• L3 8 votes
    3%
  • L5 91 votes
    34%
  • P7 7 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 267 votes by 266 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,013 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
Getaway.JPG.pdf (PDF preview)
wires2.jpg
wires1.jpg
getaway005 (resized).jpg
IMG_2668.JPG
IMG_2667.JPG
IMG_2666.JPG
IMG_2665.JPG
IMG_2663.JPG
IMG_2657.JPG
CF4BA3F1-8798-42F5-93ED-C868E24872A8 (resized).jpeg
B2805FCB-7FE1-41B2-88BC-F12FD7E77765 (resized).jpeg
8F41C362-51A9-4EAA-904F-5D215BB0EFD8 (resized).jpeg

There are 9858 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 198.
#951 4 years ago

Thanks for the kind words. tried to send pms to those already shipped. MustangPaul brought it to my attention that they are correct in length but only 7/8 inch wide and should be 1inch wide. going to see if I can get that corrected. sorry I didn't catch this earlier.

SIZE Corrected Thanks

#952 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

and take a look how it was shipped....USPS.

Hey..... sometimes we get things right.

#953 4 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

Thanks for the kind words. tried to send pms to those already shipped. MustangPaul brought it to my attention that they are correct in length but only 7/8 inch wide and should be 1inch wide. going to see if I can get that corrected. sorry I didn't catch this earlier. That being said I have about 20 of the 7/8 wide ones left. if anyone wants one of the narrow ones will give them 2 if they pay the 5.05 shipping in US.

Almost Allen, they are 11/16ths, 5/16ths to short. Thanks for being one of the good guys who stands behind what he sells.

#954 4 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Hey..... sometimes we get things right.

You work for them? I've only had one problem and the insurance claim was settled fast and without a problem. Keep up the great job.

#955 4 years ago

So my ramp is acting up again - getting stuck in the up position. Manually raising and lowering the ramp, I noticed that the movement of the arm/rod that raises the ramp was tight (sort-of binding against the slot on the ramp) from about 75% raised to fully-raised. I loosened the rod where it attaches to the arm and found a position that seemed to raise and lower the ramp smoothly with no binding.

Tightened it down and it worked great...for about 15 minutes. Now it's getting stuck up again, though it now pops down occasionally (I think it lowers when the bumpers are firing at the same time the ramp down relay is firing).

I'll fiddle around with the rod again, and make sure the ramp down relay is fully letting go of the latch it holds, but I'm wondering if anyone out there has any additional tips or tricks for making the ramp more reliable.

A while back I posted about one mod that helped keep the arm from overextending: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elegant-solution-for-getaway-ramp-stuck-in-up-position#post-1325090

If anyone has any additional tips regarding ramp adjustment, please add them to that thread and post a link here.

#956 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You work for them? I've only had one problem and the insurance claim was settled fast and without a problem. Keep up the great job.

I'm a usps mechanic, downtown Chicago district.

Some of the stuff I see, I just scratch my head.

#957 4 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

I'm a usps mechanic, downtown Chicago district.
Some of the stuff I see, I just scratch my head.

Cool. I can believe that.

#958 4 years ago

Has anyone put a color dmd into their getaway ? Does it look better than the original red only dmd ? Just curious.

#959 4 years ago

I dont think there is one available yet.

There are some options that are "colored" but nothing like colorDMD if thats what youre thinking of.

#960 4 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

I dont think there is one available yet.

There are some options that are "colored" but nothing like colorDMD if thats what youre thinking of.

Yeah, i was thinking actual colorDMD.

#961 4 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Yeah, i was thinking actual colorDMD.

We can only hope that Getaway will become the next ColorDMD project but i'm not holding my breath just yet !

#962 4 years ago

You can put a ColorDMD in but it will be one color only.

#963 4 years ago

Not anymore!

They just announced its supported now!

#964 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

You can put a ColorDMD in but it will be one color only.

really? lol

#965 4 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Someone in this thread I believe took this "The Getaway" plastic and pasted it on their supercharger. Didn't look too bad. It's an extra from the CPR Plastic set so there are probably a bunch out there.

Yep....that was me back here - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin?tq&tu=Astropin#post-1902789

#966 4 years ago

Well this jazzed up the supercharger cover somewhat. I just got it recently Hydrocoated and received it in the mail today. So out with the chrome and in with the FLAMES

DSC01414.JPG DSC01415.JPG DSC01416.JPG
#967 4 years ago

Holy chiz, that's bad ass!

#968 4 years ago

Awesome - That has Mad Max: Fury Road written all over it!

#969 4 years ago

The Color DMD HS2 ROM is available. Yeah

#970 4 years ago

L-5 only. Goodbye, "RUN THE RED LIGHT".

#971 4 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

L-5 only. Goodbye, "RUN THE RED LIGHT".

You can use the coloris dmd with L2 too

#972 4 years ago

Video shows L-2...

#973 4 years ago

That looks amazing ! Once you download the ROM onto a flash drive, what do you do with it then ?

#974 4 years ago

Wow, that lookz really nice!!!

Time to count my pennies!

#975 4 years ago

Received my new Supercharger sticker from biglaw just recently and along with the Flamed cover it's made that area of the play field really pop.

DSC01417.JPG
#976 4 years ago

Glad to be back a part of this club, picking one up this weekend hopefully.

#977 4 years ago

Ever have your gears reset to gear 1 after a natural (run the red light) multiball?

Was 1/2 way through 5th gear, and hit multiball. Came out of multiball and thought I was about to Redline Mania only to be back in first gear.

Thoughts?

L-2

#978 4 years ago

What turns on the 2x Freeway/RPM lights?

L-2

#979 4 years ago
Quoted from kilmarnock1350:

What turns on the 2x Freeway/RPM lights?
L-2

http://pinball.org/rules/getaway.html

#980 4 years ago

Red Line Mania question:

After shooting the ramp to start Red Line Mania, the ball starts looping through the supercharger while the lights flash and the awards are described. Eventually, the turbocharger turns off, the ball loses steam, and rolls back down the in ramp. I would expect it should be diverted out and to the left inlane, the same as when the supercharger light is flashing and you hit the ramp. Is this correct? Or a bug? Or a bug that happens only in L1?

#981 4 years ago

I have L5 and it's diverted to the left inlane.

#982 4 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Red Line Mania question:
After shooting the ramp to start Red Line Mania, the ball starts looping through the supercharger while the lights flash and the awards are described. Eventually, the turbocharger turns off, the ball loses steam, and rolls back down the in ramp. I would expect it should be diverted out and to the left inlane, the same as when the supercharger light is flashing and you hit the ramp. Is this correct? Or a bug? Or a bug that happens only in L1?

Sounds like your diverter is not working. Are you getting any error codes?

#983 4 years ago

Diverter works otherwise, but is not activated at the start of red line mania. Seemed weird, now I know it is weird. Hmm.

1 week later
#984 4 years ago

Anyone else get new plastics for HS2 and notice the orange color is nowhere near as bright as the original? The original is obviously on the left. Checked all of them in the bag, all have the same light color.

IMG_2713.jpg

#985 4 years ago

I have 2 Getaways For sale. They are both projects. One works, but has cabinet fade and could use a new coin door. The display works, but the text is garbled. It needs to be shopped.
The second one as lines on the display, and the sound works intermittently. They are located in NJ. If anyone is interested in the pair, message me. I am open to cash offers or trades for EM pins or arcade games.

#986 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Anyone else get new plastics for HS2 and notice the orange color is nowhere near as bright as the original? The original is obviously on the left. Checked all of them in the bag, all have the same light color.

Yes I have noticed that - and - my sign for the super charger isn't cut right (I did enquirer about it as well and got no reply).

(sorry about the poor picture quality).
Untitled.jpg

#987 4 years ago

I emailed CPR, was told that they are all this color. The colors were taken from some NOS plastics. I can understand things go wrong, just was hoping that mine was just a bad set.

#988 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I emailed CPR, was told that they are all this color. The colors were taken from some NOS plastics. I can understand things go wrong, just was hoping that mine was just a bad set.

If there was variance in colour between the plastics (the whole set) on the CPR ones it would be more of a big deal. To be honest, it's not an issue for me. You can find examples of colour variance in everything, e.g Take multiple photo's of a certain item in different lighting conditions/camera angles and you will get noticeable colour differences ( a great example of this is shown in Longjohns pic above, the orange around the super charger sign is much darker than the one in your pic)

1 week later
#990 4 years ago

Not happy with the plastics either. Pink is not orange. image.jpg

#991 4 years ago

I know, maybe someday there will be a re-run.

#992 4 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

Not happy with the plastics either. Pink is not orange. image.jpg

I see yours is also not cut correctly (same as mine) although it is a bit better (at least you have "some" pink along the bottom) - IMHO poor quality control on the Getaway plastics.

#993 4 years ago

Pinkline. Mania. Everything is lit.

#994 4 years ago

Anyone in on the new Playfield?

#995 4 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Nope mine is good.

#996 4 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I'm in. Just got a Getaway. Looking for a PF. Any repos out there,? Any on the horizon.? I want one!

#997 4 years ago

I'd be sitting tight and waiting to see the PFs before buying one.
Those plastics are terrible !
I was so close to ordering a set at the time.

#998 4 years ago

Just getting in on this thread for the first time--I look forward to reading all the posts. Thanks to all contributors. These clubs are very helpful to me.

I just finished restoring my Getaway and I'll be routing it at a pizza shop across the street from my house, where I'm sure it will be very popular. I shopped completely, put on all new flipper assemblies, new rubbers, repro plastics from CPR, plastic protectors, cliffy protector, new translite, Cointaker LEDs, and the Donut Heaven mod from Mezel mods. Also redecaled the cabinet, touched up the PF, and installed the full playfield protector. Time will tell on the PF protector. I love its look but I found that I had to trim it and tape it down in a few spots to ensure that all switches worked--no big deal, but we'll see how it holds up over time.

A few pics.

new_assemblies.jpg

decaled_backbox.jpg

decaled_cabinet.jpg

stripped_boards.jpg

installed_cliffy.jpg

installed_protector_with_film.jpg

playfield.jpg

#999 4 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Just getting in on this thread for the first time--I look forward to reading all the posts. Thanks to all contributors. These clubs are very helpful to me.
I just finished restoring my Getaway and I'll be routing it at a pizza shop across the street from my house, where I'm sure it will be very popular. I shopped completely, put on all new flipper assemblies, new rubbers, repro plastics from CPR, plastic protectors, cliffy protector, new translite, Cointaker LEDs, and the Donut Heaven mod from Mezel mods. Also redecaled the cabinet, touched up the PF, and installed the full playfield protector. Time will tell on the PF protector. I love its look but I found that I had to trim it and tape it down in a few spots to ensure that all switches worked--no big deal, but we'll see how it holds up over time.
A few pics.

new_assemblies.jpg decaled_backbox.jpg decaled_cabinet.jpg stripped_boards.jpg installed_cliffy.jpg installed_protector_with_film.jpg playfield.jpg

Super nice work.

#1000 4 years ago

I love this game

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.99
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
There are 9858 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 198.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside