• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4875 (resized).jpeg
get2 (resized).jpg
get3 (resized).jpg
get1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4154 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt_la_canyons_15-4-120-14-24-33 (resized).jpg
IMG_4302 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
media-pinball-display-mounting-bracket (resized).jpg
IMG_7017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpeg

There are 13,738 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 275.
#10301 4 years ago

PM sent

#10302 4 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

Any one interested in trading their getaway sound board plus cash for my Pinsound board in my getaway? It came with my machine, but looking to get it all original

I have my original if you are still looking to trade.

#10303 4 years ago

Pinsound or PS+?

Edit: never mind I see I'm third in line

#10304 4 years ago

This is my lack of experience with pinsound, but looks like my FF speakers are for the pinsound board specifically and will not work with a standard sound board. It’s just too much hassle to get this switched out so I guess I’ll keep the pinsound and explore it.

Thanks for everyone who PMed me and helped me out

#10305 4 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

This is my lack of experience with pinsound, but looks like my FF speakers are for the pinsound board specifically and will not work with a standard sound board. It’s just too much hassle to get this switched out so I guess I’ll keep the pinsound and explore it.
Thanks for everyone who PMed me and helped me out

That doesn't make sense. Speakers should work fine with original sound board (would be a waste of good speakers, IMO). There would be some possible wiring changes you would need to make depending upon what the previous owner did, but how to do so is fully documented.

#10306 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

That doesn't make sense. Speakers should work fine with original sound board (would be a waste of good speakers, IMO). There would be some possible wiring changes you would need to make depending upon what the previous owner did, but how to do so is fully documented.

Not the case, FF makes speakers specific for Pinsound. Can cause problems if use original board. I confirmed this with the owner of FF previously.

#10307 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Not the case, FF makes speakers specific for Pinsound. Can cause problems if use original board. I confirmed this with the owner of FF previously.

It's a speaker - what is the acceptable power range, ohm specs, etc. Just because the design them to work optimally with PinSound (PinSound does the same with there speakers), it doesn't mean you can't use the speakers for other applications. I would want to understand the scientific/technical explanation of why certain speakers cannot be used in certain applications.

#10308 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

It's a speaker - what is the acceptable power range, ohm specs, etc. Just because the design them to work optimally with PinSound (PinSound does the same with there speakers), it doesn't mean you can't use the speakers for other applications. I would want to understand the scientific/technical explanation of why certain speakers cannot be used in certain applications.

I’m guessing the pinsound specific package from FF is missing the crossover on the cabinet speaker? Might make sense to see if you can buy one directly from FF.

#10309 4 years ago

That crossover is I believe a 60hz coil, The human voice (male) starts around 85hz, so effectively that coil clips the signal and splits it mid/sub...Pinsound speaker sets (and FF for Pinsound) apparently dont use the coil, and since it is also a stereo board my guess would be it manipulated digitally on the board as part of the emulation...A more pressing problem (IMO) would be the 8ohm resistance of those replacements(I know right, why?) , Originally those were only 4ohm speakers in a WPC not 8ohm (although it is not a problem if rewired as series)...I am thinking those are also doubling as a V/pin speaker/amp platform.

#10310 4 years ago

To my understanding speakers with higher resistance will not do harm to the amp. Lower resistance speakers will. The 8 ohm should be safe. If they sound good is a different question.

#10311 4 years ago

They won't sound good if the speakers are wrong, (unless you hook it in up series to be mono) it would take more power to drive a bigger resistance load, and consequently the amp would have to work harder to drive a load it wasn't designed for...In a best situation this would only manifest itself as excessive heat, and shorten the life of the board.

#10312 4 years ago
Quoted from Passave:

would take more power to drive a bigger resistance load

This is the case if the amp is current driven, which I think it is not. To my understanding the amp is voltage driven and the resulting current is simply lower as a result of the higher resistance. That in return results in less power to the speakers and in less output of the speakers are of similar quality.

The amp would have a problem with lower resistance speakers because more current will be drawn at the same voltage, overloading the amp. This is generally not the case.

Anyway, this is just more general knowledge of a few semesters of the basics of electronics, I got collaterally while studying physics. I didn't get into the details of amplifiers of this type to be certain about Williams ones. Curious tho how exactly they do it.

#10313 4 years ago

Further reading

If you connect your amplifier to the wrong speaker impedance, you risk damaging the amp. In tube amps, too high a load impedance (or a disconnected load) can result in damage to the output tubes or output transformer, while in solid state amps, if the speaker impedance is too low, the amplifier will tend to overheat and more power is used up in the amplifier than is delivered to the speaker. Too many speakers on a solid state amp can burn up the power output section.

#10314 4 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

in solid state amps, if the speaker impedance is too low, the amplifier will tend to overheat and more power is used up in the amplifier than is delivered to the speaker.

Thanks for the link. Apart from treating AC impedance and DC "Impedance"(=Resistance) as one and the same in that article, this is pretty much what I figured.

#10315 4 years ago

If you have Pinsound I made something for you to wake the neighbors with.

The main theme is "Trip Like I Do" by The Crystal Method. Loops from this track were assembled to provide increasing intensity as the game progresses. Other songs used include "Name of the Game," "Over the Line," "PHD" and "High Roller." I've *really* been enjoying making and playing this for the past few weeks.

All the "deep voice" callouts have been re-recorded by...well, by me. Discussion:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/203#post-5395830

The driver's "hop in" and "damn, they're shooting at us" are also voiced by me.

The hitchhiker is voiced by actor Jade Asha.

Many of the sound effects have been "stereoized" using a process discussed here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/205#post-5413080

I have one more very small tweak to make before I submit it to the Pinsound community (I've hired someone to re-do the "woohoo" sound that's played when you enter your initials). Meanwhile, below is a temporary download link. Place this ZIP at the root of your Pinsound USB drive and wait the customary 7 minutes for conversion. (I used OGG because it produces a zip file that's 6 times smaller.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/naaazaapw7hblw9/Getaway_spblat_TCM_v1.00_ogg.zip?dl=0

I would love to hear about your experiences with this mix.

Added over 4 years ago:

ETA: Once the pinsound moderators approve it, you can download 1.01 here: http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/306-getawayhs2_the_crystal_method_spblat/

#10316 4 years ago

Great high energy orchestration. Well done.

#10317 4 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

I think you just sold me on a Pinsound for my Getaway. That was amazing.

Also, nice game!

#10318 4 years ago

New decal that goes under lockdown bar. Hides all the old decals and rust, etc.

A8B9DF1B-F499-40A6-891A-AA067A29BB3E (resized).jpegA8B9DF1B-F499-40A6-891A-AA067A29BB3E (resized).jpeg
#10319 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

New decal that goes under lockdown bar. Hides all the old decals and rust, etc.[quoted image]

I made ones for both my old games, but Titan Pinball sells very high quality ones that I would recommend.

#10320 4 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

Just noticed that there are so many Getaway orchestrations there is now a second page. Not sure how they are sorted, but once spblat uploads his orchestration, you may need to go to page 2 to find it.

http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/22-getaway

#10321 4 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

Place this ZIP at the root of your Pinsound USB drive and wait the customary 7 minutes for conversion. (I used OGG because it produces a zip file that's 6 times smaller.)

Pinsound 1 will take much longer that 7 minutes. Easiest/quickest way is to do the conversion via FRE:AC | https://www.freac.org/en/downloads-mainmenu-33

I can do the full conversion in 1-2 minutes following this process:
- In FRE:AC set output to WAV
- Extract the zip file on your desktop (or wherever)
- Drag and drop the unzipped folder onto FRE:AC and you'll see all of the OGG files appear that are contained in all subfolders
- Click go button and watch the conversion take place
- When finished to a search in the parent orchestration folder for *.OGG
- When all results are listed, select all then delete . . . now you are left with just the WAV files
- Copy orchestration folder into the audio folder on your USB
- Now orchestration is fully ready to go once PinSound boots without having to do any conversion.

#10322 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

New decal that goes under lockdown bar. Hides all the old decals and rust, etc.[quoted image]

I used to use those. Now I just give mine a good clean and polish. The stickers are available from Marco.

IMG_4792D (resized).jpgIMG_4792D (resized).jpg
#10323 4 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

I used to use those. Now I just give mine a good clean and polish. The stickers are available from Marco.[quoted image]

I like how you listed the sound packages on apron card.

#10324 4 years ago

Question about the Getaway sound files, does anyone know what vocal tracks play after the ball drains? Sometimes I hear two tracks and sometime one. I have a few vocal tracks that are getting cut off but it really is not consistent from game to game. Thanks for the help!

#10325 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Question about the Getaway sound files, does anyone know what vocal tracks play after the ball drains? Sometimes I hear two tracks and sometime one. I have a few vocal tracks that are getting cut off but it really is not consistent from game to game. Thanks for the help!

Jingle 1180682125 plays when you roll over an outlane. In my Crystal Method mix above, sometimes it plays to completion and sometimes it’s cut off. I don’t think there’s much you can do except make it shorter.

Here’s everything I know about when each sound is played. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_d4t4_4rld1eYnJWBPAOxjI__DjUkDJ7wV4f9icH7QM/edit?usp=sharing

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10326 4 years ago

Does anyone offer the pin for the lift ramp? I ordered one from marco but its only like an inch long and doesn't work well. I had to stack washers behind it to get it functional and its still kinda wonky. I've seen pictures of a longer version and thats really what I need. Also if anyone has a spare for sale I'd be interested in it!

edit-solved

#10327 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Does anyone offer the pin for the lift ramp? I ordered one from marco but its only like an inch long and doesn't work well. I had to stack washers behind it to get it functional and its still kinda wonky. I've seen pictures of a longer version and thats really what I need. Also if anyone has a spare for sale I'd be interested in it!

Part number and/or pic would be helpful.

#10328 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Part number and/or pic would be helpful.

Actually I figured it out. On marco's website this is what they list: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4268 but it is too short to work properly as I described above.

Actual part you need is this: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4590

At least in theory. Just ordered one and I hope it works

detail (resized).jpgdetail (resized).jpglarge (resized).jpglarge (resized).jpg
#10329 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Actually I figured it out. On marco's website this is what they list: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4268 but it is too short to work properly as I described above.
Actual part you need is this: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4590
At least in theory. Just ordered one and I hope it works[quoted image][quoted image]

That definitely look more like it from what I recall from memory.

#10330 4 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

Jingle 1180682125 plays when you roll over an outlane. In my Crystal Method mix above, sometimes it plays to completion and sometimes it’s cut off. I don’t think there’s much you can do except make it shorter.
Here’s everything I know about when each sound is played. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_d4t4_4rld1eYnJWBPAOxjI__DjUkDJ7wV4f9icH7QM/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for the help. I thought it was two different files playing as the first cuts short then the next file plays completely.

#10331 4 years ago

Are new Speaker panels available?

#10332 4 years ago

Does anyone know where I can get just the police car with the interactive light bar? I see pinball pro sells the helicopter and car combo, but my pin already has the helicopter in it

#10333 4 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

Does anyone know where I can get just the police car with the interactive light bar? I see pinball pro sells the helicopter and car combo, but my pin already has the helicopter in it

That was originally a Mezel mod, but I don't think it is available anymore.

#10334 4 years ago

Here are some pics for those interested in my 3D traffic light (see link below) with colored inserts instead of clear as shown in the original post)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/174#post-4660976

IMG_3417.JPGIMG_3417.JPGIMG_3419.JPGIMG_3419.JPGIMG_3418.JPGIMG_3418.JPG
#10335 4 years ago

Just uploaded the Pulp Fiction orchestration to the Pinsound Community site. Appreciate any feedback. You may want to put the kids to bed before trying it. A few Motherf$&kers in the vocal track, etc.

Very fitting for Valentine’s Day

#10336 4 years ago

Short video of Pulp Fiction orchestration

#10337 4 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

The main theme is "Trip Like I Do" by The Crystal Method. Loops from this track were assembled to provide increasing intensity as the game progresses. Other songs used include "Name of the Game," "Over the Line," "PHD" and "High Roller." I've *really* been enjoying making and playing this for the past few weeks.
All the "deep voice" callouts have been re-recorded by...well, by me. Discussion:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/203#post-5395830
The driver's "hop in" and "damn, they're shooting at us" are also voiced by me.
The hitchhiker is voiced by actor Jade Asha.
Many of the sound effects have been "stereoized" using a process discussed here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/205#post-5413080
I have one more very small tweak to make before I submit it to the Pinsound community (I've hired someone to re-do the "woohoo" sound that's played when you enter your initials). Meanwhile, below is a temporary download link. Place this ZIP at the root of your Pinsound USB drive and wait the customary 7 minutes for conversion. (I used OGG because it produces a zip file that's 6 times smaller.)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/naaazaapw7hblw9/Getaway_spblat_TCM_v1.00_ogg.zip?dl=0

Damn. That is the coolest mod I’ve ever seen. Well done. I miss my Getaway.

#10338 4 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Damn. That is the coolest mod I’ve ever seen. Well done. I miss my Getaway.

Thank you! I've updated the hitchhiker callouts and the "woohoo" you get when you enter your initials.

I don't mind saying that I think my updates are suitable for any Getaway reorchestration. I'll be uploading v1.01 of my Crystal Method mix to the pinsound community today. Download it, delete the music and replace with your own

EDIT:
v1.0.1 of my Crystal Method Getaway mix is posted

EDIT 2: oh. It's pending approval

#10339 4 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

I do not have a PinSound but this one, in my opinion, is by far the best I've heard. Everything blends well even with some of the old sounds effects and yet very modern. Awesome job!

#10340 4 years ago

Finally got some video of my Pendulum Getaway pinsound mix (apologize for the sort of meh audio). I will go back and update it soon now that there has been a ton of improvements in the original assets by everyone here, but for the time being, enjoy!

Edit: i just uploaded V6 (pending) which has some volume tweaks as well as trimmed a couple of the music files to blend together better. Will do a new video soon.

package download here: http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/295-hs2-the-getaway-coyohtays-pendulum-dnb-mix/

#10341 4 years ago

Received my Stop light upgrade from Mr. Tantrum today. Installed it and it looks great. Highly recommend!

#10342 4 years ago

PM me if anyone needs some plastic protectors and the one clear plastic neat stoplight.

D2300541-51B7-4DE2-A7AE-FD4CAC49F8F1 (resized).jpegD2300541-51B7-4DE2-A7AE-FD4CAC49F8F1 (resized).jpeg
#10343 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

PM me if anyone needs some plastic protectors and the one clear plastic near the stoplight.[quoted image]

#10344 4 years ago

Sweet coffee table!!

#10345 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Sweet coffee table!!

Thanks.

#10346 4 years ago

For some god awful reason I'm not getting the correct voltages to my opto board below the playfield. Not getting 12v. Getting ~1v. Upon boot up I'm getting errors for opto 84 and 85. I have 12v on the power driver board too. I have gone through a lot of testing and I have to head to bed. So I'm hoping someone out there has experienced this and can point me in the right direction.

#10347 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

For some god awful reason I'm not getting the correct voltages to my opto board below the playfield. Not getting 12v. Getting ~1v. Upon boot up I'm getting errors for opto 84 and 85. I have 12v on the power driver board too. I have gone through a lot of testing and I have to head to bed. So I'm hoping someone out there has experienced this and can point me in the right direction.

Disregard. Turns out that the issue is I'm an idiot. Details coming later in my Resto series.

#10348 4 years ago

Just installed the "Donut Heaven" mod from Mr. Tantrum. Took 5 mins, very easy install - and is absolutely a MUST have mod. Great quality.

20200224_112431 (resized).jpg20200224_112431 (resized).jpg
#10349 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Just installed the "Donut Heaven" mod from Mr. Tantrum. Took 5 mins, very easy install - and is absolutely a MUST have mod. Great quality.

Looks great! Just to be sure, what is the color combination you chose - Red Sign, Black Roof/Trim, White Building?

#10350 4 years ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Looks great! Just to be sure, what is the color combination you chose - Red Sign, Black Roof/Trim, White Building?

Black roof, red trim, red donut topper

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
There are 13,738 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/207?hl=pinballjah and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.