• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 277.
#9601 4 years ago

Not knowing mjenison was making a mountain, I also made a mountain lol. The aesthetic is quite different though. Also put in some tunnel lighting that can either hook into the GI or onto one of the arrows underneath the playfield. I’m just refining it a bit under the supercharger, but this is pretty close to what it’ll look like.

2D4DCBFA-2267-4223-8631-C711E9860365 (resized).jpeg2D4DCBFA-2267-4223-8631-C711E9860365 (resized).jpeg
#9602 4 years ago

Anyone planning on getting the new Shaker Motor Kit from Pinsound for their machine? I'm on the fence about ordering.

Seems like it could be a nice addition to Mr_Tantrum 's mixes.

#9603 4 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

Hi all,
It was brought to my attention that I'd been sitting on this for quite a while. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and it has taken me around 36 versions of modifying the mountain to get the look (and fit) I was aiming for. Obviously, with a print this large, it takes lots of time and lots of materials to find out if changes worked out; it can be a bit of a drain on resource and time. I'll continue tweaking it along the way, but I think I'm at the point where I'm ready to make this available.
Here's the latest version of my 3D printed mountain mod. Price is $90 shipped.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Improvement over the original prototype that was redone. I hate buying stuff twice...

#9604 4 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

Not knowing mjenison was making a mountain, I also made a mountain lol. The aesthetic is quite different though. Also put in some tunnel lighting that can either hook into the GI or onto one of the arrows underneath the playfield. I’m just refining it a bit under the supercharger, but this is pretty close to what it’ll look like.[quoted image]

Also an improved design.

#9605 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Anyone planning on getting the new Shaker Motor Kit from Pinsound for their machine? I'm on the fence about ordering.
Seems like it could be a nice addition to mr_tantrum 's mixes.

I want one... but only if the implementation is done right.
Ex. When u start a game and hit the flippers to rev up the engine, the shaker start to rev with the game.

So i guess wait n see... but this thing is customizable, so im guessing tantrum will perfect it.

#9606 4 years ago

Can someone please measure the voltage between the supercharger ramp and ground DURING A GAME (not just with machine on). I have 72 V here and think that is not how it should be...

Thank you

#9607 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Can someone please measure the voltage between the supercharger ramp and ground DURING A GAME (not just with machine on). I have 72 V here and think that is not how it should be...
Thank you

I don't need to check this. It should be zero. Your diverter coil has spun around and is touching the metal, this can cause lots of issues and need to be fix ASAP. Or the coil was installed backwards.

#9608 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Your diverter coil has spun around and is touching the metal [...] or the coil was installed backwards.

Neither :/

IMG_20190727_181810 (resized).jpgIMG_20190727_181810 (resized).jpg
#9609 4 years ago

Then you will need to do more investigating, check the 3 magnets and the diverter coil wiring for being pinched or cut and touching metal. These 4 items are the only 70 volt items on the SC.

#9610 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

These 4 items are the only 70 volt items on the SC.

This is very helpful information. I couldn't find +70 V mentioned anywhere in the manual. I will measure these for resistance against the SC ramp tomorrow individually and see where the contact is made. Hopefully ill find this.

The flipper bat contacts i had already checked today - none of those was conductively connected to the SC...

Thanks again. I'll report on this tomorrow.

#9611 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Scarface or Pulp Fiction orchestration? Thoughts. Pulp Fiction has better music, Scarface better punch lines. First R Rated orchestration for the Getaway for sure.

Ok so I have started to work on a Pulp Fiction orchestration today. Have updated all the music so far and now need to work on the VOICE replacements. There are a lot, 57 in total, so will take some work. If anyone wants to help, please PM me and I will send you the list. I may start a separate thread as well. Thanks.

#9612 4 years ago

Mine all done.

20190722_230935 (resized).jpg20190722_230935 (resized).jpg20190722_230942 (resized).jpg20190722_230942 (resized).jpg20190722_230950 (resized).jpg20190722_230950 (resized).jpg
#9613 4 years ago

Its never done. Lol

#9614 4 years ago

OK, so J127-3 was making contact with the ramp through the diverter coil. This was minor, but the source of the problem. The photo shows how I fixed it. Insulation tape. The coil itself has no plastic pin to prevent rotation.

Collaterally - and this what I want to point out - my supercharger and "weak coil-issue" disappeared. It seems the contact to the ramp was sucking power from the string supplying the SC coils. Resolving the contact issue now leaves my SC lightning fast.

IMG_20190728_104640 (resized).jpgIMG_20190728_104640 (resized).jpg
#9615 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

The coil itself has no plastic pin to prevent rotation.

Most likely not an exact replacement coil. I'm not sure how long the tape will last tho. I think if you reverse the coil the other coil bracket will not touch the wires even if it rotates a bit because its shorter.

#9616 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Most likely not an exact replacement coil. I'm not sure how long the tape will last tho. I think if you reverse the coil the other coil bracket will not touch the wires even if it rotates a bit because its shorter.

I contemplated getting a different coil, but the fact that other people have had similar issues tells me that here there might not have been a coild with a pin used to begin wth. anyway, reversing the coild I also tried but then it actually sits really loose. The tape solution will last. I used two layers on the coil stop, and two more on the coil itself. after installing the coil I fixed it with a cable tie to not move at all. Anyway, I'm happy that the issue is resoved.

#9617 4 years ago

I've probably referenced this page in the manual a 100 times, but for the first time noticed an obvious error. Does anyone else see it?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9618 4 years ago

I thought I did, but I don't

#9619 4 years ago

J206 connector doesn't mention a pin 8? might be a key though but couldn't be bothered cracking open my back box to check

#9620 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

J206 connector doesn't mention a pin 8? might be a key though but couldn't be bothered cracking open my back box to check

No. The error is one of omission, but not completely (would be noticeable to even a non-technical person).

#9621 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

No. The error is one of omission, but not completely (would be noticeable to even a non-technical person).

the row numbering? One set skips 6, the other leaves off 9?

#9622 4 years ago

Don't know if it's a error, but I have never seen a pin with 4 coin slots.

#9623 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

the row numbering? One set skips 6, the other leaves off 9?

nope

#9624 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Don't know if it's a error, but I have never seen a pin with 4 coin slots.

nope

#9625 4 years ago

Hint . . . everyone thus far is being too technical.

#9626 4 years ago

Upper Left Flipper?

#9627 4 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

Upper Left Flipper?

No, but that's a good one too. Not sure if that is a real mistake as I'm wondering if the wiring matrix is standard for this platform.

#9628 4 years ago

Hint #2: What manual is this page from?

#9629 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

After countless hours working on my first orchesration for the Getaway, I have had a total of three downloads so far. I guess there are not many Clash fans on this site.
If other Pinsound owners want to give it a try, I would love some feedback either way. That way I know what to improve on for the next one. I do plan to update it with more Clash Voice tracks as my original focus was the music files. Thanks.

Some of the files you can listen to on the Pinsound site. Others you have to download to listen to, like your Clash orchestration. Would love to hear it but don't have pinsound board yet.

#9630 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJimmy:

Some of the files you can listen to on the Pinsound site. Others you have to download to listen to, like your Clash orchestration. Would love to hear it but don't have pinsound board yet.

I don’t expect everyone to be a fan of the orchestrations I do, but I think it is helpful to post a video of gameplay with the mix. This way people can at least hear it first before they decide to take the effort of installing it. For some of us it is routine, but I’m sure others see it as more effort.

Also, while I have made a couple of versions upon others requesting them, they at least had to be themes/genres that I actually liked. Most of my stuff I did because I wanted it, and I’ve had to say no a few times because I’m not a fan of what was suggested. While I have done all of my mixes for free thus far, I guess I could be persuaded to do one outside of my wheelhouse if the price was right.

Don’t judge me, everyone has their price.

#9631 4 years ago

My Getaway will be here this week. Looking forward to getting it set up. Have the following upgrades coming. Pinsound speakers and pinsound board, key mod, doughnut house from Tantrum, and have PMd Biglaw about the Heli. What am I missing?

#9632 4 years ago

My Getaway will be here this week. Looking forward to getting it set up. Have the following upgrades coming. Pinsound speakers and pinsound board, key mod, doughnut house from Tantrum, and have PMd Biglaw about the Heli. What am I missing?

My Leg Light-Ups.

#9633 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

My Leg Light-Ups.

Link or information please

#9635 4 years ago

if nobody gets it by the morning, I’ll give away the answer.

Hint #1 : not technical
Hint #2 : what manual is the page from?
Hint #3 : what page number is the switch matrix on?

#9636 4 years ago

Pinduino for SC and colordmd

#9637 4 years ago

Pinduino for sure, makes the supercharger look even better. Mr_Tantrum did an excellent job on programming the light show.

I’ve got a 3D printed mountain mod with tunnel light made up if you’re interested in jazzing up the corner. Just got to put it in my store. Here’s a pic:

02329F92-EE62-4D42-8ED8-560E7877CDC0 (resized).jpeg02329F92-EE62-4D42-8ED8-560E7877CDC0 (resized).jpeg
#9638 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

if nobody gets it by the morning, I’ll give away the answer.

Missing one of the a’s in Getaway

#9639 4 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

Missing one of the a’s in Getaway

We have a winner!

“The Getway”. Guess the word processors back in the day didn’t have automated footer capability. Anyway, thought it was funny that I had never noticed it before on such a highly referenced page.

#9640 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I contemplated getting a different coil, but the fact that other people have had similar issues tells me that here there might not have been a coild with a pin used to begin wth. anyway, reversing the coild I also tried but then it actually sits really loose. The tape solution will last. I used two layers on the coil stop, and two more on the coil itself. after installing the coil I fixed it with a cable tie to not move at all. Anyway, I'm happy that the issue is resoved.

Great detective work. I’m always amazed how issues still arise that seem unique to anyone else’s experience.

#9641 4 years ago

Here is a link to a sample. Have uploaded a second version now to the community with more vocal tracks. Still need to tweet it a bit as some tracks are not perfect in terms of volume or length.

Found a cool vocal track of Joe Strummer saying, "Take that car out of that gear". Perfect for "shift gears now". Some other vocal tracks that are relevant to the game, "It's a yellow light", "What a great traffic system, it's so bright", "I said Jesus Christ, where do get that Cadillac", "Everybody's driving with four headlights".

#9642 4 years ago

woops

#9643 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Here is a link to a sample. Have uploaded a second version now to the community with more vocal tracks. Still need to tweet it a bit as some tracks are not perfect in terms of volume or length.
Found a cool vocal track of Joe Strummer saying, "Take that car out of that gear". Perfect for "shift gears now". Some other vocal tracks that are relevant to the game, "It's a yellow light", "What a great traffic system, it's so bright", "I said Jesus Christ, where do get that Cadillac", "Everybody's driving with four headlights".\

Great job. Looking forward to installing Pinsound to have the option to change the soundtrack.

#9644 4 years ago

I'm selling my pin2dmd, fully activated and ready to go due to a surprise upgrade possibility for my own. It's currently running in my getaway.

Is the v3 set here:
https://germangamingsupplies.com/RGBPINDMD-SET-V3-ready-to-go-128x32-Standard-DMD_1

As you likely know this vendor is notorious for ridiculous delivery times and bad service and terrible refund policies and there are many complaints about him all around. He's named from the German forum for that reason.

This set is fully ready to go and directly available from me. If anyone in Europe is interested, please pm.

I'll let it go for EUR 165 plus shipping.
rgbpindmd-set-v3-ready-to-go-128x32-standard-dmd_1_2 (resized).jpgrgbpindmd-set-v3-ready-to-go-128x32-standard-dmd_1_2 (resized).jpg

#9645 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I'm selling my pin2dmd, fully activated and ready to go due to a surprise upgrade possibility for my own. It's currently running in my getaway.

I guess you dont like the colorization thats out for the getaway for pin2dmd? Its almost complete

#9646 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I guess you dont like the colorization thats out for the getaway for pin2dmd? Its almost complete

You sent it to me on my request on May 11th, but I havent gotten around to installing it yet. I will try it out, but - my bad - haven't yet.

Is there any way of getting informed about updates to the file?

#9647 4 years ago

I just uploaded a new version 2 days ago. There will be 1 more release in about 2 weeks, then it'll just be bug fixing after that
Its all getting sorted out on a Vpin first, then after that all gets squared away I'll test it out on my actual getaway pin and fix any triggering issues.

Same google drive link. While ColorDMD is infinitely better at doing the video mode , my take has more accurate colors based on the back glass :p
Its actually a recurring thing, any game that has complex graphics on video mode ColorDMD just does better. Since Lethal Weapon 3 had pretty simple video modes, I was able to color those pretty well; but I just dont have the means to do T2 or Getaway's video modes nearly as well.

#9648 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I just uploaded a new version 2 days ago

Is there any demo video on this colorization available somewhere? I must say I am curious, but soo time limited these days...

#9649 4 years ago

this is from an older build:

#9650 4 years ago

+1 on everything Malenko is saying about his colorization. I’ve been running his various colorization versions as he has been releasing them, and they are great. While there are challenges, as he states, I find his choice of colors more “accurate” and more pleasing than the other color DMD alternative.

He continues to make great progress, and really putting in significant effort at no cost to anyone else to produce this colorization.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Trade
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/193?hl=beaumistim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.