• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 277.
#9301 5 years ago
Quoted from bbriese:

Short answer is no. Check out posts 7244 & 7249 in this thread for details on what I did.

Ahh, thanks for correcting me.

#9302 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Ahh, thanks for correcting me.

Not so sure....The power source for the beacon lamp and the motor are two different sources. The lamp bulb is 12VDC. I have several LED's tapped directly off of it, no problem. The motor itself is AC.

#9303 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Not so sure....The power source for the beacon lamp and the motor are two different sources. The lamp is 12VDC. I have several LED's tapped directly off of it, no problem. The motor itself is AC.

Thanks for the clarification.

#9304 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Thanks for the clarification.

Well, I'm not certain. I can concur the diagram is ambiguous. And I was wrong, while there are separate wires for the motor/lamp, they appear to be pig tailed off the same connector. The power source goes through a pair of ceramic resistors which is usually a voltage divider for DC. But the diagram does show 48VAC on connector J3 of the mini driver board which is where the power derives from.

So, I'd have to get a meter out to check for certain, but bbriese seems certain he read AC voltage.

BUT, I do have both my police car and ferrari with 12VDC LEDs in them tied directly to the MARS lamp and both work, no issues.

A little more enlightment: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-replacement-beacon-help

Appears there were two types in the Getaway run...12V and 48V beacons. That would explain the different experiences.

#9305 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Not so sure....The power source for the beacon lamp and the motor are two different sources. The lamp bulb is 12VDC. I have several LED's tapped directly off of it, no problem. The motor itself is AC.

I have a cop car that is good for 12v, but it has alligator clips for the connection... is there a pos/neg on the base of the bulb on the beacon? Or whats the best way to connect?
Thx

#9306 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I was wondering if this was normal back ramp behavior:

- Back ramp is in down mode
- Ball is drained and back ramp raises
- Next ball is launched
- At the last second the back ramp lowers, ball goes up it slightly but not enough to make it to Donut Heaven, and then ball returns down ramp and is diverted to pop bumper area instead of making full loop.

So @mr_tantrum , did you ever get to the bottom of this - I am having the same issue (with both L1 and L5 ROMs).

Kind of annoying to have the rear ramp drop down just before the new ball has had a chance to go under and round to the upper flipper.

All my switches test out OK in the switch test, and the ball launch is strong/quick enough to make the loop underneath easily when there is not an active ball lock. The rear ramp goes up and down properly and always seems to know whether it is up or down. It just seems like a delay which has been set too short.

#9307 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Or whats the best way to connect?

Its a AC signal so it doesn't matter which way you hook up the clips. Most Leds will work on AC. Some are polarity sensitive so if it doesn't work then reverse the leads.

#9308 5 years ago
Quoted from ProjectSmoke:

Looking to update the s/w but don't want to invest in buying a burner. Anybody know of source to purchase preloaded chips?

contact the guy at matts basement, he has about everything I think

#9309 5 years ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

So @mr_tantrum , did you ever get to the bottom of this - I am having the same issue (with both L1 and L5 ROMs).
Kind of annoying to have the rear ramp drop down just before the new ball has had a chance to go under and round to the upper flipper.
All my switches test out OK in the switch test, and the ball launch is strong/quick enough to make the loop underneath easily when there is not an active ball lock. The rear ramp goes up and down properly and always seems to know whether it is up or down. It just seems like a delay which has been set too short.

Unfortunately, back then I was learning a lot with my first pin, but don't know that I ever specifically found the cause. It was very soon after that when I ended up replacing the MPU board and then not too long after the driver board. Since the board replacements, everything has worked perfectly. I know that doesn't help you, but may be a component somewhere in the circuit that controls the ramp.

#9310 4 years ago

When I took off my Getaway speaker today, this is what I found underneigh. Not sure if from the factory?

AF82E748-ED7E-4CF1-8EA5-CFB72E99537A (resized).jpegAF82E748-ED7E-4CF1-8EA5-CFB72E99537A (resized).jpeg
#9311 4 years ago

Yes it is... there should be another one, on the other speaker, that says Chicken Sause

#9312 4 years ago

Hi all.
Back in the club with a rough project!
I'm doing a lot of customising and wondering if anyone by chance would have outline only files of the plastic set?
I have scanned the originals but don't have the skills to do above.
Thank you.

20190419_115417 (resized).jpg20190419_115417 (resized).jpg20190419_115456 (resized).jpg20190419_115456 (resized).jpg20190422_101907 (resized).jpg20190422_101907 (resized).jpg
#9313 4 years ago

Welcome back, and all I can say is wow! That is quite the project, and I can't wait to see what you are able to do with it.

Unfortunately, I do not have the plastic artwork or I would happily share it with you.

#9314 4 years ago

Alright, all of you techno heads. I'm working on my newest PinSound orchestration in cooperation with Dantesmark which will feature all techno music. After all, who doesn't like driving 100mph with the windows down and techno pumping (heck, I do and I'm an old man!)? We are leaning towards the music from the Total Nuclear Annihilation pin as the main theme since it really rocks, uhm is dope, uhm is rad, uhm . . . whatever a techno head would say when something is awesome. Can't say exactly when it will be done, but as soon as it is I will post it for free download with all of my other orchestrations on the PinSound Community forum.

#9316 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Hi all.
Back in the club with a rough project!
I'm doing a lot of customising and wondering if anyone by chance would have outline only files of the plastic set?
I have scanned the originals but don't have the skills to do above.
Thank you.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh man now that's ROUGH. Good luck.

#9317 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Alright, all of you techno heads. I'm working on my newest PinSound orchestration in cooperation with Dantesmark which will feature all techno music. After all, who doesn't like driving 100mph with the windows down and techno pumping (heck, I do and I'm an old man!)? We are leaning towards the music from the Total Nuclear Annihilation pin as the main theme since it really rocks, uhm is dope, uhm is rad, uhm . . . whatever a techno head would say when something is awesome. Can't say exactly when it will be done, but as soon as it is I will post it for free download with all of my other orchestrations on the PinSound Community forum.

Good luck with that.

#9318 4 years ago

Just got my new PinSound Headphones Station installed on my Getaway, and am really liking it. In my house, I find myself playing with headphones on about 25% of the time in order not to disturb other family members for various reasons. However, that is not the main reason I got it (I already had the old style headphone jack for PinSound). The main reason I got it is because it gives you the ability to both control volume and change orchestrations from outside the pin w/o having to access the service switches inside the coin door. Maybe not a need for some, but with the several orchestrations I keep on my Getaway PinSound, it has proven to be quite convenient now to switch between them.

A few things to note if you decide to purchase one for your Getaway:
1) Be sure to get the correct version when buying from the PinSound website: Either for PinSound 1 or PinSound + (PS1 requires an adaptor, so it cost a little more).
2) Physical installation is simple, but mine did not seem to work at first. After thinking about it, I decided to update my firmware to the latest version which fixed everything. So, be sure to update your PS firmware when adding the PSHS.
3) On Getaway, the PSHS volume control works with the services switches, not instead of them like on some pins. What I did was to crank my PSHS dial to its highest setting (full clockwise) then adjusted my service control switches to set the volume to the loudest level I would ever want it (I think I settled around 8 or so). Now, I fully control volume from off to loudest I want it using the dial on the PSHS.
4) To switch orchestrations, simply turn the PSHS dial all the way to 0 (full counter-clockwise) and you'll hear the traditional "magic" sound. Be aware that you do need to delay a couple of seconds before turning dial back up and then back down again to proceed to the next orchestration, but it does work great once you get the hang of things.

Moral of the story, is that if you like to play the game with different orchestrations depending upon your mood or who you are playing with, the Headphones Station is a great add-on feature to the PinSound even if you never have the need to play with headphones. I have one on both my pins now, and think they are easily worth their cost based upon the features and convenience they provide.

BTW, if you are looking for some affordable good quality headphones, I purchased two of the Mpow 059 Bluetooth Over the Ear Headphones (red version), and love them. Besides sounding great, they are very comfortable being full over the ear (not just on-ear which I find to be uncomfortable), the expand to fit on my overly big head (I've had issues with other brands being too tight), and as a side benefit they have Bluetooth so I can use them for more than just pinball.

https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Bluetooth-Headphones-Wireless-Memory-Protein/dp/B01NAJGGA2/ref=sr_1_1_sspa

I also bought these matching red/black cables to use with the headphones since what comes with them are too short:
https://www.amazon.com/CableCreation-2-Pack-Auxiliary-Stereo-Silver-Plating/dp/B0793LBZKP/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_3

Just for clarification of what the PSHS looks like, here is a pic of it on my JP (haven't snapped one of my Getaway yet - shown in background with the old headphone bracket installed and my old headphones hanging on it).
pic.jpgpic.jpg

#9319 4 years ago

I just came across the service bulletins for our Getaway for the first time. This explains why many of our plunger coils are/were installed backwards.

It also shows that the 3 ball trap brackets were not stock on older machines as these were released as a fix to balls getting trapped in various places.

http://howtopinball.com/files/pinball/paperwork/williams/service-bulletins/williams-service-bulletin-book-1992-fall.pdf

#9320 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I just came across the service bulletins for our Getaway for the first time. This explains why many of our plunger coils are/were installed backwards.
It also shows that the 3 ball trap brackets were not stock on older machines as these were released as a fix to balls getting trapped in various places.
http://howtopinball.com/files/pinball/paperwork/williams/service-bulletins/williams-service-bulletin-book-1993.pdf

Cool book, but that link doesn't have any Getaway in it....Fish Tales, CFTBL, Dracula, NBA, BR, H20, HotShots and Dr. Who.

#9321 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Cool book, but that link doesn't have any Getaway in it....Fish Tales, CFTBL, Dracula, NBA, BR, H20, HotShots and Dr. Who.

Oops, wrong link.

All fixed now, please try again.

#9322 4 years ago

My tenth and latest Getaway PinSound orchestration is in the can!

The file has been posted to PinSound Community, and is available for download: http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/272-getawayhs2-v10_fulltechno_customcallouts_mrtantrum

As previously mentioned, this version is all techno featuring the theme from the TNA pin (Total Nuclear Annihilation) as the main song. I'm no techno head, but Dantesmark provided most of the musical ideas for the orchestration, and I think it came out great.

For those who know the genre, artists & songs include:
- Ali Payami, et. al. "Blade"
- Alice Deejay "Better Off Alone"
- Darude "Sandstorm"
- Ellie Goulding "Lights"
- Juno Reactor “Mona Lisa Overdrive” (song from highway scene in second Matrix movie that I use with DMD driving game)
- Scott Danesi "TNA"
- Skrillex "Scary Monsters"
- T H White - "Music Machines"
- The Chromatics "Tick of the Clock"
- The Crystal Method "Busy Time", "Keep Hope Alive"
- The Prodigy "Voodoo People", "Mindfields", "Poison", "Funky"

Please give it a try, and let me know what you think.

B1D0E1E3-CE3C-4BA4-807F-BCC2525136C3.pngB1D0E1E3-CE3C-4BA4-807F-BCC2525136C3.png
#9323 4 years ago

My getaway keeps making start up sound like it does in attract mode ? Then says switch 74 loop shot ? Would this make the game keep making the start up sound

#9324 4 years ago

I just had another idea for a Getaway soundtrack - Disco! While I'm a child of the post-disco 80's and the Getaway is a 90's pin, I thought I would see if there was any interest from some of the more mature Getaway owners for a disco orchestration. If enough people are interested (say at least 10 or so), I'd be more than happy to put together the orchestration.

So, let me know if you are interested, and if so throw out your track list for consideration and note what song you think would work best for the main theme.

For the younger crowd, disco was the dominant music genre of the 1970's from groups like The BG's, KC and the Sunshine Band, The Trammps, Kool & The Gang, ABBA, etc. If you want to get a flavor of what that time was like for your parents (or even grand parents for some of you), take the time to watch the most iconic movie of the period from 1977 - Saturday Night Fever.

#9325 4 years ago

Im down

#9326 4 years ago

I did a mix with Aussie stuff mainly but put disco inferno in the burn rubber mode and barry white on the grand champ..sounds awesome.

#9327 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I did a mix with Aussie stuff mainly but put disco inferno in the burn rubber mode and barry white on the grand champ..sounds awesome.

I was thinking disco inferno would work great for video mode, and love your BW selection.

Is the rest of your stuff Olivia & Men at Work with some INXS sprinkled in (that's about my extent of Aussie artist knowledge, but at least it covers three decades)?

#9328 4 years ago

Ohhhh myyyyy

#9329 4 years ago

I thought that might evoke a reaction from the Aussies out there.

On the not so bright side "...let's get physical, physical, I wanna get physical..." is stuck in my head right now.

That and wondering whatever possessed Aussies to eat vegemite - man that stuff is nasty!

#9330 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

My getaway keeps making start up sound like it does in attract mode ? Then says switch 74 loop shot ? Would this make the game keep making the start up sound

I'm a little confused, is the sound like when you are pressing the start button (engine turnover & rev)?

#9331 4 years ago

My other PinSound orchestration idea for the Getaway is all songs from the "Baby Driver" soundtrack if there is any interest.

#9332 4 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I think I got all the errors - switch 81, opto 1, switch 83 opto 3, divertor error, up down map down error.
I am thinking to replace all the optos but any other ideas before I order parts?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had a very similar problem - turns out the opto board at the top of the underside of the playfield wasn't getting power as lines were cut somewhere in the bundle. If you want I'll post a link of my post here.

#9333 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I was thinking disco inferno would work great for video mode, and love your BW selection.
Is the rest of your stuff Olivia & Men at Work with some INXS sprinkled in (that's about my extent of Aussie artist knowledge, but at least it covers three decades)?

none of the above.....my god

Here's one for Tantrum!

images.jpeg (resized).jpgimages.jpeg (resized).jpg
#9335 4 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

I had a very similar problem - turns out the opto board at the top of the underside of the playfield wasn't getting power as lines were cut somewhere in the bundle. If you want I'll post a link of my post here.

Please - still working it. It was an import so I expect issues - anything would help. I was planning on replacing optos soon.

#9336 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

My other PinSound orchestration idea for the Getaway is all songs from the "Baby Driver" soundtrack if there is any interest.

My "The Clash" orchestration is almost done. The problem I find is the main tracks seem to repeat quite a bit. I probably used 20+ songs but a lot only play when you get to Red Light Mania or the jackpots. Need to add some more songs to the main theme tracks.

#9337 4 years ago

If you put multiple songs in the same folder, then it will play them randomly when that event is called.

#9338 4 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Please - still working it. It was an import so I expect issues - anything would help. I was planning on replacing optos soon.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-getaway-high-speed-ii-all-optos-failing#post-4802461

Hopefully this one helps you.

#9339 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

If you put multiple songs in the same folder, then it will play them randomly when that event is called.

Yes, working on adding a bunch of songs to the main theme files. When the ball is in the supercharger, do you know what sounds are activated? Thanks for your help.

#9340 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Yes, working on adding a bunch of songs to the main theme files. When the ball is in the supercharger, do you know what sounds are activated? Thanks for your help.

Not off the top of my head, but if you will pull a psrec of file of game into PinSound Studio, you can see all of the sounds that are called. Happy to email you some psrec files if you need them (can't remember if I've sent to you or not).

#9341 4 years ago

I just wanted to give a shout-out to Comet Pinball https://www.cometpinball.com for their great customer service. I know there are other good LED suppliers, but IMO Comet is the best. Not only do they have great products, but their support is exemplary. Having been in service oriented industries for most of my career, my perspective in business is that things will go wrong. What differentiates the bad from the good and the good from the great, is how they treat their customers and how they address issues when they arise. Comet has always communicated well, takes a customer focused approach to business, and continues to offer great and innovative products.

Comet is and will continue to be my sole source for all things pinball lighting, and I encourage everyone who can use their products to give them a try.

#9342 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I just wanted to give a shout-out to Comet Pinball https://www.cometpinball.com for their great customer service. I know there are other good LED suppliers, but IMO Comet is the best. Not only do they have great products, but their support is exemplary. Having been in service oriented industries for most of my career, my perspective in business is that things will go wrong. What differentiates the bad from the good and the good from the great, is how they treat their customers and how they address issues when they arise. Comet has always communicated well, takes a customer focused approach to business, and continues to offer great and innovative products.
Comet is and will continue to be my sole source for all things pinball lighting, and I encourage everyone who can use their products to give them a try.

Not to mention that Comet has a wide selection of LED's you won't find anywhere else. I swear by their twin SMDs, and their Matrix light strips are invaluable if you are going for some dynamic lighting.

#9343 4 years ago

One more reason for Getaway owners to purchase a Pinsound + card, coming soon, Getaway "The Clash" remix. See sample video below. Should be uploaded to the Pinsound Community in the next couple days. Still have a little tweeting to do, but this will give you a taste. Video is worth watching just to see all the dancing in the background. If you have any suggested changes, feel free to PM me. Enjoy!

#9344 4 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

Not to mention that Comet has a wide selection of LED's you won't find anywhere else. I swear by their twin SMDs, and their Matrix light strips are invaluable if you are going for some dynamic lighting.

Tell me about it, the Matrix system allowed me to put flex head leds under the 6 clear plastic outlane plastic bolts in my Jackbot.

#9345 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

One more reason for Getaway owners to purchase a Pinsound + card, coming soon, Getaway "The Clash" remix. See sample video below. Should be uploaded to the Pinsound Community in the next couple days. Still have a little tweeting to do, but this will give you a taste. Video is worth watching just to see all the dancing in the background. If you have any suggested changes, feel free to PM me. Enjoy!

appreciate the effort but the clash is a little off beat for high speed

#9346 4 years ago

Just finished printing and installing the latest iteration of my donut heaven. I do sell these in your choice of colors, so PM me if interested.

8E16D2FC-480B-4A31-8C12-84923D5C4E0B.jpeg8E16D2FC-480B-4A31-8C12-84923D5C4E0B.jpeg
#9347 4 years ago

Just received everything for my next Getaway project. Just when I think I’m done, something else comes along that I must have.

66AC94E5-EF4C-4EDC-9A55-921BA0D17291.jpeg66AC94E5-EF4C-4EDC-9A55-921BA0D17291.jpeg
#9348 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

appreciate the effort but the clash is a little off beat for high speed

Not if your a Clash fan. What is more appropriate than "Police on my back" for video mode

#9349 4 years ago

is the lower divertor considered the mech that controls the up/down ramp? getting a divertor error fixed upper divertor but still getting it.

#9350 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just received everything for my next Getaway project. Just when I think I’m done, something else comes along that I must have.
[quoted image]

Now what?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/187?hl=estroh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.