• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4875 (resized).jpeg
get2 (resized).jpg
get3 (resized).jpg
get1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4154 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt_la_canyons_15-4-120-14-24-33 (resized).jpg
IMG_4302 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
media-pinball-display-mounting-bracket (resized).jpg
IMG_7017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpeg

There are 13,738 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 275.
#11901 2 years ago

Quick question to the Getaway Club. Does my ball gate flap look normal at the end of the shooter lane? My guess that at some point the flap got
compromised and should be uniform.

If someone can confirm, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

HS2Gate.pdfHS2Gate.pdf
#11902 2 years ago

Definitely a bit broken... Here's mine for comparison:

PXL_20220201_005205058.jpgPXL_20220201_005205058.jpg
#11903 2 years ago

Thanks frunch,

That's what i suspected. Appreciate the photo for confirmation!

#11904 2 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Thanks frunch,
That's what i suspected. Appreciate the photo for confirmation!

Looks like something took a bite out of it.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-6935

#11905 2 years ago

Mr_Tantrum,

Thanks for forwarding the ball gate part at Marco. Suspecting the ball gate had a issue, I ordered one. Just got to make time for the replacement!

BallGateHS11`.pdfBallGateHS11`.pdf
#11906 2 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Mr_Tantrum,
Thanks for forwarding the ball gate part at Marco. Suspecting the ball gate had a issue, I ordered one. Just got to make time for the replacement!
[quoted image]

Both for you and posterity.

#11907 2 years ago

About to install a Pin2DMD for my HS2.

Noticed there is a new colorization file available from Geisterfahrer at VP Universe. There is also an older file available from Malenko. I have read comments posted on VP Universe site, but does not really clarify for me.

Maybe any of you guys have already upgrade colorization file and can update me. Question: which one is the best / colorized most completely, and if this makes a big difference?

Thanks for any input you may have.

#11908 2 years ago

I love the Getaway. So simple, but a paradise for modders.

#11909 2 years ago
Quoted from Hans_Saris:

About to install a Pin2DMD for my HS2.
Noticed there is a new colorization file available from Geisterfahrer at VP Universe. There is also an older file available from Malenko. I have read comments posted on VP Universe site, but does not really clarify for me.
Maybe any of you guys have already upgrade colorization file and can update me. Question: which one is the best / colorized most completely, and if this makes a big difference?
Thanks for any input you may have.

I paid for the latest colorization, which includes the video mode. Its not perfect, and everything isn't colored (the map scene when you hit the saucer is still single color) but I think its worth it. I haven't tried Malenko's file, so I cannot compare.

Good luck!

#11910 2 years ago

Thanks Pinash, colored video mode is nice, cause you are actually looking a the screen then. Think will choose the latest one, as you did. Any other input about comparison / differences still welcome though

#11911 2 years ago

Is anyone can help where can I get

that bracket part number #01-6811-1

This was a bracket added after production in April, 1992 and documented in SB41 (service bulletin)

654c8f4e8f6ba8f26b1a3db7060f0999bc13755f (resized).png654c8f4e8f6ba8f26b1a3db7060f0999bc13755f (resized).png
#11912 2 years ago
Quoted from Premier:

Is anyone can help where can I get
that bracket part number #01-6811-1
This was a bracket added after production in April, 1992 and documented in SB41 (service bulletin)
[quoted image]

I think it's this, although mine is silver?

https://flippers.com/catalog_oc/williams-c-5_36/add-a-bracket-p-4615.html

#11913 2 years ago

That's it, but why does it look like it's made out of copper? That color bracket would stand out like a sore thumb.

#11914 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

That's it, but why does it look like it's made out of copper? That color bracket would stand out like a sore thumb.

Agreed, mine is not copper. Strange. Honestly, it's a simple l-bracket. I'd heat to Home Depot and craft up something.

#11915 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

I paid for the latest colorization, which includes the video mode. Its not perfect, and everything isn't colored (the map scene when you hit the saucer is still single color) but I think its worth it. I haven't tried Malenko's file, so I cannot compare.
Good luck!

The one you pay for is more complete than mine. You can always use mine (free) then later get the paid one, wont hurt my feelings.

#11916 2 years ago

Thanks, think I will just pay for the latest, more complete file then. Someone else also already told me was built on Malenko's file, so should indeed be better / more complete.

#11917 2 years ago

It's been a long wait, but I'm finally in this club.

collection1 (resized).jpgcollection1 (resized).jpg
#11918 2 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

It's been a long wait, but I'm finally in this club.

Welcome, we've been waiting for you!

#11919 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I knew it!!!

#11920 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Creepy! lol J/K!

Welcome!

#11921 2 years ago

Installed today thanks to Mr tantrum

20220209_185529 (resized).jpg20220209_185529 (resized).jpg20220209_185530 (resized).jpg20220209_185530 (resized).jpg20220209_185533 (resized).jpg20220209_185533 (resized).jpg20220209_185536 (resized).jpg20220209_185536 (resized).jpg
#11922 2 years ago
Quoted from Premier:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good. You might want to consider swapping your sign bulbs - yellow for SC ready and red for redline mania

#11923 2 years ago

I am in the process of restoring my Getaway. Where has everyone gotten there cab decals from? I see that Planetary Pinball and Classic Arcades both offer them.
Thanks

#11924 2 years ago
Quoted from Duramadmax:

I am in the process of restoring my Getaway. Where has everyone gotten there cab decals from? I see that Planetary Pinball and Classic Arcades both offer them.
Thanks

I've restored two Getaway pins and I used both of the ones you listed. The short answer is that I was MUCH happier with the ones from Classic Arcades - both in terms of color and customer service (I had a slight issue with both).

#11925 2 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

I've restored two Getaway pins and I used both of the ones you listed. The short answer is that I was MUCH happier with the ones from Classic Arcades - both in terms of color and customer service (I had a slight issue with both).

Thanks. I ordered it from Classic Arcades.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11926 2 years ago
Quoted from Premier:

Quoted from Premier:

Is that red supercharger letter yours or Mr Tantrum?
I have not seen that before.

#11927 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

It was on Thingiverse (forgot who designed it), and I printed it for him.

#11928 2 years ago

These flipper cabinet protectors are now available. I went with a low tack adhesive instead of the electrostatic option. The decals are now also a little smaller so they do not interfere with the existing cabinet art.
Available from the Pinside Pinball Haus shop. $20 pair

IMG_20220215_193038 (resized).jpgIMG_20220215_193038 (resized).jpg
#11929 2 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

These flipper cabinet protectors are now available.

Cool, my car needs a turbo with 425psi of boost too!

#11930 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

anyone have a link to this? ...can't find it on thingiverse

#11931 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

anyone have a link to this? ...can't find it on thingiverse

One of the other files in this mountain mod:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4539022

#11933 2 years ago

A few things I add this weekend, the side blades are really nice !

Opinions...

20220219_193036 (resized).jpg20220219_193036 (resized).jpg20220219_193051 (resized).jpg20220219_193051 (resized).jpg20220219_193023 (resized).jpg20220219_193023 (resized).jpg20220219_193019 (resized).jpg20220219_193019 (resized).jpg
#11934 2 years ago
Quoted from Premier:

I think those in particular look really nice,and the loop lights really make the game seem more modern.

#11935 2 years ago
Quoted from Premier:

Opinions...

Personally, I highly recommend replacing the color GI bulbs with cool white. The colored bulbs hide the colors of the artwork, make it harder to see the ball, and distort the overall look of the playfield and side blades. It comes down to personal preference, but I think you would like the overall look and feel of the game better.

#11937 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Personally, I highly recommend replacing the color GI bulbs with cool white.

The Stern OEM clear donm warm white work best for me. Very natural light. Colored go is definitely not a good choice. Currently doing a monster bash and it's the same there. The art was made for white bulbs and that is how it looks closest to the designers intention.

#11938 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

The Stern OEM clear donm warm white work best for me. Very natural light. Colored go is definitely not a good choice. Currently doing a monster bash and it's the same there. The art was made for white bulbs and that is how it looks closest to the designers intention.

The choice is definitely between warm & cool white, and for me it depends on the game. I prefer cool in Getaway as it just makes all of the colors pop but I also can appreciate someone preferring warm white for a more incandescent softer look. On the other hand, many might say that I go a little overboard on my lighting.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#11939 2 years ago

I don’t know…. I kinda like my color coordinated lights!

5D57078C-8BCB-4FCB-ADE2-74AE710B56C6 (resized).jpeg5D57078C-8BCB-4FCB-ADE2-74AE710B56C6 (resized).jpeg
#11940 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I don’t know…. I kinda like my color coordinated lights! [quoted image]

I got flamed hard by supporting the over-the-rainbow look of some games. IMHO, it's a personal choice. Personally, it's very game specific. My STTNG looks great with a purple hue. I tried the same on TZ and can't wait to remove it. My HSII is cool white, which I think looks great. But to each their own. Frankly, I don't care what color you paint your house or what color shirt you wear. To each their own.

My cell camera does an awful job photographing my rainbow games. They always look over saturated. Not sure if there's a way to adjust the iphone camera to make it look more real-life.....

#11941 2 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

I got flamed hard by supporting the over-the-rainbow look of some games. IMHO, it's a personal choice. Personally, it's very game specific. My STTNG looks great with a purple hue. I tried the same on TZ and can't wait to remove it. My HSII is cool white, which I think looks great. But to each their own. Frankly, I don't care what color you paint your house or what color shirt you wear. To each their own.
My cell camera does an awful job photographing my rainbow games. They always look over saturated. Not sure if there's a way to adjust the iphone camera to make it look more real-life.....

Edit: grammar

Hmmmm.....I meant to update my previous post. Is there no way to delete a post once it's made? I know, off topic...

#11942 2 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Agree, the photos don’t do a good job of showing the lighting changes we make.

Bottom line, is like you said, to each his own.

#11943 2 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Edit: grammar
Hmmmm.....I meant to update my previous post. Is there no way to delete a post once it's made? I know, off topic...

No, but from experience you can edit it to something completely different to hide your mistake.

#11944 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Cool, my car needs a turbo with 425psi of boost too!

You are driving a generic Italian sports car. Assume that's mm of Hg

#11945 2 years ago

About to tear down playfield for cleaning, new rubbers and installing playfield protector. Any specifics I should know for Getaway? For other games I could use a shopping guide, which was useful, but could not find one for Getaway. Believe this game should be quite easy (just finished WH2O ), but any tips are welcome! Thanks, Hans

#11946 2 years ago
Quoted from Hans_Saris:

About to tear down playfield for cleaning, new rubbers and installing playfield protector. Any specifics I should know for Getaway? For other games I could use a shopping guide, which was useful, but could not find one for Getaway. Believe this game should be quite easy (just finished WH2O ), but any tips are welcome! Thanks, Hans

I thought getaway was pretty easy to shop. My advice would be to remove the supercharger (search YouTube) which makes everything easier to access and clean. Once it's off, disassemble/clean the diverter assembly and replace anything that seems worn.

#11947 2 years ago

Here's a guide someone else did about removing the supercharger. It has helped me in the past:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-supercharger-removal-tutorial#post-6204761

Jeff

#11948 2 years ago

Thanks Pinash and Jeff!

#11949 2 years ago
Quoted from Premier:

Opinions...

It's not my cup of tea but your pin your choice, make it how you like it and enjoy.

#11950 2 years ago

I like keeping GI bulbs on the playfield white too. Same goes for in the backbox. I think they come out looking a little off when you go with the blue or purple trying to match the plastics or artwork. I think I did red behind the words GETAWAY in the backbox, but that's about it.

I usually go with cool white with the frosted dome for my bulbs. I've even gone back to white underneath some coloured inserts after realizing the insert colour comes through cleaner with a white bulb than trying to match yellow or orange or whatever. I saw this difference most significantly on my Lethal Weapon 3 pin.

Side note, Party Zone has a multiball/Big Bang jackpot feature where all the GI goes red. They originally did this by having some of those GI bulbs dedicated to this red mode and put those rubber bulb condoms on them. I have red frosted dome LEDs in all those spots now.

And on the subject of toys or others mods and add-ons, I don't like having my view blocked or impeded. That goes for the mountain mod in Getaway, but also as simple as playing games with plastic return ramps that are cloudy with age and have GI bulbs out. Found this on a Creature from the Black Lagoon onsite and it was pretty much unplayable because you couldn't see where the ball was half the time. This isn't DE Tommy with the flipper covers, lol.

oh... and photos turn out terrible with the playfield glass in place for the most part.

IMG_6387 (resized).JPGIMG_6387 (resized).JPGIMG_6389 (resized).JPGIMG_6389 (resized).JPGIMG_6394 (resized).JPGIMG_6394 (resized).JPGIMG_6397 (resized).JPGIMG_6397 (resized).JPGIMG_6406 (resized).JPGIMG_6406 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
There are 13,738 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/239?hl=robf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.