• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 277.
#8951 5 years ago

Thanks all that is what I needed

#8952 5 years ago

On my last container game (Creature) I just sprung for the full new assemblies and bats and let me tell ya, it was worth it to toss out all that old junk and start over with fresh new parts. Plus I’ll admit, they’re the newest, snappiest flippers that I’ve flipped on a game of that era, so that’s nice too.

#8953 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

On my last container game (Creature) I just sprung for the full new assemblies and bats and let me tell ya, it was worth it to toss out all that old junk and start over with fresh new parts. Plus I’ll admit, they’re the newest, snappiest flippers that I’ve flipped on a game of that era, so that’s nice too.

I have the coils so basically only using the plate so it should be almost 100% new.

#8954 5 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I have the coils so basically only using the plate so it should be almost 100% new.

Who knows dude. Maybe the plates warp? I dunno why, but man that Creature flips nice.

I did a more traditional rebuild on my Getaway flippers (pawl, sleeve, stop, springs and EOS) with new bats, and they're good and strong, but not as good or as strong. Bushings looked fine but I didn't replace them so that might be a thing too.

Anyways, it's certainly cheaper just to do a rebuild so that's a plus. You can get the assemblies at PBL without the coils IIRC, that saves you a few bucks. My coils were looking real sketch tho.

#8955 5 years ago

Fixed my supercharger issue - it was a blown fuse that looked like it was fine.

When the SC stopped working I thought "well it's still scoring, so it's no big deal." I played a few games and did a 180. The SC adds so much more than aesthetic to the game. Not having a SC also makes multi balls WAY harder.

#8956 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Bushings looked fine but I didn't replace them so that might be a thing too.

The most overlooked part of rebuilds... the side to side slop kills so much flipper power...

#8957 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The most overlooked part of rebuilds... the side to side slop kills so much flipper power...

Exactly. I replace them every shop job on my games now, but with Getaway I got caught flat footed and had to make a call. I cleaned and inspected and they looked fine but I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the difference maker.

#8958 5 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

That's what I thougt too. Turned out the original parts had been partially replaced before with indistinguishable others, which were still somehow not compatible. Ended up disassembling the assy twice.
Flippers are the one and only connection between you and the ball. No point in saving there.

#8959 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

That's what I thougt too. Turned out the original parts had been partially replaced before with indistinguishable others, which were still somehow not compatible. Ended up disassembling the assy twice.
Flippers are the one and only connection between you and the ball. No point in saving there.

I am replacing the bushings only the metal plate will be original. I won’t be skipping anything in the rebuild if I have them apart that much might as well go the whole way.

#8960 5 years ago

Well, here is my next idea - custom 3D printed flipper toppers. To this point, I've had mixed thoughts about flipper toppers, but thought I would give them a try. The ones out there I really don't like. Checkered flag? What is that, this is not a racing game with never ending left hand turns around a track. "High Speed"? Come on, that's lazy and fits the original game. What about the third flipper - haven't seen anyone offer a set of 3 yet?

Anyway, my idea is a rendering of the featured car, the logo, and something for the third flipper. Here is what I've come up with so far, but am open to ideas. I need to do some more test printing with these designs but basically here is the process:

1) A .6mm base color (red in my example)
2) A .6mm upper color (white in my example)
3) The base color is solid and the upper color is cutout so you can see the base color below it (kind of like an emboss/relief)
4) Total thickness is 1.2 mm and these would adhere directly to the top of the flipper bat with pre-installed adhesive backing
5) I can print in just about any color as long as I have the filament, so I can customize to color schemes of everyone's Getaway and I'm happy to create a rendering for you to approve with your color scheme(s) before ordering.

I'm offering the set of 3 for $12 including shipping to US. The first test prints came out pretty well, and just needs a couple of tweaks (thicken some lines so they print & clean up some small spots). Even so, I thought I would throw it out there to engage interest and allow others to offer their ideas. If you are ready to purchase, just PM me and we'll work out the details.

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG

#8961 5 years ago

Here is revised upper flipper "Getaway" version in white on red and red on white. Still a couple of little spots I can easily fix on the white one.

IMG_1775.JPGIMG_1775.JPG
#8962 5 years ago

Hi all,

Here's my take on the Mountain Mod:

IMG_20190121_134915055 (resized).jpgIMG_20190121_134915055 (resized).jpg

If you look at the other mountain mods available, including the original, they try to compensate for the path of the super charger, which forces an awkward design, IMHO. So instead of fighting that, I just scaled it back and made something that matches more like the mountain from the plastics.

This is a prototype which didn't turn out perfect, so I let my daughter paint it for me (a little more snow than the original artwork, but not bad for an eleven year old).

IMG_20190121_140258436 (resized).jpgIMG_20190121_140258436 (resized).jpg

The other benefit is that it fit under the plastic. Of course, you may not want the artwork plastic under the model (that would look weird) but I had created a clear replica because I was originally hoping to get an original mountain mod someday.

IMG_20190121_140618781 (resized).jpgIMG_20190121_140618781 (resized).jpg

Thanks for looking!

#8963 5 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

Hi all,
[quoted image]
If you look at the other mountain mods available, including the original, they try to compensate for the path of the super charger, which forces an awkward design, IMHO. So instead of fighting that, I just scaled it back and made something that matches more like the mountain from the plastics.
This is a prototype which didn't turn out perfect, so I let my daughter paint it for me (a little more snow than the original artwork, but not bad for an eleven year old).
[quoted image]
The other benefit is that it fit under the plastic. Of course, you may not want the artwork plastic under the model (that would look weird) but I had created a clear replica because I was originally hoping to get an original mountain mod someday.
[quoted image]
Thanks for looking!

That looks GREAT and tell your daughter she did a mighty fine job on the painting.

#8964 5 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

Hi all,
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Thanks for looking!

Very nice, and you beat me to it! Do you plan on producing/selling these!

#8965 5 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

Hi all,
Here's my take on the Mountain Mod
[quoted image]

That looks great!
The original looks more like a baked potato with sour cream than a snow capped mountain.

#8966 5 years ago

So, here are pics of my final flipper toppers. I will sell set of 3 which including postage within US for $12. Please PM if interested, and I can do just about any color you may want for one or both layers.

IMG_1779.JPGIMG_1779.JPG

IMG_7400.JPGIMG_7400.JPGIMG_7402.JPGIMG_7402.JPGIMG_7404.JPGIMG_7404.JPG
#8967 5 years ago

I've seen a couple different types of mountain mods. Which was the first "original" mountain mod?

I like mjenison's version above. What other versions are out there between the original and mjenison's mountain?

#8968 5 years ago
Quoted from Risingjay1:

I've seen a couple different types of mountain mods. Which was the first "original" mountain mod?
I like mjenison's version above. What other versions are out there between the original and mjenison's mountain?

There was a remake of the original that had official approval at one point. Very limited production and as I recall they sold out pretty fast.

Also, this one from Mezel Mods (no longer available): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/125#post-3803588

And of course, my decal version (shameless plug): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/153#post-4312462

#8969 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

There was a remake of the original that had official approval at one point. Very limited production and as I recall they sold out pretty fast.

If I could find one I could reproduce it. I do like MJENISON version though

#8970 5 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

Hi all,
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Thanks for looking!

You went to all that work to make such an awesome mod, now would you mind taking the glass off and getting some better pics for us to see? Would also be good to have some close-ups from various angles.

Also, what was your process (3D printer or something else)? Are you going to produce to sell or if 3D printed share/sell the STL files?

#8971 5 years ago
Quoted from Risingjay1:

I think this was modeled from the original:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hsii-getaway-mountain-mod-any-interest

#8972 5 years ago

FYI, I've never been a fan of the original just because of how bulky it is and how much of the detail it eats up in the back right of the pin. Your's however, I'm really starting to like a lot, and you did a fantastic job! There are a couple of things I would like to see tweaked. Mainly some of what appears to be flat surfaces around the cave entrance need to be addressed. You could also have the entrance arch be printed separately in a different color and maybe give it some more detail, then design to glue on. Another idea I have would be to put some boulders/fallen rocks on the platforms where the screw mounts are so they are not just flat surfaces. I really like the snow your daughter painted and think it's near perfect.

Mountains.jpgMountains.jpg

#8973 5 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

If I could find one I could reproduce it. I do like MJENISON version though

Hey KD, nice to hear from you. I hope everything is well . . . see you at TPF this year?

#8974 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

FYI, I've never been a fan of the original just because of how bulky it is and how much of the detail it eats up in the back right of the pin. Your's however, I'm really starting to like a lot, and you did a fantastic job! There are a couple of things I would like to see tweaked. Mainly some of what appears to be flat surfaces around the cave entrance need to be addressed. You could also have the entrance arch be printed separately in a different color and maybe give it some more detail, then design to glue on. Another idea I have would be to put some boulders/fallen rocks on the platforms where the screw mounts are so they are not just flat surfaces. I even really like the snow your daughter painted and think it's near perfect.
[quoted image]

Agree with your feedback regarding the front. It took many hours to get this far, with many test prints to get around that *%&! switch on the habitrail; got kind of burnt out tackling that problem that I just threw on the entrance at the end so I could get some early feedback.

After reviewing the DMD animation, I noticed it shows a profile of the cave entrance; I was going to try to model it to match that, but needed a break for a while, and gauge interest in the meantime.

I'll round off the front to make it look more natural and make the stones in the archway larger/more defined.

#8975 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Also, this one from Mezel Mods (no longer available): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/125#post-3803588
And of course, my decal version (shameless plug): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/153#post-4312462

Mezelmods is still selling the mountain. https://mezelmods.com/search?q=Mountain
CA1D5932-6E56-4FE7-B708-2A4FDDC86A5F (resized).jpegCA1D5932-6E56-4FE7-B708-2A4FDDC86A5F (resized).jpeg

F386A14C-04CD-4D48-8F28-DBACC22C98D0 (resized).jpegF386A14C-04CD-4D48-8F28-DBACC22C98D0 (resized).jpeg
#8976 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Mezelmods is still selling the mountain. https://mezelmods.com/search?q=Mountain[quoted image]

Thanks for the correction, don't know how I overlooked it when I searched by game.

#8977 5 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

Agree with your feedback regarding the front. It took many hours to get this far, with many test prints to get around that *%&! switch on the habitrail; got kind of burnt out tackling that problem that I just threw on the entrance at the end so I could get some early feedback.
After reviewing the DMD animation, I noticed it shows a profile of the cave entrance; I was going to try to model it to match that, but needed a break for a while, and gauge interest in the meantime.
I'll round off the front to make it look more natural and make the stones in the archway larger/more defined.

I don't think you'll have too much issue with people being interested. Seems like they swarm like sharks to blood in the water anytime a mountain mod comes up. Again, I know it is personal preference, but I like your design significantly better than the original given my previous comments and I'm sure others will too. I'd say you are 80-90% there, but it's always the last 10-20% that takes the most effort and time to get it exactly how you want.

#8978 5 years ago

my light is missing on top, what is the best aftermarket light to use to replace it? size?

#8979 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

my light is missing on top, what is the best aftermarket light to use to replace it? size?

If you mean the red dome light? there is an add for the internal complete unit on Pinside and the dome itself is also available at parts suppliers, at least in Oz they were available anyway.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1027-tilted-pinball/01126-reproduction-the-getaway-high-speed-ii-beacon

Edit : just had a look for the dome in Oz, seems to have gone missing
Edit x 2 : Found some
https://www.pinballinc.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=161

#8980 5 years ago

The domes seem to go in and out of stock... so if you are in need... should buy now

#8981 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Again, I know it is personal preference, but I like your design significantly better than the original given my previous comments and I'm sure others will too.

You've got my vote too.

#8982 5 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

Hi all,
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Thanks for looking!

Nice work!!! You have a improved design in my opinion. I have the original design. Does sort of look like a baked potato like one guy said . You should sell them.

#8983 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I hope everything is well . . . see you at TPF this year?

I'll be there, working with Titan Pinball

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8984 5 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

I'll be there, working with Titan Pinball
[quoted image]

Looks like you won't be thirsty!

#8985 5 years ago

RTBB has them in stock but post will hurt

#8986 5 years ago

notice several machines I see on here don't have mylar over the center playfield. Mine has a few bubbles in it and was thinking about removing it. even though it has the diamond plate playfield wondering was the mylar factory, or did someone apply this? ive removed mylar from a whirlwind before and the glue was a pain in the ass to get off and I got a little insert decal lift when I did it. with so many decals and inserts on this machine in the center, I might be better off just leaving it alone. any war stories on this?

#8987 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

notice several machines I see on here don't have mylar over the center playfield. Mine has a few bubbles in it and was thinking about removing it. even though it has the diamond plate playfield wondering was the mylar factory, or did someone apply this? ive removed mylar from a whirlwind before and the glue was a pain in the ass to get off and I got a little insert decal lift when I did it. with so many decals and inserts on this machine in the center, I might be better off just leaving it alone. any war stories on this?

Center of the machine as in the rpm inserts or up top between the pop bumpers? Pop bumper area yes factory. Center rpm not factory... although, I'm not 100% sure if it's a prototype but I'm pretty sure those were not diamond coated.

#8988 5 years ago

Yes, between the jet bumpers is factory installed.
As the machines were new, the full Maylar for the middle of the playfield were always under the playfield
in the cabinet besides the Manuel Paper Bag. Buthamburg was the workshop for Nova Games, Nova Games
was the general importer for Bally Willaims. Buthamburg was contracted to do all the updates, often we also had to reprogram
the pins and do coinage for the verios countries.

Have a nice day
Regards froi Hamburg
Leon and Peter
www.buthamburg.de

#8989 5 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Yes, between the jet bumpers is factory installed.
As the machines were new, the full Maylar for the middle of the playfield were always under the playfield
in the cabinet besides the Manuel Paper Bag. Buthamburg was the workshop for Nova Games, Nova Games
was the general importer for Bally Willaims. Buthamburg was contracted to do all the updates, often we also had to reprogram
the pins and do coinage for the verios countries.
Have a nice day
Regards froi Hamburg
Leon and Peter
www.buthamburg.de

That is interesting, and thanks for chiming in with your first-hand historical perspective.

#8990 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Please clarify. Do you just need the plastic dome or are you missing the entire assembly (pics are always appreciated)?

#8991 5 years ago

Thought I would share my latest rendition of my Donunt Heaven based off OlliG's original design, but with my own personal touches. Also, another Pinsider gave me a great idea of a strawberry glazed donut, which I incorporated into my design.

The DH is lit using 3/4 different integrated techniques:
1) The inside is lit white using a LED strip and tied into GI
2) The roof sign is lit red using a LED strip and tied into GI
3) The donut is lit using a LED flasher and tied into a flasher circuit
4) Optionally, the opposite side is lit using an LED pad facing outward to shine on a toy Lambo if you have one mounted in that position

I do make/sell these, so if anyone is interested please PM me.

DH1.jpgDH1.jpgDH2.jpgDH2.jpg
#8992 5 years ago

Looks like motor is there just missing rotating part and beacon. They replaced it with yellow rotating light and hacked it in. Mylar is all over playfield.

5902ACD4-60F9-44EA-B76F-3C288D70DA77 (resized).jpeg5902ACD4-60F9-44EA-B76F-3C288D70DA77 (resized).jpeg77C75858-5DED-456E-998D-D36B3D8611EB (resized).jpeg77C75858-5DED-456E-998D-D36B3D8611EB (resized).jpeg80715194-C533-45DE-8106-D215ACAFCE89 (resized).jpeg80715194-C533-45DE-8106-D215ACAFCE89 (resized).jpegBEF760F4-A787-4938-A6BD-CC7E38E6E82F (resized).jpegBEF760F4-A787-4938-A6BD-CC7E38E6E82F (resized).jpegE16EE81C-D4B4-48EE-85C0-D9C811EB4C2F (resized).jpegE16EE81C-D4B4-48EE-85C0-D9C811EB4C2F (resized).jpegE9CB583C-4A31-4D13-9F19-223D598EEAA4 (resized).jpegE9CB583C-4A31-4D13-9F19-223D598EEAA4 (resized).jpeg
#8993 5 years ago

Doesn't look like an original motor but if it works the voltages, etc must be correct otherwise something would have blown by now. My take on the mylar is leave it, doesn't look that bad in the pics. That would be my own personal choice of course, i'd rather keep it on than risk potential damage to the insert artwork. If the original diamond coat clear was good before the application of the mylar then damage from removal may not be such a factor.

#8995 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Makes me smile.

939a883e19c75a686bc0aee8fe8f4db78624ae91 (resized).jpg939a883e19c75a686bc0aee8fe8f4db78624ae91 (resized).jpg

#8998 5 years ago

I recently put a pinduino LED in my supercharger. My daughter filmed a slo mo video of it - linked in the pinduino forum. She's been taking quite a few slo mo videos. Helped me troubleshoot the diverter too.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinduino-v03-interactive-control-of-leds/page/4#post-4808307

#8999 5 years ago
Quoted from tctx02:

I recently put a pinduino LED in my supercharger. My daughter filmed a slo mo video of it - linked in the pinduino forum. She's been taking quite a few slo mo videos. Helped me troubleshoot the diverter too.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinduino-v03-interactive-control-of-leds/page/4#post-4808307

Everything is cooler/more fascinating when viewed in slow-mo!

#9000 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

So, here are pics of my final flipper toppers. I will sell set of 3 which including postage within US for $12. Please PM if interested, and I can do just about any color you may want for one or both layers.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dude , I actually like yr Blue pop bumper caps !! Where did U get em ? I also want some flipper topper_Z , I thought my Getaway lOoked good , but DayuM , Yr's is Freak_N Killer .. I'll be copy_N a few things .. , Send me a PM with yr Paypal info and we will talk color .. Later ,, B_R

here's a video we shot one nite last week ...

Getaway , Yamaha R6 722 (resized).jpgGetaway , Yamaha R6 722 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/180?hl=jeep-mustang and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.