• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 277.
#9651 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Here is a link to a sample. Have uploaded a second version now to the community with more vocal tracks. Still need to tweet it a bit as some tracks are not perfect in terms of volume or length.

Great job, PBJ. While have personally never been a Clash fan (don’t dislike them, just never that into them), I like that others are taking time to create alternative orchestrations that fulfill their musical tastes. Getaway lends itself to so many options with its driving theme and era.

#9652 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I'm selling my pin2dmd, fully activated and ready to go due to a surprise upgrade possibility for my own. It's currently running in my getaway.
Is the v3 set here:
https://germangamingsupplies.com/RGBPINDMD-SET-V3-ready-to-go-128x32-Standard-DMD_1
As you likely know this vendor is notorious for ridiculous delivery times and bad service and terrible refund policies and there are many complaints about him all around. He's named from the German forum for that reason.
This set is fully ready to go and directly available from me. If anyone in Europe is interested, please pm.
I'll let it go for EUR 165 plus shipping.
[quoted image]

You ship to the USA?

#9653 4 years ago
Quoted from Beaumistim:

You ship to the USA?

Nope. As I wrote above. Anyhow, it's already sold.

#9654 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

More work than I expected (when isn't it), but here's the fruit of my efforts on the LED shifter.[quoted image][quoted image]

I just installed mine. Installation was a breeze.

The shifter comes with 7 lighting "modes". I pulled the green LED's out of mine so now I have the option of red, blue, red and blue, or red-blue flashing. Pressing the center of the shifter (between the 6 allen heads) changes the mode.

THANK YOU Mr_Tantrum!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a3ba (resized).jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a3ba (resized).jpg
#9655 4 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

I just installed mine. Installation was a breeze.
The shifter comes with 7 lighting "modes". I pulled the green LED's out of mine so now I have the option of red, blue, red and blue, or red-blue flashing. Pressing the center of the shifter (between the 6 allen heads) changes the mode.
THANK YOU Mr_Tantrum![quoted image]

It was all you, my friend. I just supplied the 3D printed parts, but you came up with the best way to power it and did all of the assembly. Great job, and I really like how it came out.

BTW, did you just desolder the greens? Also, I assume the lights just go dark when you switch to what was previously the green mode?

#9656 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

It was all you, my friend. I just supplied the 3D printed parts, but you came up with the best way to power it and did all of the assembly. Great job, and I really like how it came out.
BTW, did you just desolder the greens? Also, I assume the lights just go dark when you switch to what was previously the green mode?

Yes, I just desoldered the green LED's - so now any time the green would have lit up it is now dark. I was going to jump the green circuit to the red so that I was getting 2x red and 1x blue during the flashing sequence, but I kind of like the way it looks at this point. Also, I think I'll usually just light it up red, so again, I decided not to worry about jumping the green/red circuits.

#9658 4 years ago

Running version L-5 and have the game restart setting on "slow" so that if my ball 1 is terrible, I can hold start to restart the game just like I do with all my other pinball machines.

For some reason it does not work. Any ideas?

#9659 4 years ago
Quoted from Buellxb12r:

Running version L-5 and have the game restart setting on "slow" so that if my ball 1 is terrible, I can hold start to restart the game just like I do with all my other pinball machines.

Pretty sure it needs to be on the other setting, fast I think it is. I have the same version and set it up to quickly reset as well.

#9660 4 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Pretty sure it needs to be on the other setting, fast I think it is. I have the same version and set it up to quickly reset as well.

The problem with "fast" is when I have people over to play that aren't familiar with pinball, a lot of them hit the start button when playing multiple people games and that would restart it. Rather than having to hold it to restart.

#9661 4 years ago

Many thanks to Mr_Tantrum for the great service and excellent products. Just installed the Donut House. Instructions were perfect and install only took a couple of minutes.

Love this game!

Getaway 2 (resized).JPGGetaway 2 (resized).JPGGetaway1 (resized).JPGGetaway1 (resized).JPG
#9662 4 years ago
Quoted from Buellxb12r:

Had no idea you can do this. Does it work on most games?

My GHS is running version L-1 and is working fine. Should I change versions or leave it?

What is the best place to get colored rubber posts and bands from? I prefer a kit rather than having to guess what I need for each post, etc.

#9663 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJimmy:

Many thanks to Mr_Tantrum for the great service and excellent products. Just installed the Donut House. Instructions were perfect and install only took a couple of minutes.
Love this game![quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great in your machine, and thanks for the kind words. For those of you who don't know, the donut on the side is also backlit and tied into a nearby flasher.

#9664 4 years ago

Had no idea you can do this. Does it work on most games?
My GHS is running version L-1 and is working fine. Should I change versions or leave it?
What is the best place to get colored rubber posts and bands from? I prefer a kit rather than having to guess what I need for each post, etc.

All the pinball machines I've owned have allowed to hold start to restart the game. So I'm not sure if all do, but if the settings menu has an option for it, it should work. I use Titan rubbers on my games, they have kits for games.

#9665 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Looks great in your machine, and thanks for the kind words. For those of you who don't know, the donut on the side is also backlit and tied into a nearby flasher.

maybe I'll make an alt color release and make donut heaven match the mod.

#9666 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

maybe I'll make an alt color release and make donut heaven match the mod.

I assume you jest, but if not my 3D Donut Heavens are always custom colors depending upon what the user wants, so you might want to hold off on that.

#9667 4 years ago

I was being semi-serious, but I didnt realize you printed them in different colors. heh. I get my pin back in 3 weeks then Im gonna get a buncha mods from you.

#9668 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I was being semi-serious, but I didnt realize you printed them in different colors. heh. I get my pin back in 3 weeks then Im gonna get a buncha mods from you.

Problem solved! Whatever color configuration you choose for your DH mod is the colorization you should do.

#9669 4 years ago

Malenko I managed to install the colorization today. I have exactly 3 files on my SD card: keyfile and the two from your zip file.

I do like to colorization overall, but also notice the bugs here and there. That said I am looking forward to seeing it improve over time and will definitely leave it in the machine, even in the current state.

Please do announce updates to the files here, so we don't miss out

#9670 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Please do announce updates to the files here, so we don't miss out

Not speaking for Malenko, but I'm sure it is a pain for him to have to communicate all of the details in two different forums. I would highly encourage you to setup a VPUniverse account and then follow his thread: vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3984-the-getaway-high-speed-ii-malenko-edition

You can actually set triggers so that whenever a new post is made you get an email, so you'll never miss out on any updates or news.

#9671 4 years ago

So a new Getaway owner, @FlippinJimmy, asked me the other day if I'd ever done any kind of highway sign as he would like to add this element to his Getaway. After a little discussion and some prototyping, I have developed a replacement Supercharger Sign that is modelled after an interstate highway sign.

I've decided to make these available to anyone who would like to purchase one for $35 including shipping to the US.

The sign has two cities and a corresponding interstate highway emblem with number. Pictured are Los Angeles (#5) & Las Vegas (#15), but I will customize to any two cities and interstate numbers you wish (real or fictitious). The mod includes the silver housing with white around sign, the custom made plastic to fit into the sign, the custom decal adhered to the inside of the plastic, and 2 non-domed white LED bulbs. Optionally, at no additional charge, you may add the white frame (pictured in two of the photos below). If you do not wish for me to include the 2 non-domed LEDs then you may deduct $2 from the $35 price. Also, you will reuse all of your existing supercharger sign hardware, wiring, etc. (please forgive my photos as I was too lazy to put all of the screws back in for testing).

As always, please PM me if you have interest and we'll workout the options and payment details.
interstate.gifinterstate.gifIMG_2542.JPGIMG_2542.JPGIMG_2541.JPGIMG_2541.JPGIMG_2534.JPGIMG_2534.JPGIMG_2540.JPGIMG_2540.JPGIMG_2543.JPGIMG_2543.JPGIMG_2544.JPGIMG_2544.JPG

#9672 4 years ago

Help needed - In photo one I have two screws that are unsupported. What goes under the metal lane guide?

Photo two - How can I fill in this area of the free ride insert?

Lastly, when I purchased the machine it said that LEDs were added to the game. There are some LED's but there are also a number of regular bulbs as shown in photo 3. Is this typical to have different bulbs in the game? As far as I can tell these old bulbs aren't working.

Thanks

IMG_7579 (resized).JPGIMG_7579 (resized).JPGIMG_7580 (resized).JPGIMG_7580 (resized).JPGIMG_7581 (resized).JPGIMG_7581 (resized).JPG
#9673 4 years ago

Help needed - In photo one I have two screws that are unsupported. What goes under the metal lane guide?
Lastly, when I purchased the machine it said that LEDs were added to the game. There are some LED's but there are also a number of regular bulbs as shown in photo 3. Is this typical to have different bulbs in the game? As far as I can tell these old bulbs aren't working.
Thanks[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You need some vinyl standoffs (got mine at Ace Hardware) https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/93#post-3529652

I would think that most people who do an LED conversion go all in rather than mix & match with incandescent. Won't hurt anything, but not sure all of the lighting mixes well together. Not to mention LEDs don't generate near the heat while also drawing far less current.

#9674 4 years ago

Not a big deal, the ball wont hit the screw/bolt anyway and besides, the ball makes plenty of contact with metal in other parts of the game. It would look better if you can find or make a sleeve to cover it up.

You can try to clear coat it but I wouldn't recommend doing it if you do not have any experience with playfield touch ups. Just clean and wax it and see how it looks.

It's not unusual for some people to replace all of lamps in the GI with LEDs and not swap out the flashers, as it is in your photo. I would (and did) replace all of the bulbs to LEDs including the flashers, as you can see in the photo but not to worry there is less stress on the boards with flashers as they are not always on like the GI lamps.
lower pf black (resized).jpglower pf black (resized).jpg

#9675 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

After a little discussion and some prototyping, I have developed a replacement Supercharger Sign that is modelled after an interstate highway sign.

There's a freeway sign in the market I like the idea of, but not the execution of. If you could do that freeway sign like you did this one, it'd be perfect

#9676 4 years ago

Tiltmonster your playfield looks amazing

#9677 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

There's a freeway sign in the market I like the idea of, but not the execution of. If you could do that freeway sign like you did this one, it'd be perfect

Sorry, I’m not finding it. Can you please link?

#9678 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Found it: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1190-g-money-mods/02744-the-getaway-left-switch-cover-freeway-sign

First time I’ve seen it, and I don’t want to outright steal the idea as I think that is by my friend Geteos . Couple of issues I have with preproducing something similar is how small it is, and already pretty full back there. Also, I really don’t deal with micro LEDs and custom wiring.

That being said, we can take the discussion offline to see if we can come up with a one-off alternative if you done want that one and would rather have a decal or something.

#9679 4 years ago

Tiltmonster your playfield looks amazing

Thanks!

#9680 4 years ago

I'm probably just going to cut down an electrical conduit plate and get you to print a sticker. Like I said before its a neat concept but the sign just doesnt look appealing to me.

WOB found a buncha bugs in v.10 so Im busy working on .11 right meow anyway.

#9681 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I'm probably just going to cut down an electrical conduit plate and get you to print a sticker. Like I said before its a neat concept but the sign just doesnt look appealing to me.

I would be happy to do that for you.

#9682 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I would be happy to do that for you.

I’d be in for one of those also. I like Geteos concept but I don’t need lights. Just a freeway sign to cover the switch.

#9683 4 years ago

Just wanted to throw this into the thread since people may not follow my modding thread, but I have the mountain mod and a freeway sign to cover the left switch up in my store.

If you don't want the sign lighted I can create that option too. It'll shave off a few bucks since I don't need to wire it.

04216fb34f124bcead791657e23a641c48d2ce54 (resized).jpg04216fb34f124bcead791657e23a641c48d2ce54 (resized).jpga9688b1d3cf665ea9788ca9c41a8783c07b3844f (resized).jpga9688b1d3cf665ea9788ca9c41a8783c07b3844f (resized).jpg
#9684 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I'm always open to constructive criticism, what about it specifically are you not feeling?

#9685 4 years ago

I'll message ya out of band

#9687 4 years ago

Would be fairly simple to design one after my SC Interstate sign, but only have a single destination on it and decal only.

#9688 4 years ago

Installed the Mezel Mod ignition start today. Works great and easy to follow instructions.

#9689 4 years ago

The ball trough on my machine had some rust on it and was nasty. I removed it and cleaned it and then used a dremel with a polishing wheel. It isn't perfect but much better.

Thinking of replacing this as the balls run through it so frequently. What does everyone else do?

#9690 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Would be fairly simple to design one after my SC Interstate sign, but only have a single destination on it and decal only.

Maybe we should do a collaboration on this project? My plastics with your graphic design?

#9691 4 years ago

Guys, I took most of the items off the playfield to clean and wax it. While at it I will be changing all the rubber and cleaning all the metal.

Since I have everything off the PF I have considered getting a protector. The PF is in good shape with just a few blemishes and a couple very slightly raised or lower inserts. Do you think it is necessary? The PF looks great for a machine that is nearly 30 years old.

Anyone have a color match for the white paint?

IMG_7625 (resized).JPGIMG_7625 (resized).JPGIMG_7623 (resized).JPGIMG_7623 (resized).JPG
#9692 4 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

Maybe we should do a collaboration on this project? My plastics with your graphic design?

Good idea. Then you can put it on my machine.

#9693 4 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

Always happy to help.

#9694 4 years ago

Guys, I took most of the items off the playfield to clean and wax it. While at it I will be changing all the rubber and cleaning all the metal.
Since I have everything off the PF I have considered getting a protector. The PF is in good shape with just a few blemishes and a couple very slightly raised or lower inserts. Do you think it is necessary? The PF looks great for a machine that is nearly 30 years old.
Anyone have a color match for the white paint?[quoted image][quoted image]

I think white is white. I used Createx airbrush paint to make my repairs and it worked great. I used a small artist brush since I don’t have an airbrush. Applied several layers with heat gun to cure each one. Their is a paint color thread here on Pinside that might prove helpful, and vids guide to playfield repair is a great read.

#9695 4 years ago

Since I have everything off the PF I have considered getting a protector.

I have one on mine and it's an amazing thing ball is silent and smooth. However, here it seems to be a polarizing topic.

#9696 4 years ago

Anyone have a color match for the white paint?

You can put a Cliffy protector on it

5F1DDBAC-D8F0-479C-9366-78445A5EE615.jpeg5F1DDBAC-D8F0-479C-9366-78445A5EE615.jpeg
#9697 4 years ago

Anyone have a color match for the white paint?[quoted image][quoted image]

Honestly, it's was a difficult white to match, at least it was for me, but I did paint and clear the outhole wear I had on my PF. I also, waxed it and put mylar over it before I installed the Cliffy. The mylar was probably unnecessary with the Cliffy but I wasn't sure if I'd like it...

#9698 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Always happy to help.

Great!

What are people's preference for that lane should be called?

I can't recall if there's a call out in the game for any specific highway #, that would make the most sense.

I just used freeway, but I guess it should be something like freeway exit/entrance?

Thoughts?

#9699 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I have one on mine and it's an amazing thing ball is silent and smooth. However, here it seems to be a polarizing topic.

Also have one...it's great

#9700 4 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

Great!
What are people's preference for that lane should be called?
I can't recall if there's a call out in the game for any specific highway #, that would make the most sense.
I just used freeway, but I guess it should be something like freeway exit/entrance?
Thoughts?

My thought would be to ask those that want a sign what their thoughts/ideas are (I really don't have one).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/194?hl=beaumistim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.