• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,806 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 277.
#9201 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, I was hoping this day would eventually come. As of today, I'm a pinball polygamist!
[quoted image]

Nice! Should I tell my buddy with a JP to expect some sweet Tantrum mods?

#9202 5 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Nice! Should I tell my buddy with a JP to expect some sweet Tantrum mods?

I'm impressed how modded this title already is, and my particular pin seems to have just about everything. However, I've got to figure out something to cover those blank targets. I'm sure I'll find other things here and there to customize as I go along.

#9203 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I'm impressed how modded this title already is, and my particular pin seems to have just about everything. However, I've got to figure out something to cover those blank targets. I'm sure I'll find other things here and there to customize as I go along.

I noticed! I checked out the JP thread. Great looking machine.

I went from getaway-only to owning a LOTR and a Mars Trek in the last 6 months. Pretty awesome.

#9204 5 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

I noticed! I checked out the JP thread. Great looking machine.
I went from getaway-only to owning a LOTR and a Mars Trek in the last 6 months. Pretty awesome.

LOTR is a great game!

#9205 5 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

I noticed! I checked out the JP thread.

I did just now post my first custom mod there - a coin door sticker.

#9206 5 years ago

I was snooping around my Getaway backbox yesterday and found something curious.

Can you find it?

20190314_194717 (resized).jpg20190314_194717 (resized).jpg
#9207 5 years ago

display unplugged?

#9208 5 years ago

12/5v daughterboard...need to rebuild your 5v supply. Get those alkaline batteries off the board too.

#9209 5 years ago

Everything working fine but wait...daughter board! Did not even see that!

Batteries are fine, change them yearly with smoke detectors (that reminds me haven't changed smoke detector batteries ...)

Not the thing I had in mind though...

#9210 5 years ago
Quoted from Barr993:

Everything working fine but wait...daughter board! Did not even see that!
Batteries are fine, change them yearly with smoke detectors (that reminds me haven't changed smoke detector batteries ...)
Not the thing I had in mind though...

Bally Midway sticker for a Williams game?

Batteries have been known to leak in a months time. Might at least consider lithium if you don't want to remote mount.

#9211 5 years ago

Yes! From a TAF. Would have been an awesome find for me if it matched the serial number of our TAF that had an RD board in it when I bought it. But it doesn't.

Now onto that daughterboard issue...

#9212 5 years ago
Quoted from Barr993:

Yes! From a TAF. Would have been an awesome find for me if it matched the serial number of our TAF that had an RD board in it when I bought it. But it doesn't.
Now onto that daughterboard issue...

As to the serial sticker - no one really cares as board swapping is common, and stickers can be reproduced anyways. There is a preference at times for original boards vs 3rd party products.. especially when some of those are questionable.. but enlarge as long as the product is good, it doesn't matter. People these days want reliability over originality. "numbers matching" means nothing in his hobby unless you are talking about unique examples.. like a prototype, non-produced game, etc.

The daughterboard isn't an issue... as much as a bypass to the 5V problem that likely exists on your driver board or wiring. Chose to resolve it or just enjoy the freedom.

#9213 5 years ago

I just installed a LED ColorDMD on my Getaway. Looks awesome; better than I was expecting and looks better in person than in pics. Only complaint is that in a dark room, the top edge of the top row has what looks like the back light shining through making a horizontal line fairly visible. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this. Aside from that, I’m still quite pleased with the DMD.

2BDD8353-2C4A-42B7-A299-D89078F15E8A (resized).jpeg2BDD8353-2C4A-42B7-A299-D89078F15E8A (resized).jpeg64C8C9AE-125B-40A5-80DC-291C55B1EEE7 (resized).jpeg64C8C9AE-125B-40A5-80DC-291C55B1EEE7 (resized).jpeg
#9214 5 years ago
Quoted from rlbohon3:

I just installed a LED ColorDMD on my Getaway. Looks awesome; better than I was expecting and looks better in person than in pics. Only complaint is that in a dark room, the top edge of the top row has what looks like the back light shining through making a horizontal line fairly visible. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this. Aside from that, I’m still quite pleased with the DMD.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yup, my guess is that most of the LED owners will say the same thing about the reflection/white light, you could try wrapping it in with electrical tape or the foam that ColorDMD sells... ColorDMD, imho, is one of the best mods in all of pinball, I have the LCD versions but nonetheless, which ever way you want to go, they are awesome!

ColorDMD LCD (resized).jpgColorDMD LCD (resized).jpg
#9215 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

you could try wrapping it in with electrical tape or the foam that ColorDMD sells...[quoted image]

Thanks. Yep, I was thinking the same thing about trying tape. Good suggest on the foam; that’s probably a better idea. Still looks great. My OCD can’t ignore the white line at the top so I’ll do something.

#9216 5 years ago

In the settings on the back of the panel can't you shift the image up and down of the led version? You can with the lcd version.

#9217 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

In the settings on the back of the panel can't you shift the image up and down of the led version? You can with the lcd version.

Nope. Settings are:
Contrast
Brightness
LED (RBG/RGB)

#9218 5 years ago
Quoted from rlbohon3:

Nope. Settings are:
Contrast
Brightness
LED (RBG/RGB)

Yeah. LCD is a larger screen so you can adjust the settings and it's just another reason I like the LCD

#9219 5 years ago

Finally found a decent priced getaway near me. It needs a bit of cosmetic work but it plays great. Spent some time today cleaning the playfield and giving the center play area a good buffing.

I noticed some of my bayonet bulbs are a bit finicky, you have to jiggle the bulb a bit to get it to light, also my LEDs are ghosting. Is that common with this title? They’re standard bulbs I used successfully on my Jurassic Park.

5D6E4F8B-38BE-491F-BC66-2F58C28A719A (resized).jpeg5D6E4F8B-38BE-491F-BC66-2F58C28A719A (resized).jpeg
#9220 5 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

Finally found a decent priced getaway near me. It needs a bit of cosmetic work but it plays great. Spent some time today cleaning the playfield and giving the center play area a good buffing.
I noticed some of my bayonet bulbs are a bit finicky, you have to jiggle the bulb a bit to get it to light, also my LEDs are ghosting. Is that common with this title? They’re standard bulbs I used successfully on my Jurassic Park.
[quoted image]

Welcome! Ghosting isn't an issue on my pin using Comet non ghosting bulbs

#9221 5 years ago

Congrats On the HSII, I think I saw that on Kijiji for sale the other day, you moved fast - Nice score !

I put Pinball Bulb's LEDs into my HSII a few years back and no ghosting that I've seen.

I took a bunch of extra time and cleaned all the insides of every insert when the LEDs were installed, they were full of carbon dust.

This game really pops with LEDs for certain.

Quoted from Geteos:

[quoted image]

#9222 5 years ago
Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

Congrats On the HSII, I think I saw that on Kijiji for sale the other day, you moved fast - Nice score !
I put Pinball Bulb's LEDs into my HSII a few years back and no ghosting that I've seen.
I took a bunch of extra time and cleaned all the insides of every insert when the LEDs were installed, they were full of carbon dust.
This game really pops with LEDs for certain.

I actually bought it from a fellow Pinside before he listed it. All the kijiji getaways in Canada turned out to be scams :/

I noticed a lot of carbon dust on the back box lighting board.

The ghosting issue is odd, maybe it’s just a bad connection on the bayonets then. The lone wedge base in the traffic light seems fine.

#9223 5 years ago

Kool, there was one on Kijiji for $3500 the other day, I just assumed this was the same pin.

There is a local guy to us that sells patched ROMs, never tried them though - PM me if ya want.

Quoted from Geteos:

I actually bought it from a fellow Pinside before he listed it. All the kijiji getaways in Canada turned out to be scams :/
I noticed a lot of carbon dust on the back box lighting board.
The ghosting issue is odd, maybe it’s just a bad connection on the bayonets then. The lone wedge base in the traffic light seems fine.

#9224 5 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

[quoted image]

Welcome to the club.

#9225 5 years ago

I had a little bit of ghosting and am using mostly Comet 2smd bulbs (not a non-ghosting design) but that went away once I added an LED OCD board for the playfield. If you don’t ever plan to use a LED OCD board, then non-ghosting bulbs should help. I just like the dimming quality the LED OCD does with standard LED bulbs.

#9226 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

whats your price, not a big fan, but it might have to do for now.

Sorry I missed your reply. I have no need for it. I’ll ship it to you for $15 if you want it. They were $70.

#9227 5 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

Finally found a decent priced getaway near me. It needs a bit of cosmetic work but it plays great.
[quoted image]

Glad that lead worked out. If you want to add any new decals to your game, I highly recommend these. If you want to share an order and split the shipping, let me know. I need to order a few more things. Mr_Tantrum makes a bunch of other decals, not included in the link below, as well.

http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball/

#9229 5 years ago

Hey guys. Just joined the club. Shes not perfect, but I am going to shop her out and I think it will be a nice Getaway.

My question - Looks like I am missing a screw and some kind of spacer on my Getaway. Can you take a look at my pic and let me know what I need / where I can find? This is in the left outlane. I cannot tell if this is a common screw, but I bet someone can link to exactly what I need.

Thanks and thrilled to be in the club!

getaway posts (resized).jpggetaway posts (resized).jpg
#9230 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Hey guys. Just joined the club. Shes not perfect, but I am going to shop her out and I think it will be a nice Getaway.
My question - Looks like I am missing a screw and some kind of spacer on my Getaway. Can you take a look at my pic and let me know what I need / where I can find? This is in the left outlane. I cannot tell if this is a common screw, but I bet someone can link to exactly what I need.
[quoted image]

Welcome to the club! Start here then read down several for some of your answers: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/184#post-4879233

#9231 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

[quoted image]

Welcome to the club. That's a screw with a metal sleeve to hold the metal out lane guide, just like the one in front of it. There are 2 of them but you only need that one to hold it in place. Whoever worked on it last forgot to put that one back on. I don't know where to find a replacement.

#9232 5 years ago

Okay thanks. I wonder if I can get some metal tubing from Hobby Lobby and cut it to length.

Anyone know the size or specs on the screw itself? Does this look like the correct one from Marco Specialties?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4205-01016-24

Edit - and there should not be a rubber over here on the left outlane, correct? This outlane is brutal.

#9233 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Okay thanks. I wonder if I can get some metal tubing from Hobby Lobby and cut it to length.
Anyone know the size or specs on the screw itself? Does this look like the correct one from Marco Specialties?
Edit - and there should not be a rubber over here on the left outlane, correct? This outlane is brutal.

It's @ an inch long. It's a 1\8 inch in diameter. Also it's a Phillips head screw.

IMG_20190324_210114 (resized).jpgIMG_20190324_210114 (resized).jpg
#9234 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Just take the other one out (it needs to be cleaned anyways) and take them to a hardware store and match them up. Get 2 of everything.

#9235 5 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

It's @ an inch long. It's a 1\8 inch in diameter. Also it's a Phillips head screw.
[quoted image]

That's exactly what I had to do on my game. A visit to a local hardware store and I came home with a metal tube. I cut a piece to length and it worked just fine.

#9236 5 years ago

Had to make a Pinball Life order, so I decided to get their clear coin door inserts to replace the default orange . . . I like 'em!

btw: Camera doesn't do the lit ones justice.

Here is the link: https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-wpc-era-clear-coin-door-button-conversion-kit.html

IMG_1963.JPGIMG_1963.JPGIMG_1964.JPGIMG_1964.JPGIMG_1965.JPGIMG_1965.JPG

#9237 5 years ago

Looks good with the custom coin door inserts.

I didn’t realize they sold replacements for those. My getaway has one missing and I just placed a big order with pinball life this morning for some maintenance parts and new rubber for my pins. I could’ve added those on.

#9238 5 years ago

While not specifically related to Getaway, came across this when installing my new clear coin inserts.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-visual-quiz-show/page/70#post-4907103

#9239 5 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

Looks good with the custom coin door inserts.

Thanks. Wish I didn't have those two holes next to the right one, however. Anyone have any ideas on how I can patch the holes easily/cheaply?

#9240 5 years ago

Maybe with some JB Weld ?

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Thanks. Wish I didn't have those two holes next to the right one, however. Anyone have any ideas on how I can patch the holes easily/cheaply?

#9241 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Anyone have any ideas on how I can patch the holes easily/cheaply?

https://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?sku=CBCOINSETN

Use this type if you counter sink the holes.

https://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?sku=CB730ASET

Use these if you don't mind the bump.

#9243 5 years ago

Guys, can anyone confirm if the wiring on my ramp sign is wrong? I am having an issue where both red and yellow lights are always on and flickering.

Thanks for any help

getaway ramp sign (resized).JPGgetaway ramp sign (resized).JPG
#9244 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

can anyone confirm if the wiring on my ramp sign is wrong?

The wiring is correct.

#9245 5 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

The wiring is correct.

Ditto....LED's or Incadescents?

#9246 5 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

[quoted image]

Did you fix the issue with your light sockets? I had the same issue with my Shadow, and I fixed it by taking the bulb out, scraping the inside of the socket with steel wool, and then cleaning using rubbing alcohol on a q-tip.

#9247 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Ditto....LED's or Incadescents?

I think I am honing in on the issue. Think its the diode on the light board as I can see it is hacked up. And different than the one other diode across from it.

Does this look right? Does anyone know off hand what type of diode should go on this board?

Inkedgetaway socket2_LI (resized).jpgInkedgetaway socket2_LI (resized).jpggetaway socket1_LI (resized).jpggetaway socket1_LI (resized).jpg
#9248 5 years ago

More than likely standard in4001...you can use that or an In4004...whichever is handy.

#9249 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

More than likely standard in4001...you can use that or an In4004...whichever is handy.

Awesome. is it possible it is a diode on the driver board? Or is it definitely one of the lamps diodes?

I should clarify - I am using the diode setting on my DMM to test all the diodes along the lamp strand and they all seem to have the same or similar readings.

#9250 5 years ago

One of those light board is wired backwards. Im at work for 4 more hours, but will let you know which one when I get home.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
There are 13,806 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/185?hl=barr993 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.