• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 235 of 277.
#11701 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Got the unlimited multiball bug again. This is the second time in less than 50 plays! Looks like upgrading from L-2 is in my future.

Yeah, that happens to me frequently too unfortunately. I still haven't migrated from L-2 though. Really hoping that Soren releases an update in the next couple years that fixes it. I know he has a patched L-5, but I just prefer having the run the red light animation and secret mania. Definitely not a tournament worthy ROM, but I play for fun :p

#11702 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Got the unlimited multiball bug again. This is the second time in less than 50 plays! Looks like upgrading from L-2 is in my future.

There are specific circumstances that cause this. BTW, I had a run where I had it happen 3 or 4 times in a week, but since this it hasn't happened in months (maybe a year +). At this point nothing would take me away from L-2 outside of a new firmware version based on L-2 that repairs the bugs.

#11703 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Which direction are you pushing the sleeve into the coil from? Flanged end should be up against the coil stop. Soldering lugs on the coil should (normally) be on the end opposite to the coil stop.

Alex - You are absolutely correct, I put the coil in backwards! (I should probably stop working on these things at 2AM), but it was working perfectly even with the coil in backwards. I didn't need to trim off 1/8" of the sleeve to make it fit - that should have been the flag that told me something was wrong, but I guess my brain doesn't hit on all cylinders when I'm tired.
I've now reversed the coil so it's installed the same as the drawing in the manual, and I reinstalled the previous sleeve (that was new 2-mos. ago). Everything still works ok after playing a few games. Thanks for pointing this out to me - down the road you saved me (or the next owner) the confusion of trying to figure out why the left flipper coil was in backwards. Months ago I posted something about the Getaway's kicker (with pics), and discovered (after reading comments from others) that my kicker didn't look right. After looking closely, I figured out that someone previously must have worked on the kicker and installed some wrong parts, but it still worked, just not perfectly. I made some high quality adjustments to the mechanism to make the wrong parts work better, and in the 5 (or so) mos. since then, it still works perfectly. I didn't then, and still don't now, feel like I need to retrofit the correct kicker parts to restore the kicker to factory specs. Sometimes crazy things happen to these games.

#11704 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

There are specific circumstances that cause this. BTW, I had a run where I had it happen 3 or 4 times in a week, but since this it hasn't happened in months (maybe a year +). At this point nothing would take me away from L-2 outside of a new firmware version based on L-2 that repairs the bugs.

Regarding getting unlimited balls during multi-ball, this happened to me 2-times in 6-months, but both times it was right after doing some maintenance work beneath the pf. Both times I found a wire that didn't look right. I think the wire needed to resoldered both times, but it was an easy fix both times after I found the bad wire. The fix was somewhere in the general area to the left of the kicker where the balls rest prior to being fed to the kicker. I think that when lifting the pf, my hand accidentally rubbed against some wires while grabbing the 2-bent bars at the near corners of the pf for lifting it. I think after the 2nd time I slightly rerouted the wires to prevent this from happening again, and it hasn't.

#11705 2 years ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

Regarding getting unlimited balls during multi-ball, this happened to me 2-times in 6-months, but both times it was right after doing some maintenance work beneath the pf. Both times I found a wire that didn't look right. I think the wire needed to resoldered both times, but it was an easy fix both times after I found the bad wire. The fix was somewhere in the general area to the left of the kicker where the balls rest prior to being fed to the kicker. I think that when lifting the pf, my hand accidentally rubbed against some wires while grabbing the 2-bent bars at the near corners of the pf for lifting it. I think after the 2nd time I slightly rerouted the wires to prevent this from happening again, and it hasn't.

The software has well documented bugs, so I'm thinking your situation was either different, or a coincidence?

#11706 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

It's happened to me twice this week, which is frequent enough for me to order L-5 (patched) to try out. In the meantime, while I'm playing L-2, I'm going to reduce the amount of time Burn Rubber awards multiball (using either standard adj 26 or feature adj 13).

#11707 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

It's happened to me twice this week, which is frequent enough for me to order L-5 (patched) to try out. In the meantime, while I'm playing L-2, I'm going to reduce the amount of time Burn Rubber awards multiball (using either standard adj 26 or feature adj 13).

You just need to learn what the exact sequence is that causes it and you can then have awareness to avoid it . I’ve posted multiple times before, but I’ll go track it down again and link to it.

Okay, found it. Here is a detailed explanation of the L2 Endless Multi-ball bug | https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin#post-1407053

Also, here are the main differences between L2 and L5:

Run the Red Light display mode | L2 Y - L5 N
Secret mania bug with forgotten ball-locks | L2 Y - L5 N
Endless multiball (FREE RIDE BUG) | L2 Y - L5 N
Red light mania to normal multiball shift bug | L2 N - L5 Y
Multiple balls released from lock (multi player) | L2 N - L5 Y
Multi-state right flipper (must have proper switch installed) | L2 N - L5 Y

#11708 2 years ago

hey guys

im doing my PF swap shortly,
i will order new targets and 1x magnet coil(i have a bad one)

otherwise, i have that on my list. am i missing something? or do I have too much(some not needed)
all flippers were rebuilt recently. it's already converted to LED and titans rubbers.
11 (resized).JPG11 (resized).JPG33 (resized).JPG33 (resized).JPG

#11709 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

am i missing something? or do I have too much(some not needed)

That depends on the condition of your machine. if your things are fine no need to change. only you will know that...

#11710 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

hey guys
otherwise, i have that on my list. am i missing something? or do I have too much(some not needed)
all flippers were rebuilt recently. it's already converted to LED and titans rubbers.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I always look at the machine I’m working on while making a parts list

#11711 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

hey guys
[quoted image][quoted image]

knocker brackets rarely go bad...not sure why you want to replace that....

#11712 2 years ago

will order new targets and 1x magnet coil(i have a bad one)</blockquote

Looking at your list,
It looks like you’re missing the entire knocker, just buy the assembly.

Monkfe is 100% on the brackets.
Unless they’re broken / cracked they don’t wear out.

Personally,
I would make sure everything works 100% before I would attempt a PF swap or overlay simply to know that it worked 100% before the swap.
God luck!

#11714 2 years ago

Paseb
I posted My previous reply kind of goofy.
I aggree with monkfe, unless they’re cracked or Broken, the brackets should be fine.
Looking at your list , it looks like you need the entire knocker. Why not just buy the knocker assembly?l

1 week later
#11715 2 years ago

Cliffys new stainless ramp flaps...

20211212_131817 (resized).jpg20211212_131817 (resized).jpg
#11716 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Cliffys new stainless ramp flaps..

that's cool

#11717 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

[quoted image]

Nice! I must have missed these on their site so if you can, and wouldn't mind, please post a photo once installed, I'd love to see how those look when you get them on your machine.

#11718 2 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Nice! I must have missed these on their site so if you can, and wouldn't mind, please post a photo once installed, I'd love to see how those look when you get them on your machine.

Its going to be a few months as I just sent the playfield out to be touched up/clear coated....

#11719 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Cliffys new stainless ramp flaps

I need one!

#11720 2 years ago

monkfe
Are you going mirrior polish or brushed finish on the metal ramps?

#11721 2 years ago

Does anyone have a new PF they want to part with? Just checking before I buy one online.

#11722 2 years ago
Quoted from Hapidance:

monkfe
Are you going mirrior polish or brushed finish on the metal ramps?

No plans for the polish...change my mind...

#11723 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Its going to be a few months as I just sent the playfield out to be touched up/clear coated....

All good, thank you! How did you order these?

#11724 2 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

All good, thank you! How did you order these?

Just shoot cliffy an email....passionforpinball.com I believe is the correct site....

#11725 2 years ago

Does anyone know the part number for this item ? Inner Shifter plastic holding the knob tube.

Or is there a way to fix the fact the sides are used and don't offer sufficient grip to hold it steady. Still working but kind of floating in the holder...

Thx

inner shifter 1 (resized).jpginner shifter 1 (resized).jpginner shifter 2 (resized).jpginner shifter 2 (resized).jpg
#11726 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

Or is there a way to fix the fact the sides are used and don't offer sufficient grip to hold it steady. Still working but kind of floating in the holder...

I checked the manual, but that doesnt really have any onfo on that. Also I checked my photos and see what it is supposed to look like. I figure it would be atrick repair and only possible with really good machining. Likely your best shot is to have this recreated by one of the 3D-printing wizards here - which unfortunately I am not :/

#11727 2 years ago

I sell a 3D print version, but probably cost prohibitive to ship to you.

#11728 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Costs aside for shipping one to Germany, your 3D printed product saved the day for me when I needed it. My game had that same kind of wear on the "shoulders" of the mount and it too would slip out of the bracket and render it unuseable.

The one you made for me worked perfectly from the moment it went in and has since for all of the gazillion games I've played on my Getaway. Thank you very much for that, super(charger) appreciated!

IMG_2391 (resized).JPGIMG_2391 (resized).JPGIMG_2587 (resized).JPGIMG_2587 (resized).JPGIMG_2590 (resized).JPGIMG_2590 (resized).JPG
#11729 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

[quoted image]

The up/down ramp flap on my Getaway game is cracked and starting to rust (but still works ok), so it's on my list for a near future replacement. The Cliffy flaps look great (they're stainless steel) and I'd like to install them, but I've got a few questions:
1) what size are the repair rivets for the up/down ramp flap? - the up/down ramp parts list isn't shown in the owners' manual, but the rivets look like the same size as for the supercharger ramp flap (1/8 x 1/8 Lg. nic. plt.). monkfe - what size did you use?
2) Another question - How did you install the rivets? Is there a rivet installation tool out there? Can some other tool be improvised to do the job so I don't have to pay $30 for a one-time-use-tool?

#11730 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Is this file avaible on thingiverse.com?

/Carl

#11731 2 years ago
Quoted from Magadovski:

Is this file avaible on thingiverse.com?
/Carl

Sorry, for purchase only (I don’t share most of my designs for a couple of reasons). PM me if you want to discuss pricing.

#11732 2 years ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

The up/down ramp flap on my Getaway game is cracked and starting to rust (but still works ok), so it's on my list for a near future replacement. The Cliffy flaps look great (they're stainless steel) and I'd like to install them, but I've got a few questions:
1) what size are the repair rivets for the up/down ramp flap? - the up/down ramp parts list isn't shown in the owners' manual, but the rivets look like the same size as for the supercharger ramp flap (1/8 x 1/8 Lg. nic. plt.). monkfe - what size did you use?
2) Another question - How did you install the rivets? Is there a rivet installation tool out there? Can some other tool be improvised to do the job so I don't have to pay $30 for a

2) Another question - How did you install the rivets? Is there a rivet installation tool out there? Can some other tool be improvised to do the job so I don't have to pay $30 for a one-time-use-tool?

I used the smallest ones in the kit from pinball restore...I'd have to go and look when I get home unless someone else can chime in...I have a rivet press I made from an arbor press, but they do make hand held tools for these which I also use from time to time as there are clearance issues sometimes with the press. Amazon also sells some rivet tools

edit: I believe I used the 1/8 x 5/32 rivet for the ramp flaps...

#11733 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Sorry, for purchase only (I don’t share most of my designs for a couple of reasons). PM me if you want to discuss pricing.

Depending on the cost specifics I might take one on a "to have is better than to need" basis. Maybe I also have a shipping adress in the US to relay, if there is a few weeks to months time for someone to pick up.

#11734 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

there are clearance issues sometimes with the press

Buy the extended dies from Pin Restore for the arbor press setup and that solves any reach problem i've encountered so far. Note that you can't use both longer dies at the same time though, 1 standard and 1 long.

#11735 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Buy the extended dies from Pin Restore for the arbor press setup and that solves any reach problem i've encountered so far. Note that you can't use both longer dies at the same time though, 1 standard and 1 long.

Yeah they're out of business now...but yeah I should have purchased that long die as they custom made that one

#11736 2 years ago

Since a few people have inquired, I sell the 3D printed Gear Shift Pivot part for $15 including US shipping. Please PM me if interested in purchasing.

#11737 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Yeah they're out of business now...but yeah I should have purchased that long die as they custom made that one

DAMN, just looked up the site and had no idea

#11738 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

DAMN, just looked up the site and had no idea

I found the same tool on amazon for hand riveting, but not the one them made special for the press....could probably be machined down....

#11739 2 years ago

I have one of these for doing rivets. - https://www.pintonka.mountainminded.net/

#11740 2 years ago

In the club killer game very addictive

5C7F0D6A-6F2E-4C26-8B83-7E1B88755EEF (resized).jpeg5C7F0D6A-6F2E-4C26-8B83-7E1B88755EEF (resized).jpeg72C0CE6E-2E50-4EBC-85C0-5425E108BBA2 (resized).jpeg72C0CE6E-2E50-4EBC-85C0-5425E108BBA2 (resized).jpegFB09F778-43EB-4D3A-9340-CAA05C19714D (resized).jpegFB09F778-43EB-4D3A-9340-CAA05C19714D (resized).jpeg
#11741 2 years ago

Nice looking game... Congrats!

#11742 2 years ago

looking for a nice no fade getaway in the St. Louis +4 hour area

#11743 2 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

In the club killer game very addictive [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice, welcome to the club, enjoy!

#11744 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

I wouldn't let cabinet decals get in the way of finding a great game, it's pretty standard to have some fade and you could hide in between some of your other pins, but I get it... good luck!

#11745 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

If you are looking for original graphics, then good luck. It is extremely rare to find a no fade Getaway as the red ink they used at the time just seemed to degrade by being exposed to the air. There are exceptions of course, but still very rare from what I've seen.

#11746 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

If you are looking for original graphics, then good luck. It is extremely rare to find a no fade Getaway as the red ink they used at the time just seemed to degrade by being exposed to the air. There are exceptions of course, but still very rare from what I've seen.

I dont know why I put that. I meant a nice playfield (Christmas party buzz when I posted)

#11747 2 years ago

For those of you who have purchased my mountain mod, here's a timelapse of one being 3D printed that covers over 13 hours in less than 10 seconds.

Getaway Mountain.gifGetaway Mountain.gif

#11748 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

For those of you who have purchased my mountain mod, here's a timelapse of one being 3D printed that covers over 13 hours in less than 10 seconds.
[quoted image]

Can’t wait

#11749 2 years ago

Have two 9k + games sitting next to the Getaway and all I want to do is play this game how fucked up is that

#11750 2 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Have two 9k + games sitting next to the Getaway and all I want to do is play this game how fucked up is that

Ha-ha, I don't know the games you're referring to but I found that just because they are expensive does not always translate to fun games. Besides, we all have different tastes in what we like so even the Pinside rating should be taken with a grain of salt. Enjoy!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 20.00
5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 235 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/235?hl=robf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.