• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 277.
#10901 3 years ago

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction as to what hardware is supposed to be used through the two holes at the upper end of the Left Return Frame (see image below)?

left return frameleft return frame

I'm doing a playfield swap and have found that a previous owner has drilled two extra holes into this piece. I have no idea why as there's nothing wrong with the playfield where the original hardware was. They've also used two different types of screws, neither of which are correct. The upper most one has a steel sleeve with a small taper on it.

I've ordered a new left return frame from Cliffy as in addition to the extra holes, this one is also beat up.

The page of the Williams Red manual that covers this assembly doesn't include the hardware for these two holes, nor does the parts list as far as I can tell.

Is this supposed to be a #6 pan head sheet metal screw with a steel sleeve of some sort? If anyone has a part number for a suitable sleeve, that would be appreciated as I haven't found anything that seems like it would be a good fit from browsing Marco, Pinball Life, etc.

#10902 3 years ago

You need the tiny metal sleeves, first or second in the manual under posts ... available at PBL

16096465204014101429459805757836 (resized).jpg16096465204014101429459805757836 (resized).jpg16096465379487373282466167829585 (resized).jpg16096465379487373282466167829585 (resized).jpg
#10903 3 years ago

Part number 02-4020
Sorry about the crappy picture

#10904 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

You need the tiny metal sleeves, first or second in the manual under posts ... available at PBL

Thanks transprtr4u, I didn't think to look at the posts section!

#10905 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgonzola:

, I didn't think to look at the posts section

Nor I ... lol ... took me a while

#10906 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

You need the tiny metal sleeves, first or second in the manual under posts ... available at PBL [quoted image][quoted image]

I actually found something similar at my local Ace Hardware for the spacers if that is more convenient for you. Always back of the store with all their fasteners in bins.

#10907 3 years ago

I am looking tocolor the video mode on the Pin2DMD. However I am really a novice at colorizations and would need someone to explain some stuff beyond what the youtube videos do. happy to put in a lot of time, but someone needs to help me get started. anyone here?

#10908 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I am looking tocolor the video mode on the Pin2DMD. However I am really a novice at colorizations and would need someone to explain some stuff beyond what the youtube videos do. happy to put in a lot of time, but someone needs to help me get started. anyone here?

There is already a colorization for Getaway, but VP forums is the best place to see it along with support on how to do it.

#10909 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

There is already a colorization for Getaway

Hi Tantrum, thank you, I am aware of this and I downloaded the packge from Malenko's GDrive (including your rom dumps). I am having trouble understanding how to disect the different elements of the video mode, in order to apply colors to that. Honestly im even still struggling with colorizing a regular scene. I did offer my support on the thread in VPU, but there seems to be no activity since october there.

due to the lockdown I have quite some time on hand these days and I'd be happy to create something for HS2 VideoMode, however I really have trouble understanding HOW.

#10910 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Hi Tantrum, thank you, I am aware of this and I downloaded the packge from Malenko's GDrive (including your rom dumps). I am having trouble understanding how to disect the different elements of the video mode, in order to apply colors to that. Honestly im even still struggling with colorizing a regular scene. I did offer my support on the thread in VPU, but there seems to be no activity since october there.
due to the lockdown I have quite some time on hand these days and I'd be happy to create something for HS2 VideoMode, however I really have trouble understanding HOW.

Have you watched the three PIN2DVD "how to" videos YouTube? When I first started the colorization (pre-Malenko), these were really all I needed to get started. I had done a variety of scenes, but Malenko took it to the next level and delivered. If you have time on your hands, then DMD colorization will definitely consume it.

#10911 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Have you watched the three PIN2DVD "how to" videos YouTube?

Im aware of two. the one fro lucky1 one by steve. is there more?

#10912 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Im aware of two. the one fro lucky1 one by steve. is there more?

These are Steve's training videos:

Chapter 1:

Chapter 2:

Chapter 3:

#10913 3 years ago

HEre is something much more recent also:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/cMyt5doiiAE

#10914 3 years ago

I released the source and CB3 and NetzZwerg both did great tutorials (you linked to NetzZwerg youtube vid) , youre on vpuniverse too so look up CB3's text tutorial its pretty amazing.

Also, if youre on rom L2, there are compatibility issues ; too many to retroactively change from L5.

#10915 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Also, if youre on rom L2, there are compatibility issues ; too many to retroactively change from L5.

Thanks for the heads up here. What I still need to figure out is how i can get my own dumps from my Pin2DMD EVO. Havent yet come across that instruction. Also, I will not begin my own serious approach before soren has not released the official update for getaway:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-williams-and-bally-software-upgrades/page/8#post-6054283

only then will there be a ROM which really deserves digging in deep. until then i will look to understand triggers, etcetc and maybe make some adjustments on the current release by slippifishi

I will let you al know how iam progressing. give me time

#10916 3 years ago

ok actually making progress. already got two things changed in the colorization of the attract mode sucessfully.
my amchine displays the DOT after "free play" in attract mode. to fix the bug i would require a dump of the screen - can someone please explain how i can either do this with my current machine running L-5 and a pin2dmd evolution?

alternatively i understand ich can get the dumps out of this website:
https://playfield.dev/

however that seems to not work properly with my machine and i dont know how to generate that specific screen there.

#10917 3 years ago

You should fix your credit dot.

#10918 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

You should fix your credit dot.

I will, now that i know what it is. i will also use it to practice colorization. just read how to make a dump and dumping as we speak.

edit: managed the dump. zppied the textfile as gzip then imported.

edit2: managed to color the "freeplay-DOT"-scene, copying design from the credits scene. now to bed. there is more to come.

edit 3: as of now i have accomplished the following:
bugs discovered:
- ingame: mulitball-intro: cop driveby scene doesnt trigger reliably
- ingame: "hitchhiker at sign"-scene wont trigger reliably
- attract: "williams-logo pixel-in"-scene is white

fixes:
- score colormask triggered also for "free play with DOT"-games
- attract result score triggered for "free play with DOT"-games
- "Grand Champion"-Scene triggered
- re-worked"shift to launch" and "shift to adv gears"-scenes for reliable triggering
- "Push Start"-scene fixed for "free play with DOT"-games
- "Push Start"-scene doesnt reset color mask after highscores for "free play with DOT"-games
- "say no to drugs"-animation restored to colored original (sorry malenko & slippifishi)
- change "game over"-screen back to colored original (sorry malenko & slippifishi)

#10919 3 years ago

Hello. Long time owner of HS2, but a number of years ago the shifter broke and I puttered around trying to fix it and then put it aside. I am now trying to get it working again and I discovered that I had a few parts lying at the bottom of the cabinet and I forget where they go. Can anyone help me to identify what the parts are in the picture and where they go? Also I don't remember if I took off any parts from the launcher itself. I took a picture of the launcher inside the cabinet, does that look normal or are there obvious parts missing?

Thanks in advance.

IMG_3687 (resized).jpgIMG_3687 (resized).jpgIMG_3689 (resized).jpgIMG_3689 (resized).jpg
#10920 3 years ago

THJM : The 2 long metal bars and the 2 black plastic parts I believe belong to the coin mechanisms on the door.
The other parts belong to a flipper mechanism.

#10921 3 years ago

The shifter looks complete also. Nothing obvious missing in that photo.

#10922 3 years ago

Awesome, thanks guys. I did figure out the coin mech pieces by looking at my other machines (TZ and RS). The other pieces must just be left over from a flipper redo.

Thanks again, this forum is awesome! I am currently making my way through all 219 pages on this tread, it's taking a long time but I am learning a ton.

#10923 3 years ago

I am looking for a replacement LED bulb for the incandescent located under the Free Ride insert. It's a GE 906

IMG_6318 (resized).jpgIMG_6318 (resized).jpg
#10924 3 years ago
Quoted from peteyhugs:

I am looking for a replacement LED bulb for the incandescent located under the Free Ride insert. It's a GE 906
[quoted image]

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/8smd-flex-flashers

#10925 3 years ago
Quoted from peteyhugs:

[quoted image]

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/8smd-flex-flashers

#10926 3 years ago

Like minds think alike.

#10927 3 years ago
Quoted from peteyhugs:

I am looking for a replacement LED bulb

906 is correct as others have mentioned , I use a flex 906 the way I can turn the LEDs facing up under the insert

Ooops didn't see the flex added from other guys
Disregard

#10928 3 years ago

Thank You all for the quick response.

#10929 3 years ago

I am suffering from hinge/slide woes. I do have the springs (although likely I should order replacements) but they keep falling off the hinges because the playfield is not sitting on the slides properly. The first pic is how it should be (right side of my TZ with working hinges). The next two pics are my right and left hinges. You will see that the top bolt should be within the hinge and the hinge should be pointing straight up (with the springs attached). My issue is I cannot seem to lift the playfield to get the bolts where they should be in the hinges. On the left side (last pic) I cannot get the hinge to point up because its movement is blocked by the front bolt.

Also some of my bolts need tightening, particularly the top/back bolt on the left. I was able to tighten the front bolts well enough but the back ones (especially the left one) seem to be impossible because the playfield wires, etc. are in the way when the playfield is upright. Also what tool do you guys use to tighten the bolts given it appears to require a monstrous flat head screwdriver? For the front bolts I actually disconnected the bar/handle from the bottom right side of the cabinet and surprisingly it fit the slot and did a good job. But it is obviously too big to use on the back bolts with the playfield upright.

Any help/ideas with getting this playfield where it needs to be would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_3695 (resized).jpgIMG_3695 (resized).jpgIMG_3694 (resized).jpgIMG_3694 (resized).jpgIMG_3693 (resized).jpgIMG_3693 (resized).jpg

#10930 3 years ago
Quoted from THJM:

I am suffering from hinge/slide woes. I do have the springs (although likely I should order replacements) but they keep falling off the hinges because the playfield is not sitting on the slides properly. The first pic is how it should be (right side of my TZ with working hinges). The next two pics are my right and left hinges. You will see that the top bolt should be within the hinge and the hinge should be pointing straight up (with the springs attached). My issue is I cannot seem to lift the playfield to get the bolts where they should be in the hinges. On the left side (last pic) I cannot get the hinge to point up because its movement is blocked by the front bolt.
Also some of my bolts need tightening, particularly the top/back bolt on the left. I was able to tighten the front bolts well enough but the back ones (especially the left one) seem to be impossible because the playfield wires, etc. are in the way then the playfield is upright. Also what tool do you guys use to tighten the bolts given it appears to require a monstrous flat head screwdriver?
Any help/ideas with getting this playfield where it needs to be would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The piece of the hinge that connects to the long part attached to the playfield appears to be bent. You might want to remove the entire hinge on both sides and straighten things out. The movable part should "stop" at the long flat piece attached to the playfield.

hinge (resized).jpghinge (resized).jpg

You can use your TZ as a guide to see how it's all supposed to work.

#10931 3 years ago

Anyone know where I can get a replacement up/down ramp assembly A-15101?
The pivot weld assembly A-15081 and the ramp flap 01-10478 by themselves would work for me too.

#10932 3 years ago

Hi guys, where the best place to get the best quality decals for the side cabinet and head. Im starting a little rebuild project.

978218D9-816A-41E7-BA30-D90A067BD3B0 (resized).jpeg978218D9-816A-41E7-BA30-D90A067BD3B0 (resized).jpeg1F56CA9B-A56E-4C5B-9DD0-6E5E186DAABF (resized).jpeg1F56CA9B-A56E-4C5B-9DD0-6E5E186DAABF (resized).jpeg6A9EB738-0D68-4F14-9BD3-9C77FD877022 (resized).jpeg6A9EB738-0D68-4F14-9BD3-9C77FD877022 (resized).jpeg
#10933 3 years ago

Just got some out of Croatia, don't know if they are the best, but they were the best value for me in Australia with free shipping.

https://pinballdecals.eu/shop/the-getaway-high-speed-ii-pinball-cabinet-decals-set/

#10934 3 years ago

I got the ones from classicarcades off eBay.
ebay.com link: Getaway Pinball Machine CABINET Decal Set

A bit pricey, but smooth transaction, quick delivery, and good quality.

#10935 3 years ago
Quoted from curban:

I got the ones from classicarcades off eBay.
ebay.com link » Getaway Pinball Machine Cabinet Decal Set
A bit pricey, but smooth transaction, quick delivery, and good quality.

Thx, just ordered a set

#10936 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Just got some out of Croatia, don't know if they are the best, but they were the best value for me in Australia with free shipping.
https://pinballdecals.eu/shop/the-getaway-high-speed-ii-pinball-cabinet-decals-set/

thx for the reference

#10937 3 years ago

Can someone please have a look at your left slingshot plastics and let me know what hardware I am missing? Is it just two locknuts under each screw to secure the top plastic to the one below and a washer and locknut over the ramp screw? Thanks.

image1 (1) (resized).jpegimage1 (1) (resized).jpeg
#10938 3 years ago

Mine just has locknuts on the bolts.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#10939 3 years ago
Quoted from THJM:

and a washer and locknut over the ramp screw

...yes, that’s what I have.

#10940 3 years ago

THJM
My slide assembly also needs help . I found that if you remove the cam from the back of a coin door lock, it makes a perfect makeshift screwdriver for the swivel nuts. I discovered this while tumbling some parts.

#10941 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I will, now that i know what it is. i will also use it to practice colorization. just read how to make a dump and dumping as we speak.
edit: managed the dump. zppied the textfile as gzip then imported.
edit2: managed to color the "freeplay-DOT"-scene, copying design from the credits scene. now to bed. there is more to come.
edit 3: as of now i have accomplished the following:
bugs discovered:
- ingame: mulitball-intro: cop driveby scene doesnt trigger reliably
- ingame: "hitchhiker at sign"-scene wont trigger reliably
- attract: "williams-logo pixel-in"-scene is white
fixes:
- score colormask triggered also for "free play with DOT"-games
- attract result score triggered for "free play with DOT"-games
- "Grand Champion"-Scene triggered
- re-worked"shift to launch" and "shift to adv gears"-scenes for reliable triggering
- "Push Start"-scene fixed for "free play with DOT"-games
- "Push Start"-scene doesnt reset color mask after highscores for "free play with DOT"-games
- "say no to drugs"-animation restored to colored original (sorry malenko & slippifishi)
- change "game over"-screen back to colored original (sorry malenko & slippifishi)

If you get the video mode colored you will be a true hero. Its a daunting task but as a guy with a pin2dmd on his getaway I hope you do! I appreciate all the little fixes as well. The milenko coloring is great, but definitely still needs tweaking.

#10942 3 years ago

I am excited - I already have a Pinsound board - which absolutely changes Getaway into a GREAT game but I won a $100 gift card from This Week in Pinball - so a huge thanks to Pinsound for the donation to This Week in Pinball.

With the $100 I am getting their speakers to pair with their Pinsound board - just going to make Getaway that much better. For some reason I just love Getaway. Maybe it is not the deepest game but the sounds on Pinsound and video mode with the beacon going off - it is SOOOO COOL!

#10943 3 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I am excited - I already have a Pinsound board - which absolutely changes Getaway into a GREAT game but I won a $100 gift card from This Week in Pinball - so a huge thanks to Pinsound for the donation to This Week in Pinball.
With the $100 I am getting their speakers to pair with their Pinsound board - just going to make Getaway that much better. For some reason I just love Getaway. Maybe it is not the deepest game but the sounds on Pinsound and video mode with the beacon going off - it is SOOOO COOL!

Congratulations on the prize! Not sure what speakers you currently have or if they are wired for stereo (a must with PinSound), but the PinSound speakers are a nice upgrade definitely from OEM and even from the Pyle speakers I had installed on mine before. They have a nice range, better bass, and overall better sound. The differences are minor from the Pyle ones, but if you have an ear for it you will definitely notice.

#10944 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Congratulations on the prize! Not sure what speakers you currently have or if they are wired for stereo (a must with PinSound), but the PinSound speakers are a nice upgrade definitely from OEM and even from the Pyle speakers I had installed on mine before. They have a nice range, better bass, and overall better sound. The differences are minor from the Pyle ones, but if you have an ear for it you will definitely notice.

I have the stock speakers - anything will be better than that....just age alone would say its time to replace them. With your mountain mod, the traffic light mod (hope that display I traded you is working for ya), your sound pack - I just need a new supercharger ramp decal to make it a little better.

I have already re-done the cabinet with new decals, red-powder coated trim, the key mod for the start button, color DMD. Its pretty tricked out....what is great about it too is it just plays and has no errors or issues.

I suppose I could get a pinudo thing for the supercharger ramp which would be cool.

Funny, the whole game started as a super cheap import game (my first container buy with a group from Seattle) that I thought I would restore and flip and for now I don't see it leaving anytime soon. Just the right balance of fun - not super long games - but fun from start to finish!

Your mods and your Pinsound sound packs make it AWESOME!

#10945 3 years ago

just installed pinsound plus and speakers

i can't get any soundtrack. I downloaded one and extract it on the usb

put it in the machine, it read/transfered 100% and then it says no sound track on usb

anyone can help plz

#10946 3 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I just need a new supercharger ramp decal to make it a little better.

I make those too: original design along with my custom version.

#10947 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I make those too: original design along with my custom version.

I will PM you

#10948 3 years ago

Managed to get my hands on one of the prototype tunnels , should arrive Wednesday , will post pic when its installed.

#10949 3 years ago

This pic is taken from around page 133 or so. The metal L-shaped piece to the right of the supercharger (the one with the caution sticker put on), is this a standard part? I don't have it on my machine.

Thanks.

fbf8ffd931e7d7bbbccf11ac5390f20fa2bce057 (resized).jpgfbf8ffd931e7d7bbbccf11ac5390f20fa2bce057 (resized).jpg
#10950 3 years ago
Quoted from THJM:

This pic is taken from around page 133 or so. The metal L-shaped piece to the right of the supercharger (the one with the caution sticker put on), is this a standard part? I don't have it on my machine.
Thanks.[quoted image]

Yes, standard part. Is meant to keep the ball from leaving the playfield. Same thing with the one over the hairpin turn on the left side.

Odds are though, the ball will never hop out of the superchager and hit this piece. I wouldn't sweat it if it's in a home use environment.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 20.00
Trade
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/219?hl=estroh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.