• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 277.
#10051 4 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

My supercharger was also making noises when there were no balls in there. The cause was a loose opto emitter. I removed the supercharger cover and went into the switch test screen. Wiggling one of the opto emitters caused the switch to fire because the beam wasn’t quite making it through the hole across the channel. In fact several of the screws had started to back out. Tightened them back down again and all is well. Hope this simpler cause solves it for you. Maybe the shaker was the last straw getting those screws to start backing out?

Thanks for the tip but this isn't the issue. The supercharger noise is an issue when hitting the top pop bumper. I know it isn't the supercharger itself as it happens everytime I hit the pop.

#10052 4 years ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

PIN2DMD looks to be very interesting but what about the legal end of things? Is your work and that of others transferable?

The topic has been discussed at length in other threads. From my perspective there is not an issue nor has any legal action been officially taken against the creators/distributors of the hardware nor the colonizations. Just a lot of claims and verbal bullying thrown around.

#10053 4 years ago

Switches work in test but not gameplay.

15,16,17,18 which are freeway switches. I found very little info on how to diagnose problem above. Mpu was sent out for test and redid mpu connectors. All switch center spade connectors were soldered. Diodes and switches were checked.

Chris Hibler has me start game then disconnect J-212. Then remove connector #1. This is for start button and plumb bob tilt which are in same column of non reading switches. Reconnected J-212 without #1 in it. Switches now worked in gameplay.

Game had a checkpoint start key. Problem was tracked down to red /gray power wire . It should not have been connected to to the start key as it has no light. Voltage must have been interfering with the other switches in column.

Just wanted to post to hopefully help someone in future with switch working in test but not play. Thanks Chris . Nice to finally get out of first gear...

A3E46986-81C3-408C-864E-08310B580DE6 (resized).jpegA3E46986-81C3-408C-864E-08310B580DE6 (resized).jpeg76DB5BF3-AB55-435D-9012-C8074FE35331 (resized).jpeg76DB5BF3-AB55-435D-9012-C8074FE35331 (resized).jpeg13DD0908-D2D0-4841-A524-86EE51C3DB35 (resized).jpeg13DD0908-D2D0-4841-A524-86EE51C3DB35 (resized).jpegAA212063-24D9-4E6B-8B8B-09E1F722D803 (resized).jpegAA212063-24D9-4E6B-8B8B-09E1F722D803 (resized).jpeg
#10054 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Switches work in test but not gameplay.
15,16,17,18 which are freeway switches. I found very little info on how to diagnose problem above. Mpu was sent out for test and redid mpu connectors. All switch center spade connectors were soldered. Diodes and switches were checked.
Chris Hibler has me start game then disconnect J-212. Then remove connector #1. This is for start button and plumb bob tilt which are in same column of non reading switches. Reconnected J-212 without #1 in it. Switches now worked in gameplay.
Game had a checkpoint start key. Problem was tracked down to red /gray power wire . It should not have been connected to to the start key as it has no light. Voltage must have been interfering with the other switches in column.
Just wanted to post to hopefully help someone in future with switch working in test but not play. Thanks Chris . Nice to finally get out of first gear...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Chris is a good man and extremely knowledgeable plus he also does great board work. I'm glad he got you squared away

#10055 4 years ago

One question. When you carefully push in the right flipper button, which flipper activates first? Top right or bottom right?

#10056 4 years ago

Bottom right is supposed to fire first. I believe this applies to L-2 and up. It’s so you can trap a ball down below and make the upper jackpot shot.

#10057 4 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

Bottom right is supposed to fire first. I believe this applies to L-2 and up. It’s so you can trap a ball down below and make the upper jackpot shot.

2 state flippers are a feature of L5, not L2. I believe that most Getaway owners are running L2 as the best featured version. However, I would assume that L5 is second most popular.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin#post-1407040

#10058 4 years ago

Sound Board Wiring!

This pic is of my Getaway 504 and 505 plugs. They were mangled, incorrect plugs, so I have replaced them..However, I dont think its correct...

Schematic shows 504 & 505 only have a single wire on them...

http://www.dziedzic.us/wpc_speaker_sound_info.html that shows single wires too for each plug for Getaway

I wonder if this a known upgrade for handling volume control or something similar?

Sound works..I'm tempted to leave it..But you know...

Screenshot 2019-12-12 21.46.27 (resized).pngScreenshot 2019-12-12 21.46.27 (resized).png
#10059 4 years ago

Does this look like it's wired correctly?

20191212_172916 (resized).jpg20191212_172916 (resized).jpg
#10060 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

2 state flippers are a feature of L5, not L2. I believe that most Getaway owners are running L2 as the best featured version. However, I would assume that L5 is second most popular.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin#post-1407040

Mine has a double leaf pack, should be software independent, no?

Not that it matters I suppose just curious now. I use P-C. L2 feels like it scores too easy. Haven't investigated but definitely higher than L5 or P-C which is the best, IMO.

#10061 4 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

Not that it matters I suppose just curious

That's what I thought too, but it is software controlled. I replaced L2 with L5 and voila, 2 stage flippers.

#10062 4 years ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

That's what I thought too, but it is software controlled. I replaced L2 with L5 and voila, 2 stage flippers.

Quoted from pkrobin:

Not that it matters I suppose just curious now. I use P-C. L2 feels like it scores too easy. Haven't investigated but definitely higher than L5 or P-C which is the best, IMO.

Now do you believe me?

#10063 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Now do you believe me?

Believe schmelieve. If I knew for sure I wouldn't have added "no?" One more reason to ditch that lame L2 rom.

#10064 4 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

Believe schmelieve. If I knew for sure I wouldn't have added "no?" One more reason to ditch that lame L2 rom.

It's all good.

#10065 4 years ago

Installed the mountain mod and the new traffic light, both look great.

IMG_5965 (resized).jpgIMG_5965 (resized).jpg
#10066 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Installed the mountain mod and the new traffic light, both look great.[quoted image]

Those look sweet! Where on earth did you acquire such awesome mods?

#10067 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

It's all good.

Of course. Hehe.

#10068 4 years ago

Does anyone have a contact for the Getaway PIN2DMD file? Thanks.

#10069 4 years ago

its free to download over at VPU , LMK how you like it.
I am currently working on adding a working Video Mode

#10070 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

its free to download over at VPU , LMK how you like it.
I am currently working on adding a working Video Mode

Thanks very much! What percent would you say is complete?

#10071 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks very much! What percent would you say is complete?

read this thread or the infomration at VPU. it'S all there. dont be lazy and load that on others.

#10073 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I'd say 96.923%

lowballer! its clearly 97.541% complete

#10075 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJimmy:

Guys, I need some help.
My GHSII was my favorite game. But lately I am having an issue when I hit the top pop bumper the supercharger sound is played. It stays this way for a while. This is making game play a drag.
Not sure what caused this. At around the same time I installed a Pinsound and custom soundtrack I also blew a IC on the board by shorting the coil. I replaced the IC. Might have caused the issue then.
Any thoughts on what it could be?

Anyone have any thoughts on what this could be?

1 week later
#10076 4 years ago

To update my post from forever ago, the pinduino was making F112 blow (taking out the flippers , slingshots, and launcher) and eventually taking out the 5V as well. Pulled the pinduino and replaced the fuses, ran through the switch test to clear the credit dot and everything is right as rain. Well, except I cant have that awesome pinduino mod in Getaway :/

I'll prolly order the pinblades and some other stickers for it and call it done. I really gotta get my ginger ass in gear and start my T2 PF swap

#10077 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

To update my post from forever ago, the pinduino was making F112 blow (taking out the flippers , slingshots, and launcher) and eventually taking out the 5V as well. Pulled the pinduino and replaced the fuses, ran through the switch test to clear the credit dot and everything is right as rain. Well, except I cant have that awesome pinduino mod in Getaway :/
I'll prolly order the pinblades and some other stickers for it and call it done. I really gotta get my ginger ass in gear and start my T2 PF swap

I wonder if there's a short somewhere on your pinduino board...I actually may have my spare one sitting around if you wanted to test it.

#10078 4 years ago

Its on its way back to the vendor, they'll test everything out and we'll go from there. I'm just happy to be able to play it again. Now when I take breaks from woking on T2's PF swap, I can get in some much needed Getaway time!

T2PF1 (resized).jpgT2PF1 (resized).jpg

I always said my first PF swap would be my last, but in retrospect Comet wasnt that bad to do lol. Im a little worried about the canon and T800 head but it needed done. Im hoping this goes smooth so maybe I'll be willing to do a Getaway PF swap next

I am going to rewire the service outlet to only come on with the game so I can run an external power supply for the Pin2DMD. Im about 20% done the video mode coloring.

#10079 4 years ago

Hey guys, since I originally posted the issue with my Pop Bumper here I thought I would post the outcome. Issue has been resolved and it turns out it was a wiring issue I caused by wiring the diode incorrectly.

Here is the thread if anyone else has a similar issue https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-hs-sound-issue-need-advice#post-5381358

#10080 4 years ago

Hi guys! I have a Getaway and going to make it one of the top10 most awesome builds on planet earth...Glad you guys are here to join me!...Lol.

#10081 4 years ago
Quoted from Passave:

Hi guys! I have a Getaway and going to make it one of the top10 most awesome builds on planet earth...Glad you guys are here to join me!...Lol.

Welcome! Can't wait to see your most awesome build! Enjoy

#10082 4 years ago
Quoted from Passave:

Congrats. As far as top 10 go, I'd first see how many Getaway restores HEP has done over the years, then you can be the number immediately after that.

Awesome thread to follow if you are not aware of it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18

#10083 4 years ago

You guys are pretty harsh, 202 Pages of thread, and than some hep, lots of nice, nice machines, I may have to step up my game some to make the grade...Hello Malenco guess who is wearing her giant sunglasses? (Giggle).

#10084 4 years ago
Quoted from Passave:

You guys are pretty harsh, 202 Pages of thread, and than some hep, lots of nice, nice machines, I may have to step up my game some to make the grade...Hello Malenco guess who is wearing her giant sunglasses? (Giggle).

Looking forward to see what you do with your game. I always appreciate it when someone puts some love into a Getaway.

#10085 4 years ago

I can see that...Love the shaker/ pinsound thing you did, and really curious to look into that a bit deeper...For now my Hot mess is over at byoac, "Jenns hot mess" part 2.

#10086 4 years ago
Quoted from Passave:

I can see that...Love the shaker/ pinsound thing you did, and really curious to look into that a bit deeper...For now my Hot mess is over at byoac, "Jenns hot mess" part 2.

You missed me so much you followed me to pinside?

#10087 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

You missed me so much you followed me to pinside?

Before you go get a big head, I finally got to the end of little miss Getaways secrets, and now get to look at other builds as part of my unbiased research....And Oh my, lots to look at could have saved years on that build, currently looking into pinsound, (have you seen MrTs shaker thing?) The sound board seems a little less than OEM as far as quality (Imo) but that could just be modern vs old, however ...anyway Dance,Dance!

#10088 4 years ago

Tantrum is great, got a ton of stuff for my HS2. The shooter lane and Donut Heaven stickers are must haves.

Pinsounds are a pretty penny but are pretty awesom etoo, especially for using replacement sounds and music. I'd get one and a shaker but they are cost prohibitive for me. I can barely afford the run down pins I buy as it is.

#10089 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Tantrum is great, got a ton of stuff for my HS2. The shooter lane and Donut Heaven stickers are must haves.
Pinsounds are a pretty penny but are pretty awesom etoo, especially for using replacement sounds and music. I'd get one and a shaker but they are cost prohibitive for me. I can barely afford the run down pins I buy as it is.

I was very skeptical about pinsound due to the prohibitive price. However after installing four of them (T2, IJ, HS2, WWFRR) I feel that it is one of the biggest improvements you can make to any machine ( if there is a high quality re-orchestration available ). It really brings these machines to life while still authentic to the original mix with a huge boost to immersiveness. On my HS2 I have a volume control which allows me to switch between 6 different sound packages on the fly, which really keeps things interesting. I am a full pinsound believer.

#10090 4 years ago

I'm a pinsound believer too, I'm just poor.

#10091 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Yeah, they are prohibitively expensive, but these guys need to get their R&D costs back somehow. The material cost of the board is probably $100, but these guys have spent years getting the software to work with WMS/WPC/Stern/DE etc.

#10092 4 years ago

Yes, me too Jenni lives half alive (you have seen my house ), and babysitting 100+ machines is NOT helping...However, I dont feel as we have a choice in the matter, we will be dead and forgotten long before these machines...So Pinsound it is! (And popcorn for dinner).

#10093 4 years ago

Well, I’ve absolutely drank the PinSound Koolaid. I’ve decked out both my Getaway and Jurassic Park with PinsSound boards, shakers, speakers, and headphone stations. Then come all of my custom orchestrations for Getaway and customization of JP, along with doing these shakerizations for PinSound. I can’t say enough positive things about the brothers and their products.

I’ve also done several orchestrations and shakerizations for games I don’t own, but others have commissioned me to create them.

I have a Guide to PinSound thread that needs updating given all the new hardware and software, but who knows when I might get around to that: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tantrums-guide-to-pinsound

I also have a YouTube channel that features most of my Getaway orchestrations for those who are interested: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZMqNYihUmFxrzM2MmxBHzg

Orchestrations are here:
http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/22-getaway

Finally, I’m always happy to help with PinSound related questions. Just PM me or post here in the thread if about Getaway and you think others would benefit from the conversation.

#10094 4 years ago
Quoted from Passave:

...guess who is wearing her giant sunglasses?

Is there a lady among us now? If so, that's great as this hobby should be enjoyed by everyone (not just us middle-aged men).

Not to stereotype genders, but you know what I think would be awesome? How about a Getaway retheme based upon Barbie's pink glam convertible? Hot pink side rails, legs, coin door, playfield accents, etc. would be great. I'd even provide one of my custom Donut Heaven mods with the pink glazed donut on the side of the building for free.

#10095 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

You may be poor, but we're all richer for having you in the club. Thanks for everything you contribute, especially your Getaway PIN2DMD colorization project!

#10096 4 years ago

That is U..G..L..Y...omg, I am thinking long sleepless nights cursing at a monypit...But upside, quite the upgrade, Thanks for those links ,and all the work you did on that project mrT, that had to have been a brutal project out of the gate.

#10097 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

On my HS2 I have a volume control which allows me to switch between 6 different sound packages on the fly, which really keeps things interesting. I am a full pinsound believer.

I have never been able to get my Pinsound to play multiple orchestrations on my Getaway. Always cuts out any non music sounds. Still baffled.

#10098 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I have never been able to get my Pinsound to play multiple orchestrations on my Getaway. Always cuts out any non music sounds. Still baffled.

Yeah, really not sure what your issue may be as I've had multiple orchestrations from the beginning (I'm running 7 or 8 now), and they switch perfectly - the exterior headphone station is a must for this.

#10099 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, I’ve absolutely drank the PinSound Koolaid. I’ve decked out both my Getaway and Jurassic Park with PinsSound boards, shakers, speakers, and headphone stations. Then come all of my custom orchestrations for Getaway and customization of JP, along with doing these shakerizations for PinSound. I can’t say enough positive things about the brothers and their products.
I’ve also done several orchestrations and shakerizations for games I don’t own, but others have commissioned me to create them.
I have a Guide to PinSound thread that needs updating given all the new hardware and software, but who knows when I might get around to that: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tantrums-guide-to-pinsound
I also have a YouTube channel that features most of my Getaway orchestrations for those who are interested: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZMqNYihUmFxrzM2MmxBHzg
Orchestrations are here:
http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/22-getaway
Finally, I’m always happy to help with PinSound related questions. Just PM me or post here in the thread if about Getaway and you think others would benefit from the conversation.

Thanks for all you do for Getaway owners! I confess that I don't like the callouts in the alternative Pinsound mixes. So I recorded my own!

https://clyp.it/1bish2ew

Permission is granted to download, remix and reuse this audio for noncommercial use. I haven't heard these through anything but my own headphones (my only pinsound is in a TZ) so if they need adjusting or you want the original audio to mess with, just give a yell.

#10100 4 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

Thanks for all you do for Getaway owners! I confess that I don't like the callouts in the alternative Pinsound mixes. So I recorded my own!
https://clyp.it/1bish2ew
Permission is granted to download, remix and reuse this audio for noncommercial use. I haven't heard these through anything but my own headphones (my only pinsound is in a TZ) so if they need adjusting or you want the original audio to mess with, just give a yell.

Hey, those are pretty good, and sound close to the original. I'm going to stick them in an orchestration to see how they sound in the game. The ones I have in all of my remixes were done by professional voice actors. Even then, I ended up digitally modifying most of them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 20.00
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Trade
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/202?hl=biglouie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.