• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 277.
#1151 8 years ago

I've had good luck with L5. Where is the best place to buy L2 roms?

#1152 8 years ago

I would like to extend the ball save time by a couple seconds. I read through the manual and could not find this - does anyone know if this is possible ?
Mof

#1153 8 years ago

My min volume is 8.

1. How can I make 8 more quiet?
2. Why 8?

-mof

#1154 8 years ago

mof, I'm pretty sure you can extend the ball save time and the minimum volume most definitely. It's a standard WPC adjustment that by default Williams has off. Something about minimum volume OFF?

I'd look on mine but working on friends/Pinsider's brakes on his truck now.

#1155 8 years ago

Getaway is FUN. There I said it.
-mof

#1156 8 years ago

Sounds alittle odd that an older version software is better, but okey illa keep L2 then.

If anybody got time to explane, most welcome

#1157 8 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Sounds alittle odd that an older version software is better, but okey illa keep L2 then.
If anybody got time to explane, most welcome

Check ou the first page, post 45, for an explanation of what each ROM has or doesn't have.

#1158 8 years ago

I finally completed my HS2 tachometer mod! Inspired by HOOKED's Mustang tachometer mod, I designed and built a circuit board that connects a real automotive tachometer and shift light to GETAWAY's playfield tach. The real tachometer displays the same RPM as the playfield tach and the shift light lights up when you hit redline.

Here's a video of it in action:

I've been documenting the entire development (starting over a year ago) in a series of videos that are all listed in this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/video-series-designing-and-building-a-new-mod

#1159 8 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

I finally completed my HS2 tachometer mod! Inspired by HOOKED's Mustang tachometer mod, I designed and built a circuit board that connects a real automotive tachometer and shift light to GETAWAY's playfield tach. The real tachometer displays the same RPM as the playfield tach and the shift light lights up when you hit redline.
Here's a video of it in action:
» YouTube video
I've been documenting the entire development (starting over a year ago) in a series of videos that are all listed in this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/video-series-designing-and-building-a-new-mod

That is one of the coolest mods I have ever seen! Congrats on a very well though out and designed mod. Will you be offering these for sale?

#1160 8 years ago

Really cool mod!

#1162 8 years ago

Tach looks sweet, but will it rev with the flipper buttons before launching the ball?

#1163 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

My min volume is 8.
2. Why 8?
-mof

There is a setting to override min volume. Also, I don't think you can adjust ball save time.

Kyle - sweet tach mod! The shift light is a nice touch, too. Very clever.

#1164 8 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Tach looks sweet, but will it rev with the flipper buttons before launching the ball?

Sure does. Shift light comes on too!

#1165 8 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Will you be offering these for sale?

It's probably around 30 hours per mod to populate the board and build the cables. I can't afford the time to offer them pre-built. I think I have enough parts for a few more and I'm thinking about offering those parts as a kit. I'll need to get the parts list together and figure out cost.

#1166 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

My min volume is 8.
2. Why 8?
-mof

Minimum override: Set to Yes

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1167 8 years ago

I'

1440724068782.jpg1440724068782.jpg
1440724140801.jpg1440724140801.jpg

#1168 8 years ago

I'd love to join if that's alright with everyone I am enjoying your photographs of everyone's getaway machine's it's great to see what everyone else has done to theirs would really love to add the mountain mod if anyone knows where I might be able to obtain one

#1170 8 years ago
Quoted from stateworker37764:

I'd love to join if that's alright with everyone how to love your photographs of I get away it's great to see what everyone else is also done to theirs would really love to add the mountain mod if anyone knows where I might be able to obtain one

Sure you can join, one more is always welcome. The mountain is not made anymore so I don't think you'll find one. Also you can rotate your photos after you upload them with the rotate button.

#1171 8 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

It's probably around 30 hours per mod to populate the board and build the cables. I can't afford the time to offer them pre-built. I think I have enough parts for a few more and I'm thinking about offering those parts as a kit. I'll need to get the parts list together and figure out cost.

I'd be interested in a kit, would that have instructions with it? so i know where all the bits get soldered to the board, etc, etc. I'm not the most tech savvy kinda dude

#1172 8 years ago
Quoted from stateworker37764:

I'd love to join if that's alright with everyone how to love your photographs of I get away it's great to see what everyone else is also done to theirs would really love to add the mountain mod if anyone knows where I might be able to obtain one

OIII, you been copying my car placement, LOL. Just for a few seconds there i thought "Hang on??, That's MY machine!!"
Welcome to the club and if you want good ideas on mods and lighting tips check out MP's threads, he's got it all happening

#1173 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

TY !!!
-mof

Also, I did not see an adjustment for free ride length of time. I believe it depends on the version ROM you use. I'm running L2 which has a pretty generous amount of time.

#1174 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I'd be interested in a kit, would that have instructions with it? so i know where all the bits get soldered to the board, etc, etc. I'm not the most tech savvy kinda dude

2nd dependent on price and how detailed the instructions are.

#1175 8 years ago

Hey guys I need some color dmd fundage so gonna let my painted mountain mod go. It's in the original box with original instructions. 110 shipped to the lower 48. I only had it on for a short time and was thinking of selling machine so I removed it. Still looks how it did when I received it.

image.jpgimage.jpg
image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#1176 8 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

110 shipped to the lower 48.

Kudos on letting that go at (below?) the original price, especially given how rare they are now. Somebody needs to jump on this quick.

#1177 8 years ago

i just install my getaway mountain mod last nite man it look awesome i put green led under mountain

#1178 8 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Hey guys I need some color dmd fundage so gonna let my painted mountain mod go. It's in the original box with original instructions. 110 shipped to the lower 48. I only had it on for a short time and was thinking of selling machine so I removed it. Still looks how it did when I received it.
image.jpg
image_1.jpg

that's a GREAT deal !

#1179 8 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

110 shipped to the lower 48

Would you ship it to Aus?

#1180 8 years ago

Mountain is Tentatively spoken for. Yea, I was prolly one of the first on the list when these came out. I think I had ~100 bucks into it back then.. so maybe a pop and a slice of pizza profit.. Not much

#1181 8 years ago

If whomever purchased this would be willing to "donate it" to me for a little time, I can get some 3D printed and would offer to the community for whatever it cost me (I have a few friends who can make this happen). Please contact me on IM to discuss if possible.

#1182 8 years ago
Quoted from njgsx96:

I can get some 3D printed and would offer to the community for whatever it cost me

That sounds awesome. I would like to get a mountain mod, but they are simply unavailable

#1183 8 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

That sounds awesome. I would like to get a mountain mod, but they are simply unavailable

Unavailable except for this one! Or anyone who has one that wouldn't mind being without for the time it takes to get a copy made!

#1184 8 years ago

I'll take it if your willing to ship to Canada.

#1185 8 years ago

Shopped my Getaway this weekend. Went with full Titan rubbers. Red for slings and flippers. Clear for everything else. Looks pretty good. I also converted my GI from red/green to white. I didn't like how the colored GI washed out some of the playfield art. Not sure I like the all white, though. It's definitely bright enough - Comet 2 smd bulbs and op-max in slings. Maybe too bright. Kinda plain with everything a bright white. With the colored GI, you really noticed the flashers going off but not so much now. I'll give it some time but might switch back.

DSC_7864.jpgDSC_7864.jpg

DSC_7868.jpgDSC_7868.jpg

#1186 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Shopped my Getaway this weekend.

Did they have a kit for it, or did you make a rubber list? I wasn't sure if the one in the manual is accurate.
-mof

#1187 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

OIII, you been copying my car placement, LOL. Just for a few seconds there i thought "Hang on??, That's MY machine!!"
Welcome to the club and if you want good ideas on mods and lighting tips check out MP's threads, he's got it all happening

Thanks will do

#1188 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Did they have a kit for it, or did you make a rubber list? I wasn't sure if the one in the manual is accurate.
-mof

I think the manual was accurate. I used it as a reference but also did a visual count. If I remember right, the manual does not list the rings on star posts. Speaking of star posts, mine are often broken. I recommend having a bunch handy and keeping an eye on them.

#1189 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Shopped my Getaway this weekend. Went with full Titan rubbers. Red for slings and flippers. Clear for everything else. Looks pretty good. I also converted my GI from red/green to white. I didn't like how the colored GI washed out some of the playfield art. Not sure I like the all white, though. It's definitely bright enough - Comet 2 smd bulbs and op-max in slings. Maybe too bright. Kinda plain with everything a bright white. With the colored GI, you really noticed the flashers going off but not so much now. I'll give it some time but might switch back.

DSC_7864.jpg DSC_7868.jpg

I have the all white GI and like it. I like seeing all the natural colors of the pf and plastics. Yours looks great.

#1190 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Shopped my Getaway this weekend.

Did you use some blue LEDs across the top of the loop? (Or is that just cool white?) I did some of that with my High Speed, and I plan to do that with Getaway...

-mof

#1191 8 years ago

Anyone have the part # handy for the post we can install (to replace the star post) to make the upper flipper shot a little easier to make?

thanks,
mof

#1192 8 years ago

I believe that there is NO replacement. You simply remove the double star post, and leave it open (with a hole in playfield).

#1193 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Did you use some blue LEDs across the top of the loop? (Or is that just cool white?) I did some of that with my High Speed, and I plan to do that with Getaway...
-mof

There is no lighting in the back so I added a purple light strip behind the supercharger. I have it attached in a half moon shape so it really spreads the light across the back.

#1194 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

There is no lighting in the back so I added a purple light strip behind the supercharger. I have it attached in a half moon shape so it really spreads the light across the back.

Ok, I'd like to do that but in blue -- where can I grab one? There's that free 1/2" hole top right begging for a bulb socket.
-mof

#1195 8 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

I believe that there is NO replacement. You simply remove the double star post, and leave it open (with a hole in playfield).

I removed it, and boy that's way too easy. I'd like to try a stainless steel post in there to just reduce the width a few mm. Isn't that possible? I guess I just need one with an 8-32 screw, at 1-1/2" total length.

I might try knocking the top off this and sliding a Cliffy post rubber over it: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/21575

-mof

#1196 8 years ago

What's the best way to clean this ramp plastic up?
(see the wires at bottom)
-mof

201508_Get-ramp-plastics.jpg201508_Get-ramp-plastics.jpg

#1197 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Ok, I'd like to do that but in blue -- where can I grab one? There's that free 1/2" hole top right begging for a bulb socket.
-mof

These are awesome:
http://www.cometpinball.com/6-3-V-Plug-Play-Strips-Comet-Pinball-p/6.3vsmdstrips.htm

#1198 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

What's the best way to clean this ramp plastic up?
(see the wires at bottom)

Maybe the wires are just there for addes support ? I have this bracket installed on mine.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1674-23-R

#1199 8 years ago

What's the proper way to lock in the siren cover?
Can someone take me a useful pic?
-mof

#1200 8 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Maybe the wires are just there for addes support ? I have this bracket installed on mine.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1674-23-R

That is what I say since the plastic looks broken.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.