
#12384 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

No need to destroy the original, just keep it as a spare. Just make a new blank rod with a threaded end (most screw on knobs etc are 3/8th) then add whatever you want as a handle/knob/whatever..
[quoted image]

Well, in all fairness we are both correct.

Option 1: Use current rod by removing/destroying current handle
Option 2: Replace current rod with manufactured part

#12385 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, in all fairness we are both correct.

Option 1: Use current rod by removing/destroying current handle
Option 2: Replace current rod with manufactured part

It's not about being correct TBH. Why destroy the original when you don't need to?? Getting a rod machined up to the same specs with a thread one end is simple and relatively cheap. Price may depend on who you ask to do the job but it's not a difficult task by no means. It's just a bit of lathe work and pretty much any machine/engineering shop would do it for not a huge charge. It's like about an hours work tops!! And the best bit ..... you still have the original rod to change back to if you wish OR want to sell the machine and the new potential owner wants it original as much as possible.

#12386 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

It's not about being correct TBH. Why destroy the original when you don't need to?? Getting a rod machined up to the same specs with a thread one end is simple and relatively cheap. Price may depend on who you ask to do the job but it's not a difficult task by no means. It's just a bit of lathe work and pretty much any machine/engineering shop would do it for not a huge charge. It's like about an hours work tops!! And the best bit ..... you still have the original rod to change back to if you wish OR want to sell the machine and the new potential owner wants it original as much as possible.

You should sell spares then :p
I'd buy one

#12387 1 year ago
Quoted from sparksterz:

You should sell spares then :p
I'd buy one

Hey i could get them made up for a decent price BUT add the postage to the US you guys would be able to get one made yourself for far less which makes as much sense as destroying the original. Let's face it, once the original is gone i don't think you can buy another, at least i haven't seen any for sale anyway.

#12388 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Personally, I don't know why you would ever turn back. If you sell the pin then just leave it up to the buyer if they want the original.

#12389 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Personally, I don't know why you would ever turn back. If you sell the pin then just leave it up to the buyer if they want the original.

Some buyers do not like mods and it's nice to be able to put it back as close to stock as possible. I know some people are picky about original boards but if stuff is roached then there's little you can do about that. In this hobby, if you can salvage parts without destroying them its a good thing and I'm sure you could sell them to someone else.

#12390 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Hey i could get them made up for a decent price BUT add the postage to the US you guys would be able to get one made yourself for far less which makes as much sense as destroying the original. Let's face it, once the original is gone i don't think you can buy another, at least i haven't seen any for sale anyway.

You could try to set something up with an online supplier (we know the lists), they buy parts from overseas and resell them here in the states.

#12391 1 year ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

You could try to set something up with an online supplier (we know the lists), they buy parts from overseas and resell them here in the states.

I’m surprised nobody is making this mod and selling it. I don’t have the patients, so I think I’ll just destroy the original. I’m hoping to fit this puppy on in red

s-l200 (resized).jpgs-l200 (resized).jpg
#12392 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I’m hoping to fit this puppy on in red

Do you know what the thread size is? I can most likely get my bro to machine a rod up for you if you want to go that way, i hate to think you'll destroy the original Something else you need to consider is that i'm pretty sure the original rods won't be threaded on the plastic end, they would have been press fitted. So if the one's shown in your pic are internally threaded (most are) you'd still need a thread machined on the end of the original OR maybe a sleeve that is threaded on the outside but round on the inside. Even then the diameters will need to match.

#12393 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Do you know what the thread size is? I can most likely get my bro to machine a rod up for you if you want to go that way, i hate to think you'll destroy the original Something else you need to consider is that i'm pretty sure the original rods won't be threaded on the plastic end, they would have been press fitted. So if the one's shown in your pic are internally threaded (most are) you'd still need a thread machined on the end of the original OR maybe a sleeve that is threaded on the outside but round on the inside. Even then the diameters will need to match.

A couple of things to consider:
- The rod is not threaded so if you use it then you must have a way to attach the replacement handle (I used a version with set screws)
- Some knobs may be too heavy and when installed will not allow the shifter to operate properly (i.e. it won't return to center)

#12394 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Ah - yeah, missed your location. I still buy things from AUS on occasion though >.>

#12395 1 year ago

I did not consider the weight. That could become an issue. It’s made from carbon fiber and stainless steel. Also, If I can’t screw it on, I’ll do a temporary hold with strong carpenter double sided tape. Then possibly switch to A/B epoxy.

Stylish and cool, unique, personalized and modified boutique. Notes?Mounting hole diameter 8mm,10mm, 11mm, 12mm
??High Quality? The gear shift knob is selected from high Carbon Fiber and Stainless , corrosion resistant and durable.
??Convenient operation? Equipped with Self-tapping Screws (8mm + 10mm + 11mm+ 12mm) for maximizing buyers' utility.

#12396 1 year ago

Hello everyone. I've got another scratch build question that I hope someone here can answer. I'm trying to determine if there is a logical way the playfield GI wiring is routed. From the pictures I've found in this thread, it is difficult to tell. It seems that Org/Org Wht and Brn/Brn Wht pairs of the GI strings are on both sides so it isn't "left & right". I'd appreciate any pictures that might help clarify the GI wire routing.

Thanks in advance for the help...(again) !

#12397 1 year ago
Quoted from Walamab:

I'd appreciate any pictures that might help clarify the GI wire routing.

The routing isnt in the manual, but the GI as asuch and the wire colors are. Each section would have one wire, to which all GI in that segament are connected in parallel. Manual page 3-22.

Screenshot 2022-09-20 184506 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-09-20 184506 (resized).jpg
#12398 1 year ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

The routing isnt in the manual, but the GI as asuch and the wire colors are. Each section would have one wire, to which all GI in that segament are connected in parallel. Manual page 3-22.
[quoted image]

My j120 was torched and so I rebuilt it, hopefully this helps...

J120 Molex (resized).jpgJ120 Molex (resized).jpg

#12399 1 year ago

Confirmed, a Sawzall will take the shifter knob off in about 2 minutes. I ended up cutting a portion of the metal rod. I expected it to be harder and thought I was cutting a steel ring. Anyway, it’ll come off no problem with a Sawzall, just take a little more time than I did. Learning lesson for the next guy. I still think the new knob will fit easily.

B5BEDFAC-198C-436A-A7C3-B5E155156354 (resized).jpegB5BEDFAC-198C-436A-A7C3-B5E155156354 (resized).jpeg
#12400 1 year ago

This machine has to be the funnest machine to mod. The shifter came in and looks great. The set screws will ensure the knob won’t move. The knob does have a little weight to it. Hopefully that won’t be a problem. I had know idea you could shift down in this game.

03109314-695B-4F6F-BF22-2DB5236546F2 (resized).jpeg03109314-695B-4F6F-BF22-2DB5236546F2 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Potomac Falls, VA
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Westerville, OH
$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 40.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,988 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.