• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 277.
#9901 4 years ago

Did my first mod on the Getaway. total spent was about $8. kept the old pop covers incase I want to revert to stock. I need to get the bright pop bumper lights now.
pops (resized).jpgpops (resized).jpg

I didnt lose the pop bumper screw, it was missing when I bought the pin. Its on my list of things to buy.

#9902 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Did my first mod on the Getaway. total spent was about $8. kept the old pop covers incase I want to revert to stock. I need to get the bright pop bumper lights now.
[quoted image]
I didnt lose the pop bumper screw, it was missing when I bought the pin. Its on my list of things to buy.

Love it. I first went with stoplight colors and PBL BriteCaps. I really liked that setup, but moved to a blue theme so now I have faceted blue caps with blue BriteCaps.

#9903 4 years ago

Mountain update:

All current mountain orders have been printed. Today I painted the White snow and gray archway, and tomorrow is clear coat. Still on target for mid-week shipping.

#9904 4 years ago
Quoted from ajnin:

Yo, sorry man can you post a picture ?

I googled this image for you. Does Google not work on your computer?
hs14 (resized).jpghs14 (resized).jpg

#9905 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

[quoted image]

Be nice. However, this does remind me of one of my favorite sites ever: https://lmgtfy.com

When someone ask you a question then use this site to record your google session which you can email to them. I use to use this with people at work all the time.

#9906 4 years ago

I’ve had this game now for a couple weeks, it’s super fun but brutal!!! I only get multiball maybe one out of 8 games! Definitely Steve Richie difficulty level!!

#9907 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I’ve had this game now for a couple weeks, it’s super fun but brutal!!! I only get multiball maybe one out of 8 games! Definitely Steve Richie difficulty level!!

I'm sure you know, but there are two different multiballs.

1) Turn all 3 target banks green/yellow/red. After each phase the ramp in the back lowers and you can hit the left loop to lock a ball. Lock all 3 and you've run the red light to start multiball

2) Get to 5th gear to light redline mania. Hit the supercharger to start redline mania multi-ball.

Fastest way to get to redline mania is to take advantage of the free ride. When plunging the ball to start, let it center drain (actually help it do so), then repeat as long as the free ride light is lit or even shortly after it is not. Often you can get 2 or 3 loops in a single ball before you have to put it into play. This helps you greatly progress through the 15 loop shots required to get to RLM. Some may call it cheating, but I've seen videos of it done in competition.

#9908 4 years ago

Today's Initial Mountain Order Update

All of the mountains are painted and clear coated. Just waiting for paint to dry for a few hours, then I'll install lighting and they are ready to ship as soon as the clear plastics arrive. FYI, clear is still wet in these photos, but will dry to a satin finish.

IMG_2869.JPGIMG_2869.JPGIMG_2870.JPGIMG_2870.JPG
#9909 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Need Help !!! I picked up a Getaway and the the game had a fire in upper cabinet
It was swapped out but no beacon, I found the entire assembly but I don’t know size of hole to drill or location
Any help greatly appreciated

Hi
The hole on my donor cab which was an original getaway, is 114mm inside, 172mm outside, with a 3mm step down at the top.
Hope this helps.
20191014_060753 (resized).jpg20191014_060753 (resized).jpg20191014_060857 (resized).jpg20191014_060857 (resized).jpg

20190805_112147 (resized).jpg20190805_112147 (resized).jpg
#9910 4 years ago

I went to the Talladega Nascar race over the weekend and found this pin in one of the souvenir tents. I intend to find a nice spot for it in my Getaway.

2F9A6708-529D-4E40-A217-B2BFBCBDF92A (resized).jpeg2F9A6708-529D-4E40-A217-B2BFBCBDF92A (resized).jpeg
#9911 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

[quoted image]

I have been thinking of doign this. Looks great I think

#9912 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

[quoted image]

Thanks... your google-fu is much stronger than mine. At least you did not https://lmgtfy.com/ link me!!

#9913 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

[quoted image]

Before I went all blue, I previously had R/Y/G with PBL BriteCaps, and it looked great. Small thing, but you might want to consider re-ordering to the same as a stoplight (red on top, yellow on middle, green on bottom).

a99d7cc6c384345a281f57a7a34a66473fe975ab (resized).jpga99d7cc6c384345a281f57a7a34a66473fe975ab (resized).jpg
#9914 4 years ago

I changed the order around a bunch, I ended up with the yellow and green on the right because they are the easiest to see caps. I guess the best thing about this is that when I feel like changing the order around, it only takes a minute to do. Can I have your old bright caps? :p

#9915 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I changed the order around a bunch, I ended up with the yellow and green on the right because they are the easiest to see caps. I guess the best thing about this is that when I feel like changing the order around, it only takes a minute to do. Can I have your old bright caps? :p

Total personal preference. Either way, they do look nice.

The PBL EVO BriteCaps are a little pricey, but I like how you can set the inner ring to fire on vibration. Here's a GIF of the ones I just installed on my AFMr for reference: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/153#post-5263471

#9916 4 years ago

I know they are pricey, that's why I said to give me your old ones :p

They looks really good on your AFMr...and I'm super jelly you have that game too.

#9917 4 years ago

Mountain is hitting the supercharger loop and won’t reach back stud... any ideas Mr tantrum?

A6601A17-09BB-4DE5-A0FA-C0CA8F406902 (resized).jpegA6601A17-09BB-4DE5-A0FA-C0CA8F406902 (resized).jpeg
#9918 4 years ago

Mountain is hitting the opto bracket.....

9551B9D6-8072-4615-8223-9115AB2F89D9 (resized).jpeg9551B9D6-8072-4615-8223-9115AB2F89D9 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9919 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Mountain is hitting the opto bracket.....[quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry, been out all day and just got home. When we developed we printed several mountains to test on two different machines that had completely different setups, and made adjustments to fit setups that were quite different in a couple of areas including the opto support clearance. All of the mountains fit perfectly in my game with a mm or two of clearance, but apparently the tolerances at this area are even tighter than what we observed or planned for.

The first thing I would suggest is that just below the opto you will see a mount point for the SC with a screw in it and on the opposite side there is another one. See if you can loosen these (and possibly the center target support [not pictured] & the screw at the back of the curve - I can't remember if this is needed or not) and pull the ramp assembly more towards the side board to open up a little more space.

If that doesn't work, then you could possible file or trim away a little from the top of the mountain where it is hitting the opto bracket. Though not ideal, this area is completely hidden from view, so it will not detract from either the appearance or the structural integrity of the mountain.

I think your install technique looks okay, as I slide the mountain in from the side, get the front hole over the post, then push down on the mountain peak and rotate the back in to get the back hole over its post. It is definitely a snug fit.
IMG_2917.JPGIMG_2917.JPGIMG_2918.JPGIMG_2918.JPGIMG_2915.JPGIMG_2915.JPG

#9920 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

When we developed we printed several mountains to test on two different machines that had completely different setups

Mine fit, Thank you Mr_Tantrum

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9921 4 years ago

I cut a small slit in mountain. All looks good. Thanks

#9922 4 years ago

Thanks guys, I apologize for any inconvenience. Thanks for taking the effort to get them installed, and pics look great.

#9923 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I cut a small slit in mountain. All looks good. Thanks

Thanks for posting both the issue and the fact you got it fixed!

#9924 4 years ago

Just installed my Tantrum mountain mod. Incredible! I highly recommend this and every one of his other mods. Seriously, get off the fence. Nice job again, Mr. T!!

20191023_080300 (resized).jpg20191023_080300 (resized).jpg
#9925 4 years ago

Having designed my own mountain mod (also for sale in my pinside store) I can attest to the fact that getting it to fit around the supercharger is a pretty grueling undertaking. It took many iterations to get it to fit properly.

I'm sure that everyone's machine is slightly different so having to modify it slightly to fit is understandable.

#9926 4 years ago

Hello Pinsiders... I'm looking for a Getaway HSII

I'm in Northern California (40 miles each of San Francisco).

I like to drive... I can travel North towards Oregon / Washington. East towards Nevada, Idaho or Utah and South down to San Diego. I've driven to all those states to pick up games.

I have many titles I'd consider in trade or cash on the glass too!

Thanks!
Kerry

#9927 4 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Hello Pinsiders... I'm looking for a Getaway HSII
I'm in Northern California (40 miles each of San Francisco).
I like to drive... I can travel North towards Oregon / Washington. East towards Nevada, Idaho or Utah and South down to San Diego. I've driven to all those states to pick up games.
I have many titles I'd consider in trade or cash on the glass too!
Thanks!
Kerry

You should have never let your last one go.

#9928 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

More

You should have never let your lat one go.

It went to my son's home, with all the goodies I bought from you

#9929 4 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

It went to my son's home, with all the goodies I bought from you

Kids are really good and sucking your most priced possessions away from you, aren't they. Can't tell you how many tools I have and still use that I "borrowed" from my Dad's toolbox when I went out on my own.

#9930 4 years ago
#9931 4 years ago

and I'll try to squash any bugs for the real pin as fast as I can

#9932 4 years ago

Things I've noticed:

Videomode is not colored
Millions upon superchager loops: "2Million" is blue
Attract mode: the shifting animation is problematic

just off the top of my head

#9933 4 years ago

video mode will likely never get colored, pin2dmd doesn't have a good way to color it.

I'll look into the other stuff

#9934 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

video mode will likely never get colored, pin2dmd doesn't have a good way to color it.
I'll look into the other stuff

In the interim, I’m wondering if another color palette would look any better. I say squash all the bugs then if you have time/desire then circle back.

Is this also the case with the map? I’ve seen some colorization if this, but it was frame by frame for only one if the sequences, I think.

#9935 4 years ago

yeah I started to color the map thinking there were only a few variations, but there were too many. I even tried to start coloring the video mode trying to just brute force it.

There are over 20 background variables, 16 player car variables, and 75 "traffic" car variables, multiple all them and there is approximately 24,000 frames that need captured and colored. I am working on a super simplified video mode color mask that will color the mountains, score, and gear; maybe even the lane lines, I could also put a giant glob of red at the bottom so the player car is always colored but the downside of coloring the lines and player car would be that when the non player cars go through, they'll turn red.

I had some shit luck tonight with my pin2dmd, plugged in the first one and the external power supply popped and some magic smoke left the pin2dmd
2019-10-25 (1) (resized).jpg2019-10-25 (1) (resized).jpg

So I wired up the other pin2dmd using the other kind of power supply and I get no picture. This is the back lit up since the displays are blank:
2019-10-25 (resized).jpg2019-10-25 (resized).jpg

Id just buy yet another pin2dmd but I just spent $700 on a new T2 playfield and got like $400 worth of stuff for the getaway. I'll prolly ping dpannell and see if these can be fixed.

#9936 4 years ago

That whole board is around 20 EUR...
https://www.mouser.de/ProductDetail/STMicroelectronics/NUCLEO-F429ZI?qs=mKNKSX85ZJcE6FU0UkiXTA%3D%3D

Shouldn't be different in the US.

#9937 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

yeah I started to color the map thinking there were only a few variations, but there were too many. I even tried to start coloring the video mode trying to just brute force it.
There are over 20 background variables, 16 player car variables, and 75 "traffic" car variables, multiple all them and there is approximately 24,000 frames that need captured and colored. I am working on a super simplified video mode color mask that will color the mountains, score, and gear; maybe even the lane lines, I could also put a giant glob of red at the bottom so the player car is always colored but the downside of coloring the lines and player car would be that when the non player cars go through, they'll turn red.
I had some shit luck tonight with my pin2dmd, plugged in the first one and the external power supply popped and some magic smoke left the pin2dmd
[quoted image]
So I wired up the other pin2dmd using the other kind of power supply and I get no picture. This is the back lit up since the displays are blank:
[quoted image]
Id just buy yet another pin2dmd but I just spent $700 on a new T2 playfield and got like $400 worth of stuff for the getaway. I'll prolly ping dpannell and see if these can be fixed.

Ahh, man.

#9938 4 years ago

Just send the whole display to me. The board is probably toast. I'll get it working and send it back to you. No charge as my appreciation for your great colorization work. I'll PM you.

#9939 4 years ago

As mentioned previously, I started to work on a Pulp Fiction orchestration for the Getaway. All of the music tracks are done, just need to work on the voice tracks. As there are a lot of great vocal tracks from the movie, like to replace all of the vocal tracks with original sounds from the film. Here are the voice tracks from the original Getaway orchestration and the replacements so far from the film. If anyone has any suggestions on vocal tracks to use, and where they may work well, please post away. Please keep in mind the length of the vocal track, since if it is too long, it will get cut off during game play. Thanks for your help.

Pulp Fiction Replacement Image 1 (resized).JPGPulp Fiction Replacement Image 1 (resized).JPGPulp Fiction Replacement Image 2 (resized).JPGPulp Fiction Replacement Image 2 (resized).JPG
#9940 4 years ago

In other good times, I 3D printed the super charger ramp sign bracket replacement because I thought it looked neat. I went to install it today and realized my factory one was broken. Plastic was broke, some tin was wrapped around it, and it was hot glued into place.

before:
getaway1 (resized).jpggetaway1 (resized).jpg

nasty:
getaway2 (resized).jpggetaway2 (resized).jpg

After:
getaway3 (resized).jpggetaway3 (resized).jpg

I didn't take a pic but I also changed the pop bumper covers to match MrTantrum's suggestion of red up top, amber to the left, and green at the bottom

#9941 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

In the interim, I’m wondering if another color palette would look any better.

Video mode is 2 bit, all the pixels are either white or off. A generic mask could make the score and gear red, the mountain brown and leave the rest white. This is likely the best solution unless pin2dmd comes up with some sort of object based colorization mode. With this solution the signs would still be brown when they first come on screen where the mountains are but that's not a huge deal.

I can look through all the rips WOB has provided and see how many he has ripped, he may have already gotten them all. This is the part of the colorization that really slow me down, finding/ripping/triggering isnt as fun as coloring.

I can tell you were looking at the source files Thats why Im WELL over the 100 hour mark on this game. Ive probably spend 20 or so hours coloring stuff I didnt end up using.

Yeap that looks like the right part. dpannell knows the hardware better than me, and I'd rather him take a look before I make it worse

Quoted from dpannell:

Just send the whole display to me. The board is probably toast. I'll get it working and send it back to you. No charge as my appreciation for your great colorization work. I'll PM you.

I PM'ed ya back, we'll get it all sorted. I appreciate the free offer but if its pricey I'd rather chip in that have you absorb the cost of something I may have screwed up.

#9942 4 years ago

I fixed mine with Meccano

photo_7088939675438883844 (resized).jpgphoto_7088939675438883844 (resized).jpg
#9943 4 years ago

New club member here. I'm just starting a full shop out and need to decide on LEDs.

Does anyone have a pic with a full warm white playfield G.I.? Thanks.

#9944 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

New club member here. I'm just starting a full shop out and need to decide on LEDs.

All cool white here.

#9945 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Cool white in green/blue/white/brown tones and warm white in red/yellow/orange tones, all frosted 2 smd for me...

color matched insets in non ghosting; maybe this will help some?

EDIT: Welcome!

Edit 2: I use a mix of red and blue flashers on the PF and Red/White and Blue in the Back box

EDIT 3: lol, meant to post photo of the backglass and not a 2nd PF... long night!

Red Full  no blue flasher (resized).jpgRed Full no blue flasher (resized).jpg
Red Backglass (resized).jpgRed Backglass (resized).jpg

#9946 4 years ago

Wow, I like that.

#9947 4 years ago

I'm waiting for WOB to get me a v14 release but heres an old v13 beta:

ColorDMD still does video mode and the map better, but my hitch hiker has blonde hair! :p

#9948 4 years ago

I think this is the most cost effective mod ever:
carshooter (resized).jpgcarshooter (resized).jpg
Looks stock

While I was installing some goodies from Tantrum, I was also adding some LED strips and plastic protectors. I decided to not reinstall the red slingshot plastics and just leave the clear plastic protector there instead. This allows all the light from under the slingshot to shine through and light up the gauges better without adding any additional light:
slingshots (resized).jpgslingshots (resized).jpg
and I know the slingshot plastics wont break if they are in a little box inside the pin.

I'm waiting for my cliffy mountain hole protector to come before I install the mountain mod. I am looking forward to getting the supercharger pinduino installed though. Tantrums gonna make me get a darn pinsound and shaker too

#9949 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Tantrums gonna make me get a darn pinsound and shaker too

#9950 4 years ago

I finally broke a billion! Love this game. It's such a pure game.

IMG_20191029_182429 (resized).jpgIMG_20191029_182429 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/199?hl=ajnin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.