• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 277.
#8751 5 years ago

What I really need are hi-res period accurate Diablo gauges.

#8752 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

What I really need are hi-res period accurate Diablo gauges.

You tried googling them I suppose.

#8753 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You tried googling them I suppose.

Yes, for about 5 minutes. Didn’t find anything really usable in that time. Also, I don’t know enough to determine if gauges labeled as such truly are or aren’t.

#8754 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yes, for about 5 minutes. Didn’t find anything really usable in that time. Also, I don’t know enough to determine if gauges labeled as such truly are or aren’t.

Wish I would have known. Was at a car show recently with two Diablo’s .

#8755 5 years ago

Shout out to Mr T and OlliG on the traffic light mod... Mr T made a few different lights for me so here are a few pics. He reduced the lens shade size on these 2 versions and there is one pic of his coin door decal that I did not install because I have some fade on the front end and may replace the art work so until I do, I'm posting this so others can se how great it may look on their pins. An original light posted for point of reference,

Full gray light (resized).jpgFull gray light (resized).jpgFull yellow light (resized).jpgFull yellow light (resized).jpgUpper gray light (resized).jpgUpper gray light (resized).jpgUpper original light (resized).jpgUpper original light (resized).jpgUpper yellow light (resized).jpgUpper yellow light (resized).jpgcoin door decal (resized).jpgcoin door decal (resized).jpg

#8756 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Shout out to Mr T and OlliG on the traffic light mod... Mr T made a few different lights for me so here are a few pics. He reduced the lens shade size on these 2 versions and there is one pic of his coin dooe decal that I did not install because I have some fade on the front end and may replace the art work so until I do, I'm posting this so others can se how great it may look on their pins. An original light posted for point of reference,
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great pics, thanks for sharing.

#8757 5 years ago

Well my weak lower right flipper turned out to be a fliptonics board issue.Flipper was weak and oscillating. Not sure what component on board failed but flipper button was just activating the low power hold coil instead of flipper power coil. Got two games in and opto 2 on supercharger is now not working. This game is a love hate relationship...

#8758 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Shout out to Mr T and OlliG on the traffic light mod... Mr T made a few different lights for me so here are a few pics. He reduced the lens shade size on these 2 versions and there is one pic of his coin dooe decal that I did not install because I have some fade on the front end and may replace the art work so until I do, I'm posting this so others can se how great it may look on their pins. An original light posted for point of reference,
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You have a great camera, that pf looks fantastic.

#8759 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Well my weak lower right flipper turned out to be a fliptonics board issue.Flipper was weak and oscillating. Not sure what component on board failed but flipper button was just activating the low power hold coil instead of flipper power coil. Got two games in and opto 2 on supercharger is now not working. This game is a love hate relationship...

That sucks.

#8760 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You have a great camera, that pf looks fantastic.

Thank you! PF is very good but I found a NOS PF and I am considering buying it, it's a much better price than a repo but I'm not sure it's worth the $ or the effort...

#8761 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Great pics, thanks for sharing.

Thank you for all of your revisions and different models!

#8762 5 years ago

Has anyone installed pinstadium lights on their getaway?

I was watching a stream last night of a bride of pinbot that had pinstadium installed. Holy shit, did it look incredible.

#8763 5 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Has anyone installed pinstadium lights on their getaway?
I was watching a stream last night of a bride of pinbot that had pinstadium installed. Holy shit, did it look incredible.

I have them on mine HUGE improvement

#8764 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Thank you! PF is very good but I found a NOS PF and I am considering buying it, it's a much better price than a repo but I'm not sure it's worth the $ or the effort...

Is it a Diamond Coat pf? Is it drilled and dimpled? If it is and the price is that good JUMP ON IT!

#8765 5 years ago

I was working on a new MOD for my machine the last weeks... and here it is!

This is a small 1.4 inch color display (128x160 pixel) and an Arduino Nano.
All fitted in the smallest possible 3D printed "box" and attached to my switchcover.
There is no interaction with the game so far.. it is just showing different signs randomly.
2018-11-14 19_33_53-Window (resized).png2018-11-14 19_33_53-Window (resized).pngIMG_20181114_190934161 (resized).jpgIMG_20181114_190934161 (resized).jpgP1060783(1) (resized).JPGP1060783(1) (resized).JPGP1060789(1) (resized).JPGP1060789(1) (resized).JPGP1060791(1) (resized).JPGP1060791(1) (resized).JPGP1060792(1) (resized).JPGP1060792(1) (resized).JPG

2018-11-15 10_45_04-Window (resized).png2018-11-15 10_45_04-Window (resized).png
#8766 5 years ago

@ollig: Ideally I would adapt the radius of the curve to the sign for supercharger and redline mania. Also, I would ocnsider replacing that original sign with your display and grabbing the signal current to those two lights and displaying SC oder RM. Definitely it would be important to match the display witht he fonts and style of the original things around the payfield otherwise it will all look a bit alien. Please consider this creative input, not critisism. Regards from Kassel

For me personally this would all be too much, but I'm sure a lot of people like it. Luckily we can all pick those mods we like Keep it up - relly cool someone is working on the Getaway with so much creativity!!

#8767 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Is it a Diamond Coat pf? Is it drilled and dimpled? If it is and the price is that good JUMP ON IT!

Yes, it's all of that and it's a NOS

#8768 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

ollig: Ideally I would adapt the radius of the curve to the sign for supercharger and redline mania. Also, I would ocnsider replacing that original sign with your display and grabbing the signal current to those two lights and displaying SC oder RM. Definitely it would be important to match the display witht he fonts and style of the original things around the payfield otherwise it will all look a bit alien. Please consider this creative input, not critisism. Regards from Kassel
For me personally this would all be too much, but I'm sure a lot of people like it. Luckily we can all pick those mods we like Keep it up - relly cool someone is working on the Getaway with so much creativity!!

This will probably not be my final design.... I'd like to have at least a bigger display....
And merging those two signs is a great idea!

#8769 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Yes, it's all of that and it's a NOS

WOW that's a deal then and Kruzman says he can clear coat a Diamond Coat pf too.

#8770 5 years ago
Quoted from OlliG:

I was working on a new MOD for my machine the last weeks... and here it is!
This is a small 1.4 inch color display (128x160 pixel) and an Arduino Nano.
All fitted in the smallest possible 3D printed "box" and attached to my switchcover.
There is no interaction with the game so far.. it is just showing different signs randomly.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's way to big, the pf is starting to look way to cluttered IMHO.

#8771 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I have them on mine HUGE improvement

Awesome! Mind sharing pictures?

#8772 5 years ago

Check out what I just saw. Was in a Showtime ad for Black Monday. That black blur above the car is about to ruin it.

3596EEE7-A38E-4FBF-A6BC-887719BADF35.jpeg3596EEE7-A38E-4FBF-A6BC-887719BADF35.jpeg

#8773 5 years ago

Sacrilege

#8774 5 years ago

Back in business. Opto 2 was continuously open and F103 fusewas blown. Turns out there was a disconnected wire on J5 of the accelerator board.this wire was for opto 2 power. I pulled J-5 connector and three more wires came off.... Of course these games weren’t intended to last this long. Re pinned a new connector and supercharger functioning again.

#8775 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Back in business. Opto 2 was continuously open and F103 fusewas blown. Turns out there was a disconnected wire on J5 of the accelerator board.this wire was for opto 2 power. I pulled J-5 connector and three more wires came off.... Of course these games weren’t intended to last this long. Re pinned a new connector and supercharger functioning again.

Good detective work.

#8776 5 years ago

I tried to replace my start button light with an LED, only to find that the light wouldn't fit in the plastic housing. Are you guys leaving the start button light incandescent, or is there a smaller led I can use?

#8777 5 years ago

Per request pinstadium on gw....
20180917_205823 (resized).jpg20180917_205823 (resized).jpg

#8778 5 years ago

Looks awesome!

#8779 5 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

I tried to replace my start button light with an LED, only to find that the light wouldn't fit in the plastic housing. Are you guys leaving the start button light incandescent, or is there a smaller led I can use?

Not that I know of, there's nothing to gain really by putting an led in it.

#8780 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Not that I know of, there's nothing to gain really by putting an led in it.

Only that it may not ever need to be replaced, having said that, I put comet frosted twin smd in mine, just had to cut off most of the plastic collar that holds on the lens cap.

#8781 5 years ago

Really digging the new coin door sticker. Had mine done without the G. Nice touch

20181117_131024 (resized).jpg20181117_131024 (resized).jpg
#8782 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Really digging the new coin door sticker. Had mine done without the G. Nice touch
[quoted image]

Looks great, thanks for posting the pic.

#8783 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Per request pinstadium on gw....
[quoted image]

Wow.

#8784 5 years ago

Have a few extra parts from my Getaway that I’m not using and would rather see go to someone who could use them. A spare beacon cover that has some scratches but is in overall pretty good shape and a lighted police car mod. $25 each including shipping to any where in the continental U.S.

2808704E-07D3-4F17-9601-B5D3FF4AC0CB (resized).jpeg2808704E-07D3-4F17-9601-B5D3FF4AC0CB (resized).jpeg5824C424-E724-4FC4-A043-C2F9ADA55E51 (resized).jpeg5824C424-E724-4FC4-A043-C2F9ADA55E51 (resized).jpeg
#8785 5 years ago

My HSII has been doing something odd. When it goes into red light mania mode, it doesn’t play the soundtrack

You can hear the red light call outs, but the normal audio track continues to play until a minute or so goes by and it eventually starts the red light mania music.

I have an L2 rom if that makes any difference.

#8786 5 years ago

I had this issue with my No Fear, but tried this and worked. Not sure if would work in Getaway (is it wedge or bayonet?), but it is listed as to be used in start buttons:
https://www.pinballlife.com/ablaze-3-led-slim-wedge-body.html

Quoted from red-line:

#8787 5 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

I had this issue with my No Fear, but tried this and worked. Not sure if would work in Getaway (is it wedge or bayonet?), but it is listed as to be used in start buttons:
https://www.pinballlife.com/ablaze-3-led-slim-wedge-body.html

That looks like it should work. I'm debating getting a red start button. Thanks!

#8788 5 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

That looks like it should work. I'm debating getting a red start button. Thanks!

Comet has these that might work too.
https://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/4smd3528.htm

Sorry, but I can’t test as I don’t have the original start button. However, these are what I use in my coin door for the reject butttons. The red LEDs actually make the orange plastic look a deep red when the pin is on.

#8789 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

it doesn’t play the soundtrack

reseat all ribbon cables

#8790 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Comet has these that might work too.
https://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/4smd3528.htm
Sorry, but I can’t test as I don’t have the original start button. However, these are what I use in my coin door for the reject butttons. The red LEDs actually make the orange plastic look a deep red when the pin is on.

Nice. I was about to ask if anyone had replaced their coin slots with red.

#8791 5 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Nice. I was about to ask if anyone had replaced their coin slots with red.

Since red plastic ones don't exist, red LED's are the next best thing. Hard to tell just from pics, but in person all you see is a deep red when the pin is on, so I suggest you give it a try. Here are a couple of pics from previous posts that give you an idea of what it looks like (you don't see orange at all).

1.jpg1.jpg2.jpg2.jpg
#8792 5 years ago

Hey I’ve got an issue with my Getaway but can’t seem to find any previous posts about it. When I turn on machine, before Starting a game, it will just continually make the engine revving sound over and over again. It doesn’t matter if attract mode is on or off, it will always do it when idle. Any ideas?

#8793 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Since red plastic ones don't exist, red LED's are the next best thing. Hard to tell just from pics, but in person all you see is a deep red when the pin is on, so I suggest you give it a try. Here are a couple of pics from previous posts that give you an idea of what it looks like (you don't see orange at all).
[quoted image][quoted image]

It looks like your getaway is flat to the floor. Mine is raised high in the back to get the 6.5. my bubble reads 2nd line. Curious what you're settings are

#8794 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It looks like your getaway is flat to the floor. Mine is raised high in the back to get the 6.5. my bubble reads 2nd line. Curious what you're settings are

Those are old pics. Away from home, but from what I recall 6.5 degrees when taking measurement from play field surface (don’t recall where my bubble is). I’ll confirm when I get home this weekend. However, I did start with all feet fully screwed in then backed out from there. May make me a little shorter than others.

#8795 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Shout out to Mr T and OlliG on the traffic light mod... Mr T made a few different lights for me so here are a few pics. He reduced the lens shade size on these 2 versions and there is one pic of his coin door decal that I did not install because I have some fade on the front end and may replace the art work so until I do, I'm posting this so others can se how great it may look on their pins. An original light posted for point of reference,

Is that the mezelmods.com mountian ? I really like what you did to the top of it.

Also I REALLY like the bricks decal on the post holding up the supercharger ramp. Is that custom or can you purchase somewhere ?

#8796 5 years ago
Quoted from ajnin:

Is that the mezelmods.com mountian ? I really like what you did to the top of it.
Also I REALLY like the bricks decal on the post holding up the supercharger ramp. Is that custom or can you purchase somewhere ?

Thank you! That's not Mezel Mods it was one of the repo ones made a few years ago. I made the plastic for the mountain because I thought the original looked out of place and a clear plastic made it look like it had a giant hole. The "decal" for the post is something I put on just to cover it up and to see if I liked it, it's nothing like what Mr T makes...

#8797 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Thank you! That's not Mezel Mods it was one of the repo ones made a few years ago. I made the plastic for the mountain because I thought the original looked out of place and a clear plastic made it look like it had a giant hole. The "decal" for the post is something I put on just to cover it up and to see if I liked it, it's nothing like what Mr T makes...

Actually, I stole your idea since I liked it so much. Just made one that was black brick with red mortar to match my custom SC decal.

Here's a pic (sorry, too lazy to take the glass off again for a good photo).

IMG_1600.JPGIMG_1600.JPG
#8798 5 years ago

I'm replacing the rubber on my HS2, and I have no idea where the yellow post sleeve should go.

Looking at the images online, I see it in different locations on different machines. Mine doesn't currently have a yellow sleeve (and also has some strange doubling up of rubber rings , so I wouldn't rely on it being correct anyway.

Does anyone know what the original position was ?
Thanks in advance

#8799 5 years ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

I'm replacing the rubber on my HS2, and I have no idea where the yellow post sleeve should go.
Looking at the images online, I see it in different locations on different machines. Mine doesn't currently have a yellow sleeve (and also has some strange doubling up of rubber rings , so I wouldn't rely on it being correct anyway.
Thanks in advance

I thought mine was on the right post on the SC ramp but it's been so long now I'm not 100%...

I'm not sure what you're saying about the doubling up

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Actually, I stole your idea since I liked it so much. Just made one that was black brick with red mortar to match my custom SC decal.
Here's a pic (sorry, too lazy to take the glass off again for a good photo).[quoted image]

Ha-ha, all good, looks nice.

#8800 5 years ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:I'm replacing the rubber on my HS2, and I have no idea where the yellow post sleeve should go.
Thanks in advance

Left side of supercharger ramp, larger in diameter to make the loop shot a little more difficult

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/176?hl=sprudeldudel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.