• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 227 of 277.
#11301 3 years ago

its ALIVE !!!!!

it wound up being a loose connection.
I turned on the power and a game began!

Amazingly, the Supercharger not only works , but it works well.
Now to play a few dozen games and find all the trouble spots.

I'm thinking it needs a new set of hinges to start
I'm going to try and bend them back into shape first and see how that works out.
I'd rather spend the $$ on fun stuff instead of hinges.

#11302 3 years ago
Quoted from Hapidance:

its ALIVE !!!!!
it wound up being a loose connection.
I turned on the power and a game began!
Amazingly, the Supercharger not only works , but it works well.
Now to play a few dozen games and find all the trouble spots.
I'm thinking it needs a new set of hinges to start
I'm going to try and bend them back into shape first and see how that works out.
I'd rather spend the $$ on fun stuff instead of hinges.

Interesting my right hinge is shot too...must have been a bad batch...never had this issue with any of my other B/W games...

#11303 3 years ago

monkfe
The slides are new to me, but from what I’ve read, almost all of the original hinges
Are bent and don’t work well at all.
There are a few posts about it.
search post#6955

#11304 2 years ago

i installed a khar no reset on my getaway and the color dmd is now freezing. I put back original connector and dmd is fine.

i also put it in my dirry harry and road show, both has color dmd and its fine.

anyone had this problem?

#11305 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

i installed a khar no reset on my getaway and the color dmd is now freezing. I put back original connector and dmd is fine.
anyone had this problem?

Well that board taps Into your 12v to supply your 5v, so I'm guessing your tapping out that supply...I use an ezsbc 12v regulator whenever I get a new machine...replace that small cap next to it too

#11306 2 years ago

how come I dont have issue with my 2x other william pins?

not sure i want to go into removing the board and install a cap to be able to use khar product...

#11307 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

how come I dont have issue with my 2x other william pins?
not sure i want to go into removing the board and install a cap to be able to use khar product...

I would imagine your 12v regulated supply is overstressed or just needs a rebuilding...I've found bad caps on low time machines so just age can kill them...

#11308 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

anyone had this problem?

You clearly have a 5v AND a 12v issue... Your PS is failing, rebuild your PS and you wont even need the Kahr board.

#11309 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

You clearly have a 5v AND a 12v issue... Your PS is failing, rebuild your PS and you wont even need the Kahr board.

Thx, how to? Any link? Or purchase a new unit?

Where is this power supply located? Noob here

Thx

#11310 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Where is this power supply located? Noob here. Thx

Well, you need soldering skills, and then purchase this... https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/WPC-PDA12697X
The components you'll replace are primarily in the upper right quarter of the power/driver (biggest) board in the back box.

As far as how, its pretty self-explanatory, match each component, remove the old, install the new. Or do a simple main forum search, there is tons of info.
There's also resource info if you want to send it out to someone who will supply the bits and do the work for you.

#11311 2 years ago

Well, I'm back in the Pinduino game on my supercharger loop. Just to refresh, I was having some supercharger speed issues and the Pinduino LED strip was one of a few factors causing the slow downs. So, I removed the strip and ordered a thinner one off eBay. The new strip work exactly like the old, but is less than half the width and doesn't obstruct the ball whatsoever.

IMG_5824 (resized).JPGIMG_5824 (resized).JPGIMG_5825 (resized).JPGIMG_5825 (resized).JPGIMG_5826 (resized).JPGIMG_5826 (resized).JPG
#11312 2 years ago

like the shifter mod on your game @ MrTantrum

#11313 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

like the shifter mod on your game @ MrTantrum

Thanks, but I forgot to turn it on for the photo.

#11314 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Thanks, but I forgot to turn it on for the photo.

any chance of attaching a pic with it on?

#11315 2 years ago

I would love to join the club. If anyone has a suped up one for sale, please DM me. Thx!

#11316 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

I would love to join the club. If anyone has a suped up one for sale, please DM me. Thx!

It's a zero sum gain - for you to join the club, someone must leave the club . . . happy and sad at the same time.

#11317 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Where is this power supply located? Noob here
Thx

It is easy to damage the PCB traces when desoldering the old components. I highly recommend that you find a friend with good soldering skills or send the board out for the work.

Good read through on pinwiki for all things power related troubleshooting for WPC power board. https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_resets
(section 6.17.15 talks about replacing the filter capacitors with the same warning as I mentioned above.)

#11318 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

any chance of attaching a pic with it on?

IMG_5828.JPGIMG_5828.JPGIMG_5829.JPGIMG_5829.JPG
#11319 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, I'm back in the Pinduino game on my supercharger loop. Just to refresh, I was having some supercharger speed issues and the Pinduino LED strip was one of a few factors causing the slow downs. So, I removed the strip and ordered a thinner one off eBay. The new strip work exactly like the old, but is less than half the width and doesn't obstruct the ball whatsoever.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, I found I needed to slightly raise mine above the loop when I installed it. Not by any amount that's been noticed probably only a millimeter

#11320 2 years ago

Hey, where's the best place to get that key for the start button? I've looked around, but none look as cool as in the pics above.

Thanks,
Jeff

#11321 2 years ago
Quoted from Grangeomatic:

Hey, where's the best place to get that key for the start button? I've looked around, but none look as cool as in the pics above.
Thanks,
Jeff

Mezel Mods has it in green or red. I originally bought green but didn't like it, so switched to red: https://mezelmods.com/collections/the-getaway-high-speed-2-pinball-mods/products/getaway-high-speed-2-pinball-led-key-mod?variant=888124621

#11322 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

So, I removed the strip and ordered a thinner one off eBay.

#11323 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

It's a zero sum gain - for you to join the club, someone must leave the club . . . happy and sad at the same time.

I agree for a no longer manufactured pin, it's all a zero sum game. I was looking for someone who perhaps wanted to move on to another game that would bring them equal if not more happiness. I was hoping for happy and happy at the same time.

BTW, Yours looks AMAZING!

#11324 2 years ago

I was hoping for happy and happy at the same time.

I just meant that the group is always a little sad when someone leaves us (wasn't thinking about the seller), but happy when a newcomer joins. These pins do seem to come up fairly often (they produced over 13,000 of them), so I wish you the best and a short waiting time.

BTW, Yours looks AMAZING!

Thanks. Since you are fairly local to me (north Fort Worth near Texas Motor Speedway), you're welcome to come over and play it.

#11325 2 years ago

How did I not see that? Thanks. I'll put it on my list.

#11326 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I just meant that the group is always a little sad when someone leaves us (wasn't thinking about the seller), but happy when a newcomer joins. These pins do seem to come up fairly often (they produced over 13,000 of them), so I wish you the best and a short waiting time.

Thanks. Since you are fairly local to me (north Fort Worth near Texas Motor Speedway), you're welcome to come over and play it.

Never knew there were over 13,000 produced.

#11328 2 years ago

did anyone see interactive undercap illumination?
I'm imagining something red, glowing.bumpers should do white flashes. police light could reflect on the ground as well.

nutty - thissounds like it could be up your alley...

doit (resized).jpegdoit (resized).jpeg
#11329 2 years ago

As a followup - about a week ago I posted about the automatic shooter on my Getaway not always propelling the ball fast enough to make it completely around the inner orbit like it does most of the time. As it turns out, the problem was that a wire soldered to a lead on the plunger coil was close enough to the plunger to make contact with the plunger when it was activated, thus diminishing the plunger force and slowing down the ball. I moved this wire out of the way and there is no longer any problem. Thanks for the help solving this problem.

#11330 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

The new strip work exactly like the old, but is less than half the width and doesn't obstruct the ball whatsoever.

Mr_Tantrum any possibility of a link to the led strip on eBay?

Thanks!

#11331 2 years ago
Quoted from Cidco:

Mr_Tantrum any possibility of a link to the led strip on eBay?
Thanks!

Here you go: ebay.com link: itm

#11332 2 years ago

Just received payment request for the new Buthanburg HS2 playfields!
looking forward to receiving this although my playfield is fine, looking forward to having a new one!
great quality product with great clear coating!

#11333 2 years ago

zztop cameo.

2021zztopPsT ht (resized).jpg2021zztopPsT ht (resized).jpg
#11334 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

zztop cameo.
[quoted image]

I like that...now where to get

#11335 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Just received payment request for the new Buthanburg HS2 playfields!
looking forward to receiving this although my playfield is fine, looking forward to having a new one!
great quality product with great clear coating!

Is it your first purchase at this company?
Hs2 doesnt seem in stock on their website?
Anyone can comment on build quality?

#11336 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Anyone can comment on build quality

No , however our main restorer here has had several , I've seen a couple and they are superior to many out there. The dimpiling and cut outs are great the clearcoat is like mirror on his other playfields

#11337 2 years ago

That would have to be the best alternative translite i've seen for this machine

#11338 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Anyone can comment on build quality?

Hello to all

Yes, the Getaway Playfields are not in stock on our shop. Before we finish the run, the playfields are sold out on our pre-order list.
Doesnt matter how many playfields we produce per run, they are always sold out.
Here are some pictures of the current stock of HS2 Playfields.
The HS2 playfields will be finished "end milling" today. This afternoon or tomorrow morning we are taking them to the paint shop for the first clear coat.
They will ship out approx. end of May, depending on how well the clear coat cures.
Keep well.

Regards from Hamburg
Leon and Peter
www.buthamburg.de

IMG_9931 (resized).JPGIMG_9931 (resized).JPGIMG_9933 (resized).JPGIMG_9933 (resized).JPG
#11339 2 years ago

The Getaway Playfields, and all our repro playfields, are genuen Silk Screened, not digital prints.
The colors are bright and the black is a black and not a grey shade like digital prints.
Playfiels have pilot holes, dimples, on both side, top and bottom.

#11340 2 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

The Getaway Playfields, and all our repro playfields, are genuen Silk Screened, not digital prints.
The colors are bright and the black is a black and not a grey shade like digital prints.
Playfiels have pilot holes, dimples, on both side, top and bottom.

Id like to buy one. I emailed you

#11341 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Id like to buy one. I emailed you

Hi. I have not received an email from you yet. Maybe it will still come.
2 People on the pre-order list wrote to me that they are not able to purchase at the moment.

#11342 2 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Hi. I have not received an email from you yet. Maybe it will still come.
2 People on the pre-order list wrote to me that they are not able to purchase at the moment.

What is the price in USD including shipping to USA? Are the oranges UV reactive like on the original playfield?

#11343 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

What is the price in USD including shipping to USA? Are the oranges UV reactive like on the original playfield?

Yes, the orange is the UV reactive orange like the original.
The price including shipping to the US and CAN Euro 860, US$ 1040,oo

#11344 2 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Yes, the orange is the UV reactive orange like the original.
The price including shipping to the US and CAN Euro 860, US$ 1040,oo

I am so tempted, but I've never done a playfield swap and just trying to think through things to determine if I want to undertake such a project.

#11345 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I am so tempted, but I've never done a playfield swap and just trying to think through things to determine if I want to undertake such a project.

Having done my Gorgar - it can be a decent challenge. System 6 boards have the benefit of only having a couple playfield looms making it somewhat easier to test the playfield outside of the machine. Same can not be said with the WPC series unfortunately. Nice thing about this game is that there are no drop targets to tweak. I had a hard time lining my drop targets up on my Gorgar. Pop bumpers were the next largest pain point. With removing and relocating so many wires you're bound to come across problems to troubleshoot no matter how careful you are.

This probably isn't the hardest to swap compared to more complex playfields. Though I can't speak at all to mounting the rail hardware as the older Williams ones didn't have any. I've heard this is one heavy playfield if you're taking the existing playfield out without taking off the super charger.

Should you decide to tackle it - plan on 80 hours, and I found it very useful to push playfield pieces into insulation foam board in their rough positions so that it made things easier to match up parts later on.

That being said, I would do it again. It'd be between this machine and my FirePower to tackle next.

#11346 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

My playfield is decent and no noticeable wear , but I bought one just because it will be there if I need it!
sold 2 other HS2 and not letting this one go!

#11347 2 years ago

Got the spinner installed, pretty sweet there Mr T, thank you, now we need another genius to make the spinner sound effect when activated ....

Spinner 1 (resized).jpgSpinner 1 (resized).jpgSpinner 2 (resized).jpgSpinner 2 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#11348 2 years ago

I saw someone send their super charger out to get polished...where did you send it? Also for those of you that have added the led lighting to it is it just a simple led strip or is it connected to a micro controller..I've seen one mod for that...but pricey

#11349 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I saw someone send their super charger out to get polished...where did you send it? Also for those of you that have added the led lighting to it is it just a simple led strip or is it connected to a micro controller..I've seen one mod for that...but pricey

not sure who sent out supercharger for polish.
I had mine chromed though. Looks good and not issues.

#11350 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Do not "polish" your supercharger, you will ruin it (trust me, I tried on my first one not realizing that any type of polishing compound will destroy the finish). You could probably have it "chromed", but may be cheaper just to buy a new one (about $70 at Marco Specialties).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 20.00
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 227 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/227?hl=cadmium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.