• L3 9 votes
    3%
  • L5 99 votes
    35%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 286 votes by 285 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,290 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Getaway_Post_V2_2020-Jun-29_07-52-44PM-000_CustomizedView17482466215 (resized).png
2C86D68E-48F3-4C07-91BD-236F28923C3E (resized).jpeg
6E421C90-D057-4E51-8B83-6F0E5BD37D77 (resized).jpeg
22A20DC4-C4DF-488E-9C8A-62EF3899D5D3 (resized).jpeg
6D90E8DA-C4EC-455C-9E7F-947A8AEB7C4D (resized).jpeg
6866126D-D06B-4931-B226-F056E69D3674 (resized).jpeg
3B811AB7-6668-49FD-9697-D23C2368ECB5 (resized).jpeg
C4266231-047B-40EC-800D-90694C62D6DD (resized).jpeg
200F7482-8246-46E2-A7A4-7C24BDED3C7E (resized).jpeg
IMG_5965 (resized).PNG
7799E278-A5C6-4D20-BF13-0D698E018A01 (resized).jpeg
28EEE474-5FBA-43C5-9C61-3C2E04AF364F (resized).jpeg
20200608_130012 (resized).jpg
644A79A0-D8EE-478E-9D7C-4E5D7DDBBB04 (resized).jpeg
F7A9005D-03C6-4313-B53A-1CC33580593F (resized).jpeg
20200607_142030 (resized).jpg

There are 10708 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 215.
#9101 1 year ago
Quoted from steve1515:

Hmm... Interesting. I would like to add a comment that on mine, I had it off center and it didn't work correctly. I had to use some washers to raise it and also center it on the ball. Now the concave part of the shooter tip lines up perfectly center on the ball and it works 100% of the time.
Another note, that I've posted in the past was that on software L-2, there's a bug where you can get 2 balls pushed out into the shooter lane at the same time at the start of mutiball. I've posted steps to reproduce this in the past, but I don't think anyone has ever tried to confirm for me. Anyway... when this happens it usually causes the metal at the exit of the trough to bend outward and then causes additional problems. Not sure how to stop that though.
EDIT: Link to post about replicating the bug: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/43#post-3099181
If anyone can test this, I would appreciate it.

First I'm hearing of the bug. Very interesting as I have L2 and have never experienced the issue in literally hundreds of plays (at least that I can recall). When I get a chance and think about it, I'm going to have to take the glass off and give your sequence a try to see what happens.

#9102 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

First I'm hearing of the bug. Very interesting as I have L2 and have never experienced the issue in literally hundreds of plays (at least that I can recall). When I get a chance and think about it, I'm going to have to take the glass off and give your sequence a try to see what happens.

Thanks! It happens often for me. Since it's repeatable on mine, I'm feeling it's a bug in the code. I didn't want to mess with switches until I could confirm.

#9103 1 year ago
Quoted from steve1515:

Hmm... Interesting. I would like to add a comment that on mine, I had it off center and it didn't work correctly. I had to use some washers to raise it and also center it on the ball. Now the concave part of the shooter tip lines up perfectly center on the ball and it works 100% of the time.
Another note, that I've posted in the past was that on software L-2, there's a bug where you can get 2 balls pushed out into the shooter lane at the same time at the start of mutiball. I've posted steps to reproduce this in the past, but I don't think anyone has ever tried to confirm for me. Anyway... when this happens it usually causes the metal at the exit of the trough to bend outward and then causes additional problems. Not sure how to stop that though.
EDIT: Link to post about replicating the bug: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/43#post-3099181

I just replicated it on my L2 machine...two balls put into the shooter lane.

#9104 1 year ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I just replicated it on my L2 machine...two balls put into the shooter lane.

Thanks for testing it out! Now I know it's a bug for sure.

#9105 1 year ago
Quoted from steve1515:

I have L-5 and have never experienced that problem. Maybe time for an upgrade.

#9106 1 year ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Hard to take a picture, but here it is from the backside
[quoted image]

That is not factory.

The pin is just held to the arm with the threaded post and nut. That's someone's hack

#9107 1 year ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I have L-5 and have never experienced that problem. Maybe time for an upgrade.

It's possible this bug is also on L-5. Can you check to confirm?

#9108 1 year ago
Quoted from steve1515:

Every pin is different, position of the shooter may vary

#9109 1 year ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Every pin is different, position of the shooter may vary

New avatar? Almost didn't recognize you.

#9110 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

New avatar? Almost didn't recognize you.

lol, yeah not sure I'm going to keep it but I figured I'd switch it up and see

EDIT: That avatar didn't last long!

#9111 1 year ago

Well I picked up another getaway last week. I got a call from a friend about it so I went and got it completely in the dark to what I was going to purchase. After picking it up and opening it up, I must say it’s probably on if the cleanest dirty games I’ve came across. The parts needed to get it up and running were extremely minimal. A solid cleaning will go a long ways. Probably the strangest thing about this is the 2X insert is clear and doesn’t seem to have been replaced ever. Kinda strange

06496ABB-E62A-4DB0-B755-61ECCF92463F (resized).jpeg0ED498CD-911F-49CF-9846-6FE2AEC33901 (resized).jpeg32F5C6E8-653A-4549-9A4B-E0D6AAADCB57 (resized).jpeg64780B0D-D8B2-4A5E-AC2F-B2551B4D0C53 (resized).jpeg66587E30-47A1-4758-A828-383224ED9965 (resized).jpeg87ABCE41-9988-4C4A-BB46-1CAB3BCDEC88 (resized).jpeg9AD05468-BF8C-4731-813F-8F62DD30986C (resized).jpeg

#9112 1 year ago

Hi all.
Is anyone running a pin2dmd in their machine? I'm looking at getting one for Getaway. From what I can tell the Evolution model from Germany is plug and play but I would still like to modify some animations and wording if possible down the track.
I also believe that there is no coloured version available but people are working on it slowly?
Any help or advice appreciated.

#9113 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakusu:

Hi all.
Is anyone running a pin2dmd in their machine? I'm looking at getting one for Getaway. From what I can tell the Evolution model from Germany is plug and play but I would still like to modify some animations and wording if possible down the track.
I also believe that there is no coloured version available but people are working on it slowly?

DO NOT ORDER FROM GERMAN GAMING SUPPLIES

They have been blacklisted on the German Forum and the Operator of the company banned, as he is notorious for not delivering, and then not responding to emails until pressured by legal measures. There are abundant threads about the issue there. I have a PIN2DMD in my getaway and it works and looks great. I went through a lot of hassle with the company myself regarding receiving wrong parts, not receiving replacements, then receiving wrong replacements etc. I would NEVER buy another one there due to the issues with the shop. If you can get your hands on a used one, or if someone else has one in stock, you can go for it.

Here is the blacklist entry:
https://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/threads/germangamingsuplies-com-hier-im-forum-als-rappelbox-bekannt.200987/

That's my primary advice.

This is thing siilar:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Pinballsp/shop/

Runs on the same concept. the guy from germangamingsupplies claims that they stole his stuff.
Here is an exapmple of the muckraking between the two companies:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmdmk64-new-dmd-multicolor-by-pinballsp-is-on-the-way/

Decide rationally.

#9115 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakusu:

Hi all.

I am. You can configure it to any color and brightness you like. As for a colorized version, that is a long and detailed path that I’m not willing to get into here. Just search Pinside for the topic and my name. Also, check out the VP forums to get even more history/info on Getaway colorization. Many have worked on colorization (including myself) but Getaway seems to pose some unique challenges, not to mention the constant pushback and threats from Planetay Pinball and ColorDMD.

FYI, I bought mine a couple of years ago from GGS with no issues, so not sure what has changed since then.

#9116 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I am. You can configure it to any color and brightness you like. As for a colorized version, that is a long and detailed path that I’m not willing to get into here. Just search Pinside for the topic and my name. Also, check out the VP forums to get even more history/info on Getaway colorization.
FYI, I bought mine a couple of years ago from GGS with no issues, so not sure what has changed since then.

The WHAT is obvious. The WHY - according to the german community is depression. Sad, but absolutely not viable for doing business. I'm not trying to flame or troll. This is an honest and genuine heads-up to save yourselves some trouble.

#9117 1 year ago

Thanks for the feedback guys. I've reached out to pinballsp but they haven't developed the system yet apparently. Hard to know what to do.

#9118 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakusu:

Thanks for the feedback guys. I've reached out to pinballsp but they haven't developed the system yet apparently. Hard to know what to do.

Just get the Colordmd for it.

#9119 1 year ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I agree. There are a lot of oddities with the way you'd have to make the game work with a pin2dmd. I colored a little bit of the game but I plan to get a colorDMD for my getaway, which reminds me.....

Im a member of the club now!
Also, don't order from German Gaming Supplies. I'm 2 weeks away from the 1 year anniversary of him not filling an order I placed. Yes, I wrote it off, and no I don't expect him to ship or refund me.

GetAway (resized).jpg
#9120 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakusu:

I believe you can build your own if you really want to, parts list is out there somewhere. Also there use to be a US group that built/sold them, but I don't recall who exactly or if they are even still doing it.

As others have suggested, the "simple" way would be to purchase a ColorDMD. Also, while it is "more expensive" than the ColorDMD option, you must also consider your time to potentially build your own PIN2DMD if you cannot find a supplier and that a full colorization does not yet exist. However, if you are just looking for a low-voltage single color DMD replacement (originally what got me started), then some iteration of a PIN2DMD may still be your preferred option.

FYI, here are a couple of relevant links based upon some quick searching:

PIN2DMD DIY: http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3831-pin2dmd-for-125-diy
PIN2DMD & Parts for sale: http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3677-pin2dmd-displays-and-some-parts-for-sale

#9121 1 year ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I agree. There are a lot of oddities with the way you'd have to make the game work with a pin2dmd. I colored a little bit of the game but I plan to get a colorDMD for my getaway, which reminds me.....
Also, don't order from German Gaming Supplies. I'm 2 weeks away from the 1 year anniversary of him not filling an order I placed. Yes, I wrote it off, and no I don't expect him to ship or refund me. [quoted image]

First of all, congrats and welcome to the club! I believe you will find that we have a great group, and all kinds of expertise when it comes to supporting this pin. On top of that the Getaway community is very creative, offering all sorts of mods and customizations if you are into that sort of thing. If your more of a purist, we have several of those members too as all are welcome.

Secondly, I thought I remembered your screen name from the VP forum's Getaway Colorization topic (not sure where "Malenko" comes from, but figured highly unlikely two different people). From what I recall, you've done significant colorization work for various games. Anyway, I appreciate your contributions to the hobby, and definitely respect your opinions on the colorization topic.

#9122 1 year ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

No...I want to change some things on it.
this was the only regret I had on my last custom Getaway. Its not a cost thing at all, I want to personalise it for myself. I'd actually pay double a colordmd if there was a good solution. Thanks for the links above Ill keep researching!

#9123 1 year ago

I'm the same guy

Ive colorized Street Fighter II, Godzilla, Lethal Weapon 3, TMNT, MS Frankenstein, Baywatch, Terminator 2, Checkpoint, World Cup Soccer 94, and Terminator 3, and most of Batman Forever. Probably others, I cant think of off the top of my head and I cant access my gdrive at work to see. I looked at Getaway and the major issues are the screen wipes, and video mode. Pin2DMD doesnt handle video mode well and while I could cheat in simpler ones like Lethal Weapon 3's video modes, HS2G's video most is much more complex. I could probably get the car colored and make the road and everything on it grey, but ColorDMD's video mode would still be significantly better.

It certainly is closed source but I understand why. If you want to customize your colorization Pin2DMD is the only choice. It would still require coloring the entire game or hoping that someone released the colorization source files.

#9124 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakusu:

I'd actually pay double a colordmd if there was a good solution

If money is not your primary concern I can find someone to sell a PIN2DMD in GErmany, and help organizing payment and shipping to Australia (or bring it over and ship from Darwin personally in April). PM me if interested.

#9125 1 year ago

Game is put back together. Several of Tantrum's mods, a lambo of my own adding (Headlights turn on in Chase mode), and a new PF Protector (game is going on route). Thanks for everyone's help in answering questions!

20190305_110015 (resized).jpg
#9126 1 year ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Game is put back together. Several of Tantrum's mods, a lambo of my own adding (Headlights turn on in Chase mode), and a new PF Protector (game is going on route). Thanks for everyone's help in answering questions!
[quoted image]

Show me the money! G/L on route, should generate some coin for you.

#9127 1 year ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Also, don't order from German Gaming Supplies. I'm 2 weeks away from the 1 year anniversary of him not filling an order I placed. Yes, I wrote it off, and no I don't expect him to ship or refund me. [quoted image]

Welcome to the club, sorry to hear you got ripped off.

#9128 1 year ago

It was worth losing the money to know not to deal with him anymore.

So, I noticed I have a credit dot. I went into test mode and all the switches and solenoids worked fine but the dot is still there. Any common things I should look for or do?

#9129 1 year ago
Quoted from Malenko:

It was worth losing the money to know not to deal with him anymore.
So, I noticed I have a credit dot. I went into test mode and all the switches and solenoids worked fine but the dot is still there. Any common things I should look for or do?

When you first enter service mode (one press of the button only), after a second or two does it not report what the error is (this has been my experience when I've had credit dots)? Also, as I'm sure you know, often times it will appear if a particular switch or solenoid has not been tripped over a given length of plays. If you have not done so already, I would suggest taking the glass off, and manually trigger every switch and solenoid by hand and/or by manually directing the ball.

#9130 1 year ago

The only thing that pops up is Date/Time not set. Could that do it?

#9131 1 year ago
Quoted from Malenko:

The only thing that pops up is Date/Time not set. Could that do it?

I don't know, but I'd certainly give it a try.

If you don't have the manual, you can d/l here: https://www.ipdb.org/files/1000/Williams_1992_The_Getaway_High_Speed_II_English_Manual_with_OCR.pdf

Setting for date & time is in utilities menu | Page 1-18 in manual (setting U.4)

Also, do you have fresh batteries installed?

#9132 1 year ago

NVRAM

#9133 1 year ago

Ahh, me too. Just figured since it wanted date & time that you had batteries. Have you tried setting yet to see if it resolves credit dot?

#9134 1 year ago

Was messing around with etawaynlast night and noticed that I can’t eat the secret red light mania to work. Was this this available on all roms? I know my last getaway had it but can’t remember what rom was in it.

Also after putting LEDs in the controlled lights, I have the red/violet line ghosting really bad, but only when I have a socket in the red light mania bulb. If I pull the socket out everything is fine. Switches sockets and still have the same problem. Any ideas?

#9135 1 year ago

previous owner put it back to factory settings. I'll set the date and time when I get home and see if it fixes it.

#9136 1 year ago

Remember with the NVRAM installed, the date and time only advances when the machine is turned on. When off, the date and time will not advance until it is rebooted. At least that's how mine works with the NVRAM installed in my games.

#9137 1 year ago

anybody got a extra translite for the game? in need!

#9138 1 year ago
#9139 1 year ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Also after putting LEDs in the controlled lights, I have the red/violet line ghosting really bad, but only when I have a socket in the red light mania bulb. If I pull the socket out everything is fine. Switches sockets and still have the same problem. Any ideas?

Could that mean that the particular LED you have in the red light mania socket has a fairly leaky diode? Maybe try a different bulb if you have one to see if the behavior changes.

#9140 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

What country are you

#9141 1 year ago

it was the date/time setting. Dot is gone wooo hooo

#9142 1 year ago

Got mine a few weeks ago, an Italian re-import. Came to me LED'ed (some UVs) and mostly glow-in-the-dark rubber.

Completed the GITD rubber, added sticker mods (thanks Mr_Tantrum for the sticker and coin window art and jakusu for the supercharger help! ), did the subwoofer upgrade, repainted the coin door, and installed BriteCaps Evos.

Getaway is a great game!
20190309_211606 (resized).jpg20190309_211627 (resized).jpg20190309_211633 (resized).jpg

#9143 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I have the alternate one that I’m not using if you’re in to that.

#9144 1 year ago
Quoted from MJW:

I have the alternate one that I’m not using if you’re in to that.its the one shown in post #2 of this thread.

#9145 1 year ago
Quoted from Barr993:

Got mine a few weeks ago, an Italian re-import. Came to me LED'ed (some UVs) and mostly glow-in-the-dark rubber.
Completed the GITD rubber, added sticker mods (thanks Mr_Tantrum for the sticker and coin window art and jakusu for the supercharger help! ), did the subwoofer upgrade, repainted the coin door, and installed BriteCaps Evos.
Getaway is a great game!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club. Enjoy and try not to go broke moding it out.

#9146 1 year ago
Quoted from john17a:

What country are you

united states

#9147 1 year ago

not big on it, but depending on price I might try it.

#9148 1 year ago

not a big fan , but depending on price I might try it out.

#9149 1 year ago
Quoted from MJW:

I have the alternate one that I’m not using if you’re in to that.

whats your price, not a big fan, but it might have to do for now.

#9150 1 year ago

Freight will be ridiculous

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 10708 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 215.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside