• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 277.
#9151 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

not big on it, but depending on price I might try it.

Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

not a big fan , but depending on price I might try it out.

Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

whats your price, not a big fan, but it might have to do for now.

First time I've seen stuttering in the forum

#9152 5 years ago

Am I the only one who has wires sticking out of the metal plate where the donut heaven sticker goes?

#9153 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Am I the only one who has wires sticking out of the metal plate where the donut heaven sticker goes?

Sticking out where exactly? Photo?

#9154 5 years ago

This is the best one I have on my phone.
20190308_182617.jpg20190308_182617.jpg

The switches on the right habitrail come out of the hole closer to the player and go down behind the plastics.

#9155 5 years ago

Hmm think they normally route out behind the plate.

#9156 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Hmm think they normally route out behind the plate.

Yes

#9157 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

This is the best one I have on my phone.
[quoted image]
The switches on the right habitrail come out of the hole closer to the player and go down behind the plastics.

That's just wrong, all the wires should be routed on the backside of the plate. Here's a pic, but you'll have to ignore all of the wires from my Donut Heaven lighting.

9372d2ae86aff67a5135f7f77c90e6f20724eb7c (resized).jpg9372d2ae86aff67a5135f7f77c90e6f20724eb7c (resized).jpg
#9158 5 years ago

yeah, I imagine.

#9159 5 years ago

If you go back a page to Its_me_aj's post, his wires come out of the metal plate as well. I like it behind the wireform better, so I'll reroute them , probably heat shrink a tube as well to make it prettier. Are those mile marker stickers standard ? (near the top right flipper) I think they look great.

So theother thing I need is a screw post cover thingie by the left outlane. It actually divides the left outlane and the left lane, mine has an exposed screw right now, and I'd like to remedy that. No idea what the part is called or where to get 1 (or 2, so they are both new and matching)

#9160 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

yeah, I imagine.

BTW, just light-hearted ribbing - part of being in the club.

#9161 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

If you go back a page to Its_me_aj's post, his wires come out of the metal plate as well. I like it behind the wireform better, so I'll reroute them , probably heat shrink a tube as well to make it prettier. Are those mile marker stickers standard ? (near the top right flipper) I think they look great.
So theother thing I need is a screw post cover thingie by the left outlane. It actually divides the left outlane and the left lane, mine has an exposed screw right now, and I'd like to remedy that. No idea what the part is called or where to get 1 (or 2, so they are both new and matching)

Mile marker you are referring to may be one of my custom decals (I sent you a PM).

Again, pic would be great to clarify exactly what you are referring to regarding the screw post cover. However, I'm guessing you are talking about the silver spacer that normally covers the screw shaft so that the threads are not exposed (see my pic)? If so, I could not find metal spacers so I went to my local Ace Hardware store and bought white vinyl spacers (can't remember if they had the exact height or needed or if I cut them to length). I then covered them with mirrored tape or vinyl (don't remember exactly) to make them look more metallic.

getaway.jpggetaway.jpg
#9162 5 years ago

Exactly there, there's 2 there I was hoping to keep everything as OEM as I could but maybe I'll have to just use the vinyl spacers.

This is the mile marker sticker I was talking about, says Mile 1 and its just outside Donut Heaven:
https://images.pinside.com/a/3d/a3d96265bff8254e1fb7e1d8ce8b825883601d6f/resized/large/a3d96265bff8254e1fb7e1d8ce8b825883601d6f.jpg

#9163 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Exactly there, there's 2 there I was hoping to keep everything as OEM as I could but maybe I'll have to just use the vinyl spacers.
This is the mile marker sticker I was talking about, says Mile 1 and its just outside Donut Heaven:
https://images.pinside.com/a/3d/a3d96265bff8254e1fb7e1d8ce8b825883601d6f/resized/large/a3d96265bff8254e1fb7e1d8ce8b825883601d6f.jpg

Maybe someone else can chime in on the spacers/standoffs to point you in the right direction, but the decals are definitely mine.

#9164 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Maybe someone else can chime in on the spacers/standoffs to point you in the right direction

Its a piece of brass tubing cut to length. I have a spare at home and I can measure it for you later when I get home.

#9165 5 years ago

How much for a Mile 1 and a do not enter?

#9166 5 years ago

This may sound like I'm being a smart@$$, but I don't mean it that way (hard to convey attitude in writing), but were you able to read my PM? I provided a catalog link to all of the items I offer along with pricing. For various reasons, I prefer to keep such conversations limited to PMs. Please review and then PM me with whatever you are interested in and I'll be happy to discuss your order and payment process.

#9167 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Here you go, they are @ 1/2 long and 3/8 outside diameter.

IMG_20190311_210117 (resized).jpgIMG_20190311_210117 (resized).jpgIMG_20190311_210347 (resized).jpgIMG_20190311_210347 (resized).jpg
#9168 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

First time I've seen stuttering in the forum

sorry,computer was locking up! Sorry computer was locking up! Sorry computer was locking up!

#9169 5 years ago

HEy guys, just waned to let you know im selling a fw things from my getaway:

1. Set of Chrome Ramp Flaps - USD 22,50
These I had done, alongside some other stuff, just to see how they come out. The rear flap came out excellent, the front one has some spots from where there was rust before. I took three photos, one to really emphazise the rust spots, so noone complains after.

2. Original Getaway Apron - USD 40

3. Set of original plastics - USD 51

All items are as shown, there is nothing more or less than what you see. I am shipping from Germany. For USA I can maybe do domestic shipping, as some colleagues are occasionally over to the US. This requires patience though. Contact me via PM if interested.

apron_back (resized).jpgapron_back (resized).jpgapron_front (resized).jpgapron_front (resized).jpgchrome flaps  C (resized).jpgchrome flaps C (resized).jpgchrome flaps A (resized).jpgchrome flaps A (resized).jpgchrome flaps B (resized).jpgchrome flaps B (resized).jpgplastics (resized).jpgplastics (resized).jpg
#9170 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

This may sound like I'm being a smart@$$, but I don't mean it that way (hard to convey attitude in writing), but were you able to read my PM?

Couldn't find the mile marker or the do not enter sticker. I'll prolly buy other stuff too and send ya a PM. Im going to reroute the right habitrail switch wiring first.

Thanks!

EDIT: Found them, I must have glossed past them.

#9171 5 years ago

Ok I know there are sub posts to this topic and I have read them in DMD issues being garbled but let me throw it out to just the Getaway group and explain why this is stumping me.

First this was a project machine I was never able to test this machine when I bought it, the MPU leaked and ruined the board which I replaced. It was an Italian import and had some coils missing along with other parts so it is now running just no DMD.
I have reset the cables even bought new ones - that is not it. I replaced the dmd board (don’t know what it was called) with the rottendog board since I could see my board had fried itself and $90 was cheaper than shipping and fixing the original board.

When I put the original display in the dmd lights up all orange with a few lines out. But it is just solid orange so it’s not the DMD. The DMD I have in there now is a stern DMD with an adapter I made and it seems to me it can’t be a dmd.

Could it be from the sound card because when I started this game up the first time I saw a spark on the sound card but could never duplicate it and all sounds work.

Kind of stumped - I hate buying games that I cannot get to work first before a restore but this was a restore and then pray it works so it is one of my issues to fix before it is fully restored.

06509C77-2422-493D-8B8D-78B66DA2B63F (resized).jpeg06509C77-2422-493D-8B8D-78B66DA2B63F (resized).jpeg
#9172 5 years ago

Ok I know there are sub posts to this topic and I have read them in DMD issues being garbled but let me throw it out to just the Getaway group and explain why this is stumping me.

First this was a project machine I was never able to test this machine when I bought it, the MPU leaked and ruined the board which I replaced. It was an Italian import and had some coils missing along with other parts so it is now running just no DMD.
I have reset the cables even bought new ones - that is not it. I replaced the dmd board (don’t know what it was called) with the rottendog board since I could see my board had fried itself and $90 was cheaper than shipping and fixing the original board.

When I put the original display in the dmd lights up all orange with a few lines out. But it is just solid orange so it’s not the DMD. The DMD I have in there now is a stern DMD with an adapter I made and it seems to me it can’t be a dmd.

Could it be from the sound card because when I started this game up the first time I saw a spark on the sound card but could never duplicate it and all sounds work.

Kind of stumped - I hate buying games that I cannot get to work first before a restore but this was a restore and then pray it works so it is one of my issues to fix before it is fully restored.

#9173 5 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

[quoted image]

Sure looks like data is getting to the DMD, but it is garbled.

To summarize:
- New/different DMD
- New Cables
- New DMD driver board

#9174 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Sure looks like data is getting to the DMD, but it is garbled.
To summarize:
- New/different DMD
- New Cables
- New DMD driver board

I have the new rottendog DMD board - brand new - just bought it. Cables new - tried old and new cables. Tried old and new DMD.

I guess I could buy a color DMD because I have done a full restore on this already so it is certainly deserving, it has new decals, powder-coated rails - legs, lockdown bar, LED's etc.

Thinking of jumping the shark and even putting in Pinsound since this game has music that would really benefit from it.

It just takes the game to another level that is so typical to over spend on it and never see my money back when I decide to sell it.

#9175 5 years ago

Are you sure that one side of the ribbon cable isn't reversed?

#9176 5 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Are you sure that one side of the ribbon cable isn't reversed?

certain - from pictures I saw and the #1 position of the cable - I thought some of this may be because I am trying a stern DMD but others have made it work and I thought red DMD would be cool.

#9177 5 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

certain - from pictures I saw and the #1 position of the cable - I thought some of this may be because I am trying a stern DMD but others have made it work and I thought red DMD would be cool.

Both DMDs work in a different pin using same cabling?

#9178 5 years ago

Assume, you have checked all of your data cables (not just DMD) for connectivity and pin orientation?

#9179 5 years ago

Yep - I have checked everything - PIN 1 is the red line and it looks right and matches pictures I have seen on other posts on this topic.

You know in the end it will be something stupid I missed.

I guess I am asking does the sound board potentially have any part of this, like I said when I started up the game for the first time I saw a spark on the sound card could not duplicate it, looked for a burnt connection on the board could not find anything. Could that be part of it?

I just would not think the sound board would be part of a DMD issue but a ribbon cable connects them....

#9180 5 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Yep - I have checked everything - PIN 1 is the red line and it looks right and matches pictures I have seen on other posts on this topic.
You know in the end it will be something stupid I missed.
I guess I am asking does the sound board potentially have any part of this, like I said when I started up the game for the first time I saw a spark on the sound card could not duplicate it, looked for a burnt connection on the board could not find anything. Could that be part of it?
I just would not think the sound board would be part of a DMD issue but a ribbon cable connects them....

I don't know, but a spark concerns me. Have you tested all fuses on the Dot Matrix Controller board - F601 & F602 (please pull them out to test)? Also, if you have another WPC89 pin available you could try swapping parts if you want to go to that effort (Assuming your PinSide collection is up to date, I believe your Fish Tales fits the bill, but you will need to confirm).
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#9181 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I don't know, but a spark concerns me. Have you tested all fuses on the Dot Matrix Controller board - F601 & F602 (please pull them out to test)?
[quoted image]

Yep - I tested those too

#9182 5 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Yep - I tested those too

Does your Fish Tales use the same DMD controller board?

#9183 5 years ago

Here are some close ups of my data cables related to the DMD controller board. One of them does connect through the sound card, which may or may not have a bearing on the data display. My assumption is that some of the wires are passing data to the sound card and other wires are passing data to the DMD so sound card state may be irrelevant.

IMG_1903.JPGIMG_1903.JPGIMG_1904.JPGIMG_1904.JPGIMG_1905.JPGIMG_1905.JPG

#9184 5 years ago

Thanks - I will see if I can use Fish Tales - thanks for the pictures that may help.

Trying to not buy a color DMD when I want one for my Congo more....

#9185 5 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Thanks - I will see if I can use Fish Tales - thanks for the pictures that may help.
Trying to not buy a color DMD when I want one for my Congo more....

If you can't make a known good regular DMD work then a ColorDMD won't work either (assuming you don't have a power issue, but some sort of data problem).

Note that I have a PinSound installed, but the OEM sound card will have similar connector in similar location.

#9186 5 years ago

This is a data line issue. So its either your cables, the DMD board itself (which you've replaced) or the CPU board... like bad socket, ASIC connection, etc.

#9187 5 years ago

Well, I was hoping this day would eventually come. As of today, I'm a pinball polygamist!

IMG_1908.JPGIMG_1908.JPG
#9188 5 years ago

OK - it took all night and swapping of multiple parts and ribbon cables to figure it out.

It was the fliptropics board - I swapped it back and forth with a bad one I have. The board worked for the DMD but now the flipper has issues but a new rottendog board is only $79 shipped so I guess that is a win. But, I swapped the DMD controller board from Fish Tales and that was not it and I swapped the DMD multiple times with spares I had, it was just crazy. The Fliptronics board did it....so the new 5 volt Stern DMD plus adapter works well (it is from Stern Star Trek and it is red so it works well in Getaway).

I have ordered the board and will swap it out when I get it.

Now, I see the ramp switch in the back has issues hopefully I can fix that soon. If anyone has any ramp up down switch tips on what it takes to fix it all let me know.

Thanks for the tips and help on this forum - the pics helped a bunch!

file-71 (resized).jpegfile-71 (resized).jpegfile1-11 (resized).jpegfile1-11 (resized).jpeg
#9189 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, I was hoping this day would eventually come. As of today, I'm a pinball polygamist!
[quoted image]

Nice! It happens, enjoy!

#9190 5 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

OK - it took all night and swapping of multiple parts and ribbon cables to figure it out.
It was the fliptropics board - I swapped it back and forth with a bad one I have. The board worked for the DMD but now the flipper has issues but a new rottendog board is only $79 shipped so I guess that is a win. But, I swapped the DMD controller board from Fish Tales and that was not it and I swapped the DMD multiple times with spares I had, it was just crazy. The Fliptronics board did it....so the new 5 volt Stern DMD plus adapter works well (it is from Stern Star Trek and it is red so it works well in Getaway).
I have ordered the board and will swap it out when I get it.
Now, I see the ramp switch in the back has issues hopefully I can fix that soon. If anyone has any ramp up down switch tips on what it takes to fix it all let me know.
Thanks for the tips and help on this forum - the pics helped a bunch!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Well done. I too prefer the red DMD as I am sporting a PIN2DMD set to red. As far as the ramp goes, could be anything. My particular issue with the back ramp was a diode with a broken solder joint on the coil that controls the ramp elevation (kind of hard to get to on the underside far back of the playfield).

#9191 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

[quoted image]

That is so cool. I've played JP a few times. That's a good one. I so want another. Somehow, some day.

#9192 5 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

That is so cool. I've played JP a few times. That's a good one. I so want another. Somehow, some day.

No need to rush your collection, take your time and when the timing is right it will happen.... took me 15 years to build my 3 pin collection.

#9193 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

No need to rush your collection, take your time and when the timing is right it will happen.... took me 15 years to build my 3 pin collection.

The circumstances were just right for me or would not have happened this soon. Took me about 3 years to get #2, and I don't see #3 coming for at least that period of time barring any unforeseen circumstances.

#9194 5 years ago

I'm at 5, only over spent on 1 machine. Players condition is where it's at for me. I do miss my sf2 pin sometimes.

#9195 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Players condition is where it's at for me.

My Getaway was that way and I put tons of time and money into it, but well worth it as I really learned all about pinball doing so. This time the circumstances and price were so right for a pin in such good condition that I couldn't pass it up - not to mention, JP has been on my wish list since I got into pinball. I'm one of those where theme is probably my #1 criteria (of course the game play must be good). I know it bugs many, but even if gameplay is great, if the theme doesn't appeal to me then I'm really not interested. If pin theme is fantasy, pirates, horror, etc. then I'm out. Give me speed/cars, a good movie, sci-fi, humor, and for the most part I'm all in. May be weird to some, but just the way I am.

#9196 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well done. I too prefer the red DMD as I am sporting a PIN2DMD set to red. As far as the ramp goes, could be anything. My particular issue with the back ramp was a diode with a broken solder joint on the coil that controls the ramp elevation (kind of hard to get to on the underside far back of the playfield).

To correct myself, was a loose diode on a switch related to the ramp. Start here and read through several posts to see if your issue is similar: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/93#post-3543568

#9197 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I'm at 5, only over spent on 1 machine. Players condition is where it's at for me. I do miss my sf2 pin sometimes.

Ha ha, this pinball market has been all over the place. Back in the good old days operators were looking to sell off old beat up machines that had already made the ROI or cut their losses on something that didn't earn, now with the HUO all that's gone. My Getaway, my 1st pin, was $1500 shipped... seemed like a lot at the time but by today's standards not too bad. All my pins were bargain prices because I'm ok with fixing them up but when someone spends 6k on a NIB they really don't want to sell for half of what they paid

#9198 5 years ago

most I spent was 2500 on TMNT, 2200 on Getaway of course I got Comet for a song and ended up dumping like 1200 into but its practically a brand new game now.

#9199 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

My Getaway, my 1st pin, was $1500 shipped..

My third, $1200 picked up 5 mi away, have had it over 10 years

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9200 5 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

My third, $1200 picked up 5 mi away, have had it over 10 years
[quoted image]

Yup, exactly my point, shipping was $350 putting lots of old wpc titles at bargain prices.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/184?hl=wamonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.