• L3 8 votes
    3%
  • L5 91 votes
    34%
  • P7 7 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 267 votes by 266 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,013 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
Getaway.JPG.pdf (PDF preview)
wires2.jpg
wires1.jpg
getaway005 (resized).jpg
IMG_2668.JPG
IMG_2667.JPG
IMG_2666.JPG
IMG_2665.JPG
IMG_2663.JPG
IMG_2657.JPG
CF4BA3F1-8798-42F5-93ED-C868E24872A8 (resized).jpeg
B2805FCB-7FE1-41B2-88BC-F12FD7E77765 (resized).jpeg
8F41C362-51A9-4EAA-904F-5D215BB0EFD8 (resized).jpeg

There are 9863 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 198.
#801 4 years ago

kept them white.
I'm not into the colour leds.
Red could be cool tho!
I'll take a vid later for you.

#802 4 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

kept them white.
I'm not into the colour leds.
Red could be cool tho!
I'll take a vid later for you.

Thanks.

#803 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Go with a purple strip, try a 3 or 7 led strip. Or take the 7 you have and cut one or two off to make it a 6 or a 5 without the diffuser. If still to bright try the cut ones with the diffuser on. Mount the strip so it far to the left behind the Blower and the start of the strip is right next to the left ramp extending to the right. And don't forget to light the kick out hole from the underside.

Good suggestions. I might try the purple since it won't be as bright but don't want to mix too many colors. I already flooded the gi with red and green. I would like to light the tunnel saucer but not sure how. There is not much under there to mount or stick a light.

#804 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I would like to light the tunnel saucer but not sure how. There is not much under there to mount or stick a light.

Get a socket, screw it under the pf and use a flex red or a double led flex. That's what I did.

#805 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Get a socket, screw it under the pf and use a flex red or a double led flex. That's what I did.

Yep this,
while your there drop the saucer down using 4 washers and say goodbye to any bounce outs!

#806 4 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Yep this,
while your there drop the saucer down using 4 washers and say goodbye to any bounce outs!

and while we're talking about it take it out and clean it with soap and a tooth brush and check that the two little tits are on it.

#807 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

My inspiration came from MustangPaul but I know others have done this. The lighting is pretty strong back there so thinking of a way to dial it down with a proper diffuser. Any ideas? I know it is hidden but still want it to look decent.

I ended up using a couple of spot lights in the area. I tried the strips and didn't care too much for the light. I ended up with purple LED's, 1 super bright and 1 regular (the super bright is pointing towards the left). I will have to try and remember to post some pictures.

MustangPaul - thanks for the suggestion (re: kick out hole) - didn't even think of that one and will have to add it.

#808 4 years ago
Quoted from LongJohns:

MustangPaul - thanks for the suggestion (re: kick out hole) - didn't even think of that one and will have to add it.

Your welcome.

#809 4 years ago
Quoted from LongJohns:

I ended up using a couple of spot lights in the area. I tried the strips and didn't care too much for the light. I ended up with purple LED's, 1 super bright and 1 regular (the super bright is pointing towards the left). I will have to try and remember to post some pictures.

Pics would be great of any light mods. I like the clips of the comet light strips. I've only made one solder connection (fixed a loose wire on light strip) and definitely need more practice. One thought is putting the light strip in a bend so that it puts light all across the back instead of just straight down. More ideas and pics would be great.

It would also be cool to see pics of lighted tunnel saucers. I wonder if a color changer would look good there.

#810 4 years ago

First off, thanks to MustangPaul for his great ideas with the Comet strips. I used the 3 LED white for the gauges, 3 LED blue for the ramp to the supercharger ( just used the adhesive strip onto the sign), I used the 7 LED blue strip at the rear (used a piece of adhesive foam and put it on the top of the backboard with the strip attached to it. The last two pics are top and bottom of the saucer.

P1060552.JPG P1060553.JPG P1060556.JPG P1060558.JPG P1060560.JPG P1060562.JPG P1060563.JPG
#811 4 years ago

Nice work, smiley. Man, that saucer does look good lit up. I need to do that. The other light mod this game could really use is spotlights for lighting the center of the playfield. Anyone do that?

#812 4 years ago

Big thanks smiley, I love how you improved on the attachment on things, shows your thinking.

#813 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Nice work, smiley. Man, that saucer does look good lit up. I need to do that. The other light mod this game could really use is spotlights for lighting the center of the playfield. Anyone do that?

Here some other things to do also, if you have the stock mountain plastic in back put a spot light pointing up to light it up, there's a hex post for the plastic under it right there to attach it to. Light the flipper buttons, put a 7 led strip in the center drain and the last 3 pictures are of a pinballbulbs double spot light with purple bulbs in them. They light up the pf better then the pictures and I think those 2 are the only ones needed but you may want more. You can brighten them up by using white instead of purple.

IMGA0848.JPG IMGA0849.JPG IMGA0846.JPG IMGA0847.JPG IMGA0843.JPG IMGA0844.JPG IMGA0845.JPG
#814 4 years ago

Ok, here is what I did for the left rear:

IMG_0726 [800x600].JPG

IMG_0730 [800x600].JPG

The spotlight pointing to the left (when viewed from playing position) is a super bright (4 LED), the other one is just "normal" (1 LED) as the super bright was way too bright and over powered the area IMHO.

I still have to do the saucer...

#815 4 years ago

You have to solder in those spotights, right?

#816 4 years ago

What are you using to stick the comet LED strips down? Just curious... thanks!

#818 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

They have a sticky backing.

How long does the sticky hold up? Is it adequate for long term? Thanks.

#819 4 years ago
Quoted from kilmarnock1350:

How long does the sticky hold up? Is it adequate for long term? Thanks.

It's REAL sticky, should last for MANY years.

#820 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

You have to solder in those spotights, right?

if you want to.

I have the 2 soldered together and then just run some wire down and use some alligator clips and clip onto a GI bulb.

#821 4 years ago

Need some help, after moving mine he from an expo, I had it wrapped up for about a month while I mived into a new house. I just set it back up and I have several switch errors. I believe I have a loose connection but I reset them all and can't find it. I noticed a loose wire in J118 and I fixed it but that wasn't it. Some of the switches are listed below, please tell me what connector to focus on.
Switch 81, 82, 83, left ramp, switch 1 and 2 stuck open.

#822 4 years ago

Have you tried the playfield connectors? I'm just asking because sometimes we only reseat the board connections.

The ribbon cables are touchy as well.

#823 4 years ago

Yes i checked those as well. But while I was in there I noticed F103 was blown, I replaced it and all is good now. Im guessing F103 works with J118 and caused it to blow when that wire came loose. I'm getting the issue where all 3 balls come out in multiball so I will have to dismantle that coil again.
Thanks for your help

#824 4 years ago

All good now!

#825 4 years ago

Hi guys, Im new to the club. Just picked up a Getaway on Monday. Needs just a little luv but will be rockin soon. Pics to follow. Question, Im going to be putting Britecaps on it and wonder if anyone had photos of there Getaway with them ? Im thinking either three red caps or red, yellow , and green. Any thoughts ?

#826 4 years ago

Also wondering if anyone has bought the classic arcades cabinet decal kit ? Any good ? Im a graphics installer so installing it is easy work for me but wondering about the quality and the adhesion ?

#827 4 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Hi guys, Im new to the club. Just picked up a Getaway on Monday. Needs just a little luv but will be rockin soon. Pics to follow. Question, Im going to be putting Britecaps on it and wonder if anyone had photos of there Getaway with them ? Im thinking either three red caps or red, yellow , and green. Any thoughts ?

Here are mine, Comet pop led rings, red tops red bottoms, blue top white bottom with jewel caps.

Pop cap 2.JPG
Pop cap 3.JPG
Pop cap 4.JPG

#828 4 years ago

Whered you get the stand up decals?
they look good!

#829 4 years ago

They came on the game. Probably got them on ebay.

#830 4 years ago

Not on ebay, I've seen them before on the thread where Doughslinger's was selling his MINT Getaway.

http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/HSII_Page.html

#831 4 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

Not on ebay, I've seen them before on the thread where Doughslinger's was selling his MINT Getaway.

Ahhh thanks.

#832 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Here are mine, Comet pop led rings, red tops red bottoms, blue top white bottom with jewel caps.

Looks great. I think im going to go with the three reds

#833 4 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

they look really cool but stupid expensive if you ask me.

#834 4 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Looks great. I think im going to go with the three reds

I went with one blue to break up the red cuz there's so much of it back there. Ya get a little blue reflecting here and there.

Quoted from SUPERBEE:

they look really cool but stupid expensive if you ask me.

Yes they are but they are the last ones you'll ever need to put on the game.

#835 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yes they are but they are the last ones you'll ever need to put on the game

Im thinking about it lol . they are holding up well ?

#836 4 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

they are holding up well ?

Perfectly and they are cushioned to I think not just laminated photo paper. But ask them before you buy.

#837 4 years ago

Hi,

Can someone please inform of the exact material used to hold the red Supercharger mania sign above the ramp entrance.

Two screws of course, but how long and which ones ? Are they secured with locknuts on the backside ? I think I saw washers as well being there on a game in the past.

Mine is shot off to h*ll but I got a new one and plan to rebuild it soonest.

Thanks
Matt in Sweden

#838 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Go with a purple strip, try a 3 or 7 led strip. Or take the 7 you have and cut one or two off to make it a 6 or a 5 without the diffuser. If still to bright try the cut ones with the diffuser on. Mount the strip so it far to the left behind the Blower and the start of the strip is right next to the left ramp extending to the right. And don't forget to light the kick out hole from the underside.

Are you using the alligator clips? Everytime I've tried using those I blow a fuse and to my knowledge I'm hooking them up right. I have the game turned off, I hook the clips to a GI socket soldered wire connection (making sure its not touching anything else). Turn game on, instant blown fuses. WTF.

#839 4 years ago
Quoted from Flake49:

Are you using the alligator clips? Everytime I've tried using those I blow a fuse and to my knowledge I'm hooking them up right. I have the game turned off, I hook the clips to a GI socket soldered wire connection (making sure its not touching anything else). Turn game on, instant blown fuses. WTF.

I use the alligator clips and have never blown a fuse. Very strange. Try clipping them to a different socket.

#840 4 years ago
Quoted from Flake49:

That happened to me once but I think I was fiddling with the clips with the power on. I also still had regular bulbs in the game - maybe I overpowered the circuit. I have since converted the entire game over to leds and have 3 clipped lights strips without any problems. Whenever I am working on anything under the playfield, I make sure to have the power off.

I would check where you are clipping onto. Some of the sockets are very close together so maybe you are shorting somewhere. You want the metal parts of the clips only touching where the wires are soldered together. I don't think the polarity matters. Blowing a fuse means something is drawing too much current. It wouldn't hurt to post some pics of how/where you are clipping them.

1 week later
#841 4 years ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

Hi,
Can someone please inform of the exact material used to hold the red Supercharger mania sign above the ramp entrance.
Two screws of course, but how long and which ones ? Are they secured with locknuts on the backside ? I think I saw washers as well being there on a game in the past.
Mine is shot off to h*ll but I got a new one and plan to rebuild it soonest.
Thanks
Matt in Sweden

Anyone Please ?

#842 4 years ago

Lower to ramp (which is threaded) are 8-32 x 3/8 all others are 6-32 x 1/2 w/ nylon lock nuts

P1060568.JPG P1060567.JPG P1060565.JPG
#843 4 years ago

Hi all,

Can anyone help me figure out where this piece is from? Found in it in the cabinet and have no idea where it is supposed to go.

IMG_2108[1].JPG
#844 4 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

Hi all,

Can anyone help me figure out where this piece is from? Found in it in the cabinet and have no idea where it is supposed to go.

Looks like one of the backer plates for the ramp switches.

#845 4 years ago

i am going to buy getaway 2 machine in 2weeks time. would be good buy some lighting bolt flippers for it or normal ones?

#846 4 years ago

Iit was originally made with normal flippers, I would stay with them.

#847 4 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

It was originally made with normal flippers, I would stay with them.

#848 4 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Looks like one of the backer plates for the ramp switches.

I've had a look but can't see which switch this would be for. The holes in the switches are much closer together than they are on this piece of metal.

#849 4 years ago

Does the game play ok? Unless there's something wrong with the game I wouldn't worry about it.

#850 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Does the game play ok? Unless there's something wrong with the game I wouldn't worry about it.

Yes, it plays OK and it isn't a worry. Just thought I would see if anyone could identify it easily

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Jose, CA
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball
There are 9863 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 198.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside