• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4875 (resized).jpeg
get2 (resized).jpg
get3 (resized).jpg
get1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4154 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt_la_canyons_15-4-120-14-24-33 (resized).jpg
IMG_4302 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
media-pinball-display-mounting-bracket (resized).jpg
IMG_7017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpeg

There are 13,738 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 275.
#8501 5 years ago

I just picked up a getaway today for dirt cheap. But I'm having two issues.
1. I'm getting no music. I get sounds but no la grange. When i go into test menus i get it, i don't get it in some menus, or during gameplay.
2. At first the dmd was a jumbled mess. After reseating everything i get this

IMG_20180930_214137 (resized).jpgIMG_20180930_214137 (resized).jpg
#8502 5 years ago
Quoted from Beaumistim:

At first the dmd was a jumbled mess. After reseating everything i get this

Normally a display issue like that is related to the ribbon cables, try re-seating all of them but in particular the one between the DMD driver board and the display and also the one between the DMD driver board and the MPU. Sound issue could also be ribbon cable related too.
It could be possible that one of the ribbon cables is bad, after all they are getting old. I was going to suggest swapping from another working WPC machine but i see you don't have another one in your lineup from that era. Display issue could also be the DMD driver board itself.

#8503 5 years ago

Fantastic work, OlliG and Mr_Tantrum

#8504 5 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

Fantastic work, ollig and mr_tantrum

Thanks a lot

While playing with the 3D CAD, I came up with a crazy idea... not sure if this will result in a real print... and it is far away from the Donut Heaven in the DMD Animation.... but........
I like Crazy ideas .... any thoughts on this concept?

2018-10-01 11_02_49-3D design Donut Donut _ Tinkercad (resized).png2018-10-01 11_02_49-3D design Donut Donut _ Tinkercad (resized).png2018-10-01 11_03_03-3D design Donut Donut _ Tinkercad (resized).png2018-10-01 11_03_03-3D design Donut Donut _ Tinkercad (resized).png
#8505 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Normally a display issue like that is related to the ribbon cables, try re-seating all of them but in particular the one between the DMD driver board and the display and also the one between the DMD driver board and the MPU. Sound issue could also be ribbon cable related too.
It could be possible that one of the ribbon cables is bad, after all they are getting old. I was going to suggest swapping from another working WPC machine but i see you don't have another one in your lineup from that era. Display issue could also be the DMD driver board itself.

I agree, start there with the cables but I've seen fried Dmd controller boards cause this issue so if you got it for dirt cheap I suspect you'll have a few issues to address. Good luck and welcome!

#8506 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

As many may have seen, I’ve introduced some blue into my Getaway to help support the police presence in the theme (blue pops, blue flipper rubbers, couple of the clear inserts, etc.) I also just replaced my red sling flashers with blue and played for the first time tonight. I must say that I really like them. I know we’ve had this discussion before, but I’m on the side that really likes the flashers to be bright so that they draw attention to themselves when they are triggered. My flasher of choice is the Comet 13 SMD tower, and the blue in the slings definitely has a visual impact.
So, if you want to mix things up a bit with the white or red I bet most of you are using, I recommend you give blue flashers a try on your slings (these are actually the two flashers located in the ball lane dividers near the flippers that flash when the slings are fired).

Love to see a video of this in action. I think that's a mod I could actually accomplish successfully.

#8507 5 years ago
Quoted from OlliG:

Thanks a lot
While playing with the 3D CAD, I came up with a crazy idea... not sure if this will result in a real print... and it is far away from the Donut Heaven in the DMD Animation.... but........
I like Crazy ideas .... any thoughts on this concept?
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's different, a donut shape Donut Heaven.

#8508 5 years ago

I've just picked up another Getaway that's been sitting in a warehouse for the last twenty years. It looks like it was vandalized then put into storage. The coin door was broken off, and the right decal on the cabinet has been ripped off.

Any chance anyone has just the right side cabinet decal they'd be interested in selling?

#8509 5 years ago
Quoted from 1979wade:

I've just picked up another Getaway that's been sitting in a warehouse for the last twenty years. It looks like it was vandalized then put into storage. The coin door was broken off, and the right decal on the cabinet has been ripped off.
Any chance anyone has just the right side cabinet decal they'd be interested in selling?

goto the overseas decal guys and see if they'll make a partial set. But honestly I think you'll do yourself a disservice that way as the red will certainly be different.

#8510 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

goto the overseas decal guys and see if they'll make a partial set. But honestly I think you'll do yourself a disservice that way as the red will certainly be different.

Agreed, and I don't think the entire set is that expensive?

#8511 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I also just replaced my red sling flashers with blue and played for the first time tonight. I must say that I really like them.

I've been using a combo of blue and red flashers for a while, plus I've added some custom blue and red flashers elsewhere and I have to admit it adds quite a bit to the light show.

#8512 5 years ago

Hi, I have been on the forum for a short time and I am impressed by the things you do with your machines. I am glad that there are so many fans of this machine that is underrated in the rankings. I love The Getaway, it's my youth machine where I spent hours in the gamerooms losing all my pocket money . It once seemed unreal in Poland but now I have my own machine at home. I worked on it a bit, it does not equal many presented on the forum, but I'm proud of it anyway. Attached a few photos.

xxIMG_0687-int (resized).jpgxxIMG_0687-int (resized).jpgxxIMG_0690-int (resized).jpgxxIMG_0690-int (resized).jpgxxIMG_0703-int (resized).jpgxxIMG_0703-int (resized).jpgxxIMG_0713 (resized).JPGxxIMG_0713 (resized).JPGxxIMG_0727 (resized).JPGxxIMG_0727 (resized).JPGxxIMG_1436-int (resized).jpgxxIMG_1436-int (resized).jpgxxIMG_1437-int (resized).jpgxxIMG_1437-int (resized).jpgxxIMG_1448-int (resized).jpgxxIMG_1448-int (resized).jpgxxkey-int (resized).jpgxxkey-int (resized).jpg
#8513 5 years ago
Quoted from artur_n:

Hi, I have been on the forum for a short time and I am impressed by the things you do with your machines. I am glad that there are so many fans of this machine that is underrated in the rankings. I love The Getaway, it's my youth machine where I spent hours in the gamerooms losing all my pocket money . It once seemed unreal in Poland but now I have my own machine at home. I worked on it a bit, it does not equal many presented on the forum, but I'm proud of it anyway. Attached a few photos.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Welcome!

#8514 5 years ago

Very nice, and welcome to the club!

Nothing to be ashamed of in here. We all put our own touches on our machines, and some like to keep it pure. Either way, everyone is welcome, great support from everyone, and even an occasional rift occurs to keep things a little lively.

#8515 5 years ago

Now the dmd and sound are great. But the damn kickback and the switch in the trough for ball drain aren't

#8516 5 years ago
Quoted from artur_n:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club, it look great to me.

#8517 5 years ago
Quoted from artur_n:

I worked on it a bit

I just love your shifter. Any chance i can tap into your source to get mine in leather too? How did you do this?

#8518 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I just love your shifter. Any chance i can tap into your source to get mine in leather too? How did you do this?

Yea, I want one too. Cool mod.

#8519 5 years ago

Hi,
No problem. I can give a contact to a small company where I made a shifter. The company deals in car tuning. I had to tell them a little to get it started but I think it can be easier now. If you are interested in contacting the company send me info on PW. In any case, you have to dismantle the shifter and give it to the company. But it's in Poland so I think it's easier and faster to do it in the US. I can do more accurate pictures for you so that it can be easily reproduced in another company.

PS. In fact, the shifter looks really much better than in the pictures

#8520 5 years ago

Got a few mods from Mr T. installed this weekend. They look fantastic, the plastics should be stock on this machine. The mountain decal gives a GREAT look. Got a decent pic of the mountain decal behind my new pop bumpers. The green pop bumper is a little too bright, but I think it looks good. It really illuminates the back of the playfield. I also replaced the super jackpot light with a blue led, I think it looks super slick.

IMG_20181002_171903 (resized).jpgIMG_20181002_171903 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20181002_165945 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20181002_165945 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20181002_171910 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20181002_171910 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20181002_171916 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20181002_171916 (resized).jpg
#8521 5 years ago

Ok. I had it all working for about3 games. Then once again the trough switch, the kickback switch, and the second relight kickback switch stopped working again

#8522 5 years ago
Quoted from Beaumistim:

switch stopped working again

Are there pink quick connectors on the switches? If yes remove them and solder wire directly to the switch.

#8523 5 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Got a few mods from Mr T. installed this weekend. They look fantastic, the plastics should be stock on this machine. The mountain decal gives a GREAT look. Got a decent pic of the mountain decal behind my new pop bumpers. The green pop bumper is a little too bright, but I think it looks good. It really illuminates the back of the playfield. I also replaced the super jackpot light with a blue led, I think it looks super slick.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Everything looks great! Glad you like my add-ons.

#8524 5 years ago
Quoted from artur_n:

Dude your Getaway looks really good! love the shifter and the carbon fiber!! very nice!

#8525 5 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Love to see a video of this in action. I think that's a mod I could actually accomplish successfully.

Here you go. Didn't want to setup full camera rig so flashers are not directly in the frame, but this should give you a good enough idea of what it is like.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8526 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Here you go. Didn't want to setup full camera rig so flashers are not directly in the frame, but this should give you a good enough idea of what it is like.

Pinsound?

#8527 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Long time ago, someone made some bumper caps for getaway that looked like the ones from the original high speed... anyone have any? Or know where to get some?

Anybody?

#8530 5 years ago

I need a new or someone to repair my accelerator board. Any recommendations? One of the magnets does not fire and I verified that magnet is good.

#8531 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

First I am hearing of this. What is different about them from the HS ones?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-7444-541

Pretty sure the screw placement is different.

#8532 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I need a new or someone to repair my accelerator board. Any recommendations? One of the magnets does not fire and I verified that magnet is good.

https://www.pinballlife.com/getaway-hsll-supercharger-driver-board.html

#8533 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Pretty sure the screw placement is different.

Yep. I had a set of the black knight caps on my bk2k and just loved them! The nice part about them is that you can put the led pop rings in them and they just pop! No crazy brightness. Someone made theses a few years ago.. I just don’t remember who.. they were on eBay even but not anymore

#8534 5 years ago

Excellent board, I have one and it runs fast, but Clive at Coin-Op Cauldron rebuilt mine many years ago and it's still running strong

http://www.coinopcauldron.com/brepairs.html

#8536 5 years ago

thanks Tantrum! I wanna say I contacted him quite a while back, but not 100%. Fingers crossed

#8537 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

thanks Tantrum! I wanna say I contacted him quite a while back, but not 100%. Fingers crossed

By his description,PPB provided/licensed blanks to him and he stamped them, one 90 degrees so that the logo was oriented correctly on all three Getaway pops.

G/L and et everyone know what you find out.

#8538 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Well, I was able to design this. The logo and tick marks are elevated slightly from surface (original caps have black areas inset/depressed into surface). Idea is to color the raised parts with a black marker/paint. I'm not sure how well this will 3D print, but I'm giving it a shot. Not setting my hopes too high, but will take about 4 hours before I know for sure what it will look like.

Williams Pop Cap.JPGWilliams Pop Cap.JPG
#8539 5 years ago

And here is what I ended up with - not too shabby. The camera actually pics up all the little details with the close-ups, but looks better from normal viewing distance. If anyone is interested in how it looks on the game, I can install tomorrow and take a couple of pics.

Underside with supports removed
IMG_0055.JPGIMG_0055.JPG

Top side before black
IMG_0054.JPGIMG_0054.JPG

Top side after black
IMG_0056.JPGIMG_0056.JPG

#8540 5 years ago

Ok so I'm not getting anything from
J209-5, u19-11. All switches on this do not work. Any ideas. I will say this board has been repaired before, also there is some alkaline damage on that area as well.

#8541 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

And here is what I ended up with - not too shabby. The camera actually pics up all the little details with the close-ups, but looks better from normal viewing distance. If anyone is interested in how it looks on the game, I can install tomorrow and take a couple of pics.
Underside with supports removed
[quoted image]
Top side before black
[quoted image]
Top side after black
[quoted image]

Not to shabby.

#8542 5 years ago

I compared to other cap before I left the house this morning, and they are perfect size (slightly taller), and hole position is perfect. I'll still try to take a pic with one installed for those who want to see it. If the original supplier falls through, and anyone is interested in a 3D printed set, then PM me and we can discuss.

caps.PNGcaps.PNG
#8543 5 years ago

Up to something new ... this is supposed to be a frame to fit on the yellow (ugly) traffic-light.

Not sure if this is enough to make it more beautiful? ... maybe I should create a complete new housing?

2018-10-09 06_16_03-3D design Getaway Traffic light _ Tinkercad (resized).png2018-10-09 06_16_03-3D design Getaway Traffic light _ Tinkercad (resized).png

2018-10-09 07_01_27-3D design Getaway Traffic light _ Tinkercad (resized).png2018-10-09 07_01_27-3D design Getaway Traffic light _ Tinkercad (resized).png
#8544 5 years ago
Quoted from OlliG:

Up to something new ... this is supposed to be a frame to fit on the yellow (ugly) traffic-light.
Not sure if this is enough to make it more beautiful? ... maybe I should create a complete new housing?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Yes, all in black

#8545 5 years ago
Quoted from OlliG:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Great idea, but I believe to put it on top of the existing lights would make it look even more bulky than it already does.
I would prefer a replacement part which gets rid of the stock light housing and takes the existing light board instead.

#8546 5 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

Great idea, but I believe to put it on top of the existing lights would make it look even more bulky than it already does.
I would prefer a replacement part which gets rid of the stock light housing and takes the existing light board instead.

Interesting thought. Not sure how much room there is to decrease the width and height given the size of the light board, but possibly some depth could be lost. Where does one find the jewel inserts required for an all new housing?

#8547 5 years ago
Quoted from OlliG:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Great idea. So, are you going to print one and show us some pics?

#8548 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Interesting thought. Not sure how much room there is to decrease the width and height given the size of the light board, but possibly some depth could be lost. Where does one find the jewel inserts required for an all new housing?

How about getting rid of the light board and go for an all new, smaller traffic light design?
Here's a quick find for 10mm LED lenses that might work:
https://www.vcclite.com/product-category/panel-lenses-and-clips/panel-lenses-for-10mm-leds/

#8549 5 years ago

I don't mind the goofy scale of the traffic light and having it the same exact model in black may look cool...

#8550 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I don't mind the goofy scale of the traffic light and having it the same exact model in black may look cool...

My only thought is that were I come from the traffic lights are yellow, but have black surrounds. Then again, this may only be for the hanging ones.

I still think a newly designed all black housing would look nice.

LED_traffic_light_on_red-e1488575160240.jpgLED_traffic_light_on_red-e1488575160240.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
There are 13,738 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/171?hl=ajnin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.