• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 277.
#851 9 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

Yes, it plays OK and it isn't a worry. Just thought I would see if anyone could identify it easily

That's good. When I get a new to me game I vacume the inside of the cab so that I know if a piece comes loose and falls in there I know it just came off the game, that tells me somethings wrong. All my cabs are spotless in the bottoms.

#852 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Does the game play ok? Unless there's something wrong with the game I wouldn't worry about it.

Exactly. It was probably a part that got lost during a shop job and was replaced.

#853 9 years ago

Can someone please show me the inside of their Getaway cabinet showing how the playfield hinges hook onto the cab ? Mine are off and cant figure it out.

#854 9 years ago

New Supercharger Ramp Lights mod from LeesParts.com now available. Lights up your Supercharger Ramp when it will score Super Charger or Redline Mania.

http://www.leesparts.com/products/getaway-supercharger-lights.html

GetawaySuperChargerYellow300400.jpgGetawaySuperChargerYellow300400.jpg
GetawaySuperChargerRed300400.jpgGetawaySuperChargerRed300400.jpg

#855 9 years ago
Quoted from kimzone:

i am going to buy getaway 2 machine in 2weeks time. would be good buy some lighting bolt flippers for it or normal ones?

If you want the game to suck then absolutely put those lightning flippers in there.

#856 9 years ago
Quoted from leesparts:

New Supercharger Ramp Lights mod from LeesParts.com now available. Lights up your Supercharger Ramp when it will score Super Charger or Redline Mania.
http://www.leesparts.com/products/getaway-supercharger-lights.html
GetawaySuperChargerYellow300400.jpg
GetawaySuperChargerRed300400.jpg

can we see them not installed?
I mean,is it just 2 flexible leds?

#857 9 years ago

Lee's Parts
download_20150421_170733.gifdownload_20150421_170733.gif

#858 9 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Can someone please show me the inside of their Getaway cabinet showing how the playfield hinges hook onto the cab ? Mine are off and cant figure it out.

anyone ?

#859 9 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Hi Superbee, Hope these pics help. Let me know if you need anything else. Good Luck!

HS Left Bracket.jpgHS Left Bracket.jpg HS Right Bracket.jpgHS Right Bracket.jpg
#860 9 years ago

The

Quoted from SUPERBEE:

had to change the slide assemblies too on my machine, part number is A-17749.1-2, replaces A-16637-2, A-15421-2

There were 2 different assemblies mounted in my machine so it didn't work at all. Changing them was fairly easy, the lowest screws are in a T-nut, the others are simple woodscrews.

cheers

#861 9 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

The

had to change the slide assemblies too on my machine, part number is A-17749.1-2, replaces A-16637-2, A-15421-2
There were 2 different assemblies mounted in my machine so it didn't work at all. Changing them was fairly easy, the lowest screws are in a T-nut, the others are simple woodscrews.
cheers

Mine are garbage too. Have to be careful opening the playfield because they don't hook and catch like they're supposed to. Thanks for the part numbers.

#862 9 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Hi Superbee, Hope these pics help. Let me know if you need anything else. Good Luck!

Thanks a lot but i still dont get how it attaches to the bolts on the cabinet. Am i missing something here ?

#863 9 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Thanks a lot but i still dont get how it attaches to the bolts on the cabinet. Am i missing something here ?

Just slide them in. In upright position the part of the slide mechanism that's held back by the spring just sits on the bolt! When you lower the playfield it slides out and doesn't sit on the bolt anymore.

Really easy: When you are finished changing the slide assemblies just lower the playfield and everything will spring right in it's place.
Cheers

#864 9 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

Just slide them in. In upright position the part of the slide mechanism that's held back by the spring just sits on the bolt! When you lower the playfield it slides out and doesn't sit on the bolt anymore.

Really easy: When you are finished changing the slide assemblies just lower the playfield and everything will spring right in it's place.

Ok thanks

#865 9 years ago

I just noticed that on the back of my stop light, the male pins on the connector are just pins without the plastic IDC housing. Is this standard on HS2? What do you guys have on yours? I ask because sometimes, my connector vibrates out and I was going to replace it, but now I'm thinking that I just need a proper plastic housed connector on the board.

2015-04-25 13.06.45.jpg2015-04-25 13.06.45.jpg
#866 9 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

I just noticed that on the back of my stop light, the male pins on the connector are just pins without the plastic IDC housing. Is this standard on HS2? What do you guys have on yours? I ask because sometimes, my connector vibrates out and I was going to replace it, but now I'm thinking that I just need a proper plastic housed connector on the board.

2015-04-25 13.06.45.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Yes this is how it is by default. My connector sometimes comes off from all the vibration, especially when the post at the front of the traffic light gets hit.

It doesn't happen very often so I just plug it back in.

#867 9 years ago

In case anyone is interested, I was able to remove the black handle on the gearshift. It took a bit of effort but a little hack sawing did the trick. Tried wrenches and torches with no success. It is pressed on and then sits in a channel. Anyway, once off you can use any knob that will fit up to 9/16. I chose one with LED's. image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg

#868 9 years ago

Did you cut it length wise? Did you have to remove the shaft from the housing or could it have been left in the housing and cut? This is a cool mod.

#869 9 years ago

You don't have to remove it. It will take several cuts. Think of it like cutting meat away from a bone.

#870 9 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

You don't have to remove it. It will take several cuts. Think of it like cutting meat away from a bone.

That's what I was hoping for, thanks.

#871 9 years ago

That's pretty cool. It would be extra cool if the shifter would light up when the shift insert is lit.

#872 9 years ago

I haven't done any research to see if something like that can be done. The story goes that I needed to get a knob to take with me to a machinist who I was going to have cut and tap the end. I saw this and thought this could be fun. To my surprise it fit. It would be worth researching to see if there are other options. Especially if it could be tied to game play. Post back if you find a better widget.

#873 9 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

I haven't done any research to see if something like that is available. The story goes that I needed to get a knob to take with me to a machinist who I was going to have cut and tap the end. I saw this and thought this could be fun. To my surprise it fit. It would be worth researching to see if there are other options. Post back if you find a better widget.

I can tear mine apart and see if I can figure something out.

#874 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I can tear mine apart and see if I can figure something out.

If anyone can figure it out you can. I'd be interested to see what you come up with. I searched ebay and didn't see one like Tbgolfens, they all looked bland to me but if you could rig one like his so it ran on 6.3v vs 6v battery, off the game that would be way cool. No batteries to drain.

#875 9 years ago

You could mill a small channel on the underside of the shaft to run wires up.

#876 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

That's exactly what I was thinking of but man what a pain.

#877 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

That would be a pain. One idea is to run the wires along the shaft and sleeve it with a larger pipe. You could also do a shifter boot to hide wires. Still a lot of work but options.

#878 9 years ago

How tough is it to disassemble the shifter?

#879 9 years ago

If you have access to a lathe, just bore the shaft and put the wires inside.

#880 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

How tough is it to disassemble the shifter?

No more difficult than a typical pinball mech.

Quoted from LongJohns:

If you have access to a lathe, just bore the shaft and put the wires inside.

I would be careful boring through it as one end is hollow and has a spring in it to keep the plastic tip pushed against the mech. To big of a hole would defeat the spring. This spring is what brings it back to center.

I think making one with a 3d printer is the way to go.

#881 8 years ago

I'm in the process of installing LED post lights that are intended to be ran on 12vdc. I was having difficulty finding a 12v source under the play field. I have them hooked up to a 6v GI circuit but for testing purposes because its too dim. Where can I get 12vdc under the play field?

Thanks

#882 8 years ago

If you don't hook them up to the GI your going to lose all the cool lighting effects.
They'll also be on during video mode.

#883 8 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

I'm in the process of installing LED post lights that are intended to be ran on 12vdc. I was having difficulty finding a 12v source under the play field. I have them hooked up to a 6v GI circuit but for testing purposes because its too dim. Where can I get 12vdc under the play field?
Thanks

Any flasher, that's where mine on my Space Shuttle are hooked up to.

#884 8 years ago

I found 12vdc labeled on one of the boards.

Quoted from urbanledge:

If you don't hook them up to the GI your going to lose all the cool lighting effects.
They'll also be on during video mode.

I understand what you are getting at but they are not worth all the time, money and effort to only light them with half of their intended voltage. I can barley see them with 6.3vdc

I have other smarter post lights from GLM which react and do all sorts of fancy things, I just want these to provide additional lighting.

#885 8 years ago

Need to find me another HS2, took mine to Allentown to setup in freeplay. Put a high price on it figuring it wouldn't sell, figured wrong.

#886 8 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

Thanks

DK Custom makes 5V and 12V power taps for WPC and Stern. They plug directly into power pins in the backbox and are fused. Much cleaner than alligator clips that can short out.
http://www.dkpinball.com/DKWP/?page_id=641

#887 8 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Need to find me another HS2, took mine to Allentown to setup in freeplay. Put a high price on it figuring it wouldn't sell, figured wrong.

Out of curiosity, what price did you have on it? Seems like HS2 is gaining in value these days.

#888 8 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Out of curiosity, what price did you have on it? Seems like HS2 is gaining in value these days.

One at auction here recently went for $2300. Rising value just makes me want to hold onto it even more, although at any price I'd regret getting rid of it. It's always my go-to 10 minutes to kill game.

#889 8 years ago

Wondering if anyone can help me with a part number. I was playing last night and the plastic plunger shaft flew out of the plunger assembly onto the playfield. I took it apart and realized that it broke at the point where the small bolt holds it onto the plunger armature. Does anyone know the part number so i can order a new one ? Real bummer !! IMG_20150506_221418.jpgIMG_20150506_221418.jpg

#890 8 years ago

im thinking it might be this but mine is white and this one doesnt look like it has the hole through it for the small bolt. Any ideas ?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8941

#892 8 years ago

Never mind. Found what i need.

#893 8 years ago

With permission to post from MJW, below is his feedback on my new Getaway Supercharger Ramp Lights mod. Thank you MJW for the nice feedback!
getawayfeedback1.jpggetawayfeedback1.jpg

More info can be seen at http://www.leesparts.com/products/getaway-supercharger-lights.html

#894 8 years ago

The supercharger lights on my Getaway are suddenly not working. Can someone point me to hich fuse is for these lights ? I cant figure it out from the manual and dont really feel like pulling out every fuse unless i have too. Figure i ill start checking the fuse and then going from there.

#895 8 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

The supercharger lights on my Getaway are suddenly not working. Can someone point me to hich fuse is for these lights ? I cant figure it out from the manual and dont really feel like pulling out every fuse unless i have too. Figure i ill start checking the fuse and then going from there.

Not sure but you can check fuses with a multimeter or just replace them all.

#896 8 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

If it's only the 3 Supercharger lamps, it's probably NOT a fuse - there's no fuse just for those 3 lamps.

Unfortunately I looked through the manual and it's not clear to me what does drive those lamps. They don't seem to be part of the lamp matrix, and it doesn't look like they're flashers, either. I've loaned my Getaway to a friend, so I can't physically check it right now.

If all three went out at the exact same time, I'd disconnect and reconnect the supercharger connectors (going from the hole in the upper left of the playfield to the backbox) in case it's a connector contact issue.

#897 8 years ago

I've noticed that when the pops go off so does one of the Superchargers lights, then the other then the other. All 3 come one one at a time with pop hits.

#898 8 years ago

Here's something kind of neat. I just put on a red led strip on the inside of the metal ramp. It's tied into the supercharger right side flasher. The ball does not hit it as it flies around and doesn't mess up the electric eye either and it flashes with every pop hit. I couldn't get a picture of it flashing but it does look neat. You really can't see the strip unless your 6ft tall from the players position.

IMGA0904.JPGIMGA0904.JPG IMGA0903.JPGIMGA0903.JPG IMGA0905.JPGIMGA0905.JPG IMGA0906.JPGIMGA0906.JPG
#899 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I couldn't get a picture of it flashing but it does look neat.

You can't give us a picture of something cool then not show it in action

#900 8 years ago

Sorry about that but I have no way of doin that. I'm a low tech kind of guy. I don't even have a smart phone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

Trade
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.