• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 277.
#7901 5 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I agree. Kinda think it looks cool. Want your supercharger decal Chris. Pm me when you can and gimmie a good deal as im a regular here !

But you are also Canadian, so there will actually be an upcharge for that - USA, USA, USA

#7902 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Where is the best place to buy some new decals?

If you want good quality at a low price PM me and I'll give you my source. Ink printed on breathable vinyl with clear laminate by a PinSider who operates a professional print shop. These are what I put on my cabinet. They are not screen printed or have the full 3D look as some have mentioned, but they do look quite nice and are budget friendly. I know a couple of others have had them made besides me (sorry, don't remember exactly who), but here are some of my pics.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/93#post-3529916

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/93#post-3543413

#7903 5 years ago

Hey guys! Got to join the club today! So stoked!
Do have one issue right off the bat however, as soon as I plug the game in it blows the gfci in the house. Worked fine before transport.

There was some damage to the cord. Thought I had it kicked. Put in a new one, same issue. Anyone seen this behavior before?

#7904 5 years ago

Beat ya to it! Found the problem.

On to a good cleaning. Thanks for having me!

20180428_201434 (resized).jpg20180428_201434 (resized).jpg

20180428_201427 (resized).jpg20180428_201427 (resized).jpg

#7905 5 years ago

Glad you found the problem Welcome to the club Mike ! Lots of great people and info here.

#7906 5 years ago

Welcome to the club. You'll find this thread to be quite the resource, and the owners here are full of experience and insight. I know we are up to nearly 8,000 messages now, but I encourage you to begin to read through them all. There is so much to learn about this great pin, and so many great ideas from repairs to mods throughout.

#7907 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

Welcome, enjoy your "new" machine!

#7908 5 years ago

What a warm welcome. Thanks.

Now show me to the aisle with the mods.

#7909 5 years ago

Welcome to the club. Here are 2 mods I make and sell, they can go on any game. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-led-leg-light-ups. And my new one https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/volcano-a-new-mod-from-mustangpaul.

#7910 5 years ago

Get the pin settled, and I have all sorts of custom graphics available for you to download and make your own or I can quote what it would be for me to make them for you. However, nothing is as pretty or shiny than MP's leg and cup holder led mods - plus my personal favorite DIY from MP is the SC LED strip mod.

Also, I see you have a color DMD. Does there happen to be a PinSound board in that backbox? If so, then I'm your man to crank up the customized audio/fx orchestrations - and I'll my mixes are free (of course you do have to drop $400+ on a PinSound to use them)!

#7911 5 years ago

Are you missing all of the right bumper plastic/metal pieces, or do you just have them off for cleaning?

#7912 5 years ago

Seeing your pics makes me wonder what it was about the reds they used in the cabinet art that made them so susceptible to fading. Just about every Getaway pic I've seen with original artwork looks like this (mine sure did). Maybe this is the case for all pins and colors and just inherent to the process and inks they used.

#7913 5 years ago

That’s what it seems like. You rarely see a Johnny Mnemonic where the red hasn’t faded to yellow, or a TZ where the reddish sunset hasn’t become a sickly pale, but games like Creature and Addams seem to keep their color pretty well.

#7914 5 years ago

I have some fade but it's not bad enough to decal

IMG_7936.JPGIMG_7936.JPG

#7915 5 years ago

Decals will be ordered soon. I’ve never seen an unrestored Getaway with that much red^

599473B8-DC98-4F5F-904F-494B5F9549DF (resized).jpeg599473B8-DC98-4F5F-904F-494B5F9549DF (resized).jpeg

#7916 5 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

I have some fade but it's not bad enough to decal

Yours looks awesome. Must have spent a lot of time in a dark room.

#7917 5 years ago

It would be cool if someone did custom art for the Getaway cab, gotta admit even in good shape it’s not a beauty.

I’m a little shocked the “white” lines were originally red!! That’s unbelievable fade.

#7918 5 years ago

I painted the screws black for the supercharger sign.

IMG_7937.JPGIMG_7937.JPG

#7919 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

It would be cool if someone did custom art for the Getaway cab, gotta admit even in good shape it’s not a beauty.
I’m a little shocked the “white” lines were originally red!! That’s unbelievable fade.

That first picture made it look worse than it actually is. However it’s still past the point of needing decals

80D5C469-910B-4E59-B023-10EDF6DFA79B (resized).jpeg80D5C469-910B-4E59-B023-10EDF6DFA79B (resized).jpeg

#7920 5 years ago

That red cabinet looks unusual... there is basically no white in it . It is actually a blend of white/red/black in the original

#7921 5 years ago

It has white, but it didn't show up in the first pic.

IMG_7938 (resized).JPGIMG_7938 (resized).JPG

#7922 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

You could have yours wrapped with the art of your choice, and it's reversible if you ever sell.

#7923 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

That first picture made it look worse than it actually is. However it’s still past the point of needing decals

Mine is basically the same.

#7924 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Mine is basically the same.

I’m really leaning towards buying a fresh new cabinet from virtuapin and swapping everything over to it. I think it would be much easier (for me)than to try and refurbish this one over the course of several weeks and then reinstall everything.

#7925 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

I’m really leaning towards buying a fresh new cabinet from virtuapin and swapping everything over to it. I think it would be much easier (for me)than to try and refurbish this one over the course of several weeks and then reinstall everything.

That will be cool.

I just keep telling myself you don’t play the cab... I did do a little touch up and will do a little more but besides that it is probably what it’s gonna be.

#7926 5 years ago

Good eye my man. Those pieces are in fact missing. I see there's a few good options out there. Most pins you get one idea to choose from. On the plus side the seller threw in cab decals which are strangely red in all those white spaces. It's a big job I'll tackle down the road a ways. This game is awesome. Cant... quit... playing.....

#7927 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Seeing your pics makes me wonder what it was about the reds they used in the cabinet art that made them so susceptible to fading. Just about every Getaway pic I've seen with original artwork looks like this (mine sure did). Maybe this is the case for all pins and colors and just inherent to the process and inks they used.

Quoted from gunstarhero:

That’s what it seems like. You rarely see a Johnny Mnemonic where the red hasn’t faded to yellow, or a TZ where the reddish sunset hasn’t become a sickly pale, but games like Creature and Addams seem to keep their color pretty well.

Yeah, I don't know, my Getaway is in pretty good shape except the front decal so it must have been facing the light, my Party Zone is pretty well faded all around though not to the level of replacing the artwork (and I'm not investing that kind of money into that machine) but my Elvira and The Party Monsters has no fade, just the bubbling around the legs that was then cut out, seems to be an issue with that pin. So I guess some colors seem to be more pron to fading and then it seems certain games more than others.

My Getaway was a re-import from Germany, I envision it placed in the corner of a dark and smoke filled bar in Germany with the front end facing a window or a door, man if only these thing could talk...

#7928 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

I want to do the same thing with my BoP.

#7929 5 years ago

Question for the upper flipper...

I read somewhere that the upper flipper configuration on Getaway does not have a two stage flipper switch but mine does. Is this correct? I ask because my upper flipper has some lag in action. I've adjusted the leaf switch at the button and maybe helped a little but there are times the flipper won't activate at all or not completely or with a slight delay. This (and my apparent lack of skill) make it very hard for me to hit the inner loop shot from the upper right flipper. This sucks from a fun factor and from trying to lock a ball from the right upper flipper.

I'm trying to decide if I need to change my flipper button switch or maybe rebuild that flipper. Input is appreciated.

#7930 5 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I read somewhere that the upper flipper configuration on Getaway does not have a two stage flipper switch but mine does. Is this correct? I ask because my upper flipper has some lag in action. I've adjusted the leaf switch at the button and maybe helped a little but there are times the flipper won't activate at all or not completely or with a slight delay. This (and my apparent lack of skill) make it very hard for me to hit the inner loop shot from the upper right flipper. This sucks from a fun factor and from trying to lock a ball from the right upper flipper.
I'm trying to decide if I need to change my flipper button switch or maybe rebuild that flipper. Input is appreciated.

Yes it has a stacked flipper switch to control the upper flipper. My guess is your flipper switch is not making great contact. Clean it with a business card or other fiberous paper (not a file/sandpaper!!) and make sure you are getting consistent, good registration in switch test.

Could also be flakey/broken wires too... coils love to break stranded wires due to vibration. It's also possible for a break to be inside the insulation. Confirm your switch action... then move to trying to make the flipper fail by moving the coil's power and ground around.. and see if you can make it fail.

#7931 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Clean it with a business card or other fiberous paper.

I dollar bill does the trick beautifully (or heck, just pull a Benjamin out of their wallet and use that). Just place it between the contacts, squeeze contacts together, pull dollar bill between them, repeat. FYI, afterwards you can still spend the dollar!

#7932 5 years ago

I'm trying to decide if I need to change my flipper button switch or maybe rebuild that flipper. Input is appreciated

Look to see if you have the correct switch installed, sometimes people install high voltage tungsten switches when these should be gold contact switches. These switches are getting harder to find as only 2 games came with fliptronic boards and no optos.

#7933 5 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

These switches are getting harder to find as only 2 games came with fliptronic boards and no optos.

Is there any way of upgrading to the optos though? I had ordered new contacts for my getaway some time ago, but despite the part number being the same, it didn't fit (is was too short). An Upgrade to optos would be a welcome one...

#7934 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Is there any way of upgrading to the optos though?

Yes. Someone on pinsides upgraded a Adams Family if I remember correctly. Not very hard to do either.

#7935 5 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Not very hard to do either.

I did ask about this on the German forum some time ago and got a rather straighforward answer that it cannot be done because of something related to the fact that the opto board switch the current to the ground, vs what the metal switches do. You wouldn't may still know which thread that Addams upgrade was in - maybe I can fnd a hack there...

#7936 5 years ago

I read somewhere that the upper flipper configuration on Getaway does not have a two stage flipper switch but mine does. Is this correct?

If I remember correctly, staged flippers were added in L5. They aren’t in L2.

#7937 5 years ago

I recently joined the Getaway club. Going to do a full restore... and take my time doing it. Right now I'm looking for parts. At some point a previous owner replaced the beacon with a non-standard replacement, and that doesn't even work. I want to go back to factory original. I can find the motors online, but does anyone have an extra mechanism with reflector and dome that they'd sell?

Also looking for a plastics set... this one is pretty well warped with a few broken ones.

#7938 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffr:

I recently joined the Getaway club. Going to do a full restore... and take my time doing it. Right now I'm looking for parts. At some point a previous owner replaced the beacon with a non-standard replacement, and that doesn't even work. I want to go back to factory original. I can find the motors online, but does anyone have an extra mechanism with reflector and dome that they'd sell?
Also looking for a plastics set... this one is pretty well warped with a few broken ones.

Welcome to the club, wish I could help with parts.

#7939 5 years ago

I just wanted to pat myself on the back for this...

My up/down metal ramp in the far right back corner of the playfield had been acting wonky. It had lost an e clip and the hinge rod was nearly backed out. Well, the last thing I wanted to do (or had time to do) was pull apart the supercharger and everything else to get it out for a simple e clip. So I'm here to tell you it is entirely possible and not difficult at all to unscrew it from the playfield and backboard, rotate it away from the right wireform and carefully pull it out above the pop bumpers. Total repair time about 10 minutes.

And then I played some Getaway!

#7940 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffr:

I can find the motors online, but does anyone have an extra mechanism with reflector and dome that they'd sell?

Welcome to the club
Check this site out, should have what you need.
https://www.tiltedpinball.com/tilted-pinball-shop/the-getaway-beacon/

#7941 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Welcome to the club
Check this site out, should have what you need.
https://www.tiltedpinball.com/tilted-pinball-shop/the-getaway-beacon/

That's perfect. Their site has problems taking the order, but I've emailed them. Still need to source the red dome, though.

#7942 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffr:

That's perfect. Their site has problems taking the order, but I've emailed them. Still need to source the red dome, though.

There you go.
http://www.thepinballwizard.net/index.php?p=product&id=2109

Good luck with your restoration!

#7943 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

You wouldn't may still know which thread that Addams upgrade was in - maybe I can fnd a hack there...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/converting-taf-flippers-from-leaf-switch-to-optical-boards#post-4273203

This is a recent topic on a conversion, not the one I was referring to tho. The conversion I was thinking of was @ 2-3 years old, but its the same principles. You could convert any machine to a fliptronic type setup if you wanted to spend the time doing it.

#7944 5 years ago

Thank you Grumpy

Regarding parts: I have Bumper parts left over and a full set of targets. all used.

#7945 5 years ago

Thanks... unfortunately, that one's out of stock. Still looking!

#7946 5 years ago

Good news. While they are out of stock, they are doing another run and so should be available soon.

Ok, back to the list. Anyone have a set of reproduction plastics available for sale?

#7947 5 years ago

Hi Jeffr
I have all these parts for sale as I am not reinstating them on my Getaway - all working. Postage may be not worth it from Australia though not sure?
Beacon dome, mech arm with reflector etc., motor, small driver boards. I also have a supercharger pcb qty of various plastics new repro and custom ones I had made. Shoot me a pm with your contact details and I will email a list.
I still have a couple of custom black speaker panels as well if anyone wants one.

#7948 5 years ago

Before and after pinballbulbs LED kit and speaker lights installed.

Everyone said not to do a kit, but for it being my first pin I’m glad I did a kit. I learned a lot about the different types of bulbs, colors, frosted, flasher, etc... I’m very happy with it and would recommend it to anyone. I still have light strips and spot lights to install.

(The translite isn’t as washed out as it appears in the pic)

8FDFFC5A-B440-4BE8-A3E6-54546C07F64E (resized).jpeg8FDFFC5A-B440-4BE8-A3E6-54546C07F64E (resized).jpeg

E90D223A-D37B-4262-8DB3-B8E4EE687FF8 (resized).jpegE90D223A-D37B-4262-8DB3-B8E4EE687FF8 (resized).jpeg

#7949 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Before and after pinballbulbs LED kit and speaker lights installed.
Everyone said not to do a kit, but for it being my first pin I’m glad I did a kit. I learned a lot about the different types of bulbs, colors, frosted, flasher, etc... I’m very happy with it and would recommend it to anyone. I still have light strips and spot lights to install.
(The translite isn’t as washed out as it appears in the pic)

Looks good, now light up the 2 gauge plastics and put an led strip in the center drain.

#7950 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks good, now light up the 2 gauge plastics and put an led strip in the center drain.

I have the center drain led strip and will install it tomorrow. How did you light up the gauges?

It looks like a completely different pin. I think it needs a color dmd now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 20.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/159 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.