• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 277.
#10551 4 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Can someone confirm the ball trap bracket I need? I cleaned my playfield and now occasionally when I hit the left orbit while the ramp is down, it will shoot off the ramp and end up stuck just behind where the ball lock (donut heaven) area is. I'm guessing the part I need is Marco Specialties 01-10904, bracket ball trap. Can someone confirm? Thanks!

If you are referring to the one mounted on the right side of the SC loop, then #01-10904 is indeed the part you need (same exact one I purchased). You can just see mine behind the Lambo in this pic with the slippery road sign decal on it.

b8200457f9327f6cd31127c93892dad30ed95957 (resized).jpgb8200457f9327f6cd31127c93892dad30ed95957 (resized).jpg
#10552 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

If you are referring to the one mounted on the right side of the SC loop, then #01-10904 is indeed the part you need (same exact one I purchased). You can just see mine behind the Lambo in this pic with the slippery road sign decal on it.[quoted image]

That is the bracket I was thinking of, but now that I'm looking at it, I'm not sure it would help my issue. What is that supposed to prevent? Here's where my ball keeps getting stuck:

IMG_20200407_190902 (resized).jpgIMG_20200407_190902 (resized).jpg
#10553 4 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

That is the bracket I was thinking of, but now that I'm looking at it, I'm not sure it would help my issue. What is that supposed to prevent? Here's where my ball keeps getting stuck:[quoted image]

How does the ball make it to that spot? After going up the lift ramp?

#10554 4 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

How does the ball make it to that spot? After going up the lift ramp?

Must have come off the wire form somehow.

#10555 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Finale will premiere tonight, everyone! Mr. Tantrum will be getting a lot of shout outs due to the mods. lol.

Fantastic video. Thanks for sharing your journey with us, and the game looks absolutely fabulous! I love all of your personal touches to the game.

#10556 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Must have come off the wire form somehow.

Yeah honestly I'm not too sure. I cleaned the playfield and it happened 2 games in a row. The ball is moving so fast now.

It only happens when I hit the shot SUPER cleanly. I'm speculating that it hugs the back wall after climbing the ramp, then bounces towards center-playfield, causing it to bounce off the left side of the wireform, and back to the right. A little confusing. I'll maybe try to get a slow-mo video tonight so I can verify.

#10557 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Finale will premiere tonight, everyone! Mr. Tantrum will be getting a lot of shout outs due to the mods. lol.

Nice video. Sick machine.

#10558 4 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

That is the bracket I was thinking of, but now that I'm looking at it, I'm not sure it would help my issue. What is that supposed to prevent? Here's where my ball keeps getting stuck:[quoted image]

I don't understand how this can even happen. You're definitely going to have to get a video of it to see exactly how it is happening.

#10559 4 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Yeah honestly I'm not too sure. I cleaned the playfield and it happened 2 games in a row. The ball is moving so fast now.
It only happens when I hit the shot SUPER cleanly. I'm speculating that it hugs the back wall after climbing the ramp, then bounces towards center-playfield, causing it to bounce off the left side of the wireform, and back to the right. A little confusing. I'll maybe try to get a slow-mo video tonight so I can verify.

I tried to get a video of the ball hopping the wire form, but couldn't replicate the error. Guess it was some extreme luck that it happened 2 games in a row!

#10560 4 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

I tried to get a video of the ball hopping the wire form, but couldn't replicate the error. Guess it was some extreme luck that it happened 2 games in a row!

I'm sure if you have to take the glass off a few more times, you'll be wanting to figure out a fix. For now, play and enjoy!

#10561 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

What are those brackets on each side by the glass? They appear to support the glass. I think they are side lighting actually. Thanks.

#10562 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

What are those brackets on each side by the glass? They appear to support the glass. I think they are for side lighting actually. Thanks.

#10564 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Pin StadiumsOk, thanks. Took me a while to notice they were additional lighting

#10565 4 years ago

I have a few questions that I'm hoping a more educated person can help me out with:
1)Both of my slings are not firing. When the ball hits them it registers, but they don't fire.
2)the 2X light and the "Shift" light don't work (I'm terrible at wiring diagrams and such so I don't know what to look for)
3)the kickback doesn't fire when it drains on the left. Switch works, but kickback doesn't fire.

I think it is a power issue of some kind? Not really sure.

Thanks for the help

#10566 4 years ago
Quoted from rickyrooroo:

I have a few questions that I'm hoping a more educated person can help me out with:
1)Both of my slings are not firing. When the ball hits them it registers, but they don't fire.
2)the 2X light and the "Shift" light don't work (I'm terrible at wiring diagrams and such so I don't know what to look for)
3)the kickback doesn't fire when it drains on the left. Switch works, but kickback doesn't fire.
I think it is a power issue of some kind? Not really sure.
Thanks for the help

Check your fuses

#10567 4 years ago

Who's got the best stop light mod?

#10568 4 years ago

Mr Tantrum sells 2 kinds, one with clear lenses and one with colored lenses. They are great, I have one

2020-04-11 (resized).jpg2020-04-11 (resized).jpggetaway1 (resized).jpggetaway1 (resized).jpg
#10569 4 years ago

Can someone try downloading my Pulp Fiction orchestration and tell me if it works ok in their machine. The original posting didn't have the file attached. Here is the link. Thanks for the help!

http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/312-pulp_fiction_pinballjah-v2/

#10570 4 years ago

What should I look for with a weak plunger kicker that won't get the ball into the playfield. It doesn't happen every time, but mainly during multiball. Any ideas?

#10571 4 years ago
Quoted from rickyrooroo:

What should I look for with a weak plunger kicker that won't get the ball into the playfield. It doesn't happen every time, but mainly during multiball. Any ideas?

I had a weak plunger problem a couple of years ago, and my issue ended up being that the nylon cylinder that sits inside the bell armature assembly (aka the plunger), had broken loose inside of the metal housing. I tried to repair it to no avail, but a new part from Marco's and the issue has been resolved ever since (https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-15709). FYI, this is the one for the Kickback plunger (left lane): https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-6306-2

So, I would see if you can move the tip that extends out of the armature by hand (rotate and/or in and out), and it you can then its time to replace it.

#10572 4 years ago
Quoted from rickyrooroo:

What exactly do you mean, the ball launches and drops back down into the shooter lane or the ball won't make it around the out loop or something in between?

#10573 4 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

What exactly do you mean, the ball launches and drops back down into the shooter lane or the ball won't make it around the out loop or something in between?

The ball remains in the shooter lane and just keeps trying to plunge out onto the playfield repeatedly over and over again.

#10574 4 years ago

OT: Question about 3 Getaway flashlamps???

Question about Getaway and the 3 flashlamps in the head behind the police cars. When a ball loads they come on and stay on until the ball drains. When another ball loads they come back on again. They also seem to flash when the pop bumpers are hit? They work in flasher test. Also no sounds or mars light in attract mode even with that option chosen. ROM's are P7 prototype. Software problem?

#10575 4 years ago

Tech help with Accelerator Board. Hoping someone on this thread who is presumably smarter than me can help me trace a wire.

The question is: at which connector location(s) do the 2 black wires that originate in J7 on the accelerator board ground on the Power Driver board? A friend is helping me troubleshoot a slow supercharger and thinks that there might be a problem with the connector. Have run tests on the magnets, optos, swapped power driver and accelerator boards, and am still befuddled.

#10576 4 years ago

Pull the cover off of the supercharger and check the wiring on the magnets. Mine was slow and on the first magnet one of the wires was broken off. I think a ball hit it. Soldered it back on and fixed.

#10577 4 years ago

J7 has 2 grounds, pins 3 and 4. the go to the driver board J131-1,4. Page 3-12 of the manual

#10578 4 years ago

Turns out the manual is incorrect. J7 does not ground to J131. Thanks JanS for confirming that J131 is not even used. Anyone have an idea where it actually grounded?

#10579 4 years ago

Finally got around to finishing up some mods. Designed my own traffic light and a supercharger ramp sign replacement that uses 1" inserts.

My shifter surround was rather sad looking too so I came up with a shaft/knob/surround replacement. The shift knob has a translucent insert (with a small inset bull logo) that hooks into the shift lamp and gives you a visual indicator on the knob when it's time to shift.

Everything is available in my pinside store now.

Now with those all done I can finally play my game again lol.

P4151536 (resized).pngP4151536 (resized).pngP4151541 (resized).JPGP4151541 (resized).JPG
#10580 4 years ago

That's nifty, but not necessary for the light on the shifter. I don't know anyone that needs an indicator on the knob to let you know when to shift. Much easier to look down on the playfield.

#10581 4 years ago

I think its aesthetics over function. Its super neat but not a mod I'd do. That stop light looks pro!

#10582 4 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

Finally got around to finishing up some mods. Designed my own traffic light and a supercharger ramp sign replacement that uses 1" inserts.
My shifter surround was rather sad looking too so I came up with a shaft/knob/surround replacement. The shift knob has a translucent insert (with a small inset bull logo) that hooks into the shift lamp and gives you a visual indicator on the knob when it's time to shift.
Now with those all done I can finally play my game again lol.[quoted image][quoted image]

I’d be in for the shift plate if it could be used with the factory handle. Don’t know if handle would fit through your plate to install. I like your concept but wouldn’t want the light.

#10583 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

That's nifty, but not necessary for the light on the shifter. I don't know anyone that needs an indicator on the knob to let you know when to shift. Much easier to look down on the playfield.

Yea it’s just a bit of extra flair. As you can see by the hardware and paint on my cabinet, it’s been super routed (it was originally in Italy) so my whole shifter area was a bit sad looking, so I went all out to distract from the paint

Quoted from MJW:

I’d be in for the shift plate if it could be used with the factory handle. Don’t know if handle would fit through your plate to install. I like your concept but wouldn’t want the light.

It will work with the factory shift knob but you’ll have to take the shifter apart to get it on.

Tomorrow I’ll play around with the file to see what it’d look like if it can slip over the factory knob. Maybe if I split it in half...hmm...

#10584 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I think its aesthetics over function. Its super neat but not a mod I'd do. That stop light looks pro!

Thanks! I had a v1 that was wider, but after installing it looked too big. I was able to narrow it down by like 10mm which made it look a lot better.

BTW your colorization Of Getaway is great, I installed my pin2dmd mod in February and it’s awesome.

#10585 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Would the 4th bolt fit with this? Doesn't appear that way

#10586 4 years ago
Quoted from Jigs:

No idea...

#10587 4 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

Now with those all done I can finally play my game again lol.[quoted image][quoted image]

I kind of like the SC ramp sign face. I may try one with my custom SC sign, but I think that 3/4” inserts would look better than the 1” ones (may have to grind the depth down on the inserts some).

#10588 4 years ago
Quoted from Jigs:

It will with the smaller text I ended up using on the final version. I got ahead of myself putting it back together and then realized the text interfered with the 4th bolt. I scaled the text down one font size and fixed the problem.

#10589 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I kind of like the SC ramp sign face. I may try one with my custom SC sign, but I think that 3/4” inserts would look better than the 1” ones (may have to grind the depth down on the inserts some).

Hard to see by the photo but my sign replaces the entire assembly. You just reuse the PCBs, so the inserts are flush with the front. 1” inserts are what I have on hand, but 3/4” might be nice too.

#10590 4 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

Hard to see by the photo but my sign replaces the entire assembly. You just reuse the PCBs, so the inserts are flush with the front. 1” inserts are what I have on hand, but 3/4” might be nice too.

Yes, I did see that, but I like my UV reactive backplate, and a matching face might look good.

#10591 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yes, I did see that, but I like my UV reactive backplate, and a matching face might look good.

Yea I think there's a few options that could look good here. I feel inserts give a more polished look vs exposed bulbs. The UV reactive filament is cool touch too. This is one of the few games where neon kinda fits with the theme. I should try to get some pink EL in here somewhere lol.

#10592 4 years ago

Finally got enough time to install the red light target stickers (no before) and the super charger loop sticker:
before:
oldsuper (resized).jpgoldsuper (resized).jpg
after:
newsuper (resized).jpgnewsuper (resized).jpg

LOVE IT

I also got the mph/rpm/n20 gauge stickers in:
before:
white (resized).jpgwhite (resized).jpg
after:
whitestickered (resized).jpgwhitestickered (resized).jpg

My only issue now is that the balls sometimes get stuck in the hold under donut heaven, but I cant figure out why.

#10593 4 years ago

Here's something kinda fun. Check out the red/blue apron lights during video mode and multiball (at 20 second mark and again at the 2 minute marks). Please excuse the sloppy gameplay with a camera between me and the pin.

#10594 4 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

Here's something kinda fun. Check out the red/blue apron lights during video mode and multiball (at 20 second mark and again at the 2 minute marks). Please excuse the sloppy gameplay with a camera between me and the pin.

That's pretty cool. How did you achieve it (or are you going to be selling as a mod)?

#10595 4 years ago

Yeah that is really kool !

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

That's pretty cool. How did you achieve it (or are you going to be selling as a mod)?

#10596 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

That's pretty cool. How did you achieve it

The simple answer is that I modified an RGB controller and wired the "green" circuit to the red on one strip and the blue on the other.

The longer answer is that to activate the controller with the beacon I put a relay on the circuit that controls the beacon. With that I drive various mods I came up with: this apron LED display, a police light bar on the top, and others that "become active" when the beacon goes off. The power supply for this (running through the relay) is tapped of of the primary on the transformer, and then powers other things that are aways active: your shifter knob, under cab red/blue lights like on the apron, a pincup with red/blue lights and a few other things. When everything goes off it's like getting slapped in the face by a two-headed caterpillar. (wink)

I don't know if I can simplify things to make it a stand-alone mod. I'll have to think about that...

#10597 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Finally got enough time to install the red light target stickers (no before) and the super charger loop sticker:
before:
[quoted image]
after:
[quoted image]
LOVE IT
I also got the mph/rpm/n20 gauge stickers in:
before:
[quoted image]
after:
[quoted image]
My only issue now is that the balls sometimes get stuck in the hold under donut heaven, but I cant figure out why.

What did you use to remove the old decal? Hair dryer? I have had mine for six months, still haven't installed it. Thanks.

#10598 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

What did you use to remove the old decal? Hair dryer? I have had mine for six months, still haven't installed it. Thanks.

Hairdryer or heat gun on low if you are careful. Just warm the entire decal to loosen the adhesive and remove in a single piece (if you do mess it up, I do sell replicas if you want to keep an “original”). Clean surface, test fit new decal, remove backing, start at one end aligning the top, and then apply pressure to entire height of decal to prevent air bubbles as you progress horizontally until the decal is fully applied.

#10599 4 years ago

new one right on top of the old one

#10600 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

new one right on top of the old one

That’s one way to do it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Trade
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/212?hl=jans and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.