• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 277.
#8701 5 years ago

Where on the coin door is this supposed to go?

11 (resized).jpg11 (resized).jpg
#8702 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

[quoted image]

I was asking me the same question?
My door looks the same!

#8703 5 years ago

My first measurement were without corners because my decal lays only on the flat raised sections. That is what was measured. Total width with corners looks to be 8 .25 By 1.75.

#8704 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

[quoted image]

Here is a sample of the Williams coin door that this decal would be for. See how the raised part is not perfectly square, but has rounded corners? This is what I'm still trying to determine as I want my decal to fit perfectly on this elevated portion of the door (i.e. I don't want it to be too narrow in either direction not to cover the rounded corners, and I don't want sharp square corners to overhang the rounded portions of the raised metal.

large.jpglarge.jpg

Decal will look like this.

large.jpglarge.jpg
#8705 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

My first measurement were without corners because my decal lays only on the flat raised sections. That is what was measured. Total width with corners looks to be 8 .25 By 1.75.

Okay, I hate to be an @$$, but to get this right the first time, I think I'm going to need some pics. I need 2 photos with a ruler/tape measure positioned exactly as shown so I can accurately determine the measurements I need. Please provide high resolution closeups that are in focus and show the full raised portion of the door. Also, when posting them to Pinside, please set image quality/size to "original".

I'm really happy to do this, but I don't want to risk making several and sending them out to owners only to find they are not the right size. Unfortunately, this is just not the style of door I have or I would self measure.

THESE PICS ARE A SIMULATION MEANT ONLY TO SHOW THE POSITIONS I NEED THE RULER IN
height.jpgheight.jpgwidth.jpgwidth.jpg

#8706 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Okay, I hate to be an @$$, but to get this right the first time, I'm going to need some pics. I need to photos with a ruler positioned exactly as shown so I an determine the measurements I need. Please provide a close up that is in focus, and please position the ruler exactly as shown.
THESE PICS ARE A SIMULATION MEANT ONLY TO SHOW THE POSITIONS I NEED THE RULER IN[quoted image][quoted image]

I can do that. At work but I’ll send some pics tonight.

#8707 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I can do that. At work but I’ll send some pics tonight.

Thanks. After the pics, I should not have an issue with the final design and offering it to the group sometime over the weekend.

#8708 5 years ago
Quoted from OlliG:I was asking me the same question?
My door looks the same!

Yeah you guys have the Euro style coin door, although even the US ones look like that just without the center slot. They're using a later style coin door on their games.

#8709 5 years ago
36070ECF-4505-41C9-B0B1-BA8F0F082CE2 (resized).jpeg36070ECF-4505-41C9-B0B1-BA8F0F082CE2 (resized).jpeg8C1B6F25-22CD-48D6-9EBA-59A6A52865C2 (resized).jpeg8C1B6F25-22CD-48D6-9EBA-59A6A52865C2 (resized).jpegAE1BA770-B57B-4CC8-932D-938F7FF6F92A (resized).jpegAE1BA770-B57B-4CC8-932D-938F7FF6F92A (resized).jpegE74081C3-1CD8-4661-9D8C-569033B33288 (resized).jpegE74081C3-1CD8-4661-9D8C-569033B33288 (resized).jpeg
#8710 5 years ago

Those are good, but I really need the ruler positioned in the two spots exactly like my pics in #8705, please.

Man, that chrome is shiny. Makes it kind of hard to make out the raised surface.

#8711 5 years ago

BTW: I did go visit my Getatway... it has the other type coin door, with the 3 raised sections in the middle

#8712 5 years ago

Ok Will do.

#8713 5 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

BTW: I did go visit my Getatway... it has the other type coin door, with the 3 raised sections in the middle

Mine doesn't even have that, but some other hacked door. It has a couple of holes in it too, but I'm too cheap to replace it.

#8714 5 years ago
2AE01C1C-5F7F-4E47-ACF9-27496412B9A5 (resized).jpeg2AE01C1C-5F7F-4E47-ACF9-27496412B9A5 (resized).jpeg8527A538-E0A7-4F4B-98EC-E293A9799AEE (resized).jpeg8527A538-E0A7-4F4B-98EC-E293A9799AEE (resized).jpegCC400211-F0B2-451C-BE20-D9AC9BB09A5F (resized).jpegCC400211-F0B2-451C-BE20-D9AC9BB09A5F (resized).jpeg
#8715 5 years ago

That should do it. I’ll knock the decal out tomorrow. Thanks.

#8716 5 years ago

Glad to help .

#8717 5 years ago

Now the next thing I need in order to see if I need to make any adjustments.

Can someone please download and print the attached PDF file (click on it first to open it, then you can save it to your computer), cut out the image, and test fit to the coin door? It would be great if you could tape it up with clear tape and snap a pic so I can see the fit. From there I will make any adjustments required, do a final test, and voila - we have a coin door sticker.

Also, when printing the PDF, in the PDF print dialog window you MUST choose "Actual Size" under the Page Sizing & Handling section. DO NOT SELECT "SHRINK TO FIT" or "SHRINK OVERSIZED PAGES". When printed the overall image should measure 1.125" (1-1/8") tall and 7.75" (7-3/4") wide.

CoinDoorDecal.pdfCoinDoorDecal.pdf

#8718 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Now the next thing I need in order to see if I need to make any adjustments.
Can someone please download and print the attached PDF file (click on it first to open it, then you can save it to your computer), cut out the image, and test fit to the coin door? It would be great if you could tape it up with clear tape and snap a pic so I can see the fit. From there I will make any adjustments required, do a final test, and voila - we have a coin door sticker.
Also, when printing the PDF, in the PDF print dialog window you MUST choose "Actual Size" under the Page Sizing & Handling section. DO NOT SELECT "SHRINK TO FIT" or "SHRINK OVERSIZED PAGES". When printed the overall image should measure 1.125" (1-1/8") tall and 7.75" (7-3/4") wide.
[quoted image]

Can’t help with that one. Have none of that stuff.....

#8719 5 years ago

I just need it printed on plain paper and can even be black and white. The fit is all I'm concerned about. Is there anyone in the forum that can assist us with this?

#8720 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I just need it printed on plain paper and can even be black and white. The fit is all I'm concerned about. Is there anyone in the forum that can assist us with this?

Sorry Mr T i can print out the pdf file no worries but none of my Williams/Bally machines have that style coin door.

#8721 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

[quoted image]

Sorry, but nothing really works for me.

cd-1 (resized).jpgcd-1 (resized).jpgcd-2 (resized).jpgcd-2 (resized).jpgcd-3 (resized).jpgcd-3 (resized).jpg
#8722 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Sorry, but nothing really works for me.

The third version doesn't look too bad actually. The first one looks like a Stretch Lambo can you imagine anyone actually making one of those cars for real....ohhh the horror of cutting a Lambo in half

#8723 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

The third version doesn't look too bad actually. The first one looks like a Stretch Lambo can you imagine anyone actually making one of those cars for real....ohhh the horror of cutting a Lambo in half

stretch.jpgstretch.jpg
#8724 5 years ago

that's kool, room for a few more pairs of cylinders !

#8725 5 years ago
Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

that's kool, room for a few more pairs of cylinders !

I think this one's a little more up your alley.

GEL.jpgGEL.jpg
#8726 5 years ago
IMG_8575.JPGIMG_8575.JPG
#8727 5 years ago
IMG_8577.JPGIMG_8577.JPG
#8728 5 years ago

The black and white was printed at 1 1/8" x 7 9/16" and looks like it fits the area better

#8729 5 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

The black and white was printed at 1 1/8" x 7 9/16" and looks like it fits the area better

I think I need a few adjustments. Let me work on it.

#8730 5 years ago

Can you please try this one for me?

Should be 7-5/8" x 1-3/16"

CoinDoorDecal.pdfCoinDoorDecal.pdf
#8731 5 years ago
IMG_8580.JPGIMG_8580.JPG
#8732 5 years ago

you are correct sir !

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I think this one's a little more up your alley.
[quoted image]

#8733 5 years ago

So, would you say I'm good or do I need any minor adjustments (pic looks pretty good from what I can tell)?

#8734 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

So, would you say I'm good or do I need any minor adjustments (pic looks pretty good from what I can tell)?

Looks good

#8735 5 years ago

Okay, here is the final coin door decal. Please PM me if you are interested. Cost will be $4 to US address. You can choose between gold or silver wheels.

If you want to make your own, then PM me and I'll share my source files as long as you agree to only make decals for your own Getaway and not distribute media or hardcopy.

Thanks to MJW & onemoresean who helped with the sizing.

CoinDoorDecal.jpgCoinDoorDecal.jpgCoinDoorDecal2.jpgCoinDoorDecal2.jpg

#8736 5 years ago

Does anyone know where I can buy the left return lane guide?
I can find a part number for the whole assembly ,A-15456-2 but not just the metal guide.
Does @cliffys Cliffy make them?

#8737 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Okay, here is the final coin door decal. Please PM me if you are interested. Cost will be $4 to US address. You can choose between gold or silver wheels.
If you want to make your own, then PM me and I'll share my source files as long as you agree to only make decals for your own Getaway and not distribute media or hardcopy.
Thanks to MJW & onemoresean who helped with the sizing.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks way better than what I’m using. Nice work. I might order one. Still working on my weak flipper. I’m going to try a known good fliptronucs board. Tried everything but that. I’ll try starting a detailed thread if board is not the problem.

#8738 5 years ago

Well, I couldn't get the thought out of my head for a decal set for the coin door that has 3 raised areas, so here is my best idea. I have 2 pics below of the actual decals on my coin door. First pic is with flash and second is without (still dark here so room lighting is not the greatest, and some reflections show up on the decals - these are not flaws). I think they came out great and they definitely liven up the coin door, so I thought I would share with my Getaway brethren. I obviously have a 2 coin slot door, but I assume the raised sections are exactly the same on the 3 coin slot doors - outside decals are 25mm x 75mm and middle decal is 30mm x 75mm, with both having 2.5mm corner cuts.

I will sell the set of 3 for $8 including postage to US location (your choice of gold or silver wheels), or if you prefer to make your own I am willing to share my files. Please PM me if interested.
1.jpg1.jpg2.jpg2.jpg

#8739 5 years ago
Quoted from newmanoconnor:

Does anyone know where I can buy the left return lane guide?
I can find a part number for the whole assembly ,A-15456-2 but not just the metal guide.
Does cliffys cliffy make them?

Have you had any luck finding one yet (I've been trying for you, but no success). I was fortunate to find one here on Pinside a year or so ago from a Pinsider in Germany. You may want to place a wanted ad outside of this thread as a lot of old timers and route guys have all kinds of parts, but they may very well not be reading the Getaway thread.

Also, just to clarify for everyone, is this the part you're looking for?

left lane guide.jpgleft lane guide.jpg
#8740 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, I couldn't get the thought out of my head for a decal set for the coin door that has 3 raised areas, so here is my best idea.

@Tantrum having three raised areas I think might profit from looking for something that exists three times in the context of the machine's theme. What comes to mind are
- traffic lights (possibly with different lights lit)
- the white gauges from the lower targets
- the bumpers
- "5" - "0" - "4" (from the police quote)

Just sharing thoughts

#8741 5 years ago

Just curious what slope you guys are using specifically what does the bubble read? Mine is right on that thicker line #2 I think from bottom but might want to make it quicker so thinking of rising but it already is higher than my other games

#8742 5 years ago

He is a tease for you boys... looks like my nearly 7month wait is drawing to a close...
89091A68-8CD2-4627-B12F-C9EA7FD45047 (resized).jpeg89091A68-8CD2-4627-B12F-C9EA7FD45047 (resized).jpeg

#8743 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

He is a tease for you boys... looks like my nearly 7month wait is drawing to a close...
[quoted image]

I can tell already, that's going to be gorgeous!

#8744 5 years ago

Quoted from delt31:Just curious what slope you guys are using specifically what does the bubble read? Mine is right on that thicker line #2 I think from bottom but might want to make it quicker so thinking of rising but it already is higher than my other games

To me you need more than a bubble to make sure left to right & front to back are correct. I actually utilize the free Pinguy app on my iPhone (set on the center of playfield with glass removed), and adjust to level left to right and 6.5% front to back. If you've never used the app before you must first calibrate it on a perfectly flat/level surface. I like it because while I'm under the pin adjusting legs it actually talks to me about what adjustments are needed. Of course, the downside is you do have to put up with a woman telling you what to do (what do they know about pinball?)!

#8745 5 years ago

Thanks I use an app too and I just feel like 6.5 makes the game super tall committed to my others which I've left it that way bc I like a fast game..... Thinking of even making it higher

#8746 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

@Tantrum having three raised areas I think might profit from looking for something that exists three times in the context of the machine's theme. What comes to mind are
- traffic lights (possibly with different lights lit)
- the white gauges from the lower targets
- the bumpers
- "5" - "0" - "4" (from the police quote)
Just sharing thoughts

Here are the traffic lights using the style actually on the playfield.
Coin Door Decal - Traffic Lights (triple).jpgCoin Door Decal - Traffic Lights (triple).jpg
Here are my custom target guages

Coin Door Decal -Guages (triple).jpgCoin Door Decal -Guages (triple).jpg
#8747 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

[quoted image]
Here are my custom target guages[quoted image]

You always make the best looking additions...

#8748 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

You always make the best looking additions...

Thanks for the complement.

#8749 5 years ago

I'll print thse on paper and post a photo

#8750 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

[quoted image]
Here are my custom target guages[quoted image]

Those look great, to bad you couldn't find pictures where the needles are at 6000rpm, 140mph etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 20.00
4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/175 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.