• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 277.
#10351 4 years ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Looks great! Just to be sure, what is the color combination you chose - Red Sign, Black Roof/Trim, White Building?

I can custom color the roof, the sign, the building, the corners, the ledges, the door frame, the awnings, the lettering, the window tint, and the donut.

I’m happy to do color renderings before purchase to show what the colors will look like together.

#10352 4 years ago

Posting pic for new club member

D46380ED-1B88-432E-8D26-3F2F6BE9AEB9 (resized).jpegD46380ED-1B88-432E-8D26-3F2F6BE9AEB9 (resized).jpeg
#10353 4 years ago

Metal bracket that protects factory plastic. The other picture above plastic is the improved version avail from Mr Tantrum .

37BC256F-3DFF-4034-B973-24EE7695CBDD (resized).jpeg37BC256F-3DFF-4034-B973-24EE7695CBDD (resized).jpeg
#10354 4 years ago

My game currently is running code L-1. What is the best or preferred rom code I should get?

#10355 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

My game currently is running code L-1. What is the best or preferred rom code I should get?

L2 seems to be the most popular followed by L5 (I have L2). If you search through the thread you’ll find posts that document the differences (See post #250).

Main difference is that L5 supports 2 state flippers (assuming you have the hardware), but L5 doesn’t have Run the Red light display.

#10356 4 years ago

Anyone installed the modified Soren code? Just heard mention of it on Facebook.

#10357 4 years ago

Alright HS2 Club looking for some advise/help.

I've had the game about 4 months and last weekend was the first time is got more than a few games use and was on for over an hour. The DMD got cloudy/fuzzy to the point you couldn't even see the screen by the end of the night. I found this post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmd-cloudy which seems to be very similar if not the same as my problem. I have attached some images of part A-14039 front and back.

My questions are-
Is the screen problem being "fuzzy" related to the burnt board or something else?
Is the easiest fix to just order this and replace the board? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-14039-SAT
Send it out for Repair?

This is thankfully my 1st board problem I have run into.

Thanks!

DDD

IMG_5884 (resized).jpgIMG_5884 (resized).jpgIMG_5885 (resized).jpgIMG_5885 (resized).jpgIMG_5886 (resized).jpgIMG_5886 (resized).jpgIMG_5887 (resized).jpgIMG_5887 (resized).jpg
#10358 4 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Alright HS2 Club looking for some advise/help.
I've had the game about 4 months and last weekend was the first time is got more than a few games use and was on for over an hour. The DMD got cloudy/fuzzy to the point you couldn't even see the screen by the end of the night. I found this post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmd-cloudy which seems to be very similar if not the same as my problem. I have attached some images of part A-14039 front and back.
My questions are-
Is the screen problem being "fuzzy" related to the burnt board or something else?
Is the easiest fix to just order this and replace the board? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-14039-SAT
Send it out for Repair?
This is thankfully my 1st board problem I have run into.
Thanks!
DDD[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well, sometimes issues can appear to be related but you never know, having said that, if I were to send a board out for repair I'd contact CHRISHIBLER here on Pinside, he's awesome and will tell you the best option. That board has seen better days and has obviously been repaired in the past.

I'm not familiar with the board you linked from Marco, as it's a jumper (satellite) board, so I cannot say that would fix your issue. I believe this may be the board you need...

Bally/Williams part numbers A-14039

https://www.thepinballwizard.net/index.php?p=product&id=1881&parent=754&is_print_version=true

http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=A-14039-1

https://ksarcade.net/rottendog-wpc-dot-matrix-dmd-controller-dmd089.html

#10359 4 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Well, sometimes issues can appear to be related but you never know, having said that, if I were to send a board out for repair I'd contact CHRISHIBLER here on Pinside, he's awesome and will tell you the best option. That board has seen better days and has obviously been repaired in the past.
I'm not familiar with the board you linked from Marco, as it's a jumper (satellite) board, so I cannot say that would fix your issue. I believe this may be the board you need...
Bally/Williams part numbers A-14039
https://www.thepinballwizard.net/index.php?p=product&id=1881&parent=754&is_print_version=true
http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=A-14039-1
https://ksarcade.net/rottendog-wpc-dot-matrix-dmd-controller-dmd089.html

I reached out to Chris as well after I posted this because everywhere I saw this “issue” he commented on a fix. Thanks for the quick reply!

#10360 4 years ago

If the wavy, ghost-y image is caused by excessively high voltage on the higher voltage lines, then installing a ColorDMD would kill two birds with one stone, assuming you want ColorDMD (which you should).

Source: that was my experience

#10361 4 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Is the easiest fix to just order this and replace the board?

https://www.pinsound.org/dmdlux/

#10362 4 years ago

I'll second that. I have a new PinSound DMD Lux and a PIN2DMD in my Getaway, and it is great. The board is extremely well engineered, and it even looks great (although nobody ever sees it). It will work with any DMD (Standard, ColorDMD, PIN2DMD, etc.) and it only generates a fraction of the heat of the OEM or other aftermarket boards. This means better longevity for the board and less heat overall in the backbox which is always a good thing.

Also, one of the easiest things to replace in a pin. Literally takes 5 minutes or less.

DMDLux.jpgDMDLux.jpg

#10363 4 years ago

That looks good too, I'm not recommending any product but I like that board especially with the optional controls.

#10364 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I'll second that. I have a new PinSound DMD Lux and a PIN2DMD in my Getaway, and it is great. The board is extremely well engineered, and it even looks great (although nobody ever sees it). It will work with any DMD (Standard, ColorDMD, PIN2DMD, etc.) and it only generates a fraction of the heat of the OEM or other aftermarket boards. This means better longevity for the board and less heat overall in the backbox which is always a good thing.
Also, one of the easiest things to replace in a pin. Literally takes 5 minutes or less.
[quoted image]

Do you really need this for $100? Thanks.

#10365 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Do you really "need" a pinball machine at all?

#10366 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I would say you need it if your current board fails, or if the heat in you backbox is excessive, but otherwise you don’t need to replace a good working DMD controller. I replaced mine because I wanted to support PinSound given all the things I do with them, and I was the first one to test the board with a PIN2DMD. As a result, I was able to give them the feedback they needed so that they could sell with confidence to those with PIN2DMD units since they had already tested with all of the other DMD options out there.

#10367 4 years ago

Got my Lighted Pinball Mods Lighted Speaker Panel kit installed correctly (finally) today; looks great. Word of advice - be careful with the power tap hookup to make sure that it is installed correctly. I wasn't as careful as I should have been and it caused problems at first.
IMG_0771 (resized).jpegIMG_0771 (resized).jpeg

#10368 4 years ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

Got my Lighted Pinball Mods Lighted Speaker Panel kid installed correctly (finally) today; looks great. Word of advice - be careful with the power tap hookup to make sure that it is installed correctly. I wasn't as careful as I should have been and it caused problems at first.[quoted image]

You should add some whites to that backbox. The colors wash all the graphics out imo.

#10369 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

You should add some whites to that backbox. The colors wash all the graphics out imo.

Of if you've done all that modification to the backbox, why not a custom translite to show how "custom" it is.

Getaway 4 low scan (resized).jpgGetaway 4 low scan (resized).jpg
#10370 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Do you really "need" a pinball machine at all?

Seems like a lot of money for something that is not necessary. Just asking shitbird.

#10371 4 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

Of if you've done all that modification to the backbox, why not a custom translite to show how "custom" it is.[quoted image]

That’s custom but think it would look better if there was a diablo and helicopter that matched the DMD Apache looking one.

#10372 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

That’s custom but think it would look better if there was a diablo and helicopter that matched the DMD Apache looking one.

I did a couple different ones with a Diablo but I didn't like the look as much. The Diablos on the DMD and the playfield are a little nondescript, so I didn't mind the slight modification (as long as it wasn't a Ferrari!).

Our local police don't make a habit of using Apache gunships to follow speeders, so I didn't mind using an image of an actual police helicopter. Again, I was removing the tie-in to the Apache by changing the translight anyway, but changing it to an Apache would be pretty easy if I wanted to do it.

At a minimum I wanted to get a mountain road, red Lambo, police car(s), and an actual police helicopter.

Here's one with a Diablo (SV Edition), freeway overpass, mountains, and helicopter.
Diablo (resized).jpgDiablo (resized).jpg

#10373 4 years ago

Theres no such thing as an alternate translight that doesn't look ugly and gaudy as hell for getaway

#10374 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Theres no such thing as an alternate translight that doesn't look ugly and gaudy as hell for getaway

I strongly disagree.
Getaway (resized).jpgGetaway (resized).jpg

Seriously, here is my custom backglass (not a translite). Can you see the differences (there are 3 main ones)?
Getaway.jpgGetaway.jpg

#10375 4 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

I did a couple different ones with a Diablo but I didn't like the look as much. The Diablos on the DMD and the playfield are a little nondescript, so I didn't mind the slight modification (as long as it wasn't a Ferrari!).
Our local police don't make a habit of using Apache gunships to follow speeders, so I didn't mind using an image of an actual police helicopter. Again, I was removing the tie-in to the Apache by changing the translight anyway, but changing it to an Apache would be pretty easy if I wanted to do it.
At a minimum I wanted to get a mountain road, red Lambo, police car(s), and an actual police helicopter.
Here's one with a Diablo (SV Edition), freeway overpass, mountains, and helicopter.
[quoted image]

I do appreciate your artistic ability. How are you creating your artwork (e.g. application used, custom graphics vs. modified stock images, etc.)?

My issue with an alternate translate (assuming I would want to change) is that my OCD would not allow me to utilize the stock light board due to bulb positioning. It would turn into a massive project for me that I just don't care to undertake.

#10376 4 years ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

Got my Lighted Pinball Mods Lighted Speaker Panel kit installed correctly (finally) today; looks great. Word of advice - be careful with the power tap hookup to make sure that it is installed correctly. I wasn't as careful as I should have been and it caused problems at first.
[quoted image]

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Not to be overly critical, but you might want to consider working on the backbox lighting before you end up in the Rainbow Puke thread. Then again, if that's the way you like it, it is your pin. Here is where I shared my current setup, and you can see others in the same area of posts.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/204#post-5404964

I've messed around with lighting ad nauseam, until I've settled with this for quite some time now. Primarily cool white, warm white for inside of car, red for car, and blue for choppers. All flashers are cool white. I also added a bulb at the bottom to better illuminate the license plate.

#10377 4 years ago

All the "alternative" translites are a major break with the original feel of the art. My choice of "modified" is CPR's modified mirrored backglass...

IMG_0240 (resized).JPEGIMG_0240 (resized).JPEGIMG_0242 (resized).JPEGIMG_0242 (resized).JPEG
#10378 4 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

[quoted image]

That one looks better in my opinion. I had the Ferrari alternate one with cleavage for years... . Went back to original design with CPR mirrored......

#10379 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I strongly disagree.
[quoted image]
Seriously, here is my custom backglass (not a translite). Can you see the differences (there are 3 main ones)?
[quoted image]

Lit kingpin license plate and headlights. Can’t find the 3rd mod.

#10380 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Thanks for your unilateral proclamation. You've now inspired me to put the whole machine back to it's stock condition... Maybe I'll get to work this weekend on my others as well. Does anyone want a boat load of mods and ton of white LED's from any of my pins?

#10381 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Lit kingpin license plate and headlights. Can’t find the 3rd mod.

Neither of those is correct (I did add a license plate light). All of the changes are in the artwork itself.

#10382 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Neither of those is correct (I did add a license plate light). All of the changes are in the artwork itself.

No supercharger for one.

#10384 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Black subtitle, logo position and ...

#10385 4 years ago

Ding! Ding!

I thought that would be easy.

#10386 4 years ago

Oops, one more (I forgot about the black subtitle).

Hint - look at the lower left part of the glass (the copyright police would not be happy with me).

#10387 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Oops, one more (I forgot about the black subtitle).
Hint - look at the lower left part of the glass.

The helicopter is banking into the road, and it's rotor is about to make contact with the guardrail. Wait, that's the original one I'm looking at

#10388 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I strongly disagree.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Close enough to stock where its fine lol. Subtle changes in good taste are one thing.

The CPR backglass is obviously fine too.

Its all the hideous photoshop art ones that look like garbage. Especially ones that don't even have the proper car on it. Just because theres a couple hot chicks slapped on it doesn't make it cool either, in fact thats super cringey, and believe me, I'm no prude. It just doesn't match the look of the game at all.

Quoted from EStroh:

Thanks for your unilateral proclamation. You've now inspired me to put the whole machine back to it's stock condition... Maybe I'll get to work this weekend on my others as well. Does anyone want a boat load of mods and ton of white LED's from any of my pins?

Bro I don't care if your game has a double headed catapillar that comes out and slaps you across the face when you lose the ball. Its your game and you can can make it look however cool or dumb you want.

#10389 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Bro I don't care if your game has a double headed catapillar that comes out and slaps you across the face when you lose the ball

hello where do I purchase this mod please

#10390 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Bro I don't care if your game has a double headed catapillar that comes out and slaps you across the face when you lose the ball.

Quoted from spblat:

hello where do I purchase this mod please

Stern sells the "double headed slapping caterpillar" on their Super LE (SLE) versions to the Chinese market only at this point. Use the "DHSC" order code if you want one for other markets. Mine does come out of the translite as Haymaker mentioned, but that required a lot of modification to adapt it to the WPC platform. I admit, it sure adds another element to the game!
catpillar (resized).jpgcatpillar (resized).jpg

#10391 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Nice work.

#10392 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

All the "alternative" translites are a major break with the original feel of the art. My choice of "modified" is CPR's modified mirrored backglass...[quoted image][quoted image]

I agree, I wish I could get a mirrored backglass for all of my pins (Aurich are you reading this?!)

#10393 4 years ago

Well, let the fun begin. Just went to play a game I have an opto 1 error. However, when I enter the SC ramp, my ball just goes left and returns instead of through the SC (that's not opto 1). Hopefully a loose gray wire on the opto column, but I guess I'll dig in to see what I can find tomorrow.

#10395 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, let the fun begin. Just went to play a game I have an opto 1 error. However, when I enter the SC ramp, my ball just goes left and returns instead of through the SC (that's not opto 1). Hopefully a loose gray wire on the opto column, but I guess I'll dig in to see what I can find tomorrow.

Looks like all 5 opto pairs are dead in switch testing. No bad wire connections at any of the 10 optos. Looks like they all share a green/gray wire so off to trace that next.

Just figured out that the other 3 switches in that column that share the green/gray register okay (3 bottom left bank targets), so it is just the optos failing.

#10396 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Looks like all 5 opto pairs are dead in switch testing. No bad wire connections at any of the 10 optos. Looks like they all share a green/gray wire so off to trace that next.
Just figured out that the other 3 switches in that column that share the green/gray register okay (3 bottom left bank targets), so it is just the optos failing.

Could it be the opto board under the playfield?

#10397 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Could it be the opto board under the playfield?

I’m wondering, but don’t really know how to test it.

BTW, another odd issue. When I go to SC test, normally a matrix is shown with magnet and opto status. Now, the labels are all there but the statuses are all blank (typically optos show as open or closed, and the mags also show there state).

In individual switch tests, all optos show open and will not close when path is blocked.

#10398 4 years ago

Okay, more data. I opened the backbox and F103 is blown on the PDB. I replaced it, and it immediately blows when power is turned on.

Any ideas? Could this possibly be an accelerator board issue instead of opto board?

#10399 4 years ago

I saw these engine start buttons today at the local electrical shop , I used to have a key start mod , has anyone used one of these engine start buttons , I think they would look really cool . If it's already been said and done my apologies

IMG_20200301_031140 (resized).jpgIMG_20200301_031140 (resized).jpg
#10400 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Any ideas? Could this possibly be an accelerator board issue instead of opto board?

If you are not getting 12 volts to the accelerator board it can blow the 50 volt fuse for the magnets. Check the 12 volts on the PDB. Also check the connections at J116, J117 and J118.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/208?hl=estroh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.