• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 277.
#1001 8 years ago

I'm 112% sure that anyone who says they doesn't is either lying, crazy, or somehow confusing it with some other game. This is definitely a top shelf pin, full of speed, lights, adrenaline, and awesome sauce.

#1002 8 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I'm 112% sure that anyone who says they doesn't is either lying, crazy, or somehow confusing it with some other game. This is definitely a top shelf pin, full of speed, lights, adrenaline, and awesome sauce.

But are you really...really...really...really...really sure.

#1003 8 years ago

Absolutely one of the best games out there. Just added a color dmd - it's incredible!!

#1004 8 years ago
Quoted from dropdeadhippie:

Absolutely one of the best games out there. Just added a color dmd - it's incredible!!

Didn't know there was a color DMD for this title. Where do you get it?

#1005 8 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Didn't know there was a color DMD for this title. Where do you get it

Forget it--answered my own question:

Color DMD for Getaway: http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-attack-from-mars-pinball-machine/

Video:

I'm in!

#1006 8 years ago

Colordmd sells them. Should be a thread on it showing video too.

#1007 8 years ago

Help !

Has anyone completely taken the supercharger ramp with magnets and all that comes with it apart ? I am Learning the hard way not having taken enough Pictures when trying to put things back together.. All is taken apart and cleaned thoroughly. Now I look like a big question mark. Naive as I was I would think the manual would show all in detail and ordered it, but not I´m afraid.

Would be very happy if anyone could p.m me . Perhaps someone shot sequence Pictures of the disassemlby with which belonging screws to go where etc.etcc

Thanks in Advance
Matt in Sweden

#1008 8 years ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

Help !
Has anyone completely taken the supercharger ramp with magnets and all that comes with it apart ? I am Learning the hard way not having taken enough Pictures when trying to put things back together.. All is taken apart and cleaned thoroughly. Now I look like a big question mark. Naive as I was I would think the manual would show all in detail and ordered it, but not I´m afraid.
Would be very happy if anyone could p.m me . Perhaps someone shot sequence Pictures of the disassemlby with which belonging screws to go where etc.etcc
Thanks in Advance
Matt in Sweden

Wish I could help but I've never had mine apart.

#1009 8 years ago

I'm thinking of. Getting one of the police car mods but can't decide on which one. The big car or the smaller car. Any opinions on which one looks better? I'm worried the big car might be a little to gawdy but the small one might not have that much of an effect. Also considering the donut heaven mod. Again all opinions are welcome.

#1010 8 years ago

Just installed the donut heaven mod and I love it, Easy installation--alligator clips hook to a flasher underneath associated with the 1-2-3 white targets and the jackpot. The donut heaven has a three-LED strip inside it and those LEDs flash with the 1-2-3 targets and the jackpot. I received the mod two days after I ordered it, so I was impressed all around. A bit pricey but worth it IMHO.

#1011 8 years ago

Ok cool! Sounds like the donut heaven is a go! Any opinions on the cars?

#1012 8 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Ok cool! Sounds like the donut heaven is a go! Any opinions on the cars?

I've got the larger version of the cop car attached next to my super charger (refer to pics previous page and earlier). I think it looks in proportion and doesn't overwhelm that part of the play field but i also attached a Lambo (about the same scale) on the clear plastic to the right which matches nicely. They attach easily and i've not had any issues with it in the months i've had it. The larger version has more LEDS on it too.

#1013 8 years ago

I've made several mods but one of the best is installing a blue light (6 LED mini-strip) under the super charger pointing downwards, adding a cool 'glow-in-the-dark' feel to that back left 'tunnel'. Best $8 upgrade to this game IMO. My other mods include adding a 1/35 red lambo (which I added white led lights to in the headlights) and the colorDMD. Cointaker premium LEDs package also added. The color DMD really enhances the game - it gets more playtime as a result.

#1014 8 years ago
Quoted from GGBGROUP:

I've made several mods but one of the best is installing a blue light (6 LED mini-strip) under the super charger pointing downwards, adding a cool 'glow-in-the-dark' feel to that back left 'tunnel'. Best $8 upgrade to this game IMO.

I know what your saying, I put a purple one above that back lane, lights up the lane and the back flip down ramp flap so you can see what's going on there. Lighting the Lambo sounds cool and I gotta get a color dmd for this game one of these days. I'm working on a light up mod for this game that will pretty cool, just waiting for more parts. It will be a DIY type mod that can be put on any game but I will post a how-to when it's ready.

#1015 8 years ago

The best mod overall is switching to leds. Game puts on a great light show. I recommend lighting up the gauges on the sling plastics with light strips. I got the idea from MustangPaul and it's a huge improvement to the look of the game. I also light up the back behind the supercharger where it was really dark with a light strip. The game could use a few spotlights to light the middle but haven't done that.

#1016 8 years ago

Ive siad it hear before but 3 of the 12v led strips.One stuck to the underside of each of the supercharger magnets.
Tie each one into the flasher in the supercharger makes for a crazy light show!

#1017 8 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Ive siad it hear before but 3 of the 12v led strips.One stuck to the underside of each of the supercharger magnets.
Tie each one into the flasher in the supercharger makes for a crazy light show!

I put a red, green and blue there and really didn't see much of a difference but I also have Comet pop cap rings which are bright so maybe that's why. I put a red led strip along the top of the supercharger loop and tied it in to one of the tc lights, looks way cool.

#1018 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I recommend lighting up the gauges on the sling plastics with light strips. I got the idea from MustangPaul and it's a huge improvement to the look of the game.

Sure does, now if we could get the needles on the gauges to move with game play that would be WAY cool.

#1019 8 years ago

Does anyone have a spare left slingshot plastic to sell me ? Noticed today when taking my game apart that a big part of he top (!! rare ?) corner is shot off and is missing.

Thanks in advance.
Matt

#1020 8 years ago

Recently I've experienced the game (playfield) suddenly shutting down and starting back up. DMD doesn't go out, but sort of freezes for a 3-4 seconds, then it all goes back to start as if someone shut the power button to the playfield only. Anyone seen this before?

#1021 8 years ago

Just got my supercharger decal from biglaw! Looks amazing, thanks for getting those printed, what a difference.

#1022 8 years ago
Quoted from GGBGROUP:

Recently I've experienced the game (playfield) suddenly shutting down and starting back up. DMD doesn't go out, but sort of freezes for a 3-4 seconds, then it all goes back to start as if someone shut the power button to the playfield only. Anyone seen this before?

Sounds like the CPU watchdog is barking... Probably needs to have the bridge rectifiers and/or capacitors on the driver board checked.

#1023 8 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Forget it--answered my own question:
Color DMD for Getaway: http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-attack-from-mars-pinball-machine/
Video: » YouTube video
I'm in!

Thanks for posting the video. You could have at least gotten Red Line Mania ! Seems like the start of the 4th gear supercharger mode animation is missing graphics or colors. Also the Run the Red Light animation looks weird with the red on the outside and white stripe across. Other than that, it looks great!

#1024 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I've got the larger version of the cop car attached next to my super charger (refer to pics previous page and earlier). I think it looks in proportion and doesn't overwhelm that part of the play field but i also attached a Lambo (about the same scale) on the clear plastic to the right which matches nicely. They attach easily and i've not had any issues with it in the months i've had it. The larger version has more LEDS on it too.

Thanks. Im leaning towards the larger car.

Quoted from GGBGROUP:

The color DMD really enhances the game - it gets more playtime as a result.

I would love the coloeDMD but its just way to much dough at the moment. Especially with the exchange rate and shipping to Canada.

#1025 8 years ago

Has anyone upgraded the speakers to pinball pros ? Big difference ? Im considering it but i upgraded my F14 Tomcat and it wasnt much better although i know the sound card on F14 is very limited.

#1026 8 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Has anyone upgraded the speakers to pinball pros ? Big difference ? Im considering it but i upgraded my f14 tomcat and it wasnt much better although i know the sound card on F14 is very limited.

Put a car amp in it, for the bb speakers anyway.

#1027 8 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I would love the coloeDMD but its just way to much dough at the moment. Especially with the exchange rate and shipping to Canada.

Could be worse, you could be in Aus
I looked into getting one recently but after postage and exchange rate it was $620

#1028 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Could be worse, you could be in Aus
I looked into getting one recently but after postage and exchange rate it was $620

ouch !

#1029 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I don't know how you guys can afford anything pin related down there.

#1030 8 years ago

Yup, with exchange and shipping it's a $600.00 dollar hit here also.

#1031 8 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

ouch, Ouch, OUCH !

Worse than a Muskokan sunburn . . .

#1032 8 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Can't a pinball friend on this side of the boarder buy it for you then you come "visit".

#1033 8 years ago

You offering Mustang? Cold beer in the fridge and juicy Steaks on the Bbq.

#1034 8 years ago

The biggest problem is not just the shipping, it's the shitty Canadian dollar.

#1035 8 years ago

I have a cottage in Haliburton. Not far from the Muskokas. Maybe Fast in Muskoka and I can have you up for some good ole fashion Canadian Cottage partying !!!!

#1036 8 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

You offering Mustang? Cold beer in the fridge and juicy Steaks on the Bbq.

I was thinking you'd come here or visit a friend in Buffalo.

Quoted from SUPERBEE:I have a cottage in Haliburton. Not far from the Muskokas. Maybe Fast in Muskoka and I can have you up for some good ole fashion Canadian Cottage partying !!!!

ahhh no thanks, I've heard what goes on at those "Canadian Cottage" parties so I think I'll pass.

#1037 8 years ago

To be fair, the crappy Canadian dollar gets us more lap dance time when we go over the border.

#1038 8 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

To be fair, the crappy Canadian dollar gets us more lap dance time when we go over the border.

And they would appreciate the dollar bills. Do you know what it's like to be a stripper in Canada? ALL WE HAVE ARE COINS! Their insurance bills are through the roof!

#1039 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I was thinking you'd come here or visit a friend in Buffalo.

ahhh no thanks, I've heard what goes on at those "Canadian Cottage" parties so I think I'll pass.

Can't handle the Canadian beer, Eh ?

#1040 8 years ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

Does anyone have a spare left slingshot plastic to sell me ? Noticed today when taking my game apart that a big part of he top (!! rare ?) corner is shot off and is missing.
Thanks in advance.
Matt

Anybody please ?

#1041 8 years ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

Anybody please ?

I've got some second hand ones somewhere, i'll have a look and see if i can find them.

#1042 8 years ago
Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

Can't handle the Canadian beer, Eh ?

No it's the "other" things that go on.

#1043 8 years ago

Got my color DMD today and installed it, and, Man it's very enhancing. I've seen some installed in other titles and haven't been highly impressed, but the work that went into this particular title and the choices made about how to enhance the dots--highly evident during video mode, burn rubber, and by way of background color usage and contrast--make this a great investment, to my lights. Thorough and clear installation instructions as well. Highly recommended.

#1044 8 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Got my color DMD today and installed it, and, Man it's very enhancing. I've seen some installed in other titles and haven't been highly impressed, but the work that went into this particular title and the choices made about how to enhance the dots--highly evident during video mode, burn rubber, and by way of background color usage and contrast--make this a great investment, to my lights. Thorough and clear installation instructions as well. Highly recommended.

I just googled a vid of this. First time I've ever actually seen a color dmd in action. Holy sh!tsnacks, that is awesome!

#1045 8 years ago

In watching the video, as mentioned above, I noticed that their supercharger made 3 lightning fast loops and then released the ball. On my machine, it is usually between 5 and 7 loops, and they're sorta fast. But nothing like I just saw. What do people do to soup up (or possibly just restore) their supercharger to make these crazy super awesome fast loops?

#1046 8 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

In watching the video, as mentioned above, I noticed that their supercharger made 3 lightning fast loops and then released the ball. On my machine, it is usually between 5 and 7 loops, and they're sorta fast. But nothing like I just saw. What do people do to soup up (or possibly just restore) their supercharger to make these crazy super awesome fast loops?

After cleaning mine up and waxing, it was much faster but calmed down after a while.

#1047 8 years ago

Is it normal on this pin, that it gets dirty faster then normal?

One year or hard play has resulted in cracks on the new white rubber and microscopic metalparts on pf.
I am concerned about this metaldust on whole pf, could it be from the supercharger??

#1048 8 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

The number of loops is probably because you're using a different rom than the video. I have L-1 and it always does 3 the first time then 5,7 etc. L-2 is different. I think it does a random number each time. I'm assuming other roms have different loop settings as well.
As far as the supercharger speed I would go into test mode and try the sc time test and check how fast it's going. Mine starts at about 115 for the first couple laps then slows to 80. It's possible 1 of the magnets isn't working if yours is much slower.

#1049 8 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Is it normal on this pin, that it gets dirty faster then normal?
One year or hard play has resulted in cracks on the new white rubber and microscopic metalparts on pf.
I am concerned about this metaldust on whole pf, could it be from the supercharger??

If you play it that hard it's normal and you'll have to clean it and change the rubbers alot more often then that, probably 3-4 times a year and every time you clean it change out the balls. You want to clean it more often so the dirt doesn't get ground in which sounds like is happening now.

#1050 8 years ago

Its not my game. Its a routed pin that gets played alot.

I know the owner, it had a ball stuck, after i opened the glass i noticed the metal dust, and dident close up again before good cleaning everywhere i could get in to.

Game was fully shopped a year ago and waxed.

I personaly LOVE getaway, bored when playing highspeed 1 but have a blast with hgh speed 2, love the callouts music and sc.

Lokking for a getaway in nice condition, any ody want too sell please pm me

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.