• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4875 (resized).jpeg
get2 (resized).jpg
get3 (resized).jpg
get1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4154 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt_la_canyons_15-4-120-14-24-33 (resized).jpg
IMG_4302 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
media-pinball-display-mounting-bracket (resized).jpg
IMG_7017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpeg

There are 13,738 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 275.
#9001 5 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Send me a PM with yr Paypal info and we will talk color .. Later ,, B_R

Thanks for the compliments, & PM Sent.

#9002 5 years ago

props for metal-mods on these bumper cap decals

https://metal-mods.com/

GHS1 (resized).jpgGHS1 (resized).jpgGHS2 (resized).jpgGHS2 (resized).jpg
#9003 5 years ago

so.... i have multiple real stop lights, very large ones. i want to hook one up to my getaway pinball. maybe attached to the wall above it. anyone with any ideas on how to accomplish this task?

#9004 5 years ago
Quoted from Beaumistim:

so.... i have multiple real stop lights, very large ones. i want to hook one up to my getaway pinball. maybe attached to the wall above it. anyone with any ideas on how to accomplish this task?

#9005 5 years ago
Quoted from Beaumistim:

someone just did it with HIgh Speed... search for it here on pinside.

#9006 5 years ago

I found this: http://www.arcadetreasure.com/projects/getaway.htm

Apparently there is a circuit board involved. If you click the link to show all pictures you will see the diagram. Unfortunately, the link he gives to where he learned how to do it is dead.

#9007 5 years ago

I posted about this issue when I first got my getaway, but I never resolved it. I'm ready to take care of it now, so wanted to run my situation by you guys.

When the cherry topper is supposed to start running (i.e. during video mode), the following happens:

The light turns on (but the reflector does not spin)
A sound as if the motor is trying to run (buzzing sound)
Sometimes the light shudders a few times, as if it's stuck and breaking free
The light starts to spin

Sometimes it works fine, other times it just lights up without spinning for the entire video mode (or multi ball or whatever).

Any ideas? Should I just replace the motor?

#9008 5 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

I posted about this issue when I first got my getaway, but I never resolved it. I'm ready to take care of it now, so wanted to run my situation by you guys.
When the cherry topper is supposed to start running (i.e. during video mode), the following happens:
The light turns on (but the reflector does not spin)
A sound as if the motor is trying to run (buzzing sound)
Sometimes the light shudders a few times, as if it's stuck and breaking free
The light starts to spin
Sometimes it works fine, other times it just lights up without spinning for the entire video mode (or multi ball or whatever).
Any ideas? Should I just replace the motor?

Gears could be stripped... it's cheap enough to replace but it's up to you what to do.

#9009 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Gears could be stripped... it's cheap enough to replace but it's up to you what to do.

Also, you could remove the dome cover and see if the set screw is holding tight.

Check it out in your Mars lamp test.

#9010 5 years ago

Here's a short video illustrating my issue with the Mars lamp.

#9011 5 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Flaky motor? Have you put a meter on the motor input to see if you are getting correct/constant power?

#9012 5 years ago

More likely going to be a binding issue or gear issue before being power related i'm thinking

#9013 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

More likely going to be a binding issue or gear issue before being power related i'm thinking

For sure

#9014 5 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Ive had similar problems try mars lamps on test and then try pushing the 2 wires into base of lamp

Stay on the insulation and you'll be sweet

#9015 5 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

Ive had similar problems try mars lamps on test and then try pushing the 2 wires into base of lamp
Stay on the insulation and you'll be sweet

I'll give that a try tonight. I'll also put my voltmeter on there, for good measure. After that, I may try to take the motor apart. Thanks, all! If anyone else has ideas, I'm all ears.

#9016 5 years ago

Just joined the club. I bought a Getaway specifically to put on location in my local exotic car club. I've just gone through the boards, bullet proofing, redoing all the high current headers and connectors (solenoids, GI's, MPU 5V, etc.). Getting ready to rebuild flippers and change out some of the coil sleeves. I have a playfield PEG protector for it, since it will be on location, but the DP playfield is in pretty good shape. No wear, but a little checking hear and there. It has the Medzel Topper mod, Donut Heaven and Caprice Cop Car mods. I'd like to add a Diablo, but don't see a kit, so will need to make my own. What size are the mid-size cars that match the larger Medzel Mod? 1:24?

Also, anything else other than normal shop stuff, I should address before putting it on location? It will see mild use at the car club, but don't want to be getting calls on it all the time.

Oh, and about 8 pages back, who did/or makes the bezel gauge mod? That's bad ass.

a76bf859c3b2de316f35e63ac207603dbaccde51 (resized).jpga76bf859c3b2de316f35e63ac207603dbaccde51 (resized).jpg
#9017 5 years ago

Welcome to the club - very nice looking Getaway! I even see a few of my custom mods on it - luv it!

Regarding the "bezel guage" mod, not sure what you are referring to? Got a pic and/or link?

#9018 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Just joined the club. I bought a Getaway specifically to put on location in my local exotic car club. I've just gone through the boards, bullet proofing, redoing all the high current headers and connectors (solenoids, GI's, MPU 5V, etc.). Getting ready to rebuild flippers and change out some of the coil sleeves. I have a playfield PEG protector for it, since it will be on location, but the DP playfield is in pretty good shape. No wear, but a little checking hear and there. It has the Medzel Topper mod, Donut Heaven and Caprice Cop Car mods. I'd like to add a Diablo, but don't see a kit, so will need to make my own. What size are the mid-size cars that match the larger Medzel Mod? 1:24?
Also, anything else other than normal shop stuff, I should address before putting it on location? It will see mild use at the car club, but don't want to be getting calls on it all the time.
Oh, and about 8 pages back, who did/or makes the bezel gauge mod? That's bad ass.[quoted image]

Err, that's my pin... but I think you mean the sling gauge mod. That was done by Mustang back in the day before the star post leds, which I used in the pic that you posted, these are easy enough to install but they are not a prefab mod.

#9019 5 years ago

That's not my pin....sorry for the confusion. I was posting that pic from several pages back to show the bezel mod. The bezel mod I'm referring too is the lighting around the DMD. It looks backlit. Or is that just an effect from camera flash?

#9020 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

That's not my pin....sorry for the confusion. I was posting that pic from several pages back to show the bezel mod. The bezel mod I'm referring too is the lighting around the DMD. It looks backlit. Or is that just an effect from camera flash?

Oh, I have that on mine (i believe he has the higher end model, but I opted for the basic version - just white light but you can set brightness and you must use/mod your existing pane to let the light come through): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/147#post-4198015

You can get it here: https://lightedpinballmods.com/product-category/lighted-speaker-panels/?swoof=1&product_tag=the-getaway&paged=1&really_curr_tax=18-product_cat

#9021 5 years ago

Lots of cool mods you have developed...will definitely be ordering some. On one of your mod pics I can see a Diablo on the right near the donut shop. I haven't been able to find any.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/97#post-3568232

#9022 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Lots of cool mods you have developed...will definitely be ordering some. On one of your mod pics I can see a Diablo on the right near the donut shop. I haven't been able to find any.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/97#post-3568232

That Diablo was near impossible to find, and now it's not longer in my ebay purchase history. However, it was a 1/32 scale period Diablo (although it did have the rear spoiler, and I'm too chicken to try to cut it off).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/100#post-3588752

I do see this one on ebay - terrible pic, however.

ebay.com link: SCALEXTRIC 1 32ND C411 LAMBORGHINI DIABLO RED MINT UNBOXED BARGAIN

#9023 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

That Diablo was near impossible to find, and now it's not longer in my ebay purchase history. However, it was a 1/32 scale period Diablo (although it did have the rear spoiler, and I'm too chicken to try to cut it off).
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/100#post-3588752
I do see this one on ebay - terrible pic, however.
ebay.com link » Scalextric 1 32nd C411 Lamborghini Diablo Red Mint Unboxed Bargain

Thanks for the heads up. I went ahead and bought it....should be okay since title says new in box and it's a known brand. I'll whip up an LED circuit for the head lights. I have both 12v and 3v Leds from another project so I can do a voltage divider from either 6vdc insert or 20vdc flasher...any suggestions on which feature to tie into that makes sense? I don't know the rules well enough to know what makes sense. For mounting, any suggestions other than simple velcro or double sided tape?

#9024 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Thanks for the heads up. I went ahead and bought it....should be okay since title says new in box and it's a known brand. I'll whip up an LED circuit for the head lights. I have both 12v and 3v Leds from another project so I can do a voltage divider from either 6vdc insert or 20vdc flasher...any suggestions on which feature to tie into that makes sense? I don't know the rules well enough to know what makes sense. For mounting, any suggestions other than simple velcro or double sided tape?

I run all of my accessories like that off the GI circuit (lower voltage) but I’m sure those with more experience than me can give better advice. To mount, I typically use the clear 3M mounting tape. It is strong, thick, and has flex/give to it. Anything more permenant would require either something destructive (ie drilling holes) or would be visible (eg zip ties, mounting bracket, etc.). Then again, others may have better ideas.

https://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Permanent-Clear-Mounting-pounds/dp/B00004Z4BU/ref=sr_1_4

#9025 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Err, that's my pin... but I think you mean the sling gauge mod. That was done by Mustang back in the day before the star post leds, which I used in the pic that you posted, these are easy enough to install but they are not a prefab mod.

My comment still applies . . . Very nice looking Getaway! I even PM’d him to ask who sold it to him because I knew i recognized the pin. Thought one of our faithful discretely left the club.

#9026 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I run all of my accessories like that off the GI circuit (lower voltage) but I’m sure those with more experience than me can give better advice. To mount, I typically use the clear 3M mounting tape. It is strong, thick, and has flex/give to it. Anything more permenant would require either something destructive (ie drilling holes) or would be visible (eg zip ties, mounting bracket, etc.). Then again, others may have better ideas.
amazon.com link »

GI would be on all the time...the police car comes on with the beacon so I was thinking that some mode or feature should illuminate the headlights. But maybe just on all the time makes sense. Hmmmm.

#9027 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Oh, I have that on mine (i believe he has the higher end model, but I opted for the basic version - just white light but you can set brightness and you must use/mod your existing pane to let the light come through): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/147#post-4198015
You can get it here: https://lightedpinballmods.com/product-category/lighted-speaker-panels/?swoof=1&product_tag=the-getaway&paged=1&really_curr_tax=18-product_cat

So, I checked out your version of the light panel. If I'm understanding correctly one can roll their own by cutting away the back panel and installing their own lighting? The relay circuit I can do myself as well as mounting various lamps. Just seems a lot cheaper than the $150 kit.

#9028 5 years ago

Can also use adhesive backed velcro stripping to attach small mods like the Lambo or cop cars.

#9029 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Err, that's my pin...

There's an imposter in our midst! Which one is the REAL tilt?

#9031 5 years ago

lol! This is by far the best forum on Pinside!

#9032 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

So, I checked out your version of the light panel. If I'm understanding correctly one can roll their own by cutting away the back panel and installing their own lighting? The relay circuit I can do myself as well as mounting various lamps. Just seems a lot cheaper than the $150 kit.

Sure you could make your own. I would like to point out that the light panel is sold separately from the speaker plastic; so you can do like Mr T did and cut the black off the original or buy one from them that has no black backing, like the one I used. Yes, it's an added cost but my original is intact, however that's another $100 added to the cost.

#9033 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

My comment still applies . . . Very nice looking Getaway! I even PM’d him to ask who sold it to him because I knew i recognized the pin. Thought one of our faithful discretely left the club.

Thanks! If I ever sell the pin I would let you know but as of now I have no plans on doing that so you're stuck with me for the time being.

#9034 5 years ago

Dispatch, this is 504. I've sold my Getaway and am out of the club, over.

#9036 5 years ago

Damn they’re shooting at us!

I’ll still follow this group tho, you guys are one of the best. Always tons of great tips and interactions.

#9038 5 years ago

I just want to say, and those who know me will corroborate that I'm not someone to hold onto games too long. There is something about this game today just nails it for me that I keep on coming back for more. At one point I was going to sell and I pulled the ad. It's a mystery to me though bc on paper it's a snoozer but the implementation of the music effects the speed the toy.... It's prob my pound for pound favorite machine.

#9039 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I just want to say, and those who know me will corroborate that I'm not someone to hold onto games too long. There is something about this game today just nails it for me that I keep on coming back for more. At one point I was going to sell and I pulled the ad. It's a mystery to me though bc on paper it's a snoozer but the implementation of the music effects the speed the toy.... It's prob my pound for pound favorite machine.

Well, I love my Getaway (first and only thus far), so I don’t plan on ever getting rid of it, unless you start missing yours and want to go even trade for your AFM.

#9040 5 years ago

I know, I know. JK. I was just picturing tilt seeing your pic and thinking, "wait a GODDAMN minute"

#9041 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

GI would be on all the time...the police car comes on with the beacon so I was thinking that some mode or feature should illuminate the headlights. But maybe just on all the time makes sense. Hmmmm.

I just have an interior light on mine, so I keep it on all the time with GI.

#9042 5 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

I know, I know. JK. I was just picturing tilt seeing your pic and thinking, "wait a GODDAMN minute"

Ha-ha, it was more like... that machime looks nice, hmm, wait a minute that looks familiar, I think that might be my machine... err yeah, that's my pin! Lol

#9043 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I tinkered with the idea of doing my own (others have here), but when I looked at it and what was required I decided just to buy myself a gift to make it easy. I did not buy the panel they offer which has even more light up areas like Tilt's. Rather, I used my existing panel but cutaway the blackout on the back of it from the areas I wanted light to shine through (gauges, switches, dials, etc.) A photo of mine is attached, but you can see how much more Tilt's lights up when you compare the pics. I could tear away that blackout too in order to show more of the dash, but for now I'm happy with what I have.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

#9044 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Ha-ha, it was more like... that machime looks nice, hmm, wait a minute that looks familiar, I think that might be my machine... err yeah, that's my pin! Lol

I learned my lesson when I was a newbie here. I was looking for topper idea, and I forgot who's pin it was but I posted a pic because it has the original cardboard topper that went over the beacon light. I made a comment about how bad/cheap it looked, purely assessing Williams feeble effort at a topper for the Getaway, but the owner took it personally that I was criticizing him and his pin (not my intent whatsoever).

Anyway, now if I ever do post pics of other's stuff, I try to make it very clear who's it is and why I'm doing it. Most everyone here seems to be pretty laid back, but on occasion some feathers do seem to get a little ruffled.

#9045 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I tinkered with the idea of doing my own (others have here), but when I looked at it and what was required I decided just to buy myself a gift to make it easy. I did not buy the panel they offer which has even more light up areas like Tilt's. Rather, I used my existing panel but cutaway the blackout on the back of it from the areas I wanted light to shine through (gauges, switches, dials, etc.) A photo of mine is attached, but you can see how much more Tilt's lights up when you compare the pics. I could tear away that blackout too in order to show more of the dash, but for now I'm happy with what I have.
[quoted image]

Yours looks nice and is sort of what I had in mind at first too. I really like the mod but another thing to note is the panel I have is the deluxe panel which has the ability to display different colors other than white, I have it set to light blue. Additionally, it has different color speaker lights but I decided not to run them because the red color wasn't a good red and the other colors are just too much for my taste. I had some problems with my 1st panel that I bought at Pinfest, they swapped it out and also gave me a free standard panel which is just sitting in a box and I may try it out on my Shadow.

Here are a few other colors...

Dark blue speaker (resized).jpgDark blue speaker (resized).jpgRed speaker (resized).jpgRed speaker (resized).jpglight blue (resized).jpglight blue (resized).jpgpink-white (resized).jpgpink-white (resized).jpg
#9046 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Yours looks nice and is sort of what I had in mind at first too. I really like the mod but another thing to note is the panel I have is the deluxe panel which has the ability to display different colors other than white, I have it set to light blue. Additionally, it has different color speaker lights but I decided not to run them because the red color wasn't a good red and the other colors are just too much for my taste. I had some problems with my 1st panel that I bought at Pinfest, they swapped it out and also gave me a free standard panel which is just sitting in a box and I may try it out on my Shadow.
Here are a few other colors...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Have to admit, that looks pretty sweet!

Can’t believe you have another just sitting around in a box. My OCD would have had that thing installed the first weekend I brought it home, at the latest.

#9047 5 years ago

Guess I have a bigger problem than the Mars lamp. Playing tonight and the whole machine shut off. Now when I turn it on, nothing turns on except the dmd, which only displays a single line across the top and bottom. Any idea where to start?

#9048 5 years ago

Gi lamps don't even turn on? What voltages do you have on the driver board at the 5v and 12v test points.

#9049 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Gi lamps don't even turn on? What voltages do you have on the driver board at the 5v and 12v test points.

No power to the GI. When I lifted the playfield to look, I noticed a red light was on what I believe was the opto board (bottom left of the lifted playfield). So some power is getting there.

I'll try to figure how to test the driver board voltages when I get home today. Thanks!

#9050 5 years ago

Pulled some fuses to check. One of them was bad. I went to the hardware store to grab a fuse. While I was there I realized that there were probably different amperage fuses on the board. lol, I am dumb.

So when I pulled fuses to figure out my supercharger issue a few weeks ago, I pulled ALL the fuses off the power driver board and just had them all mixed together, assuming they were all 3A SB. clearly that's not the case. At least I'm learning, I guess.

I also learned how to use the test points and an slowly figuring out the voltmeter. I need to go back to the store to grab the correct fuse, but I assume that was my issue. Thanks for the help.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
There are 13,738 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/181?hl=red-line and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.