• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 277.
#8651 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

lol! Stang, you wouldn't want to make all of those players to go blind; would you?!

They aren't THAT bright.

#8652 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

[quoted image]

Is that a display in the apron?

#8653 5 years ago

Well, after getting my pin all back together from the board repair, I'm noticing that my start button and flipper buttons are not lighting (I custom lit my flipper buttons off of the start button circuit). I don't know if these not working was the case before or after my board repair, but hopefully I can figure it out. Nothing has come loose with the wiring at the buttons.

I'm about at the point where I'm done messing around with electrical things. Seems like I cause myself more problems every time.

So from what I can tell in the manual, the start button circuit (68 in lamp matrix) is where I should be looking. Looks like J133-9 (Q83) & J137-6 (Q93).

#8654 5 years ago
Quoted from OlliG:

Is that a display in the apron?

Yeah. I think it was dr pinball who made them. Not sure if they are still around.

#8655 5 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Looks amazing ! thanks for sharing !!

Thank you sir. I’ve been a Getaway fan for some time. Without Grumpy and other Pinsiders help it was broken quite a few times. Amazing knowledge on this forum.

#8656 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Dang, my Leg Lights, Pincup Light and beatmasters shooter housing light up would REALLY light up all that chrome.

Paul, I have all that on my mustang prem that sits next to it so I didn’t want to do both games with those mods. Even did the rear legs.

#8657 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, after getting my pin all back together from the board repair, I'm noticing that my start button and flipper buttons are not lighting (I custom lit my flipper buttons off of the start button circuit). I don't know if these not working was the case before or after my board repair, but hopefully I can figure it out. Nothing has come loose with the wiring at the buttons.
I'm about at the point where I'm done messing around with electrical things. Seems like I cause myself more problems every time.
So from what I can tell in the manual, the start button circuit (68 in lamp matrix) is where I should be looking. Looks like J133-9 (Q83) & J137-6 (Q93).

Wasn't that a new Rottendog board? Not that problems can't occur on a new board but it seems early in it's life span to be blowing components. Check the fuses and check those molex connectors, in some cases the connectors are the issue when you have a new board or repin a board (often neglected when people replace or repin a board).

#8658 5 years ago

Hopefully someone can help me out with this. When my getaway has been on for a little while (like over half an hour), two sound issues start to happen.

One is that it sounds like someone is blowing into a microphone softly. It kinda comes and goes, but it is noticeable when it isn’t being played.

The other is that during a game the speakers occasionally pop very loudly. It’s a single pop repeated every few seconds until I disconnect the speakers or the game ends. It doesn’t happen every game, it seems to be games that last a little while.

I checked and reseated all the connectors and replaced the capacitors on the sound board.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

#8659 5 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

Hopefully someone can help me out with this. When my getaway has been on for a little while (like over half an hour), two sound issues start to happen.
One is that it sounds like someone is blowing into a microphone softly. It kinda comes and goes, but it is noticeable when it isn’t being played.
The other is that during a game the speakers occasionally pop very loudly. It’s a single pop repeated every few seconds until I disconnect the speakers or the game ends. It doesn’t happen every game, it seems to be games that last a little while.
I checked and reseated all the connectors and replaced the capacitors on the sound board.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

My Elvira used to crackel, like static, not sure this is the same sound you're talking about but it was the ground wire causing the issue so maybe check out the green ground wires.

#8660 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Paul, I have all that on my mustang prem that sits next to it so I didn’t want to do both games with those mods. Even did the rear legs.

I see.

#8661 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

My Elvira used to crackel, like static, not sure this is the same sound you're talking about but it was the ground wire causing the issue so maybe check out the green ground wires.

My initial thought was a ground issue, but I don’t think that is the case.

#8662 5 years ago

I just published a new "thing" on Thingiverse:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3179377

I always disliked the rough and "technical" things and parts on the Getaway playfield.... they distract from the otherwise nice playfield.
Like the metal shield, where the Donut Heaven Mod is placed... and the uncovered switches and optos...

So here is another solution for this

2018-10-27 10_54_41-Window (resized).png2018-10-27 10_54_41-Window (resized).pngIMG_20181026_200834896 (resized).jpgIMG_20181026_200834896 (resized).jpgIMG_20181027_104458186 (resized).jpgIMG_20181027_104458186 (resized).jpg
#8663 5 years ago

Nice design & very creative. Great work, as usual for you.

#8664 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Turns out it was my fault. After re-installing everything, I was one pin off on J134 connector. It is a 9 pin lead but I only have an 8 pin molex. After retracing all my steps and looking closely at all of my pre-teardown photos, it caught my eye.

Happy to say, I'm 100% up and running again - time for some Getaway pinball, baby!

#8665 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Thank you sir. I’ve been a Getaway fan for some time. Without Grumpy and other Pinsiders help it was broken quite a few times. Amazing knowledge on this forum.

And of course after working perfectly the right bottom flipper is now very weak. Top right is fine. No snap in bottom right. I’m getting good voltage to the bottom right coil. If I ground the center tap manually it fires as it should. Rebuilt entire flipper assembly. Still sluggish with no snap. Seems to be a bad ground?? Don’t know where to go from here. Any ideas? Flipper switch shows up fine is switch edges test. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

#8666 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

And of course after working perfectly the right bottom flipper is now very weak. Top right is fine. No snap in bottom right. I’m getting good voltage to the bottom right coil. If I ground the center tap manually it fires as it should. Rebuilt entire flipper assembly. Still sluggish with no snap. Seems to be a bad ground?? Don’t know where to go from here. Any ideas? Flipper switch shows up fine is switch edges test. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

If you rebuilt, are you 100% that you have a good angle and their is no drag/catching of the metal rod in the plastic sleeve? I had this issue early on and it took me awhile to get it just right. Just lift the playfield and activate by hand several times to make sure the action is smooth.

#8667 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Here you go super bee.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Man, that is shiny & beautiful.

#8668 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I can design one, what did you have in mind?
Also, I don’t know that I have stock coin door. Can someone provide exact dimensions for decal area?

Anybody have measurements? Coin door decal will be based off my custom black SC loop decal.

#8669 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

If you rebuilt, are you 100% that you have a good angle and their is no drag/catching of the metal rod in the plastic sleeve? I had this issue early on and it took me awhile to get it just right. Just lift the playfield and activate by hand several times to make sure the action is smooth.

I’ll double check but pretty sure that’s not the issue. Yeah it’s shiny but not playable now. Lol. Thanks

#8670 5 years ago

Smooth action...

#8671 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Turns out it was my fault. After re-installing everything, I was one pin off on J134 connector. It is a 9 pin lead but I only have an 8 pin molex. After retracing all my steps and looking closely at all of my pre-teardown photos, it caught my eye.
Happy to say, I'm 100% up and running again - time for some Getaway pinball, baby!

Glad to hear!!

#8672 5 years ago

Another thing :
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3181841

2018-10-28 16_28_12-Window (resized).png2018-10-28 16_28_12-Window (resized).pngIMG_20181028_160444061_BURST008 (resized).jpgIMG_20181028_160444061_BURST008 (resized).jpg
#8673 5 years ago
Quoted from OlliG:

Another thing :

Nice work.

#8674 5 years ago

Here's a pic of my OlliG traffic light and opto cover. Sorry, but glass was already re-installed and I was too lazy to take it back off.

Also, shot a short vid of my new custom traffic light. This time I went with black housing, yellow face, black shades, black frame, and clear inserts. Inside I have 4 SMD LED bulbs: red, yellow, and green.

IMG_1577.JPGIMG_1577.JPG

#8675 5 years ago

That looks fantastic...I’m hoping OlliG releases these files for print

#8676 5 years ago
Quoted from Kazowi:

That looks fantastic...I’m hoping OlliG releases these files for print

He has. Just go to Thingiverse and search for his name. He has everything there.

#8677 5 years ago

That looks GREAT. You guys with the 3d printers have all the fun.

#8678 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

He has. Just go to Thingiverse and search for his name. He has everything there.

Actually the traffic light stl-files are not available to the public at the moment!
But a lot of my free stuff is here :
https://www.thingiverse.com/OlloG/designs

Quoted from MustangPaul:

That looks GREAT. You guys with the 3d printers have all the fun.

3D printers are not so expensive anymore... my Anycubic i3 mega was only 250€ + a few spools of plastic!
And it is robust and works great out of the box... no special skills needed!

And there is another aspect to having a 3D printer.... it boosts creativity!

About two month ago I almost bought a Donut Heaven MOD from Mezel... but back then I thought the price was too high!
(....now I know better.... 3D printed parts are expensive, if you have them printed by a printservice!
Mine is about the same price...even more expensive...
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/olligpinballmods?section=Donut+Heaven&s=0)
Anyways... this is when I decided to by my own 3D-printer...and to print my own Donut Heaven....
I started out with a design close to Mezels.... but then I found out, that a lot more could be done.....
And this is when the creative fun started... suddenly previously unimaginable things were possible!

I still have to change my way of thinking about how stuff can be done/designed....

#8679 5 years ago
Quoted from robertg130:

Hi guys,I’m looking for a Gateway coindoor decal,if someone have one or can make one I’m interested
Thanks

FYI, I'm still offering to do this - will design for FREE and make for just a couple of bucks if you can't do your own. Here is an example of what it might look like (made to match my SC decal).

Getaway_CoinDoorSticker_wide.pngGetaway_CoinDoorSticker_wide.png

I just need someone to please provide me exact dimensions as precisely measured (I'll take metric or imperial) on the raised area of coin door. I would do it myself, but I have a different coin door on mine.

Getaway_CoinDoorSticker_wide.jpgGetaway_CoinDoorSticker_wide.jpg

#8680 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

FYI, I'm still offering to do this - will design for FREE and make for just a couple of bucks if you can't do your own. Here is an example of what it might look like (made to match my SC decal).
[quoted image]
I just need someone to please provide me exact dimensions as precisely measured (I'll take metric or imperial) on the raised area of coin door. I would do it myself, but I have a different coin door on mine.
[quoted image]

I’ll try to get measurements after work if no one else sends them.

#8681 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks great, lose the gold for silver and you've got another winner!

#8682 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I’ll try to get measurements after work if no one else sends them.

I’m getting 7 and 3/4 inches x 1 and 1/8 inches

#8683 5 years ago

Factory ramp decal that I am using in door is 7and 5/8 x1 inch. It’s a little small but works for me.

#8684 5 years ago
CCE679E6-4E5E-476F-AC72-787B645D5840 (resized).jpegCCE679E6-4E5E-476F-AC72-787B645D5840 (resized).jpeg
#8685 5 years ago
Quoted from OlliG:

Another thing :

Weird. My game has metal plates on either side. Your mod would not sit flush . Wonder why mine had these plates. It was a reimport .. anybody know?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8686 5 years ago
7254E0AE-69AE-4947-A0BF-E51473AF8F4D (resized).jpeg7254E0AE-69AE-4947-A0BF-E51473AF8F4D (resized).jpeg
#8687 5 years ago

Probably to help hold it together. I’ve seen similar on other games.

#8688 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Probably to help hold it together. I’ve seen similar on other games.

Ok thanks.

#8689 5 years ago

Yep, cab must have been coming apart at the corners so someone did a dodgy quick fix Most likely the machine used to be on location.

#8690 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Weird. My game has metal plates on either side. Your mod would not sit flush . Wonder why mine had these plates. It was a reimport .. anybody know?
[quoted image]

Looks like someone's hack to hold the cabinet together. That is not factory at all.. not even for re-imports

Notice all those screws outside the plate too? also not factory. That cabinet had come apart and someone used a heavy screw and plate method to try to keep it together.. instead of the proper wood joint repairs.

#8691 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

[quoted image]

Looks like you should put the HD leg bolt plates on it as insurance.

#8692 5 years ago

Mr_Tantrum is asking for 4 measurements.

I would measure mine, however, it's temporarily at my son's home for about a month.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8693 5 years ago

Thanks for the info guys.

#8694 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Looks great, lose the gold for silver and you've got another winner!

I knew that was coming from my SC sticker. I can make both ways so each person can choose which they prefer.

#8695 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I’m getting 7 and 3/4 inches x 1 and 1/8 inches

Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Mr_Tantrum is asking for 4 measurements . . .

I need all 4 measurements please, so that I know what radius to use when designing the rounded corners which I think this particular decal requires for best looks.

Total Width = 7.75"
Width w/o Corners = ?
Total Height = 1.125"
Height w/o Corners = ?

FYI, I'm thinking $4 per including postage for those that may be interested (or PM me for the file if you want to make your own). Will be my normal format with high quality photo print and gloss vinyl laminate. I'll design options with gold & silver Lambo wheels. Once I get all of the measurements required shouldn't take me any time at all to knock out the design, and I'll post images when I make them.

#8696 5 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I would measure mine, however, it's temporarily at my son's home for about a month.

Now that's true love for one's child - what a dad!

#8697 5 years ago

Just need the other two dimensions, but here it is with correct total length & height.

CoinDoor_Gold.jpgCoinDoor_Gold.jpgCoinDoor_Silver.jpgCoinDoor_Silver.jpg
#8698 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I knew that was coming from my SC sticker. I can make both ways so each person can choose which they prefer.

Ha-ha, I'm so predictable!

#8699 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I need all 4 measurements please, so that I know what radius to use when designing the rounded corners which I think this particular decal requires for best looks.
Total Width = 7.75"
Width w/o Corners = ?
Total Height = 1.125"
Height w/o Corners = ?
FYI, I'm thinking $4 per including postage for those that may be interested (or PM me for the file if you want to make your own). Will be my normal format with high quality photo print and gloss vinyl laminate. I'll design options with gold & silver Lambo wheels. Once I get all of the measurements required shouldn't take me any time at all to knock out the design, and I'll post images when I make them.

Sorry Tantrum I’m not following what you need... I have calipers. Don’t know what measurements you need. Corners? Maybe someone else can chime in.

#8700 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Sorry Tantrum I’m not following what you need... I have calipers. Don’t know what measurements you need. Corners? Maybe someone else can chime in.

I need these two measurements as shown by the yellow highlights - the width and height excluding the curved corners.
measurements.jpgmeasurements.jpg

Another way to look at it. If you were to cut off all the edges to the point where the rounded corners were gone, what would the length & height then be?

coindoor.jpgcoindoor.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/174?hl=archon9000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.