• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,812 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 277.
#10851 3 years ago

Any mod black friday sales coming up? I really want to add a color2dmd and/or donut heaven into mine to complete the look!

#10852 3 years ago

I’m attempting to replace the rubbers by the pops, but I’m confused by what I removed versus what IPDB shows. There are double grooved posts allowing for the stacking of rubbers,but do they possibly use a large band on the bottom tying three posts together, with a single rubber on the top groove of each respective post, or larger bands tying three posts together top and bottom?

16D06994-7C76-4DDE-AA1F-36AEBA79F66E (resized).jpeg16D06994-7C76-4DDE-AA1F-36AEBA79F66E (resized).jpeg84ABEE12-F076-48AA-AB00-0D01FAADAC86 (resized).png84ABEE12-F076-48AA-AB00-0D01FAADAC86 (resized).pngE0F34C89-1510-4523-9857-C862C13161AB (resized).jpegE0F34C89-1510-4523-9857-C862C13161AB (resized).jpeg
#10853 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

I’m attempting to replace the rubbers by the pops, but I’m confused by what I removed versus what IPDB shows. There are double grooved posts allowing for the stacking of rubbers,but do they possibly use a large band on the bottom tying three posts together, with a single rubber on the top groove of each respective post, or larger bands tying three posts together top and bottom?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe this will help

Mountain Upper Yellow (resized).jpgMountain Upper Yellow (resized).jpg

20201121_202849 (resized).jpg20201121_202849 (resized).jpg
#10854 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

The manual is wrong

9A07B0BC-B83A-4B25-B847-81126CD8F745 (resized).jpeg9A07B0BC-B83A-4B25-B847-81126CD8F745 (resized).jpeg
#10855 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Maybe this will help
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Great, yes it does help! So I have the rubbers on the right side correct. I can't tell from your pic if I have them correct on the left side. kdunbar also responded and it appears I may have the left side incorrect. Thanks!!

#10856 3 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

The manual is wrong
[quoted image]

Thanks! I apparently have the right side correct, but not the left. The way I replaced the rubbers on the left was how I removed them, but IPDB threw me.

#10857 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

Thanks! I apparently have the right side correct, but not the left. The way I replaced the rubbers on the left was how I removed them, but IPDB threw me.

Here’s a kit I made at Titan pinball

F31B1E9F-1EFB-4561-8EEF-0F3812E9C5AA (resized).pngF31B1E9F-1EFB-4561-8EEF-0F3812E9C5AA (resized).png
#10858 3 years ago

How many bulbs in the headboard? 555 or 44/47 have a game coming but want to do my light or in advance
Thanks for the help
A pic with the translight off and the game off would be great

#10859 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

How many bulbs in the headboard? 555 or 44/47 have a game coming but want to do my light or in advance
Thanks for the help

I’ve already hit the sack, but if you search my name I know I’ve posted a light board pic before.

#10860 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Thanks for the help

These are 555 and flashers 906

LED Back Box (resized).jpgLED Back Box (resized).jpg
#10861 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

These are 555 and flashers 906

Thanks for your time

#10862 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Thanks for your time

NP, I hope it helps

#10863 3 years ago

Can someone humor me as to the part number for the little rubber bulb "condoms" like the two on the supercharger ramp entrance? Nothing comes up in a search on the Marco parts page for bulb condom. Go figure!? lol I'd like to replace the yellow one as it's missing on my machine.

29 (resized).jpg29 (resized).jpg
#10864 3 years ago

Get rid of them and just put in colored LEDs (they originally were used to change the light color). I've gone white domes previously, but now I have clear faceted domed ones and like them best (red and amber).

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/faceted-bulbs

IMG_4966 (resized).JPGIMG_4966 (resized).JPG
#10865 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Get rid of them and just put in colored LEDs (they originally were used to change the light color). I've gone white domes previously, but now I have clear faceted domed ones and like them best (red and amber).
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/faceted-bulbs
[quoted image]

I did find them ironically. Lamp covers they go by. I found about 20 of them rolling around in the bottom of my Lethal Weapon 3 when I first got it.

Hadn't realized that's how they made the colour differences originally. Guess I never thought about it. On the Party Zone, there is an all red effect with one of the GI strings. For multiball and the "Big Bang" jackpot... would that red effect been also done by these rubber bulb covers back in the day? I am meaning to replace all those GI lights with LEDs and wondered which ones should be which colour. Might end up finding more of these rubber covers once I go in there.

#10866 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Can someone humor me as to the part number for the little rubber bulb "condoms" like the two on the supercharger ramp entrance? Nothing comes up in a search on the Marco parts page for bulb condom. Go figure!? lol I'd like to replace the yellow one as it's missing on my machine.[quoted image]

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=Lamp+cover+
I prefer the silicone ones

2 weeks later
#10867 3 years ago

I'm troubleshooting an intermittent beacon light and need some help. The light bulb itself always comes on, but the motor making the disc spin doesn't always come to life. Inevitably, if I reach up and tap firmly to the side of the light on top of the backbox, it starts rotating. Kind of seems to me like it's caught on something.

I've taken it off and looked and it doesn't seem to be catching on anything obvious. There's decent clearance all the way around. No obvious loose wires or connectors inside the cabinet going to the boards up top either.

I see on the Marco website that you can buy a replacement, heavy duty upgraded motor. Here: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/14-7971

You can see though how it says it might not be your motor and to check these other things. The one that caught my eye is where it says the "o-ring belt may be too tight."

What are they talking about with this? Is there a belt inside the motor? I have not taken my motor apart. Anyone have pics of the inside of a motor or can tell me what this o-ring belt reference means?

Thanks.

#10868 3 years ago

F-14 has 3 beacons with 2 o-rings use as belts. If the o-rings are too small the motor isn't strong enough to turn the reflectors. On your game there is no o-rings, the reflector is mounted directly to the motor shaft. So either the motor is dieing or the grease inside the housing is dried up and isn't lubricating the gears any more. I have taken this type of motor/gearbox apart and cleaned out the old grease and replaced it with new grease.

#10869 3 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

F-14 has 3 beacons with 2 o-rings use as belts. If the o-rings are too small the motor isn't strong enough to turn the reflectors. On your game there is no o-rings, the reflector is mounted directly to the motor shaft. So either the motor is dieing or the grease inside the housing is dried up and isn't lubricating the gears any more. I have taken this type of motor/gearbox apart and cleaned out the old grease and replaced it with new grease.

Awesome. Thank you very much. Good explanation. And simple too. I'll definitely open up the motor I have and see what the condition of the grease is. Cheers.

#10870 3 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

I have taken this type of motor/gearbox apart and cleaned out the old grease and replaced it with new grease.

Does this take away the grinding sounds?

#10871 3 years ago

Just joined the Club... the teardown has begun, all guides have been polished , 4 coats of pure wax , LED bulbs installed .
Thanks to Mr_Tantrum for help and many great mods that he makes for this game. Some installed some still to go..
Just awaiting a parts order to finish .

16076360806338953006772741052980 (resized).jpg16076360806338953006772741052980 (resized).jpg16076360958008289514677843405212 (resized).jpg16076360958008289514677843405212 (resized).jpg16076361203871285914938339574719 (resized).jpg16076361203871285914938339574719 (resized).jpg
#10872 3 years ago

Can someone take a picture of their first switch in the right loop? From the topside? My actuator looks to be the wrong one.

#10873 3 years ago

is it supposed to be this actuator? I have the "skinnier" blade that sticks up for ball to roll over. Sometimes the ball gets hung up on it.

switch actuator (resized).jpgswitch actuator (resized).jpg
#10874 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Just joined the Club... the teardown has begun, all guides have been polished , 4 coats of pure wax , LED bulbs installed .
Thanks to Mr_Tantrum for help and many great mods that he makes for this game. Some installed some still to go..
Just awaiting a parts order to finish .

Dispatch to 50004, over. This is 50004, over.

#10875 3 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Can someone take a picture of their first switch in the right loop? From the topside? My actuator looks to be the wrong one.

16076544823477938349749306543474 (resized).jpg16076544823477938349749306543474 (resized).jpg
#10876 3 years ago
33BE6C9E-BE68-4C28-B59B-609D7A14D202 (resized).jpeg33BE6C9E-BE68-4C28-B59B-609D7A14D202 (resized).jpeg
#10877 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Does this take away the grinding sounds?

No! A new motor will.

#10878 3 years ago

I've been working on my flippers a little bit. I have done the flipper rebuild kits on all three. I still feel like the lower right flipper is a bit weak, especially as it gets right out to the tip of the flipper. I think it might be an adjustment of some kind needed on the EOS switches, but not really sure. I also think there's too much slop in the bushing on the right side, but I don't know how or what to adjust that out. These were new bushings too with the rebuild kits.

The flipper buttons are also a little suspect. I have new ones coming, but the ones in there don't have much of a spring out resistance, and I like feeling that on the buttons. This is usually from the internal spring in the button or from the tip of the button plunger resting on the top of the leaf spring metal tab. The thing is though, with the Getaway, it seems like there isn't enough room on that right flipper leaf switch to move things around or in and out because the stacked base of the switch is right snug up with the bracket on the shifter.

You guys have this scenario on your machines too? Where the leaf switch is wedged in there under that angled top bracket part of the shifter mechanism? This is I guess necessary because the right switch has the dual acting blades for the top flipper. I think that's what is going on there anyway.

Here's a pic of what I mean. Early pic when I got the game. A few things have changed, but that geometry is still the same for the switch base and the shifter bracket.

IMG_2357 (resized).JPGIMG_2357 (resized).JPG
#10879 3 years ago

I am starting to restore my Getaway, playfield swap, cabinet restore. What's the thought on the supercharger, should I go ahead and change the magnets and how about the optos ? I have had the game 10 years with no issues. I'm on the fence, thought I would see if anyone could input one way or the other.

thanks much
Rob

#10880 3 years ago

Supercharger has no moving parts; really genius design. I don’t see why you would replace anything that’s not broke. Just clean everything and use windex or rubbing alcohol on the optos

I did have to change a broken opto once but it was really easy.

#10881 3 years ago
Quoted from alleycat-pinball:

I am starting to restore my Getaway, playfield swap, cabinet restore. What's the thought on the supercharger, should I go ahead and change the magnets and how about the optos ? I have had the game 10 years with no issues. I'm on the fence, thought I would see if anyone could input one way or the other.
thanks much
Rob

No to the mags, but definitely replace all of the optics as they have caused woes for many of us.

#10882 3 years ago

Back left corner too dark ... added an extra light and tapped power from the GI

87935f549beeee903c11bcac29c9d409974fcaf5 (resized).jpg87935f549beeee903c11bcac29c9d409974fcaf5 (resized).jpg
#10883 3 years ago

end result

IMG_20201212_1642219 (resized).jpgIMG_20201212_1642219 (resized).jpg
#10884 3 years ago

So when I got this game the logo painted on the apron was absolutely beat. Found a spare used apron and until it gets here and gets Powder Coated I vinyl wrapped the one in the picture.

16084086498006305548638630144492 (resized).jpg16084086498006305548638630144492 (resized).jpg
#10885 3 years ago

My getaway is going for a full resto as soon as there is a place in the queue. Have a new cleared playfield, new coulor dmd, new cab decals and plastics and just ordered just about every mod Mr tantrum makes for it.

Gunna be beautiful enough to sit next to my Sorcerer when it's finished and i can't wait.

ga1 (resized).jpgga1 (resized).jpg

#10886 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

My getaway is going for a full resto as soon as there is a place in the queue. Have a new cleared playfield, new coulor dmd, new cab decals and plastics and just ordered just about every mod Mr tantrum makes for it.
Gunna be beautiful enough to sit next to my Sorcerer when it's finished and i can't wait.
[quoted image]

Looking good. I've done just about everything to my Getaway except replace the playfield. It could definitely use one, but up to this point I've just been too chicken to undertake the challenge.

#10887 3 years ago

Shit, i'm not doing it myself, don't even do most of my own fault fixing.

#10888 3 years ago

I managed a forget playfield swap in about 100 hours. It's not for the faint of heart. I intended on doing my getaway, but I have too many other projects and become disheartened waiting for years on the playfield

#10889 3 years ago

Hi guys,

How do you get the l2 Rom? How do you install it ?

My game is pretty stock....

Thx

#10890 3 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Hi guys,
Thx

I have never done it, but it's an actual chip you'll need to replace. As opposed to the modern style of using a USB or SD card.

#10891 3 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Hi guys,
Thx

It's not hard, just take your time and be careful you do not bend the pins... It's the gold Rom L2 in the middle left inside the backbox and the old rom L1 is sitting on top of the PinLed manual, if it helps. Just slowly pull the old rom off the board, try not to damage it as you may want to use it again. These install one way, like ram in a pc but they have little tiny pins.

I forget where I bought mine but they are fairly common and you may try the market place here on Pinside.

Edit: Make sure your machine is turned off.

I hope this helps.
Franks Famous 5 installed (resized).jpgFranks Famous 5 installed (resized).jpg
Manuals-keys (resized).jpgManuals-keys (resized).jpg

#10892 3 years ago

How do you get the extra ball in video mode... aim for sign?

#10893 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

How do you get the extra ball in video mode... aim for sign?

lol, to me it's luck... just run through the EB when it appears, if you can. I'm usually trying to make it to the end of the timer for the points.

#10894 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

lol, to me it's luck... just run through the EB when it appears, if you can. I'm usually trying to make it to the end of the timer for the points.

I had a way of getting this EB to pop-up fairly consistently once upon a time. I used to do it by hugging one side or the other. Like go to the left and keep pressing the left button while you're there. It seemed like that was daring the logic to throw the EB sign up on the far side. And it often would. You would need to dart over and get it (by driving through it, as mentioned). I only ever did this in the lowest gear... meaning, I never changed gears and so the car moved much slower. If you get to the end of the race, you're only looking at about 12 mil, but if you get the extra ball along with that, it's well worth it.

#10895 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

I had a way of getting this EB to pop-up fairly consistently once upon a time. I used to do it by hugging one side or the other. Like go to the left and keep pressing the left button while you're there. It seemed like that was daring the logic to throw the EB sign up on the far side. And it often would. You would need to dart over and get it (by driving through it, as mentioned). I only ever did this in the lowest gear... meaning, I never changed gears and so the car moved much slower. If you get to the end of the race, you're only looking at about 12 mil, but if you get the extra ball along with that, it's well worth it.

Going to try this ...
Thanks to all for the replies
HNY

#10896 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Going to try this ...
Thanks to all for the replies
HNY

I tried it right after I posted that and it didn't work. It might need a longer video mode drive time than the default as it felt like it used to come towards the end of the run. Can't remember what the default is, like 14 seconds or something. It might need to go out to 20. I'll try it a few more times and see if I can get it to happen.

Otherwise, I bet I have played 300 games in the one month I've had my Getaway and I don't recall seeing the EB in video mode a single time. Might also be related to the EB percentage it's set to in settings or it could possibly be related to which version of the code the game is running. My machine is on L2.

#10897 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

My machine is on L2.

I'm on the same .....

#10898 3 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Hi guys,
Thx

Use one of these chip pullers

https://www.amazon.com/KNACRO-Professional-Extractor-WTS-610-Assisted/dp/B07G9ZC6V1/ref=pd_sbs_469_6/142-7810192-3466222

I've been using the same one for 15 years.

#10899 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

These install one way, like ram in a pc but they have little tiny pins.

PC ram is "keyed" to fit only one way. Your WPC rom in your Getaway will fit either way it's oriented. But, only one way is correct. Look at the half circle on the chip. You can either match the direction of your old rom or look at the silkscreen on the board under the chip after it's pulled out. There will be a half circle silkscreened to show correct orientation. See pic below for example of half circle at the end of the chip.

2D6BECD9-0BF8-425D-B839-4E6E459E9A84_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg2D6BECD9-0BF8-425D-B839-4E6E459E9A84_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
#10900 3 years ago

I'm finally gonna put something in other than the proto rom (P-C) in mine, I think. I have no idea if it's causing any issues or not (As i mentioned before the only issue I know of is with the diverter and it seems to throw the error when it lowers the ball lock ramp / clears it when I hit the supercharger). But I suck at this game so...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 20.00
4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,812 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/218 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.