• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 277.
#751 9 years ago

Was playing today, saw three cop cars parked outside Donut Heaven, and realized I hadn't tried Secret Mania in ages (because I've never had it not screw up the rest of the game). But I couldn't resist. Scored about 15M, Secret Mania ended, then...the pin played perfectly for the rest of the game! Multiball worked fine, traffic lights worked fine, and I made it to two Redline Manias - everything worked great.

So there you go - Secret Mania doesn't always hose the rest of the game. Wish I'd videoed it to see what state the machine was in when I started and ended it. Would be cool to know when it's safe to try it...

(This was with the L2 ROM.)

1 week later
#752 9 years ago

I finally installed the key switch I picked up 4 months ago.

#753 9 years ago

20150314_192716.jpg20150314_192716.jpg

#754 9 years ago

The connector behind my red/yellow/green stop light keeps sliding out and disconnecting itself because of vibration. Anyone else experience this and have a fix?

#755 9 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

The connector behind my red/yellow/green stop light keeps sliding out and disconnecting itself because of vibration. Anyone else experience this and have a fix?

You could flare the pins out a bit or scuff them up. Otherwise you'll need to replace the connector or glue/tape it down.

If it were me, I'd redo the connector.

#756 9 years ago

Anybody selling an HS or HSII in so cal? Pm me please

#757 9 years ago

What is the highest score you guys have in video mode?

On average I only get 27mil. then it stops. (L5)
did the earlier versions let you play video mode longer?

#758 9 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

What is the highest score you guys have in video mode?
On average I only get 27mil. then it stops. (L5)
did the earlier versions let you play video mode longer?

Always 27 mil +/- a couple hundred thousand. Never sure why it varies, maybe there's a score per car that passes close to you or something?

One of the settings is for the length of video mode. I've never changed the timing, I've only used factory settings, but if changing the timing doesn't change the scoring rate, then you can probably score higher in video mode by increasing the time.

#759 9 years ago

Ah, thanks! I'll have to go back through the settings and look. I missed it.

#760 9 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Ah, thanks! I'll have to go back through the settings and look. I missed it.

Found it. Adjustment 2, setting #10.

getaway timer setting.PNGgetaway timer setting.PNG

#761 9 years ago

Mine can vary from 26m to 27m. I have no idea why there is such a difference because I play it exactly the same every time.

#762 9 years ago

Completed my first "mod" tonight.

One of the previous owners decided to use tape to hold the two supercharger parts together, and it lifted some of the chrome. between that and the broken plastic it really needed to be replaced.

I figured since i wasnt a fan of "shiny" Id try painting it more to my liking, and if it didnt work out, id replace it anyway.

I scuffed down both parts, then painted them silver. after that i did the ears and lower "block" in flat black. Finally i did the "throttle blades" a semi transparent maroon. I wanted it to somewhat match the flasher lenses.

20150320_205404.jpg20150320_205404.jpg 20150320_205420.jpg20150320_205420.jpg 20150320_210156.jpg20150320_210156.jpg 20150320_210211.jpg20150320_210211.jpg
#763 9 years ago

That looks nice, I've seen blower scoops with a satin finish like that.

#764 9 years ago

Regarding the video mode, I get between 26-28 million. I actually try to beat my own high score every time, which is hard as I don't know what is the cause for the difference :p

#765 9 years ago

Slim64- I like it! I really like how you painted the mounting tabs black to hide them. I thought about painting the section around the flashers black to add depth but not sure if that would look good. Yours looks great.

#766 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Mine can vary from 26m to 27m.

Same here, with the L-2 ROM. I cranked the time up to 30 or 40 seconds when I first got the game, thinking for some reason that would be harder (maybe I thought there was a jackpot at the end if you didn't die), but all that did was give me ~40M Video Mode scores, which seems pretty unbalanced. So back to the default settings...

I have no idea why there is such a difference because I play it exactly the same every time.

My *theory* has always been that it's related to how quickly you get the car into 5th gear. But I think I've gotten 27 when I was slow to shift and 26 when I was fast, so I think I need a new theory...

#767 9 years ago
Quoted from yonkiman:

Same here, with the L-2 ROM. I cranked the time up to 30 or 40 seconds when I first got the game, thinking for some reason that would be harder (maybe I thought there was a jackpot at the end if you didn't die), but all that did was give me ~40M Video Mode scores, which seems pretty unbalanced. So back to the default settings...

My *theory* has always been that it's related to how quickly you get the car into 5th gear. But I think I've gotten 27 when I was slow to shift and 26 when I was fast, so I think I need a new theory...

You can switch gears before the race begins. I always have it in 5th gear before starting, and the score still varies.

#768 9 years ago

I believe the prototype game rom P-7 has very high max video mode scores as well.

#769 9 years ago

edit.
oops !
wrong topic

#770 9 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

You can switch gears before the race begins. I always have it in 5th gear before starting, and the score still varies.

Yes, you always want to shift up before video mode starts. I was wondering if how quickly you got to 5th gear (before the mode started) might influence the final score (maybe you start the game going 207 instead of 208 or something), but that doesn't seem to matter.

#771 9 years ago

Where to get the alternate translite? Cash waiting...

Ps. May I join?

IMG_4194 2.JPGIMG_4194 2.JPG

#772 9 years ago
Quoted from kilmarnock1350:

Ps. May I join?
IMG_4194 2.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

I have the same pin combo, in the same configuration - Getaway: HS2 on the left and F-14 Tomcat on the right!

AWESOME!!

#773 9 years ago

Ps. May I join?
IMG_4194 2.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Only if you keep the original backglass on it. Just kidding.

#774 9 years ago

I have not seen an alt translite that fits the game IMO. The stock one looks great and matches the game art. Save money and keep it. Light it up with LEDs and it will look even better.

#775 9 years ago

This is what mine looks like with LEDs. I used super bights for the headlights. I think the original translight really fits the theme of the game and is pretty cool. The alternate I have seen with the girl doesn't look as good as the original to me.

P1060544.JPGP1060544.JPG P1060545.JPGP1060545.JPG
#776 9 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

This is what mine looks like with LEDs. I used super bights for the headlights. I think the original translight really fits the theme of the game and is pretty cool. The alternate I have seen with the girl doesn't look as good as the original to me.

P1060544.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
P1060545.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

AGREED! And I really like the scheme you used...makes the Backglass look awesome!

Those alternate translites use a Ferrari, not the Lambo Diablo the pin has splashed all over the playfield. Don't do it!!

#777 9 years ago

I got one of those alternates, I actually like it better, because its less cartoony (< Is that even a word?) The speed limit sign is on the wrong side of the road however.

#778 9 years ago
Quoted from GixerEd1:

I have the same pin combo, in the same configuration - Getaway: HS2 on the left and F-14 Tomcat on the right!
AWESOME!!

...as do I - what are the chances...

#779 9 years ago
Quoted from LongJohns:

...as do I - what are the chances...

20150316_220907.jpg20150316_220907.jpg

#780 9 years ago

Hey guys, I have a vertical line out right in the middle of the dmd and it really bugs me. What are my replacement options? Thanks

#781 9 years ago

If not repairable, Xpin in red. Or Color DMD Sigma for solid lines and hopes they release a color ROM for this game.

#782 9 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

P1060544.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
P1060545.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Cointaker Frosted?

Do you have flashers in there? Mine has flashers but they never work... as well, I can't find them in any of the test modes. This is left me confused/frustrated as no matter what I do they NEVER come on.

#783 9 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

20150316_220907.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

What game is on the far end?

#784 9 years ago

Hi guys wondering if anyone here can please help me track down any Getaway apron decals? thanx in advance..

#785 9 years ago

What game is on the far end?

Firepower

#786 9 years ago

Cointaker Frosted?
Do you have flashers in there? Mine has flashers but they never work... as well, I can't find them in any of the test modes. This is left me confused/frustrated as no matter what I do they NEVER come on.

Yes frosted and a few incandescent. All my LEDs are from Pinball Life. The backbox flashers work with the playfield ones in test, or try "all lamps and flashers" test as well. Do they work with incandescent bulbs? If so try scraping the wires on the LED flashers and bending them out a little, or flipping them over.

#787 9 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

I think the original translight really fits the theme of the game and is pretty cool. The alternate I have seen with the girl doesn't look as good as the original to me.

Ugh, my collection is mostly 1989-1994 and my HS2 came with the alternate translite. It sticks out like a sore thumb. It's like the prototypical bad photoshopped alternate translite. I wish Aurich would redo The Getaway but the original translite is good so there's no reason to!

#788 9 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Hi guys wondering if anyone here can please help me track down any Getaway apron decals? thanx in advance..

Bay Area Amusements used to have them. You might ask them if they're getting any back in stock.

#789 9 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Ugh, my collection is mostly 1989-1994 and my HS2 came with the alternate translite. It sticks out like a sore thumb. It's like the prototypical bad photoshopped alternate translite. I wish Aurich would redo The Getaway but the original translite is good so there's no reason to!

I forget where but someone had a repro of the original translite if you wanted one. You could even customize the license plate to whatever you want instead of kingpin. It was a little expensive, though.

#790 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I forget where but someone had a repro of the original translite if you wanted one. You could even customize the license plate to whatever you want instead of Kingpin. It was a little expensive, though.

One day when it bothers me enough I'll probably try to trade the alt to some pervert for the original

#791 9 years ago

Not sure it was buggy code but ended up playing supercharger mode in multiball. Anyone else have that happen. It was pretty cool. I started mb as normal. Got the 50m super jackpot and then hit the 75m super jackpot at the last second with one ball left. The game started mb over but started supercharger mode as well. I guess the jackpot shot bumped rpm and was still in grace period of jackpots.

#792 9 years ago

Hi all.

Looking for some help putting my HS2 back together. Can anyone tell me if there is meant to be a metal wall or wire protecting this area? There was nothing on my game and it seems like there should be some kind of barrier here otherwise the ball would smash into the globes. This is on the right freeway orbit, under the traffic light. There are some holes which I assume are for thin wires but I never had these on my game.

www.imgur.com/CzvbKPQ

#793 9 years ago

Yes, you are missing a wall there.

#794 9 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

Yes, you are missing a wall there.

Thanks. Is it meant to be a metal wall or a wire?

Edit: Nevermind! Found an interim solution

www.imgur.com/XwSkfTv

#795 9 years ago

It's supposed to have wire. Mine is missing as well and fabbed my own for the time being

#796 9 years ago

Mine has flashers but they never work... as well, I can't find them in any of the test modes. This is left me confused/frustrated as no matter what I do they NEVER come on.

The flashers might not work if the coin door is open (can't remember for sure)...I know I was able to see my flashers (playfield and backglass) working in flasher test mode.

#797 9 years ago

I finally got around to adding some lighting to the back using a Comet light strip. It turned into more work than I thought. When pointed straight down, the lights reflect too much off the back metal wall. At too much angle, it lights up the pops too much and gets a bad reflection off the playfield. Solution was to get a slight angle with a light diffuser. In this case, a piece of paper and duct tape. Not proud of that but it works.

My inspiration came from MustangPaul but I know others have done this. The lighting is pretty strong back there so thinking of a way to dial it down with a proper diffuser. Any ideas? I know it is hidden but still want it to look decent.

IMG_20150328_184930_877.jpgIMG_20150328_184930_877.jpg IMG_20150328_185655_961.jpgIMG_20150328_185655_961.jpg
#798 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

My inspiration came from MustangPaul but I know others have done this. The lighting is pretty strong back there so thinking of a way to dial it down with a proper diffuser. Any ideas? I know it is hidden but still want it to look decent.

Go with a purple strip, try a 3 or 7 led strip. Or take the 7 you have and cut one or two off to make it a 6 or a 5 without the diffuser. If still to bright try the cut ones with the diffuser on. Mount the strip so it far to the left behind the Blower and the start of the strip is right next to the left ramp extending to the right. And don't forget to light the kick out hole from the underside.

#799 9 years ago

I took 3 of the 12v strips and added them to the underside of the supercharger magnets,
each one is powered from the respective flasher in the supercharger!
really adds to the lights shows!

#800 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

I took 3 of the 12v strips and added them to the underside of the supercharger magnets,
each one is powered from the respective flasher in the supercharger!
really adds to the lights shows!

That sounds way cool, I'd like to see some video of that in action. Are they 3 different colors?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.