• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 191 of 277.
#9501 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I noticed recently that two balls are coming out at a time.

Geez. It must suck to get old...

#9502 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Geez. It must suck to get old...

Yes, I'm getting old. Ball jokes are always funny on a pinball forum.

#9503 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I noticed recently that two balls are coming out at a time. Any ideas on what might be causing this? Thanks for the help!

Does this occur every time? I'm assuming you are referring to 2 balls being sent into the shooter lane? When this happens does the first actually launch or are the two balls staged together and then launched?

My first thought would be a bent or flaky shooter lane switch.

#9504 4 years ago

Hi all. Not a big thing but my getaway’s coin door lights will not light up along with the start button. All new lights put in so I assume this has something to do with a setting. If anyone can help with the problem solving I would appreciate it! Thanks.

Attached is a picture

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9505 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Does this occur every time? I'm assuming you are referring to 2 balls being sent into the shooter lane? When this happens does the first actually launch or are the two balls staged together and then launched?
My first thought would be a bent or flaky shooter lane switch.

It happens before the ball is launched. Two come out in the shooter lane at the same time. If I launch the first ball before the second comes out, the second doesn't come out. Thanks.

#9506 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

It happens before the ball is launched. Two come out in the shooter lane at the same time. If I launch the first ball before the second comes out, the second doesn't come out. Thanks.

Has to be a switch somewhere (maybe one in shooter lane or in trough). Have you run a full switch test in service mode while manually triggering each of the switches in the trough/shooter area?

#9507 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Has to be a switch somewhere (maybe one in shooter lane or in trough). Have you run a full switch test in service mode while manually triggering each of the switches in the trough/shooter area?

No, but I will give that a try. Funny, was using it last night and issue stopped again.

#9508 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I noticed recently that two balls are coming out at a time. Any ideas on what might be causing this? Thanks for the help!

Not to state the obvious, I'm sure you checked but is it possible you have too many balls installed in the game somehow?

And of course check the switches as others have said.

#9509 4 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

Not to state the obvious, I'm sure you checked but is it possible you have too many balls installed in the game somehow?

Yes, there should be 7 balls installed

#9510 4 years ago

Not uncommon. Sooner or later you drop 4 in a 3 ball game when you replace them. Most games will eject 2 if you do that. Or I played a game on location recently where i knocked loose a ball that was caught up somewhere but the op must already have replaced it. Had similar issues after that.

#9511 4 years ago

It sounds like your shooter lane switch is bent and needs to be adjusted. Could be that the one ball sitting on the switch is not fully depressing it.

#9512 4 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

Not uncommon. Sooner or later you drop 4 in a 3 ball game when you replace them. Most games will eject 2 if you do that. Or I played a game on location recently where i knocked loose a ball that was caught up somewhere but the op must already have replaced it. Had similar issues after that.

Wasn't criticizing you for suggestion, just goading pinballjah (he needs that occasionally).

#9513 4 years ago

Been a bit since I loitered around this thread, especially since I let my Getaway go.

That being said, I do have a set of repro plastics I am willing to sell. CPR lists them for US$169 - I will let them go for US$150 (plus shipping). Please message me if you are interested. These are unused, but the package has been opened.

#9514 4 years ago

Joined the club this weekend. Game plays great. Playfield is a bit rough so I am looking for a decent playfield to swap into mine.

20190616_204231 (resized).jpg20190616_204231 (resized).jpg
#9515 4 years ago

Welcome, we are excited to have you. We have a great owners group, and all sorts of mods available from members if you are into customization. Ask whatever you want when you have questions, and group is always great to respond.

#9516 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Welcome, we are excited to have you. We have a great owners group, and all sorts of mods available from members if you are into customization. Ask whatever you want when you have questions, and group is always great to respond.

Thanks!

I am actually looking for a decent playfield to swap into it. Mine has quite a bit of planking. Does not need to be perfect and minor touch ups are ok. Not looking for anything high end but will go that route if there is nothing out there.

#9517 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

Thanks!
I am actually looking for a decent playfield to swap into it. Mine has quite a bit of planking. Does not need to be perfect and minor touch ups are ok. Not looking for anything high end but will go that route if there is nothing out there.

Several guys have replaced playfields in the group, maybe someone can chime in if you still have your old one that is in good/decent condition.

I also saw your new Hurricane. I make toys for that pin too (I have no shame): https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/73183

#9518 4 years ago

Hey guys does anyone here sell a police car or helicopter mod to put on the left ramp?

#9519 4 years ago
Quoted from Karpy1717:

Hey guys does anyone here sell a police car or helicopter mod to put on the left ramp?

biglaw is your man.

#9520 4 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

And of course check the switches as others have said.

If that is the case, I am getting old. Although it doesn’t happen every time. I did try some Pinsound balls in the game (found them too light). Maybe I left one in?

#9521 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

biglaw is your man

Sent pm thank you!

#9522 4 years ago
Quoted from Karpy1717:

Sent pm thank you!

You wont regret it! Great guy and great quality!

#9523 4 years ago

Mr_Tantrum New color beta will be out this weekend if time allows!

#9524 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

mr_tantrum New color beta will be out this weekend if time allows!

Sweet! Looking forward to it.

#9525 4 years ago

Looking for a High Speed 2: The Getaway Playfield. No need for a NOS one. Just something decent I can swap into my cabinet. DDoes not need to be populated. Small touch ups are ok as well.

#9526 4 years ago

Installed my Prof Pinball Pinduino supercharger kit today, using Mr_Tantrum's code. It is amazing! Probably the best lighting mod for the game available right now.

For those going to do this install I'd recommend taking a ball and running it along circuit when installing your LED strip to make sure it doesn't contact the strip at all.

The first time I installed the strip I noticed a significant slowdown in the supercharger. Turns out the ball was contacting the strip in a couple spots causing the ball to slow down. I shifted it up a mm all the way around and presto, back to working at full speed.

#9527 4 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

Installed my Prof Pinball Pinduino supercharger kit today, using Mr_Tantrum's code. It is amazing! Probably the best lighting mod for the game available right now.
For those going to do this install I'd recommend taking a ball and running it along circuit when installing your LED strip to make sure it doesn't contact the strip at all.
The first time I installed the strip I noticed a significant slowdown in the supercharger. Turns out the ball was contacting the strip in a couple spots causing the ball to slow down. I shifted it up a mm all the way around and presto, back to working at full speed.

Awesome! If you love visual pinball stimulation with flashing lights in various patterns (who doesn't?) the Pinduino is a must have!

Also, good tip on the LED strip.

#9528 4 years ago

Attention all PinSound owners | I just finished my "Baby Driver" orchestration, and am working on getting it uploaded to the community forum (having some issues with their site right now). All of the music is from the "Baby Driver" movie soundtrack (if you haven't seen the movie, you should).

I'll keep everyone posted regarding when it is available for download.

#9529 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

If anyone comes across this issue, was a pretty easy solution. The wire lever in the shooter lane was not reading the ball so it just needed to be bent up a little. Problem solved. It’s amazing how so many problems have an easy fix.

#9530 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Attention all PinSound owners | I just finished my "Baby Driver" orchestration, and am working on getting it uploaded to the community forum.

Looking forward to it. I’m not sure if Getaway has the most orchesrations but it must be in the top three. Disco version still in the works? Thanks.

#9533 4 years ago

Awesome! Have footage?

#9534 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Awesome! Have footage?

Thought about it as I have on several before, but I don't really have a way to record good quality audio which frustrates me.

#9535 4 years ago

Mr_Tantrum

From an earlier post, I thought you were a John Wick fan. Seems like a logical orchestration theme for HS2.

Here's a medley to get you thinking about it:

#9536 4 years ago

Oh man, going to have to seriously consider. What we really need is a JW pin.

Update: FYI, I'm about half way done with this. Probably will finish this weekend sometime.

#9537 4 years ago

Realized I never posted the track list for my Baby Driver PinSound orchestration.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9538 4 years ago

Could someone post a picture of their shooter coil/mount? My game is a very early run and has a totally different shooter coil/mount (see picture). I pictured a new one that I think is the one that's used in later runs (see 2nd picture).

IMG_4380 (resized).JPGIMG_4380 (resized).JPGIMG_4381 (resized).JPGIMG_4381 (resized).JPG
#9539 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Could someone post a picture of their shooter coil/mount? My game is a very early run and has a totally different shooter coil/mount (see picture). I pictured a new one that I think is the one that's used in later runs (see 2nd picture).[quoted image][quoted image]

Browse the image gallery, and you’ll find plenty. Here is the first one I came across: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/9#post-1976199

Maybe not the best view, but I know there are others.

#9540 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Browse the image gallery, and you’ll find plenty. Here is the first one I came across: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/9#post-1976199
Maybe not the best view, but I know there are others.

Thanks Tantrum, just what I needed. BTW, man you make killer tracks for Pinsound…...killer. You're the best!

#9541 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Thanks Tantrum, just what I needed. BTW, man you make killer tracks for Pinsound…...killer. You're the best!

You're welcome, and thanks.

BTW, you made me think of this:

#9542 4 years ago

Just posted my new "John Wick" themed Getaway PinSound orchestration to the Pinsound Community site. Should be approved shortly, and link for download will be: http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/278-getawayhs2-v12_johnwick_customcallouts_mrtantrum

Features music from all 3 of the John Wick movies. I have to say, it's one of my favorites thus far. I hope everyone else enjoys!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#9543 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You're welcome, and thanks.
BTW, you made me think of this:

Bania! This made me lol.

Waiting for my Tilt Audio sound kit to arrive from Germany, can't wait to test out some of these orchestrations with it.

#9544 4 years ago

Since others have asked for it and since it might encourage more downloads, here are some game play videos of my last few Getaway PinSound orchestrations. FYI, my focus was not on video or scoring high, but just getting to various stages of the game so that I could demo most of the music. Also, I used my iPhone so sound quality is not the greatest, but videos should give enough of an idea of what the orchestration is like.

Full Techno:

Orchestration Download: http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/272-getawayhs2-v10_fulltechno_customcallouts_mrtantrum

Baby Driver:

Orchestration Download: http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/277-getawayhs2-v11_babydriver_customcallouts_mrtantrum

John Wick:

Orchestration Download: http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/278-getawayhs2-v12_johnwick_customcallouts_mrtantrum

#9545 4 years ago

To revive an old subject, I'm finally getting around to doing something about my LED gear shifter (you'll see various discussions about the mod 3-4 years ago in this thread). Anyway, my current shifter has LEDs that run on batteries that are quite the pain. I always forget to turn the shifter off after playing, so I run through batteries like crazy. On top of that, they are a royal pain to change out (requires removing two long screws with a hex wrench, and was hard to tell which two since there are actually six on the shifter).

There is no way to wire since the metal shaft is solid. So, I the other day I figured why not try 3D printing the parts. It took a little redesign of the shifter body, the rod, and the internal housing part, but I think I did it and am in the process of printing everything now. I designed so that I could run a wire through the end of the shaft and into the part that is inside the shifter housing. I also designed it so that when in place the shaft will no longer rotate (couldn't have my wires getting all twisted).

Not sure who else still around has this mod or maybe someone would like to do it, so I thought I would document what I'm doing. Also, at this point everything is theory. I'm assuming the 3D printed shaft will be strong enough to handle real world gameplay, but I guess I'll figure that out soon enough. Anyway, as I get things printed I'll post some pics and let everyone know how it goes.
72a1df80f91a5e74fb1a79f062f1d2f89841d18a.jpg72a1df80f91a5e74fb1a79f062f1d2f89841d18a.jpg

#9546 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

There is no way to wire since the metal shaft is solid.

Just find a pipe to slightly adapt at a machine shop in stead of a complicated re design based on less than ideal materials...
Just my two cents...

#9547 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Just find a pipe to slightly adapt at a machine shop in stead of a complicated re design based on less than ideal materials...
Just my two cents...

Would have to be milled since it has two diameters, a ring for a clasp and a hollowed out end for the spring. Also, would still need channel bored for wiring and a design to prevent rotation. Would be quite expensive as a one off part. Besides, I already have the rod printed and it is very strong (I cannot break it by hand).

First pic has new rod that is keyed to prevent rotation, the new gear shift bell and color to shave several ounces of weight off the original metal parts, and the other pics show the wiring channel and the original hole for the spring and Teflon end which is what snaps the gearshift back to center. I'm reprinting the internal rod housing part right now as my first one had an error in it.
IMG_2391.JPGIMG_2391.JPGIMG_2392.JPGIMG_2392.JPGIMG_2393.JPGIMG_2393.JPG

#9548 4 years ago

It's coming together. I had to reprint the collar since my first one is too tight (couldn't get it to slide all the way on). Shifter is much snappier after cleaning, rebuild, and lighter weight parts.

IMG_2394.JPGIMG_2394.JPGIMG_2396.JPGIMG_2396.JPG
#9549 4 years ago

This is awesome!
I need.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 191 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/191?hl=pinballjah and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.