• L3 8 votes
    3%
  • L5 91 votes
    34%
  • P7 7 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 267 votes by 266 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,013 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
Getaway.JPG.pdf (PDF preview)
wires2.jpg
wires1.jpg
getaway005 (resized).jpg
IMG_2668.JPG
IMG_2667.JPG
IMG_2666.JPG
IMG_2665.JPG
IMG_2663.JPG
IMG_2657.JPG
CF4BA3F1-8798-42F5-93ED-C868E24872A8 (resized).jpeg
B2805FCB-7FE1-41B2-88BC-F12FD7E77765 (resized).jpeg
8F41C362-51A9-4EAA-904F-5D215BB0EFD8 (resized).jpeg

There are 9863 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 198.
#1051 4 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Its not my game. Its a routed pin that gets played alot.
I know the owner, it had a ball stuck, after i opened the glass i noticed the metal dust, and dident close up again before good cleaning everywhere i could get in to.
Game was fully shopped a year ago and waxed.
I personaly LOVE getaway, bored when playing highspeed 1 but have a blast with hgh speed 2, love the callouts music and sc.
Lokking for a getaway in nice condition, any ody want too sell please pm me

I see, a routed pin. The operator has to do a better job then. I had 1 and 2 at the same time and 1 was just boaring compaired to 2 so it got sold.

#1052 4 years ago

Just received my new cabinet decals from Classic Arcades. They look very nice and should be a huge improvement over the totally washed out , sunfaded original graphics. I was picking at the old graphics for a sec or two and cant tell until i dig into it if they are decals or are they screened onto the wood ? Anyone know ?

#1053 4 years ago

Here they are !

IMG_20150723_205606.jpg

#1054 4 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Here they are !
IMG_20150723_205606.jpg

Your gonna have fun. I really should do that to my BOP.

#1055 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Your gonna have fun. I really should do that to my BOP.

Yeah, cant wait to dig in. The installation of the actual graphics is the easy part for me. Thats what i do for a living.
Does anyone know if the originals are decals or screen printed ?

#1056 4 years ago

Had my best game ever tonight and I haven't played it in a while:

L-2 all factory settings.

2015_07_27_20_36_15_ProShot.jpg

#1057 4 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Does anyone know if the originals are decals or screen printed ?

I can't tell. I'm leaning towards screened.

#1058 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Had my best game ever tonight and I haven't played it in a while:
L-2 all factory settings.
2015_07_27_20_36_15_ProShot.jpg

Got me beat by a good bit.

#1059 4 years ago

Had some reset issues with my Getaway. I had already replaced the bridges and caps when I bought the game last fall. CPU voltage stayed a steady 4.94 even during a reset. Driver board was 4.96. An acceptable drop off. Other voltages were stable as well sooo...why the resets? The answer. Power input J101 into the driver board had a cracked solder joint at the top pin (red wire). My reason for looking there? The connector was hot as hell when touching it on the front which it shouldn't be. Indication of bad connection. Yes, I know I still am rocking the factory IDC and, if the problem crops up again, I'll replace it but, for now, it fits fairly tight.

I removed the old solder from the back of the board and flowed new. I'm just posting this as a reminder (for myself too) that it's not always bridges and caps that are causing resets on your WPC. Check those connectors and solder joints on your pins. Now, it's time for Red Line Mania.

image.jpg

#1060 4 years ago

This came in the mail yesterday
WOW!!!! Peter has done a fantastic job with these playfields, colours are SPOT ON, clear coat is awesome, very even over the entire surface, beautiful finish, inserts are all great and SOOOO SHINY
Although my original is still in good shape i just didn't want to miss out on the repros so into storage this goes, glad i pulled the trigger on this!!
Sorry for the crap photos

DSC01609.jpg

DSC01611.jpg

DSC01612.jpg

DSC01613.jpg

DSC01610.jpg

#1061 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Sorry for the crap photos

What you talkin bout, these are great. Enjoy.

#1062 4 years ago

Wow, that playfield looks amazing! My is in route from Germany, can't wait!

#1063 4 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Wow, that playfield looks amazing! My is in route from Germany, can't wait!

Mine shipped two weeks ago, hope it gets here soon. It's being sent directly to HSA for Brian's CC.

1 week later
#1064 4 years ago

I often forget how fun Getaway is. I don't play it for a while and then decide I will play just one game. That turns into a bunch of one more games. I had an epic game over the weekend where I got to redline mania 4 times and got 950m. Getting super jackpots (especially the 100m one) is such a rush. No other pin gets my heart pumping like that.

I still wish there was another mode or a little more depth to the rules to push it over the top. A top speed challenge would be cool where you hit rpm shots to increase speed in a set time. A hurry up shot to the supercharger or tunnel would also be simple and fun. Both of those could be started by a burn rubber award. Instead of remakes, it would be cool if someone improved older games and sold the roms - with permission/rights of course.

#1065 4 years ago

Sounds like a good project for ya. We would be so ever grateful.

#1066 4 years ago

I joined the club a few days ago. Picked up a HS2 with a great playfield, so-so cabinet. I got a good price on it, I think, and so far it is getting all the play in my limited collection. I am currently running L-1, got L-2 on the way along with the Donut Heaven and turn key mod. Is there anyone currently selling the mountain mod or the secondary translite?

#1067 4 years ago

Can someone help clear up some confusion on the shifter? I know top says shift up, and bottoms says shift down. What I need to know is let's say video mode is starting, and I want to go to fifth gear, should I have to go shift down or shift up? I'm trying to determine if my switches are backwards, because everyone at my shop is telling me it is.

#1068 4 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Can someone help clear up some confusion on the shifter? I know top says shift up, and bottoms says shift down. What I need to know is let's say video mode is starting, and I want to go to fifth gear, should I have to go shift down or shift up? I'm trying to determine if my switches are backwards, because everyone at my shop is telling me it is.

The stick should be moving up towards the sky to shift up.

#1069 4 years ago

Omggggggggg.
I am soon a member of this club.
Seller will ship today. Tomorrow if everything goes right, i should have me a nice, low used Getaway.

This game is awesome!!!

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

#1070 4 years ago

Looking forward to recieve the pin.

Hope it makes the transport without any damadges.

From the pics, cabinet colours looks fine.

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

image_3.jpg

image_4.jpg

image_5.jpg

#1071 4 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Omggggggggg.
Tomorrow if everything goes right, i should have me a nice, low used Getaway.

Yeah,that looks low use.
especially around the buttons

#1072 4 years ago

Why so negative.
Seller had this game for years. Tells me low gameplay.
Colours does not look faded and pf got no wear. Rampexits looks great. Allright they are weak around buttons. But al in all it looks like low play.
But i just want to share with you guys, i am so Happy to soon join this awesome getaway club.

#1073 4 years ago

negative?
I was just pointing out that it cant be low use with that button wear.
unless of course it has a new pf or something.
Enjoy your game

#1074 4 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Why so negative.
Colours does not look faded and pf got no wear. Rampexits looks great. Allright they are weak around buttons. But al in all it looks like low play.
But i just want to share with you guys, i am so Happy to soon join this awesome getaway club.

It's hard to tell if the machine has been re-decalled but certainly the colours (the main culprit to fade is the red) looks pretty good, BUT there's a fair amount of wear near the flipper button so it's had a decent amount of use. If it's had new cabinet art, that may reflect the quality of after market decals compared to the originals. All said and done the machine looks good to me overall and WELCOME to the club, enjoy it, love it, look after it

#1075 4 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Why so negative.

Don't listen to the "Debbie downers", enjoy your game and welcome to the club. One of the coolest games ever made!!

#1076 4 years ago

Nice, Den. Cabinet looks like it's in great shape except for that wear around the flipper button. Looks like someone who played the game a lot had a ring. No big deal in my book.

Speaking of cabinet wear, anyone touch up the black paint on their Getaway? I'm wondering what would be a good paint match.

#1077 4 years ago
Quoted from cireone:

The stick should be moving up towards the sky to shift up.

Ok thank you, but I guess I'm still wanting to verify a bit more. When you say shift up, does that shift 'up' into the higher gears like 2,3,4,5, or does it shift 'up' in the sense of like an actual car where it would be downshifting into the lower gears?

#1078 4 years ago

My Getaway is at my son's home... so I haven't played it for a while.

As I recall on mine; Down shifting the lever; is up shifting into higher gears from 1-2-3-4-5. Up shifting the lever; is downshifting the gears from 5-4-3-2-1.

Kerry

#1079 4 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

I believe "shift up" goes to higher gears and that is pushing the stick up. Mine is backwards for whatever reason. I never noticed it until I played another Getaway. Thought about fixing mine but why bother?

#1080 4 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Why so negative.

Congrats on your purchase! HS2 is my favorite Steve Ritchie game. The supercharger never gets old. Looking at your driver board I can see the GI wires (yellow ones) are still rocking an IDC connector. If that's orginal, the game couldn't have been left on for long periods of time over the last 20+ years. They heat up and fry a LOT.

One thing I thought was odd. How come no CPU controlled lights? Was it not in attract mode when the pics were taken?

Anyway. Mine has had a hard life and was vended. Has lifting around the upper RPM inserts. With a lot of dismantling and cleaning, along with some Comet LED's, it's a nice looking game nonetheless.

Congrats again!

image.jpg

#1081 4 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Ok thank you, but I guess I'm still wanting to verify a bit more. When you say shift up, does that shift 'up' into the higher gears like 2,3,4,5, or does it shift 'up' in the sense of like an actual car where it would be downshifting into the lower gears?

On mine, when you lift the shifter up, you go faster in video mode. When you push the handle down you go slower in video mode. I've played a few that were not like that though. I've see them both ways, I always assumed that mine was correct.

#1082 4 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

On mine, when you lift the shifter up, you go faster in video mode. When you push the handle down you go slower in video mode. I've played a few that were not like that though. I've see them both ways, I always assumed that mine was correct.

Wow! Seems there are quite a few people with different setups. I'd be curious to know which is correct. Hmmm.. Maybe have to ask Steve Ritchie

#1083 4 years ago

Hello dtown and others that welcommed me with congrats

Sellers is a senoir, seems like a really nice guy, only talked on the phone with him. He had the game in his livingroom for many many years.

He has not used it mutch for the last 10 years.

I got pics of external batteries, thank god. But if you zoom on lower part of cpu board. It seems like some hack jobs on it. Please take a look.

The hole looks allright, i am thinking about just buying foil cabinet button protectors to cover the wear around buttons. Cabinet has original decal.

Hs2 puts me on fire

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

image_3.jpg

#1084 4 years ago

If you're talking about the battery holder, what someone did was mount an external one so that, in case, somebody was to forget to change them, they wouldn't leak down the cpu board. I did it with mine, even though I'll remember to change them, someday, this game will be somewhere else. Just trying to prevent damage from the neglectful. Zip tie seems kinda pointless anymore though.

I also added the Cliffy Protector to my tunnel saucer and lit it underneath.

image.jpg
image.jpg

#1085 4 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Wow! Seems there are quite a few people with different setups. I'd be curious to know which is correct. Hmmm.. Maybe have to ask Steve Ritchie

I suppose one could check which switch is being activated in the switch test and compared to the manuals description of said switch.

#1086 4 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

Ditto. Running L-5. I always crank it to 5th till I finish...or...crash.

#1087 4 years ago

Double post. Whoops!

#1088 4 years ago

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!

I am a member!!!!!!!

Got new rubberset. 3pinballs and 3 small pinballs, what are the smaller ones for?

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

#1089 4 years ago

I have been playing the game like crazy.

I have got a dirty dirty dirty getaway, but am soooo happy.

Under the dust, pf looks nice, game playes flawless. Both lower flippers make airballs.

Anyone insatallet pf protector on getaway??

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

image_3.jpg

#1090 4 years ago

Needs cleaning. Wax. Rubbber. Led. Pf protector and. And any cool ideas???

I have many pins. But LOVE getaway, wanna pimp it!!!!

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

#1091 4 years ago

Congrats. Looks like it will be very nice once you clean it up. A few mods you can do are the donut heaven mod, the police car mod, the key start mod and the police lights topper mod.These can all be found at Mezel Mods website or at some other parts suppliers. You can also get the standup target decals. They look amazing. Can't remember the site but just google it. MustangPaul has them and says they are really nice.

#1092 4 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

And any cool ideas???

Congrats on your new pin! Check out my Supercharger Ramp Lights
http://www.leesparts.com/products/getaway-supercharger-lights.html

GetawaySuperChargerYellow300400.jpgGetawaySuperChargerRed300400.jpg

#1093 4 years ago

Thanks Superbee, ill look into it right now.

Hot damn Leesparts that looks nice, awesome mod yes, but in the sametime adds more to the gameplay, manytimes today i dident see supercharger was lit, before SR told me SUPERCHARGER READY.

If its possible, please take some pics and share with us how you installed extra lights.

I love the red light at top when having multiball. Has anyone insatlled 3 of them like on tomcat? Would be awesome mod, all three red!!!!!

#1094 4 years ago

You can use the comet led strips!
Get them under all the plastics.
Rally makes the getaway pop!

Nice game.looking forward to getting mine back,it out on trade.

#1095 4 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

I have been playing the game like crazy.
I have got a dirty dirty dirty getaway, but am soooo happy.
Under the dust, pf looks nice, game playes flawless. Both lower flippers make airballs.
Anyone insatallet pf protector on getaway??

I have the play field protector on my unit and can't complain - I figured the extra protection couldn't hurt.

#1096 4 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Needs cleaning. Wax. Rubbber. Led. Pf protector and. And any cool ideas???

image.jpg image_1.jpg image_2.jpg

Nice looking game DEN, a lot of us here would kill for an unfaded game like yours. Check out my mods in my topic DIY Getaway Light Mods. I just made another mod too, look for the topic DIY Leg Light-up.

#1097 4 years ago

I've got one I'm willing to part with. Picked it up a while ago & Worked on it for a while but ready to move on still needs some TLC. This particular machine has had full clean up, rubbers, LEDs, all new plastics, replaced flippers and coils as well as 2 of the bumpers & coils. New DMD board from rotten dog, and auto fire board. Have new ramps but yet to install them and it doesn't really need them. Inside the cabinet is in need of some major TLC. Known issues, coin mechs not installed, super charger is slow and weak. Seems to be a short in the test/volume control buttons, have to wiggle it the right way to even get credits or volume to work, testing is even more difficult, I do have new button set just haven't had time to install. The accelerator & & coin op boards seems to have had some less than stellar work done on them. Sans the slow supercharger all other components of this game work. Playfield is worn but still in good shape.

I have a crate full of new parts pretty much all you would need to finish the job.
And I even have a New Playfield repro.

I haven't actively tried to sell this but I'm ready to move on from it I believe. Message me if you have any interest. I can ship it if need, as that is what I do for a living.

I've taken this 3/4 of the way but due to several personal factors, it's time to move on....

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

image_3.jpg

image_4.jpg

image_5.jpg

#1098 4 years ago

Den - look up MustangPaul's light strip mods. I light up my gauge plastics on the slings like he did and added a light strip to the back where it is really dark. My only mistake was using a while light strip in the back. I swapped it for a purple one and looks much better. My own tweak was using some foam to mount the light strip in a half moon shape to get a bigger spread of light across the back.

One part you made need is the metal protector that fits in the top left back corner behind the supercharger. Without that protector, you will get air balls flying back there and into the cabinet.

#1099 4 years ago

On mine shifting "up" goes higher...1st...2nd...3rd...ect...

Hint: You can fully shift into 5th gear before the video mode even gets rolling.....this will maximize your points awarded.

#1100 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

On mine shifting "up" goes higher...1st...2nd...3rd...ect...

Same here. This is the correct setup as the decal says 'Shift Up'.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 109.99
There are 9863 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 198.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside