• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4154 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt_la_canyons_15-4-120-14-24-33 (resized).jpg
IMG_4302 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
media-pinball-display-mounting-bracket (resized).jpg
IMG_7017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpeg
20240224_010008 (resized).jpg
IMG_9239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7522 (resized).jpeg

There are 13,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 275.
#8851 5 years ago

Also i have been successful in converting my flippers from leaf switch to optical boards on HS2. I had some issues on the right side and for now have needed to remove the spring metal, on the right flipper. It works 100% and if your like me and like that nice opto feel you can do it quite easy. All the details are in https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/converting-taf-flippers-from-leaf-switch-to-optical-boards

free free to ask me any questions

you can see the right flipper button with issue, then without and then left flipper button.

20181215_202950 (resized).jpg20181215_202950 (resized).jpg20181215_205941 (resized).jpg20181215_205941 (resized).jpg20181215_203013 (resized).jpg20181215_203013 (resized).jpg

#8852 5 years ago
Quoted from ajnin:

If anyone cares, I have uploaded a youtube video of a 90's techno mix for getaway HS2 with pinsound. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=WvGx2u-lVmc My unit has the pinsound speakers and sub also.
Thanks to Mr_Tantrum for his crazy good mixes!!
once I get it tweeked I will upload it if anyone wants it

Awesome! I love seeing/hearing new mixes - really keeps the game fresh. Please post to the PinSound forum and advertise here when ready.

#8853 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Awesome! I love seeing/hearing new mixes - really keeps the game fresh. Please post to the PinSound forum and advertise here when ready.

will do. Once I have fished the tweaks and song selections.

#8854 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Do you still need pics of wires?

yes please, thanks.

#8855 5 years ago

Do you have also these extra spots left for GI?

IMG_20181211_224233 (resized).jpgIMG_20181211_224233 (resized).jpg
#8856 5 years ago

There was some GI removed when they went to the play field sliders from the hinge. Worth it I’d say.

#8857 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

There was some GI removed when they went to the play field sliders from the hinge. Worth it I’d say.

I have added them in my game and it looks great. Remember to connect one to each of the 2 GI circuits so that they alternate when multiball is starting.

#8858 5 years ago
Quoted from lanfeust:

Do you have also these extra spots left for GI?
[quoted image]

Yes.

IMG_1650.JPGIMG_1650.JPG
#8859 5 years ago
Quoted from lanfeust:

yes please, thanks.

Here you go. The cables all are bundled in a black sleeve which runs to the back left of the playfield. I didn't trace from there, but sure you can find it or at least reference wiring diagram in manual.

IMG_1654.JPGIMG_1654.JPG
#8860 5 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

I have added them in my game and it looks great. Remember to connect one to each of the 2 GI circuits so that they alternate when multiball is starting.

Can you post a pick of you wiring for others? Personally, I've already added a white LED strip to the area, so I don't need them.

#8861 5 years ago

Here you go.

IMG_20181216_190443 (resized).jpgIMG_20181216_190443 (resized).jpgIMG_20181216_190511 (resized).jpgIMG_20181216_190511 (resized).jpg
#8862 5 years ago

Switched out my SC ramp sign with OlliG's 3D design (slightly modified), and printed in UV reactive orange which matches the orange on the plastics (camera doesn't do it justice). I already have UV spots on the slings to light up the orange on the playfield, and think this adds some great visual appeal overall.

Happy to sell them if anyone is interested (TBD, but probably around $10 plus minimal shipping). You use all your current parts from the SC sign except for the back plastic. FYI, the black frame is not the final version. This was from an old printer, so it is sized wrong - just finished printing new one and it first perfectly.
IMG_1656.JPGIMG_1656.JPGIMG_1655.JPGIMG_1655.JPG

Here it is with updated frame - sorry, had already put the glass back on.

IMG_1659.JPGIMG_1659.JPG
#8863 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Here you go. The cables all are bundled in a black sleeve which runs to the back left of the playfield. I didn't trace from there, but sure you can find it or at least reference wiring diagram in manual.
[quoted image]

great, thanks!

#8864 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Switched out my SC ramp sign with OlliG's 3D design (slightly modified), and printed in UV reactive orange which matches the orange on the plastics (camera doesn't do it justice). I already have UV spots on the slings to light up the orange on the playfield, and think this adds some great visual appeal overall.
Happy to sell them if anyone is interested (TBD, but probably around $10 plus minimal shipping). You use all your current parts from the SC sign except for the back plastic. FYI, the black frame is not the final version. This was from an old printer, so it is sized wrong - just finished printing new one and it first perfectly.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I’d be interested in one. Let me know the final price. I suppose the UV lights can be found at Comet? Thanks

#8865 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I’d be interested in one. Let me know the final price. I suppose the UV lights can be found at Comet? Thanks

Anyone please PM me if you are interested and we'll work out details. I think I'm set at $10 for the orange sign housing, the black frame, and the two light shades (red & yellow). Shipping is $4 per set for a total of $14.

Regarding lights, you can get from your place of choice, but here is what I have:

- Spotlight Kit x 2 | https://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/spotlightkit.htm
- UV Spotlight Bulbs (Wedge) - or you can make your own for cheaper | https://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/6leduv.htm
- May need some miscellaneous lengths of matrix extensions (or wire as you please) | https://www.cometpinball.com/MATRIX-Wires-p/mtxconnect.htm
- UV 3 SMD Lighting Strip | https://www.cometpinball.com/6-3-V-Plug-Play-Strips-Comet-Pinball-p/6.3vsmdstrips.htm

#8866 5 years ago
Quoted from ajnin:

Also i have been successful in converting my flippers from leaf switch to optical boards on HS2. I had some issues on the right side and for now have needed to remove the spring metal, on the right flipper. It works 100% and if your like me and like that nice opto feel you can do it quite easy. All the details are in https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/converting-taf-flippers-from-leaf-switch-to-optical-boards
free free to ask me any questions
you can see the right flipper button with issue, then without and then left flipper button.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That sure looks like it will get hammered as you move the PF in and out as the tolerances to the shooter coil brakcet is so tight

#8867 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

[quoted image][quoted image]
Here it is with updated frame - sorry, had already put the glass back on.[quoted image]

What kind of pop number cap/lights are you running ? Don’t think I’ve seen that style before.

#8868 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

What kind of pop number cap/lights are you running ? Don’t think I’ve seen that style before.

These lights in blue: https://www.pinballlife.com/britecaps-evo-pop-bumper-lighting.html
These caps in blue: https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-pop-bumper-caps.html

#8869 5 years ago

Question - ok I'm a dumb bunny, forgot to take pics - where the hell does this piece go? I have a HS 2, Diamond Plate ed...

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-10904

#8870 5 years ago

Right hand side up the back, next to the mountain plastic, shares the screw that holds the supercharger loop.

getaway detail (resized).jpggetaway detail (resized).jpg
#8871 5 years ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

Right hand side up the back, next to the mountain plastic, shares the screw that holds the supercharger loop.
[quoted image]

that is the ""before"" picture by the way, just put back together last night looking a lot smarter...

#8873 5 years ago

I've noticed that the circle of triangulated inserts on the lower playfield containing RPM, Redline, and X Values, are not rotating round and round when in attract mode. They do fine and rotate when in normal game play. They are all led's. Thoughts?

Getaway RPM Circle (resized).jpgGetaway RPM Circle (resized).jpg
#8874 5 years ago

Newbie here. How do I know “Which S/W Version do you use?”

#8875 5 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

Newbie here. How do I know “Which S/W Version do you use?”

When you first turn on the game it will be displayed on your DMD.. Most likely see a L- 2 or L- 5, but could be others too. I can post a screenshot if you would like.

#8876 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Long time ago, someone made some bumper caps for getaway that looked like the ones from the original high speed... anyone have any? Or know where to get some?

So I finally 3 months later lol! got a response on this from the original supplier and he told me he’s goi g to get some more made.. not sure when but they should be available at some point

#8877 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

So I finally 3 months later lol! got a response on this from the original supplier and he told me he’s goi g to get some more made.. not sure when but they should be available at some point

I can still make them if anyone is interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/171#post-4624508

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/172#post-4626712

#8878 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I have uploaded it. Its now pending approval. I will let you know once done

#8879 5 years ago

I had one, but it wasn't a keeper for me. Still got the plate though.

Screenshot_20181225-024607_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20181225-024607_Gallery (resized).jpg
#8880 5 years ago

Merry Christmas fellow Lambo drivers, have a great day and drive recklessly

#8881 5 years ago

Hi everyone,
During gameplay, the ramp lift is always getting up and down, looks like it's searching for the right position...
In test mode it's fine, and I checked the big switch which is perfectly adjusted, whatelse could I check? thanks.

#8882 5 years ago

That switch can be finicky. The switch only knows when the ramp is up (or down; forget which the switch actually is) so if the switch tests ok when you have the playfield up, the weight of ramp can be lower when playfield is down. So may take some fiddling to get it right. Short of that, make sure wires are still connected, diode is present, or can be that the switch is needing to be replaced.

#8883 5 years ago
Quoted from lanfeust:

During gameplay, the ramp lift is always getting up and down, looks like it's searching for the right position...

Same here. Switch checked accordingly. it's a mystery. I'll update the room to l5 at some point. Currently on l1 or l2.

#8884 5 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

I had one, but it wasn't a keeper for me. Still got the plate though.

That is great!!!

#8885 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Merry Christmas fellow Lambo drivers, have a great day and drive recklessly

Thanks you too... I only had a few choppers following me

#8886 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Same here. Switch checked accordingly. it's a mystery. I'll update the room to l5 at some point. Currently on l1 or l2.

Start here and read about 10 or so posts down to see if similar issue.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/93#post-3543568

#8887 5 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

When you first turn on the game it will be displayed on your DMD.. Most likely see a L- 2 or L- 5, but could be others too. I can post a screenshot if you would like.

It says 50004 Rev. L-2

#8888 5 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

It says 50004 Rev. L-2

L2 is what many of us are using. I think it is a good one.

#8889 5 years ago
Quoted from lanfeust:

Hi everyone,
During gameplay, the ramp lift is always getting up and down, looks like it's searching for the right position

Maybe the right orbit switch is reading false closures during play? That would cause the ramp to lift.

#8890 5 years ago

Merry Christmas to the getaway club. I'm in several other pinside clubs and this one by far is my favorite and head & shoulders above the others. You guys are so creative and ambitious. Keep it coming in 2019 y'all!!

#8891 5 years ago

Ready to spend some of that Getaway Christmas Money?

I've compiled a list with pricing for all of my customer Getaway mods for anyone who might be interested. Please PM me, and I'll provide you the link.

#8892 5 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

I've noticed that the circle of triangulated inserts on the lower playfield containing RPM, Redline, and X Values, are not rotating round and round when in attract mode. They do fine and rotate when in normal game play. They are all led's. Thoughts?

It's likely that you have "Photo Shoot" mode turned on. Check settings A.2-12 and switch it off.

#8893 5 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

It's likely that you have "Photo Shoot" mode turned on. Check settings A.2-12 and switch it off.

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG
#8894 5 years ago
Quoted from bbriese:

Merry Christmas to the getaway club. I'm in several other pinside clubs and this one by far is my favorite and head & shoulders above the others. You guys are so creative and ambitious. Keep it coming in 2019 y'all!!

Yeah, it's amazing how active this group is for a pin this old... most active threads are for newer games and then they seem to fade away but this one just keeps going!

#8895 5 years ago
Quoted from bbriese:

Great group of owners here that love the pin/hobby. Some are sticky, some come and go, and some are new to the scene. Either way, everyone is friendly, open to a little banter, and extremely supportive and helpful.

#8896 5 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

[quoted image]

General question to the group, if you disciponnect the batteries will everything set back to default? Might be something to give a try to fix your issue (of course you may have to resent everything).

#8897 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

General question to the group, if you disciponnect the batteries will everything set back to default? Might be something to give a try to fix your issue (of course you may have to resent everything).

If the power to the machine is off then YES, changing batteries whilst the machine is on doesn't lose settings, high scores.

#8898 5 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

Yes, that was it! I did have it in "Photo shoot Mode". It works properly now. The one thing I do notice now is that in Photo Shoot Mode, the circle of lights wouldn't flash, but the three supercharger lights would flash. And now out of photo shoot mode, the circle of lights rotate, but the supercharger red lights don't flash anymore. But, according to videos I've seen on YouTube, that looks to be correct. Thanks Steve1515 and everyone else for your suggestions!

#8899 5 years ago

hi guys can you tell me whats wrong with this Left flipper flipper?

https://http2.mlstatic.com/flipper-pinball-get-away-D_NQ_NP_634241-MLA28573773634_112018-F.jpg

#8900 5 years ago

Yes, it is the wrong type. Replace it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
3,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Coalinga, CA
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
5,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 40.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/178 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.