• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 277.
#11051 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I took a look at this. What you want to say is: "Every insert in any colums other than column 1, also lights the corresponding insert in column one."
The transistor belonging to column one is broken and permentntly on. PAge 3-19 in the manual tells you that is Q98. test it.

This was exactly the issue. I replaced transistor Q98 and everything is working correctly again. Thanks @sprudeldudel !

#11052 3 years ago

I need some creative input rom you guys. As you know I am working on exploiting the potential of 64 colors on the colorization for HS2. I am not racing, but taking my time in seting up the frame.

Please tell me which color gradient works best on TEXT (not numbers) with the theme, considering that we dont want to overload with details. After all it is just a font. Areas with same style are circled in blue. Just FYI this screen will not be all red. I'm just using it to test out fint styles because there is so much text

I do have an opinion, but will not share atm to no bias everyone. Pls note the "yellowish" feel is only my smartphon camera shifting colors. It is all the exact same shade of red in different intensities.

You are welcome!

And this is what the color mask (!!!) for the Williams screen will look like. That is decision at this point.

#11053 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I need some creative input rom you guys. As you know I am working on exploiting the potential of 64 colors on the colorization for HS2. I am not racing, but taking my time in seting up the frame.
Please tell me which color gradient works best on TEXT (not numbers) with the theme, considering that we dont want to overload with details. After all it is just a font. Areas with same style are circled in blue. Just FYI this screen will not be all red. I'm just using it to test out fint styles because there is so much text
[quoted image][quoted image]
I do have an opinion, but will not share atm to no bias everyone. Pls note the "yellowish" feel is only my smartphon camera shifting colors. It is all the exact same shade of red in different intensities.

You are welcome!
And this is what the color mask (!!!) for the Williams screen will look like. That is decision at this point.
[quoted image]

The first one. LOOP

1 week later
#11054 3 years ago

So heres the reworked attract mode. The video gives you an idea - the real thing is a bit better. All letters have the "curved" effect utilizing 4 shades of the color. The globe has a 3d sphere effect and the arm is 4 colors rather than three. All colors are consistent according to the palettes defined and kept in line with the games colors. Grand Champion / Loop Champion and Ace drivers headlines are a goldtype glitter color.
The foundation by Malenko and slippifishi is amazing, and a great base for learning. slippifishi has written walls of text to explaining things and its been really cool up to now. Next I'll do the ball launch, -save and -drain sequences. etcetc...

#11055 3 years ago

@Sprudeldudel That looks really good !

#11056 3 years ago

I dont like the gold color for the high scores /shrug

and I think you may have deleted too many trigger, because I thought I had this fixed:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

arm looks really good on the shifter.

#11057 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I dont like the gold color for the high scores /shrug

I am second guessing that one too, but decided to leave it for now. I actually didnt delete any triggers, but my machine was really pciky. There was a bunch that didnt trigger initially - like the shifter scene, but this particular scene I couldn't fix. Anyway, thanks for the feedback - I'll keep you guys posted and will share it for sure

#11058 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

So heres the reworked attract mode. The video gives you an idea - the real thing is a bit better. All letters have the "curved" effect utilizing 4 shades of the color. The globe has a 3d sphere effect and the arm is 4 colors rather than three. All colors are consistent according to the palettes defined and kept in line with the games colors. Grand Champion / Loop Champion and Ace drivers headlines are a goldtype glitter color.
The foundation by malenko and slippifishi is amazing, and a great base for learning. slippifishi has written walls of text to explaining things and its been really cool up to now. Next I'll do the ball launch, -save and -drain sequences. etcetc...

That looks really really good! I love how you put the ZZ top logo in there and the extra color on the arm makes a huge difference! I personally like the gold. What was it before? Green? Red? Either way the gold looks better IMO. Keep up the amazing work

#11059 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I thought I had this fixed

Looked in to this. Thank you for pointing it out. This is a scene transiting from Loop Champion to WMS logo via the checkered flag from the top. That one did not exist in your colorization - I checked the project just now. This transition I built from scratch but havent applied the complex triggering, which slippifishi and you have done for those other checkered flag scenes. so, I guess I now understand why they are needed and know what to do next.

The other scene missing is a pixel-in scene for the WMS logo. Unfortunately my game doesnt spit out all frames to reliably dump it, and neither does playfield.dev So getting a really extensive attract dump that includes that one would really help.

So before getting to to other stuff i will try to build that rather complicated mutil trigger approach that the other scenes have for this one.

After that ball-drain sequence (bonus add-up), but still working on the detailed colors of the green 2,4,6,8x- letters..

#11060 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Looked in to this. Thank you for pointing it out. This is a scene transiting from Loop Champion to WMS logo via the checkered flag from the top. That one did not exist in your colorization - I checked the project just now. This transition I built from scratch but havent applied the complex triggering, which slippifishi and you have done for those other checkered flag scenes. so, I guess I now understand why they are needed and know what to do next.
The other scene missing is a pixel-in scene for the WMS logo. Unfortunately my game doesnt spit out all frames to reliably dump it, and neither does playfield.dev So getting a really extensive attract dump that includes that one would really help.
So before getting to to other stuff i will try to build that rather complicated mutil trigger approach that the other scenes have for this one.
After that ball-drain sequence (bonus add-up), but still working on the detailed colors of the green 2,4,6,8x- letters..

In the early work I did on this, I was amazed at all of the inconsistent triggers (probably what I struggled with the most outside of no idea of how to treat the video game and map animations).

#11061 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

In the early work I did on this, I was amazed at all of the inconsistent triggers

I toally agree. Especially since the real machines also behave slightly offbeat compared to the vpins. less clean or whatever. defintiely there are some small differences that make things work or not work. But fun to learn.

#11062 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

done and working.

#11063 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

done and working.

Awesome. Great job. Just out of curiosity, does video mode work now? I know in the Vpin version this was all screwed up. Thanks and can’t wait till you share. Also what firmware do you recommend for this. Thanks

#11064 3 years ago
Quoted from Seth1977:

Just out of curiosity, does video mode work now?

haha, no. by "done" i was referring to that one trigger in attract. I will get into firther scenes next upgrading the colors etc and continue to learn on the triggers and stuff. the vid mode will be once I got all that figured out to the detail that is required. im thinking a few months.

#11065 3 years ago

Here's today's scene before and after (but not yet tested on the real machine). Still contemplating optimzing the road stripe to have more depth.

Original (monochrome):

Before (16 colors):

After (64 colors):

#11066 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Here's today's scene before and after (but not yet tested on the real machine). Still contemplating optimzing the road stripe to have more depth.
Original (monochrome):
[quoted image]
Before (16 colors):
[quoted image]
After (64 colors):
[quoted image]

Starting to make we wish I never swapped my PIN2DMD with ColorDMD before I sold my JP. If you are able to fully pull this off, I may have to find a buyer for my ColorDMD!

#11067 3 years ago

Hi everyone!!

I’ve wanted this game for a very long time and now I possibly have the chance to own one however, I’m going to have to make the decision based off pictures only.

What are some issues to look out for and what questions should I ask the seller.

Thanks

#11068 3 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Hi everyone!!
I’ve wanted this game for a very long time and now I possibly have the chance to own one however, I’m going to have to make the decision based off pictures only.
What are some issues to look out for and what questions should I ask the seller.
Thanks

If the seller can provide pictures, they can provide video too.

Ask for two videos: one of gameplay and another of the game running through all the test modes. Easy to video record the game getting powered on, showing the code versions and whether there are any errors. Then go into utilities menu and do the lamp, flashers and coil tests. Something else you can ask for is for the seller to show you the supercharger test times. This is also in the utilities menu and requires the glass off to do. It will give you some reassurance that the supercharger is working correctly. It's the biggest challenge on a Getaway keeping working. Most everything else is pretty standard pinball machine components.

Other than that, pictures should show the backbox circuit boards clearly as well as various angles of underneath the playfield and inside the cabinet. Post the pics here if you want help, or send them directly for review if you're worried about someone else coming along and buying it out from under you.

#11069 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

If the seller can provide pictures, they can provide video too.
Ask for two videos: one of gameplay and another of the game running through all the test modes. Easy to video record the game getting powered on, showing the code versions and whether there are any errors. Then go into utilities menu and do the lamp, flashers and coil tests. Something else you can ask for is for the seller to show you the supercharger test times. This is also in the utilities menu and requires the glass off to do. It will give you some reassurance that the supercharger is working correctly. It's the biggest challenge on a Getaway keeping working. Most everything else is pretty standard pinball machine components.
Other than that, pictures should show the backbox circuit boards clearly as well as various angles of underneath the playfield and inside the cabinet. Post the pics here if you want help, or send them directly for review if you're worried about someone else coming along and buying it out from under you.

Will do, thank you. I will post pics and videos.

#11070 3 years ago

I’m still waiting on photos and vids. I guess the guy is out of town right now and away from the machine.

#11071 3 years ago

hi guys, i would like to rebuild my lower flippers, i bought the rebuild kit but i assumed its a good time to put new coils at the same time?

is anyone happen to have the part number for the coil?

do i need something else at the same time or the rebuild kit is normally complete?

thx for the help.

#11072 3 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

hi guys, i would like to rebuild my lower flippers, i bought the rebuild kit but i assumed its a good time to put new coils at the same time?
do i need something else at the same time or the rebuild kit is normally complete?
thx for the help.

Usually you shouldn't require replacing the coil unless someone's unwound part of it, or they're otherwise having a functional issue. Sleeves, stops, and linkages tend to solve most issues.

Though if you still feel the need:
lower flippers: https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-fl-11629-flipper-coil.html
upper flipper: https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-fl-11630-flipper-coil.html

#11073 3 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:hi guys, i would like to rebuild my lower flippers, i bought the rebuild kit but i assumed its a good time to put new coils at the same time?
thx for the help.

Coils either work, or they dont... There's no grey area. Which is why rebuild kits dont include coils. If your coils work, just replace the sleeves, which are included in the kit.

#11074 3 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

thx for the help.

Post a pic up of what yours look like underneath and we can see if anything else is amiss. The machines can get some MacGyver'ed fixes over the years. Like said above, the coils for the lower flippers are a little different than the upper right one. The lower ones are the same physical size, just slightly more powerful to get to those long ramp shots.

The kits "should" have what you need, but don't always come that way. Games can have some variation on how the springs were used or attached. And you might want to replace the bushing that the flipper stem goes through. Generally if they got worn down you'll feel some slop in the movement and they won't work quite as well as they should.

Adjust the EOS switches while you're doing flipper work too. That's kind of a common rule of thumb on any flippers to adjust those last before finishing.

#11075 3 years ago

are the springs coming with the rebuild kit

my guy told me he fixed the spring on one of the flipper

thx for the precious help guys

#11076 3 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

are the springs coming with the rebuild kit
my guy told me he fixed the spring on one of the flipper
thx for the precious help guys

It may depend on who you got your rebuild kit from. They aren't all the same I've noticed. I think most every kit has the springs, but some come with bushings for example and some do not. New coil stops and sleeves are key plus the linkages. Springs as well especially if they've gotten stretched loose over time.

Mine look like this underneath:

IMG_2925 (resized).JPGIMG_2925 (resized).JPG
#11077 3 years ago

this is what i purchased with 2x new coils

https://pinballmedics.ca/product/williamsbally-flipper-rebuild-kit-021992-to-041993/

hopefully, i dont need other parts ?

#11078 3 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

https://pinballmedics.ca/product/williamsbally-flipper-rebuild-kit-021992-to-041993/

Probably more than you need I'd imagine. Though I guess it's good to have spares!

#11079 3 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Coils either work, or they dont... There's no grey area. Which is why rebuild kits dont include coils. If your coils work, just replace the sleeves, which are included in the kit.

He's alive! Nice to see you active in the Getaway thread again.

#11080 3 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

You'll need another half a kit so you can do the 3rd flipper.

#11081 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

You'll need another half a kit so you can do the 3rd flipper.

the upper flipper is great, i will leave as it is for now.

thx

#11082 3 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

the upper flipper is great, i will leave as it is for now.
thx

Its just weird that you'd replace coils you don't need to replace, but you're not going to rebuild all 3 flippers at the same time.

Edit- You really should should get new bushings as well

#11083 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Its just weird that you'd replace coils you don't need to replace, but you're not going to rebuild all 3 flippers at the same time.
Edit- You really should should get new bushings as well

Didn’t think about it since he looked more strong than the bottoms one, i will do it.

This? 3x time?

https://pinballmedics.ca/product/williams-bally-nylon-flipper-bushing/

#11084 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

He's alive! Nice to see you active in the Getaway thread again.

Truth, I forgot what thread I was in! I still follow pretty much daily, I just don't post anything.

#11085 3 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Didn’t think about it since he looked more strong than the bottoms one, i will do it.
This? 3x time?
https://pinballmedics.ca/product/williams-bally-nylon-flipper-bushing/

Yep, 3 of those.

Top flipper might be strong, but I like to know every flipper has all brand new parts in it when I get a new game. I can't tell you how many times I thought a flipper was fine and went to rebuild it and found some sort of hack job, or the sleeve was really worn because some operator (or joker) just replaced the plunger and link last time, ect. Even if it is in great shape, the peace of mind knowing everything is nice and fresh is worth it.

#11086 3 years ago

Heres another preview on the radar gun I'm working on, part of the ball save sequences. So far I have done attract, ball launch, ball drain and now I am on ball save. I'm taking my time.

Colorization of the hand I have not started yet.

#11087 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Heres another preview on the radar gun

Haven't seen that clip ..

#11088 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Haven't seen that clip ..

I'm sure you have. The side view of the gun is a frame during driveby in the "freeride" - ballsave scene. Here is the end frame with unfinished gun and not yet touched uniform. recognize ?

#11089 3 years ago

Man, now I'm holding off on a color DMD at this rate. I've been dragging for years. What's another one! Great work so far @Sprudeldudel

#11090 3 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I still follow pretty much daily...

So, what you are saying is that you just cant "get away" from the "Getaway" thread?

Everyone is welcome for the free cheese my above comment provided.

(For you young whipper snappers, that's what we called a "cheesy" comment back in my day - an obvious joke or wordplay meant to be funny, but probably really isn't to most people. You know, the kind of joke you tell and you're the only one laughing at it. It probably makes it even less funny, if that's possible, now that I'm explaining what cheesy means.)

#11091 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

So, what you are saying is that you just cant "get away" from the "Getaway" thread?
Everyone is welcome for the free cheese my above comment provided.
(For you young whipper snappers, that's what we called a "cheesy" comment back in my day - an obvious joke or wordplay meant to be funny, but probably really isn't to most people. You know, the kind of joke you tell and you're the only one laughing at it. It probably makes it even less funny, if that's possible, now that I'm explaining what cheesy means.)

Especially since there are so few young people in our rich man's sport.

#11092 3 years ago

Here's yesterday evening's final result (original / 16 color / 64 color). Coloring comes out really well also on the real machine.

#11093 3 years ago

@sprudeldudel I think the third image is missing in your post ... ?

#11094 3 years ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

I think the third image is missing in your post ... ?

I started editing the post and received a call to distract me. added it now. sorry

#11095 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Here's yesterday evening's final result (original / 16 color / 64 color). Coloring comes out really well also on the real machine.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

It looks so good!!

#11096 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I started editing the post and received a call to distract me. added it now. sorry

Man, this looks so good ...

#11097 3 years ago

Hi everyone, my deal for a getaway unfortunately didn’t happen.

If you know someone in California who’s willing to sell please DM.

I was really looking forward to own this awesome machine.

#11098 3 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Hi everyone, my deal for a getaway unfortunately didn’t happen.
If you know someone in California who’s willing to sell please DM.
I was really looking forward to own this awesome machine.

Better to find one you're happy with, than potentially overpay for something sight unseen. Hope you find one soon!

#11099 3 years ago

Weekend update
Changes on these type of scenes are not that significant, but also much easier to do. The generic palettes and gradient templates generated prior to coloring actual scenes makes this rather efficient, too.

Currently working on the "REPLAY" (and after that the "SPECIAL") animation. In the current colorization these animations have been simplified - I can't see the contoured letters, the contours cycling through or flashing, like in the original ROM. I have already separated these "phases" of the animation and identified unique triggers to use. Also the timings of each letter displayed are not equal, so I will re-time the whole thing to be even and display smoothly. The colors theme for these two scenes is clear, but I need to make it happen. This might take some time, as I'm rather busy these days. Anyway - they are next.

#11100 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Weekend update
Changes on these type of scenes are not that significant, but also much easier to do. The generic palettes and gradient templates generated prior to coloring actual scenes makes this rather efficient, too.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Currently working on the "REPLAY" (and after that the "SPECIAL") animation. In the current colorization these animations have been simplified - I can't see the contoured letters, the contours cycling through or flashing, like in the original ROM. I have already separated these "phases" of the animation and identified unique triggers to use. Also the timings of each letter displayed are not equal, so I will re-time the whole thing to be even and display smoothly. The colors theme for these two scenes is clear, but I need to make it happen. This might take some time, as I'm rather busy these days. Anyway - they are next.

It's looking so good, I tried to dump files but I'm not having any success. Guess I'll just have to wait till yours is complete.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.