• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 277.
#10001 4 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Hi guys, just joined the club and just found this forum today. Thanks for all of the LED ideas and mods (my wallet doesn't thank you).
One thing I am looking for that I cannot find is this Williams Speaker Panel Grill, can they be purchased? Mine looks rusty and doesn't have the Williams logo.
Dave[quoted image]

It may be easier to find a printers to get some vinyl cut as a mask then respray yours.

#10002 4 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Hi guys, just joined the club and just found this forum today. Thanks for all of the LED ideas and mods (my wallet doesn't thank you).
One thing I am looking for that I cannot find is this Williams Speaker Panel Grill, can they be purchased? Mine looks rusty and doesn't have the Williams logo.
Dave[quoted image]

I would suggest painting them yourselves if you have the skill and tools. I would remove them, spray them black, print a template on adhesive, cut, apply, spray orange/red, remove template and spray clear, re-install and call it a day.

Probably sounds a lot easier than it really is.

#10003 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

206/207 no difference on the board. But I still think you popped U-20.

Thank you Grumpy for your help. I got the chip order and should be here Monday.

#10004 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:206/207 no difference on the board. But I still think you popped U-20.

Replaced U20 and the shifter now works. Now my flipper are not working. Has to be something simple.

#10005 4 years ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

Now my flipper are not working.

Check the ribbon cable from Cpu to flipper board. Check cabinet switch and EOS switches in switch test. You may have popped a LM339 chip on the fliptronic board when you popped U-20.

#10006 4 years ago

I am looking for used mou and power board

#10007 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Today's Initial Mountain Order Update
All of the mountains are painted and clear coated. Just waiting for paint to dry for a few hours, then I'll install lighting and they are ready to ship as soon as the clear plastics arrive. FYI, clear is still wet in these photos, but will dry to a satin finish.[quoted image][quoted image]

Are these still available @mr_tantrum, any idea about shipping to the UK ?

#10008 4 years ago
Quoted from nutty:

Are these still available mr_tantrum, any idea about shipping to the UK ?

I have one professionally cut plastic remaining to pair with one more mountain (I also have one hand cut one, which is not as smooth). PM me with your address and I will provide a shipping quote.

#10009 4 years ago

Im looking for a flipper cabinet switch. The one at Marco's is sold out( https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-15058)
Is there an alternative switch that I can use?

#10010 4 years ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

Im looking for a flipper cabinet switch. The one at Marco's is sold out( https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-15058)
Is there an alternative switch that I can use?

#10011 4 years ago

Check coin taker site. Pretty sure I got mine there.

#10012 4 years ago

Sw1A -192 Cointaker has in stock.

#10013 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Sw1A -192 Cointaker has in stock. Reuse your cable for plug in.

#10014 4 years ago

I've been a club member for a few.weeks now, it's.my first pin and I love it. I'm working through everything, learning as I go, fixing on failures!

I notice a couple of empty holes on the underside right of the PF that look suspiciously like they are meant to have GI. But there isn't any wiring for it.

Could a kind club member, Pinsider confirm if I'm missing bits and bobs?

Much appreciated..

Rob

IMG_20191201_141557 (resized).jpgIMG_20191201_141557 (resized).jpg
#10015 4 years ago
Quoted from Biglouie:

I've been a club member for a few.weeks now, it's.my first pin and I love it. I'm working through everything, learning as I go, fixing on failures!
I notice a couple of empty holes on the underside right of the PF that look suspiciously like they are meant to have GI. But there isn't any wiring for it.
Could a kind club member, Pinsider confirm if I'm missing bits and bobs?
Much appreciated..
Rob[quoted image]

Welcome! Those were left open for whatever reason but some of us have filled those in with sockets and bulbs and others have used led strips over the holes...

#10016 4 years ago

thanks tiltmonster appreciate that.

I think a couple of green LEDs in there would work well in the machine. I'll do some reading on how to wire that in

Ta

#10017 4 years ago

Spot the guy that just got a Getaway....Sorry for all the posts...I have now read 152 of the previous post pages from this thread.... but all your help has been gratefully received and acted upon!

Looks like my BALL LANE FEEDER ASSEMBLY is bent out of shape, I get a poor return into the lane, it bounces back into the trough quite often.

I assume these are meant to be straight arms? Or are they meant to have a little bend in them?

I think this is definitely why my scores are utter dog shit.. </sarcasm>

All help much appreciated

Rob

Screenshot 2019-12-06 12.28.17 (resized).pngScreenshot 2019-12-06 12.28.17 (resized).png
#10018 4 years ago
Quoted from Biglouie:

Looks like my BALL LANE FEEDER ASSEMBLY is bent out of shape, I get a poor return into the lane, it bounces back into the trough quite often.

The bounce back is not related to that arm being bent, IMHO. The Languide underneath the apron is what defines the angle of the ball entering the shooter lane and that is what needs to be adapted. Regardless, straightening that arm wont harm. The bounceback into the trough seems to be a common issue though.

#10019 4 years ago

I just wanted to thank everyone who purchased 3D mountains for their interest and support. Quite honestly, that ended up being a much larger effort than I initially expected (I'm really kind of tired of making them - the 24 hour print is not so bad, but I really dislike painting them for some reason). I've now sold out of the professionally cut mountain plastics, and for upcoming one-off orders I will be providing hand cut versions (I would need at least 10 orders for it to make sense for me to buy more cut ones).

I'm hopefully about to shut things down for the Christmas holiday, and give this elf some time off from making toys year around. So, if you want any of my mods before Christmas, now is the time to order. For the Getaway newbies, my items are all listed here: http://thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball, and you can PM me with whatever you might be interested in for a final quote and payment arrangements.

#10020 4 years ago

I still gotta get the target stickers, the super charger sticker, and something else Im forgetting from you. Eugene is sending my boards back today so I should have a functional game again next week!

Dunno if you updated your files but I do have an ugly functional video mode working now

#10021 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I still gotta get the target stickers, the super charger sticker, and something else Im forgetting from you. Eugene is sending my boards back today so I should have a functional game again next week!
Dunno if you updated your files but I do have an ugly functional video mode working now

Actually, been out of town due to my wife's mom passing, so haven't been doing much pinball wise. Trying to get caught up, but have a terribly busy weekend. Even so, I'm eager to check out what you've done.

#10022 4 years ago

My condolences :/

#10023 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

My condolences :/

Thank you.

I just gave your latest colorization a try . . . very impressive.

#10024 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Sw1A -192 Cointaker has in stock.

I'm not finding this at their web site. Or any web site. Truth be known, I'm not sure now what I need for the right handed flipper. What I have now is or looks to be a bumper switch. From what I have read so far, what I need is a duel switch? And how would I wire this up?? Got any pictures to help out with?

20191206_212938 (resized).jpg20191206_212938 (resized).jpg
#10025 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I just wanted to thank everyone who purchased 3D mountains for their interest and support. Quite honestly, that ended up being a much larger effort than I initially expected (I'm really kind of tired of making them - the 24 hour print is not so bad, but I really dislike painting them for some reason). I've now sold out of the professionally cut mountain plastics, and for upcoming one-off orders I will be providing hand cut versions (I would need at least 10 orders for it to make sense for me to buy more cut ones).
I'm hopefully about to shut things down for the Christmas holiday, and give this elf some time off from making toys year around. So, if you want any of my mods before Christmas, now is the time to order. For the Getaway newbies, my items are all listed here: http://thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball, and you can PM me with whatever you might be interested in for a final quote and payment arrangements.

Man not now! I still have 50 more pages to read in this thread before I can even wrap my head around what you have to offer!!

#10026 4 years ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

I'm not finding this at their web site. Or any web site. Truth be known, I'm not sure now what I need for the right handed flipper. What I have now is or looks to be a bumper switch. From what I have read so far, what I need is a duel switch? And how would I wire this up?? Got any pictures to help out with?[quoted image]

Sorry im out of town of town do I can’t check my game. That part number is avail on Cointaker. I found it on there.

#10027 4 years ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

I'm not finding this at their web site. Or any web site. Truth be known, I'm not sure now what I need for the right handed flipper. What I have now is or looks to be a bumper switch. From what I have read so far, what I need is a duel switch? And how would I wire this up?? Got any pictures to help out with?[quoted image]

That part number has three blades. $9.95 and there is a picture. Search switch on Cointaker.

#10028 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

That part number has three blades. $9.95 and there is a picture. Search switch on Cointaker.

Stock switch should have a quick disconnect. Does not look like yours has the factory one. Worst case just solder the wires together.

#10029 4 years ago
0EDA5480-6568-44E8-9CF2-773145607567 (resized).png0EDA5480-6568-44E8-9CF2-773145607567 (resized).png
#10030 4 years ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

Man not now! I still have 50 more pages to read in this thread before I can even wrap my head around what you have to offer!!

lol, just trust him. Tantrum has the good stuff, just buy everything in his store you won't regret it.

#10031 4 years ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

What I have now is or looks to be a bumper switch.

You are also missing a wire too.

#10032 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

The bounce back is not related to that arm being bent, IMHO. The Languide underneath the apron is what defines the angle of the ball entering the shooter lane and that is what needs to be adapted. Regardless, straightening that arm wont harm. The bounceback into the trough seems to be a common issue though.

Thx for coming back. I've straightened up the arm, seems to have helped and I've had a look at guide as well. There is a fair bit of movement in that whole assembly.

#10033 4 years ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

Maybe these photos will help?

leaf switch (resized).jpgleaf switch (resized).jpg

Outlet correct resized (resized).jpgOutlet correct resized (resized).jpg
#10034 4 years ago

I mean who does this?

ohgodwhy.jpgohgodwhy.jpg

Other fun tidbits about this new-to-me machine besides the plunger hole somebody seems to have gouged out with a rusty spoon:

1) A switch fuse and a coil fuse had been replaced with automotive blade fuses, with an adapter soldered onto the fuse terminal

2) 943 minutes play time, 45,000 minutes on. That’s why my DMD board is cooked

3) The service buttons were flopping around loose, unscrewed from the coin door. The back button had stopped working and the workaround was to jam a pair of garden shears in to short the connection instead of making a repair

4) Dirty but perfect playfield. Diamond plate for the win!

#10035 4 years ago

I'm thinking about getting the ColorDMD but I don't know which one to get the LED or the LCD. What are the Pro's and Con's?

#10036 4 years ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

I'm thinking about getting the ColorDMD but I don't know which one to get the LED or the LCD. What are the Pro's and Con's?

Uh oh, this again... this will end up being totally subjective. There are plenty of photos and opinions on both but I had an led (on my Shadow) and sent it back for LCD. I own 2 lcd screens and prefer their versatility. They don't fit like a glove like led but there is no white light bleed on the display and they aren't as bright which is ok for me because the led was too bright and gave me headaches. Either way it's a great upgrade

#10037 4 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Uh oh, this again... this will end up being totally subjective. There are plenty of photos and opinions on both but I had an led (on my Shadow) and sent it back for LCD. I own 2 lcd screens and prefer their versatility. They don't fit like a glove like led but there is no white light bleed on the display and they aren't as bright which is ok for me because the led was too bright and gave me headaches. Either way it's a great upgrade

My input is this:

- Classic DMD games (like Getaway), I prefer the dot pattern of the LED version (resembles the original DMD).
- New DMD games with video and lots of animations, I prefer the LCD version (personally I cannot stand the enhanced mode or whatever it is called with the cartoonish look to it).

#10038 4 years ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

LED will be brighter, so much so that you might get reflections in the playfield glass. Filters are available to mitigate this. LED is a simpler install because the size is a perfect match, and some people think LED is better because when it’s black it’s totally black. The LCD uses a bit more power, and gives more options about how the images are processed. Big dots, small dots, square pixels, smoothing effects. I have LCD in my TZ. I love it but I’ll be using LED in my Getaway.

#10039 4 years ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

You will need to check some machines out and see what you personally like better. Some like the led, some don't. I installed an LED in Getaway and hated the way it looked compared to the LCD, but that is just my preference. Others really like the look.

#10040 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

You will need to check some machines out and see what you personally like better. Some like the led, some don't. I installed an LED in Getaway and hated the way it looked compared to the LCD, but that is just my preference. Others really like the look.

This ^

LCD can do the smooth animations (some call it cartoonish) which I really like but it can do dots and xl dots too. In the end it's like Kawydud said, you'll have to decide for yourself

#10041 4 years ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

I vote LCD. A lot more options. I have both. Pretty well you can copy the LED look with the LCD anyway.

Funny, I am thinking of swapping out my LCD from my Getaway back to the original. Don’t really think it is worth it in a Getaway, rather use the dmd on my AC/DC.

#10042 4 years ago

You may want to consider PIN2DMD as well. A lot cheaper option but full colorization not there yet.

#10043 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

You may want to consider PIN2DMD as well. A lot cheaper option but full colorization not there yet.

Other than the burn rubber maps (its done by a palette change instead of a full colorization) and a complete video mode, its done (I did it). There are 2 partial video modes, one where the mountain is done, and one where the dynamic car is done.

WOB did a vid of a near final build:

There is a glitch where the hitch hiker's hair turns brown on the VPIN but not on the real pin.

As for LED vs LCD for color DMD, it will always come down to preference. I prefer LED. And I think the 2x SAI (Scale and Interpolation) looks awful and my hate for it runs deep. I thought it looked like shit back when MAME did it like 15+ years ago

#10044 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Other than the burn rubber maps (its done by a palette change instead of a full colorization) and a complete video mode, its done (I did it). There are 2 partial video modes, one where the mountain is done, and one where the dynamic car is done.
There is a glitch where the hitch hiker's hair turns brown on the VPIN but not on the real pin.
As for LED vs LCD for color DMD, it will always come down to preference. I prefer LED. And I think the 2x SAI (Scale and Interpolation) looks awful and my hate for it runs deep. I thought it looked like shit back when MAME did it like 15+ years ago

When I look back a couple of years ago when I undertook the Getaway colorization, made some progress, and then was legally threatened by ColorDMD and Planetary Pinball, I can't begin to express how impressed I am with what you have accomplished. I don't think that many truly understand the time, work, and creativity/problem solving you have dedicated to this. I know there are several of us who greatly appreciate you and your results.

#10045 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Looks pretty complete to me. Great work! Hoping to try this once my PIN2DMD order arrives.

#10046 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

PIN2DMD looks to be very interesting but what about the legal end of things? Is your work and that of others transferable?

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

When I look back a couple of years ago when I undertook the Getaway colorization, made some progress, and then was legally threatened by ColorDMD and Planetary Pinball, I can't begin to express how impressed I am with what you have accomplished. I don't think that many truly understand the time, work, and creativity/problem solving you have dedicated to this. I know there are several of us who greatly appreciate you and your results.

#10047 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I think the 2x SAI (Scale and Interpolation) looks awful and my hate for it runs deep. I thought it looked like shit back when MAME did it like 15+ years ago

Couldn’t agree more. To each their own but I’ve always felt this approach (in pinball or in retro gaming) adds no information, makes no improvement, and detracts from the nostalgia of the source material.

#10048 4 years ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

PIN2DMD looks to be very interesting but what about the legal end of things? Is your work and that of others transferable?

I don't know about any of that legal noise but I will say it's pretty easy swapping out my ColorDMD to any of their supported games with a mere download and I'm all set...

#10049 4 years ago

Guys, I need some help.

My GHSII was my favorite game. But lately I am having an issue when I hit the top pop bumper the supercharger sound is played. It stays this way for a while. This is making game play a drag.

Not sure what caused this. At around the same time I installed a Pinsound and custom soundtrack I also blew a IC on the board by shorting the coil. I replaced the IC. Might have caused the issue then.

Any thoughts on what it could be?

#10050 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJimmy:

Guys, I need some help.
My GHSII was my favorite game. But lately I am having an issue when I hit the top pop bumper the supercharger sound is played. It stays this way for a while. This is making game play a drag.
Not sure what caused this. At around the same time I installed a Pinsound and custom soundtrack I also blew a IC on the board by shorting the coil. I replaced the IC. Might have caused the issue then.
Any thoughts on what it could be?

My supercharger was also making noises when there were no balls in there. The cause was a loose opto emitter. I removed the supercharger cover and went into the switch test screen. Wiggling one of the opto emitters caused the switch to fire because the beam wasn’t quite making it through the hole across the channel. In fact several of the screws had started to back out. Tightened them back down again and all is well. Hope this simpler cause solves it for you. Maybe the shaker was the last straw getting those screws to start backing out?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/201?hl=red-line and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.