• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 277.
#8801 5 years ago

My wife just designed and 3D printed her version of the donut heaven mod. I was blown away how great it came out. It matches the DMD graphic perfectly!

20181125_102853 (resized).jpg20181125_102853 (resized).jpg
#8802 5 years ago

guys - if you miss/brick the super charger ramp, does your game deflect the ball towards the right outlane and sometimes is a gurantee drain? I'm playing my game at 7 high but before at 6.5, the ramp rejects would sometimes drain to the outlane. At 7, not as much. What was the original design to do?

#8803 5 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

My wife just designed and 3D printed her version of the donut heaven mod. I was blown away how great it came out. It matches the DMD graphic perfectly! [quoted image]

Good for her, that is awesome!

#8804 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

guys - if you miss/brick the super charger ramp, does your game deflect the ball towards the right outlane and sometimes is a gurantee drain? I'm playing my game at 7 high but before at 6.5, the ramp rejects would sometimes drain to the outlane. At 7, not as much. What was the original design to do?

The only real issue I had was when I replaced the left post rubber with a thin one instead of standard. Any time I missed making the ramp the ball would hit that left post on its way down in such a way that it was almost a 100% guaranteed center drain.

Also, you previously asked about my level. I’m at 6.5 degrees on the playfield (not glass). Here are picks of my bubble, front legs, and back legs. FYI, I don’t know standard practice, but I basically began with all 4 feet fully screwed in and worked out from there.
D3AA17E7-BC40-498D-8A08-EB3D730974BC.jpegD3AA17E7-BC40-498D-8A08-EB3D730974BC.jpeg9FC85D95-C6B8-4CE7-BE3F-20452D495777.jpeg9FC85D95-C6B8-4CE7-BE3F-20452D495777.jpeg85542514-255B-450A-A242-704BF997E375.jpeg85542514-255B-450A-A242-704BF997E375.jpeg

#8805 5 years ago

Here is a first look at my take on HS2 restoration... that is candy red powder (powder over chrome)

4EDEA4E7-00EC-4CC3-84ED-FF7C7D06C302 (resized).jpeg4EDEA4E7-00EC-4CC3-84ED-FF7C7D06C302 (resized).jpeg

3A348F25-0D55-4063-96C0-E1F231FB2253 (resized).jpeg3A348F25-0D55-4063-96C0-E1F231FB2253 (resized).jpeg
#8806 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Here is a first look at my take on HS2 restoration... that is candy red powder (powder over chrome)
[quoted image][quoted image]

That is gorgeous. BTW, are you doing your restoration inside the space station (all that silver stuff)?

#8807 5 years ago

Wow, amazing job!

#8808 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

That is gorgeous. BTW, are you doing your restoration inside the space station (all that silver stuff)?

We have basements here.. and that's insulation in an unfinished space

#8809 5 years ago

That darker candy red really suits this machine i think, far nicer than the Ferrari red i have seen on other machines. Bloody NICE job

#8810 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

The only real issue I had was when I replaced the left post rubber with a thin one instead of standard. Any time I missed making the ramp the ball would hit that left post on its way down in such a way that it was almost a 100% guaranteed center drain.
Also, you previously asked about my level. I’m at 6.5 degrees on the playfield (not glass). Here are picks of my bubble, front legs, and back legs. FYI, I don’t know standard practice, but I basically began with all 4 feet fully screwed in and worked out from there.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks. Mine must be much higher. My bubble is reading three lines. It's super fast

#8811 5 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

My wife just designed and 3D printed her version of the donut heaven mod. I was blown away how great it came out. It matches the DMD graphic perfectly!

Very nice!!!

#8812 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Looks amazing! You've got me looking up how to remove side rails. Seems like too much of a pain, tho, haha.

Mr T, thanks for the coin slots pics. That deep red looks great.

#8813 5 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Seems like too much of a pain,

What? All that holds them on are 2 small bolt each.

#8814 5 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Looks amazing! You've got me looking up how to remove side rails. Seems like too much of a pain, tho, haha.
Mr T, thanks for the coin slots pics. That deep red looks great.

Thx - factory ones are not too difficult to remove. The risk is about damaging the cabinet side OUTSIDE of where the rail is.. and bending the rail itself. For factory stuff, it comes off pretty easily.

Use heat, and a long putty knife/blade. Simply slowly work your way under the rail from the bottom a little at a time. Use something under your blade to keep from marking up the cabinet in places besides under the rail. With some heat, you'll be suprised how quickly it comes off. The real work would be cleaning up all the residue on the rail and cabinet.

#8815 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What? All that holds them on are 2 small bolt each.

And a lot of 2 sided tape The bolt is only at the lockbar end.

#8816 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Are your lighted flipper buttons not working?

I only ask because I can't get mine to work.

#8817 5 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Are your lighted flipper buttons not working?
I only ask because I can't get mine to work.

They weren't plugged in at the time.. just hadn't gotten there yet. Mine are the Pinball Life ones.. so they have a 4 pin header to plug into the power driver board.. instead of using a 3 position molex (which is common on the stern ones). J116, J117, and J118 are all the same thing on the driver board.. just plug the harness into one of those and plug the existing connector into the jumper position on the cable.

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 9.58.21 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-11-29 at 9.58.21 PM (resized).png

In my case, I have my colorDMD already jumping off J116, so I just used J117 or 118.. whichever was less crowded to reach cleanly.

#8818 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

They weren't plugged in at the time.. just hadn't gotten there yet. Mine are the Pinball Life ones.. so they have a 4 pin header to plug into the power driver board.. instead of using a 3 position molex (which is common on the stern ones). J116, J117, and J118 are all the same thing on the driver board.. just plug the harness into one of those and plug the existing connector into the jumper position on the cable.
[quoted image]
In my case, I have my colorDMD already jumping off J116, so I just used J117 or 118.. whichever was less crowded to reach cleanly.

Oh shit! I didn't know that was an option. Nice.

#8819 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

And a lot of 2 sided tape The bolt is only at the lockbar end.

I forgot about that but still no problem if you take your time. I have had no problem with any of mine.

#8820 5 years ago

I recently joined the club and am really loving this game!

My machine was a routed machine that had sat in someone’s house for quite a few years, so it needed a lot of TLC. It’s playing nicely, but there’s still a to-do list to get it up to 100%.

I decided to add a topper, but didn’t want to crowd the police light, so this is what I came up with for now. I may try to illuminate the cats at some point, but that’s for another day when I’m motivated!

28751F76-AC53-4B27-8EFF-32EF965DD808 (resized).jpeg28751F76-AC53-4B27-8EFF-32EF965DD808 (resized).jpeg
#8821 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad1961:

My machine was a routed machine that had sat in someone’s house for quite a few years, so it needed a lot of TLC. It’s playing nicely, but there’s still a to-do list to get it up to 100%.
I decided to add a topper, but didn’t want to crowd the police light, so this is what I came up with for now. I may try to illuminate the cats at some point, but that’s for another day when I’m motivated!
[quoted image]

Welcome!

Isn't that always the case with pinball? Or maybe it's just me... always something to do or to tweak or to upgrade or to fix!

#8822 5 years ago

[quoted image]

Welcome to the club. Modding to your liking is always fun. Have you cleaned the underside of all the inserts? Do so then add Comets 2 smd clear dome bulbs they will REALLY pop then.

#8823 5 years ago

What rom version is everyone running? I have that endless multiball bug on L2 version
Is L5 the good one for home use?

#8824 5 years ago

Never thought to clean underside of the inserts——thanks for the tip!

#8825 5 years ago

I use a "Q" tip with Windex. Real wet on 1 end, then dry with the other. Results are fantastic!

#8826 5 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

What rom version is everyone running? I have that endless multiball bug on L2 version

I think you will find most are running with L2. The multiball bug can be quite rare. I went for a period early on when I first got my pin that I probably saw it 3-4 times in the first 50 plays, but haven't seen it since.

#8827 5 years ago

Here's my little pile after cleaning the underside of the pf, inside the cabinet, bb and inserts of my Jackbot and that was only half of the Q tips. LOL

IMGA0204 (resized).JPGIMGA0204 (resized).JPG

#8828 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Here's my little pile after cleaning the underside of the pf, inside the cabinet, bb and inserts of my Jackbot and that was only half of the Q tips. LOL
[quoted image]

Those were some nasty inserts!

#8829 5 years ago

Are you using Windex to clean under the inserts? Never done that before

#8830 5 years ago

Never thought to clean underside of the inserts

A toothbrush is also really a good way to do it

#8831 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I do... not sure what MustangPaul uses.

#8832 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Windex, Purple Power whatever. Dunk the Q tip in the stuff, clean the insert till the Q tip gets dirty, repeat until the swab comes away clean then dry with a new one. Don't use alcohol because the insert will look cloudy afterwards.

#8833 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I think you will find most are running with L2. The multiball bug can be quite rare. I went for a period early on when I first got my pin that I probably saw it 3-4 times in the first 50 plays, but haven't seen it since.

Cool, thanks for that, I'll keep running L2 for now then. I've had it happen 4 times that I know of in 140 plays hopefully it becomes less frequent, all the high scores are multiball bug scores

#8834 5 years ago

Remind me again why people don't use L5? Its what I have and I don't recall ever seeing any bugs in it.

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

#8835 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I used q-tips & rubbing alcohol for mine and did a great job (took a lot of q-tips). Didn't experience any cloudiness, but can't go wrong with MP's Windex suggestion.

#8836 5 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

Remind me again why people don't use L5? Its what I have and I don't recall ever seeing any bugs in it.

If things still hold true, L5 is the #2 preferred version. Probably just a personal thing, as it has a couple of differences.

See this link for comparison: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin#post-1407040

#8837 5 years ago

Cool, thanks for that, I'll keep running L2 for now then. I've had it happen 4 times that I know of in 140 plays hopefully it becomes less frequent, all the high scores are multiball bug scores

My guess is that it may also have something to do with other variable settings. I've tweaked all kinds of settings over the last couple of years, and have literally not seen the bug in a couple of hundreds of plays.

#8838 5 years ago

Hi all. Got my old getaway prototype back. Going to do a full shop on her this time. I'm a bit frustrated. This is the biggest pain game I've owned and remember why I didn't fully shop last time. The playfield doest pull out, only swivels up and down. Makes getting to top of playfield impossible without pulling playfield out. Are all like that?

#8839 5 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Hi all. Got my old getaway prototype back. Going to do a full shop on her this time. I'm a bit frustrated. This is the biggest pain game I've owned and remember why I didn't fully shop last time. The playfield doest pull out, only swivels up and down. Makes getting to top of playfield impossible without pulling playfield out. Are all like that?

No, only the prototype machines are that way.

#8840 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

No, only the prototype machines are that way.

FufghhddggUjkkokdsddccttfCikmhfsdcbK!!!!!

#8841 5 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

FufghhddggUjkkokdsddccttfCikmhfsdcbK!!!!!

Why don't you add the slides to the P/F.

#8842 5 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Why don't you add the slides to the P/F.

I think I would have to change hinges too?

#8843 5 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I think I would have to change hinges too?

I don't think so, but take a pic of yours so I compare with mine.

#8844 5 years ago

I use L-1 and have never seen a bug in thousands of games. The main reason I prefer L-1 to the other versions because the ball save timer is much shorter. You can still get 1 free RPM, MAYBE 2. But you cannot exploit it like other versions.

#8845 5 years ago

Hi Everyone,
I just picked up a getaway and unfortunatly, it's missing the all plastic ramp. So I'm gonna try to rebuild it,but can someone show me which wires go to which bulbs? thank you.

IMG_20181211_232613 (resized).jpgIMG_20181211_232613 (resized).jpg
#8846 5 years ago
Quoted from lanfeust:

Hi Everyone,
I just picked up a getaway and unfortunatly, it's missing the all plastic ramp. So I'm gonna try to rebuild it,but can someone show me which wires go to which bulbs? thank you.
[quoted image]

Congrats on the pin. Not at home right now, but I'm sure other can provide the layout for you. You can obviously search and acquire third party parts to rebuild the sign, or even create your own. However, OlliG has also provided a 3D printed option that you can print yourself or purchase from him (uses some of the original parts): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/173#post-4638629

#8847 5 years ago

Well, I've been experimenting with my new Prusa i3 MK3 3D Printer, so I thought I would tray another take on the Donut Heaven. I figured out I can actually print different color layers on the same print, so I decided to go with a red brick pattern on top of white, on top of clear for the windows, and then green awnings and lettering on top of the red brick. Also chose to go with a black roof this time to match the color scheme of my custom SC decal. I think things came out pretty well. Sign on top still glows red, and donut on the side is connected to flasher and will nearly blind you if you happen to be looking that way when it goes off (I really liked my original orange donut, but clashed too much with the red brick so I went with a clear one this time).

DH2.jpgDH2.jpgDH3.jpgDH3.jpg

#8848 5 years ago
Quoted from lanfeust:

Hi Everyone,
[quoted image]

Do you still need pics of wires?

#8849 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, I've been experimenting with my new Prusa i3 MK3 3D Printer, so I thought I would tray another take on the Donut Heaven. I figured out I can actually print different color layers on the same print, so I decided to go with a red brick pattern on top of white, on top of clear for the windows, and then green awnings and lettering on top of the red brick. Also chose to go with a black roof this time to match the color scheme of my custom SC decal. I think things came out pretty well. Sign on top still glows red, and donut on the side is connected to flasher and will nearly blind you if you happen to be looking that way when it goes off (I really liked my original orange donut, but clashed too much with the red brick so I went with a clear one this time).

Man that color printer looks sweet.

#8850 5 years ago

If anyone cares, I have uploaded a youtube video of a 90's techno mix for getaway HS2 with pinsound. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=WvGx2u-lVmc My unit has the pinsound speakers and sub also.

Thanks to Mr_Tantrum for his crazy good mixes!!

once I get it tweeked I will upload it if anyone wants it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 20.00
4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/177?hl=djshakes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.