• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 277.
#9801 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJimmy:

Those look great. Are they not available in the states?

You can find teal, but not green from typical suppliers here in US. Would have to search pretty hard, I would think.

#9802 4 years ago

I looked a bunch and couldn’t find here...
Strange of all the colors, green would
Not be available.
Teal is nice too but I liked the green better for getaway. You can get them in the facetted cap

#9803 4 years ago

I'm getting ready to do the physical install of the PinSound MotionControl Shaker. I'll take a few picks and let everyone know how it goes. I did learn a couple of things new:

1) I will need to update the folder naming convention for all of my orchestrations. Currently, they are base on the original convention, but in order to support shaker actions they must be arranged according to the new convention. Will take a little work, but I will eventually update all files on the PinSound community forum.

2) You must update your firmware to the latest to support the shaker actions (current version is 19.08.1 - 2019.08.20)

Anyway, off to the game room. Of course this is just the first part. After I get it installed, I need to start programming the shaker actions.

#9804 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I'm getting ready to do the physical install of the PinSound MotionControl Shaker. I'll take a few picks and let everyone know how it goes. I did learn a couple of things new:
1) I will need to update the folder naming convention for all of my orchestrations. Currently, they are base on the original convention, but in order to support shaker actions they must be arranged according to the new convention. Will take a little work, but I will eventually update all files on the PinSound community forum.
2) You must update your firmware to the latest to support the shaker actions (current version is 19.08.1 - 2019.08.20)
Anyway, off to the game room. Of course this is just the first part. After I get it installed, I need to start programming the shaker actions.

Hope it rattles the glass when you rev up the engine

#9805 4 years ago

So the shaker install went pretty well and firmware update was simple as always. If anyone else ever does this, there are two things you should be aware of:

1) The control board sits on plastic stands that use mounting tape to adhere to the inside of the backbox. Well, the single alcohol pad was nowhere close to doing the cleaning job required for me. The inside of the backbox has probably never been cleaned. I used several damp paper towels to first clean the area, then used an alcohol pad to wipe where the 4 feet would stick, and then I installed the board pushing firmly on all feet to ensure good adhesion.

2) Installing the 4 screws to secure the shaker was nearly impossible until I got my son to help. I would hammer the nuts in from the under side, but every time I tried to thread a screw I would knock the nut out or it would spin and not grab. The solution was to hammer them all in, and then have my son push up on them from under the pin while I threaded the screw until tight.

I'm done for today, but will begin the programming tomorrow.

Here is where I chose to install mine (left side between coinbox and speaker)
IMG_2663.JPGIMG_2663.JPG

View of the 4 nuts from bottom before screws were installed
IMG_2665.JPGIMG_2665.JPG

View of shaker after 4 bolts were secure and 2 screws holding on the covering
IMG_2666.JPGIMG_2666.JPG

View of installed control board (BTW, the black connection at top right is to power my LED gear shifter since the shaker plugs into the PinSound 5V accessory port)
IMG_2667.JPGIMG_2667.JPG

View of board when power applied - yeah, all of the LEDs are correct!
IMG_2668.JPGIMG_2668.JPG

#9806 4 years ago

Thus far I've taken about 3 passes at the shaker programming. At this point, I'd say I'm about 60% done. Assigning actions to sounds is easy, getting the right shaker motion, duration, etc. for each event takes time to do it right. I'm trying to not overdo things by shaking the entire house on every event, but at the same time not underdo them either. Looking for a good balance of varying shaker motions on key gameplay events.

I must say that so far, I'm loving the shaker. It adds a new tactile element to the game and you can always switch to a non-shaker orchestration whenever you don't want the shaker experience. Had some real-life issues come up today, so probably wont get back to things until later today or sometime later in the 3 day weekend, but I'll keep the group updated.

At this point, I definitely see and feel the potential, and would 100% recommend the shaker to everyone who is considering it for Getaway.

#9807 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Thus far I've taken about 3 passes at the shaker programming. At this point, I'd say I'm about 60% done. Assigning actions to sounds is easy, getting the right shaker motion, duration, etc. for each event takes time to do it right. I'm trying to not overdo things by shaking the entire house on every event, but at the same time not underdo them either. Looking for a good balance of varying shaker motions on key gameplay events.
I must say that so far, I'm loving the shaker. It adds a new tactile element to the game and you can always switch to a non-shaker orchestration whenever you don't want the shaker experience. Had some real-life issues come up today, so probably wont get back to things until later today or sometime later in the 3 day weekend, but I'll keep the group updated.
At this point, I definitely see and feel the potential, and would 100% recommend the shaker to everyone who is considering it for Getaway.

Thanks for doing this. Do you think the shaker would cause an issue when the ball is in the supercharger rotation? Thanks.

#9808 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks for doing this. Do you think the shaker would cause an issue when the ball is in the supercharger rotation? Thanks.

No, it does not. IMO, the way I have the shaker programmed the supercharger is even more awesome since you feel a jolt as the ball makes the loop. I've already done a couple of hundred loops with the shaker program, and absolutely no noticeable difference in loop performance.

#9809 4 years ago

I was playing my getaway today, and this part dropped onto the play field. Right in front of the rear ramp. I can not work out where it goes ? can anyone please let me know ?

getaway005 (resized).jpggetaway005 (resized).jpg
#9810 4 years ago
Quoted from ajnin:

I was playing my getaway today, and this part dropped onto the play field. Right in front of the rear ramp. I can not work out where it goes ? can anyone please let me know ?[quoted image]

That's a piece of the turbo encabulator. It's similar to to an actual automotive component, explained here:

#9811 4 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

That's a piece of the turbo encablulator. It's similar to to an actual automotive component, explained here:

HAHA kind of feel like I am watching Star Trek

#9812 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I took your advise on the pinsound and I am going to do the same with this. I think it would be really cool, to have shaker going crazy while in the SC loop, and when running a red light, and red line mania... yep this will be cool !!

#9813 4 years ago

The piece goes over the opto on the ramp

#9814 4 years ago

Shaker looking good. I have a few coming for my games.

What I am doing though with my restos is bracing the floor better eg transformer mount, like they did with later games.

I won't be putting the shaker the floor directly on my Getaway project, T2 or Dracula restores.

#9815 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

The piece goes over the opto on the ramp

Thank you

#9816 4 years ago

@mr_tantrum: when you are done with the profile for pinsound and they approved it, ask them if they can give you a referral link. I am sure everyone here will be more than happy to use it as a means of thanking you for all the customization effort you are making for us

#9817 4 years ago

My Getaway is in great shape and looking good with the exception of the cabinet decals. They are a little faded.

I don't want to strip the cabinet and paint. Thinking of applying the new decals over the old one since they are in good shape and the cab doesn't need work. Anyone do this or see any reason not to go this route?

EDIT- Found a thread covering this subject in detail.

#9818 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJimmy:

My Getaway is in great shape and looking good with the exception of the cabinet decals. They are a little faded.
I don't want to strip the cabinet and paint. Thinking of applying the new decals over the old one since they are in good shape and the cab doesn't need work. Anyone do this or see any reason not to go this route?
EDIT- Found a thread covering this subject in detail.

Search this thread and you’ll see how I did mine. Only did light sanding to ensure I had good adhesion. And did it w/o tearing down pin. Not HEP quality by any means, but significantly better.

#9819 4 years ago

5 months later and I finally rerouted the wires for the ball lock so they go behind the wire form instead of under the plate.

wires1.jpgwires1.jpgwires2.jpgwires2.jpg
#9820 4 years ago

I really have to get rid of these mods 160 bucks takes then

#9821 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

So the shaker install went pretty well and firmware update was simple as always. If anyone else ever does this, there are two things you should be aware of:
1) The control board sits on plastic stands that use mounting tape to adhere to the inside of the backbox. Well, the single alcohol pad was nowhere close to doing the cleaning job required for me. The inside of the backbox has probably never been cleaned. I used several damp paper towels to first clean the area, then used an alcohol pad to wipe where the 4 feet would stick, and then I installed the board pushing firmly on all feet to ensure good adhesion.
2) Installing the 4 screws to secure the shaker was nearly impossible until I got my son to help. I would hammer the nuts in from the under side, but every time I tried to thread a screw I would knock the nut out or it would spin and not grab. The solution was to hammer them all in, and then have my son push up on them from under the pin while I threaded the screw until tight.
I'm done for today, but will begin the programming tomorrow.
Here is where I chose to install mine (left side between coinbox and speaker)
[quoted image]
View of the 4 nuts from bottom before screws were installed
[quoted image]
View of shaker after 4 bolts were secure and 2 screws holding on the covering
[quoted image]
View of installed control board (BTW, the black connection at top right is to power my LED gear shifter since the shaker plugs into the PinSound 5V accessory port)
[quoted image]
View of board when power applied - yeah, all of the LEDs are correct!
[quoted image]

You can also install a small self tapping screw over the top of the t-nuts, to hold them in place. I believe that is what Stern does to keep them there.

#9822 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

You can also install a small self tapping screw over the top of the t-nuts, to hold them in place. I believe that is what Stern does to keep them there.

Bally did that in the 80s....depopulating an SI and they're everywhere

#9823 4 years ago

Just wanted to give an update on my Getaway PinSound Shaker experience. First of all, I'm making really good progress. I just had a really busy weekend personally, so wasn't able to work on it much. Even so, I wanted to highlight a few things:

1) PinSound has given me the privilege to program the default shaker routine for The Getaway. What this means is that for anyone in the future who purchases a shaker, it will be plug and play to operate it - i.e. you won't have to program anything (btw, I use the word "program" very loosely here as it is basically assigning an action to an event via mouse clicks). Simply install the shaker using the great instructions provided and you are off and running. Install literally took me about 15 minutes, everything needed to make it easy was provided in the kit, and everything worked 100% perfect the first time I powered on.

2) In the case you do want to program your own or make adjustments to the default programming (again, not required, but optional for users who want to customize the shaker behavior), the new PinSound Studio Pro makes it really simple and quick to program shaker events. Simply load your orchestration, click on a sound event, and then click on the pre-defined shaker action or apply a custom one. You can even define 3 custom shaker events in addition to the 9 pre-defined ones. You get to set starting intensity, duration of shake, and ending intensity. Because of this you can do cool things like ramp up or ramp down events, or even light to moderate shakes verses full blast.

3) As I mentioned, I have some personal things going on in life that have not allowed me to completely focus completely on this (medical issues with extended family), but I'm taking my time to be as thorough and complete as possible. Realizing that most will just want to install their shaker and start having fun playing pinball with it, I want to present a shaker experience for the Getaway that is good and makes sense. In other words, I don't want to just slap shaker events on everything and call it a day. This means I'm applying events, playing games, taking notes of what I like and what is missing, reprogramming, and trying it all over again. I'd say at this point I'm about 85% of the way there. I just need a little more time and we'll be off and running.

I really like this product and the extra tactile experience it brings to the game. I know I've said this before, but I highly recommend it to those that want to add another level of interaction. PinSound has made the installation and integration with the pin as simple as can be. Anyone who can drill a few holes, tighten a few screws, and plugin a couple of cables can be up and running in 15-30 minutes. I kind of equate it to the PinSound itself. I've done a lot of custom orchestrations, so that all a new user has to do is install PinSound & apply my sound package to get the full benefit of the product instead of having to program their own orchestration. As always, even though I don't represent PinSound in any capacity, I'm always happy to help anyone or answer any questions regarding installing and/or using their shaker.

#9824 4 years ago

In preparation for the new PinSound shaker experience, if you currently have any of my orchestrations in the older format, you will need to re-download and install on your PinSound USB (all of the files have been updated to the new format on the community site): http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/22-getaway/

One easy way to tell is to put your USB in a computer and browse to the audio folder, each of the orchestration folders, then the music folder under a given orchestration.

If all of the subfolders are named similar to this image, then you have the old version and need to re-download.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

If all of the subfolders are named similar to this image, then you have the newer formatted version and are good. You'll just need to update the config.pinsound file in the root of each orchestration folder once it is released.

#9825 4 years ago

Well, after a full afternoon & evening of tweaking and testing, I'm finished with the PinSound shaker programming for The Getaway. I think it came out great, and something that everyone who buys a PinSound shaker should enjoy (it will be pretty much be plug-and-play to activate it on any Getaway PinSound orchestration including the default, those I have done, and any done by other Getaway owners). I've sent my file off to PinSound and as soon as I hear back from them regarding its official release, I'll let everyone know.

I will also try to shoot a video this weekend, but not sure how well it will actually convey the shaker events.

My other pin is an original Jurassic Park which has a shaker motor in it. While I like what it does, I must say that I think the shaker for the Getaway is significantly better. I've tried to have it interact with key elements of gameplay while not overdoing it. I think I've achieved a good balance while improving the overall experience.

Until it is officially released, please let me know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to answer given that I've now done a complete installation and program from start to finish.

#9826 4 years ago

Mr T
Are you running it with the old ps board or ps+? Same features and programming for both?

#9827 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Mr T
Are you running it with the old ps board or ps+? Same features and programming for both?

Yes, same for both versions. I am running original PS1 with latest firmware dated today.

#9828 4 years ago

Mr_Tantrum
I ordered a pinsound shaker kit for my Getaway yesterday and mentioned in the comments field that this order is only due to the fact that you are doing the orchestration. I asked them to give you credit for this, whatever that may mean.

Since I know your dedication I am already really looking forward to receiving the kit!!!

#9829 4 years ago

Thanks for all the work on the shaker. Will Pinsound be tracking orchestrations with and without the shaker features in the community?

#9830 4 years ago

Mr_Tantrum you're amazing, thanks for your work, I'm sure many Getaway owners will appreciate!
I wish I had this machine...

#9831 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks for all the work on the shaker. Will Pinsound be tracking orchestrations with and without the shaker features in the community?

All of the shaker events are defined in the config.pinsound file, so in effect there is nothing different at all about an orchestration with or without shaker events. I need to discuss with Nicolas what the plan is. I think he may be releasing firmware that auto applies a shaker config to all orchestrations, but I would be curious if there would still be a way to have an orchestration with and one without on the same USB (I assumed this previously). My games are on the second floor, and there are times when I play at night that I might not want to rattle the house. Rather, just put my headphones on and have some fun.

#9832 4 years ago
Quoted from gapmaster:

I'm in the club.
Just picked up this from JAKUSU on the weekend.
It's fast and clean.
My first machine with Pinsound.
Wow what a difference.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey, the driver on your backglass looks familiar

Seriously, your pin looks great, and I love the custom touches - one of a kind.

Also, since you love the PinSound, time to spend more money on a new PinSound shaker!

#9833 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

mr_tantrum: when you are done with the profile for pinsound and they approved it, ask them if they can give you a referral link. I am sure everyone here will be more than happy to use it as a means of thanking you for all the customization effort you are making for us

Quoted from Kobaja:

mr_tantrum
I ordered a pinsound shaker kit for my Getaway yesterday and mentioned in the comments field that this order is only due to the fact that you are doing the orchestration. I asked them to give you credit for this, whatever that may mean.
Since I know your dedication I am already really looking forward to receiving the kit!!!

I appreciate the sentiment, but not necessary. Just to let you know, the PinSound bros have been very good to me. While I'm not compensated for me efforts (I don't expect to be), they are always very supportive and allow me to provide my input regarding some of their product development, feature enhancements, etc. I promote their products because I use them and love them. They are well engineered, easy to install, and at the same time openly allow for customization (the part I really enjoy). I think their innovation and dedication to the hobby is good for all of us pinball enthusiasts, and I just want to do whatever small part I can to support their ongoing creativity and success.

#9834 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Shaker looking good. I have a few coming for my games.
What I am doing though with my restos is bracing the floor better eg transformer mount, like they did with later games.
I won't be putting the shaker the floor directly on my Getaway project, T2 or Dracula restores.

I'm curious, please be sure to post pics and details of your install.

#9835 4 years ago

Well I just spent an hour recording game play with the new PinSound shaker (took me awhile to get a good game that showed everything - multi-ball, redline mania, super jackpot, etc.) Excited, I went into my office and copied the video onto my computer to watch it. Unfortunately, I was greatly disappointed. The shaker experience just doesn't translate to video at all.

As a result, I've decided not to post the video since it just doesn't convey the tactile experience in a meaningful way. I guess everyone is just going to have to buy one and try it for themselves. Seriously, the PinSound shaker is a great mod, and it adds to the overall game experience. I can hardly wait for others to get theirs installed and to share their thoughts.

I did use my high-end Canon SLR on a tripod to record. I might try later with just an iPhone sitting on the glass somehow to see of that pics up the shaker events better. Somehow, I think it might convey the more dominant ones, but I still don't think it will pick up the subtle shakes I have programed for various events.

#9837 4 years ago

Is that slow motion or what?

#9838 4 years ago

Were you just posting the video for the coolness factor, or are we supposed to notice something specifically?

#9839 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Is that slow motion or what?Yes. Iphone

Were you just posting the video for the coolness factor, or are we supposed to notice something specifically?

Of course! Cool in multiple ways. The supercharger is a cool feature on a pinball machine. Especially for early 1990. I wanted to see the gate activate to kick the ball out into the wire ramp. The second cool feature is the interstate sign made by yourself.

#9840 4 years ago

Got my Pinsound speakers and board yesterday. Haven't had time to install yet but just downloaded Tantrum orchestration with ZZ Top Vocals.

Tantrum sold me on Pinsound.

#9841 4 years ago

The install of the Pinsound board came with great instructions and the install was really easy. I used a Sandisk 3.0 USB 150MB/s and had no trouble installing Tantrum's ZZ Top with Vocals. (I did have a user induced issue but it wasn't due to Pinsound)

All I can say is, WOW. It is really like a different game with new music and the stereo speakers. It's not the cheapest upgrade and perhaps I have more in this game than I should but it is very impressive and Pinsound service is excellent.

Thanks to Tantrum for the orchestration and the videos that convinced me to purchase the Pinsound.

#9842 4 years ago

Quick question Getaway members... I just received my XPin DMD 4096 display for Getaway. The instructions states to remove the -100/-100V fuse. I'm
guessing it's either F-601 or 602 on the DMD Controller board, but not sure. Hopefully someone that might know will chime in!

Appreciate the help and this Getaway Club thread!!

Getaway.JPG.pdfGetaway.JPG.pdf
#9843 4 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Quick question Getaway members... I just received my XPin DMD 4096 display for Getaway. The instructions states to remove the -100/-100V fuse. I'm
guessing it's either F-601 or 602 on the DMD Controller board, but not sure. Hopefully someone that might know will chime in!
Appreciate the help and this Getaway Club thread!![quoted image]

According to the manual (p 1-40), on the Dot Matrix Conroller Board F601 is +62V circuit & F602 is -113V & -125V Circuits. Based upon that info, I would think F602 is the correct fuse to remove. Would be nice to have someone chime it that has actually installed one.

Also, you could always PM XPinPinball for 100% validation.

#9844 4 years ago

Thanks Mr. Tantrum! Waiting for a email reply to confirm. If I was a betting man... F-602 is the proper one to remove. Thank you sir!!

#9845 4 years ago

Remove both fuses. Led displays only need 5 and 12 volts which come from another board.

#9846 4 years ago

Thank you GRUMPY, I will pull F601 as well!

#9847 4 years ago

Well, my PinSound Shaker program is in the can, and whenever the shakers are shipping it will be included.

In tribute to Eddie Money who passed today, . . . Sha sha sha sha sha she was shakin'

#9848 4 years ago
Quoted from Buellxb12r:

Running version L-5 and have the game restart setting on "slow" so that if my ball 1 is terrible, I can hold start to restart the game just like I do with all my other pinball machines.
For some reason it does not work. Any ideas?

Just came across this, but still not sure I understand it (4th paragraph, "An unlisted bug is . . . "): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-getaway-is-in-the-house-multiball-bug#post-242434

#9849 4 years ago

Mr. Tantrum, It looks like the version 7 (Mixed Artists) file I downloaded is still in the old format. Will this work with the Pinsound shaker?

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

In preparation for the new PinSound shaker experience, if you currently have any of my orchestrations in the older format, you will need to re-download and install on your PinSound USB (all of the files have been updated to the new format on the community site): http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/22-getaway/
One easy way to tell is to put your USB in a computer and browse to the audio folder, each of the orchestration folders, then the music folder under a given orchestration.
If all of the subfolders are named similar to this image, then you have the old version and need to re-download.
[quoted image]
If all of the subfolders are named similar to this image, then you have the newer formatted version and are good. You'll just need to update the config.pinsound file in the root of each orchestration folder once it is released.
[quoted image]

#9850 4 years ago
Quoted from Sleepy:

Mr. Tantrum, It looks like the version 7 (Mixed Artists) file I downloaded is still in the old format. Will this work with the Pinsound shaker?

No, you will need the new version. As of a week or so ago, all of my orchestrations on the PinSound community site are now in the new format. Just re-download and install.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/197?hl=ajnin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.