• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 277.
#7851 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Okay, guess I'm just too stupid to make it work right. No matter what I do, I cannot get the rails to engage unless I do it like I show in my video. At this point, I don't know if I have rail issues or me issues. Giving up for now, as long as it works my way when I need it to I'll be okay. If I get some time in the future, I'll shoot a video inside to see if I can figure out what is going on.

Don't worry, if it works for you then that's all that matters. I would bet it's an issue with the slides, they probably are bent, misshapen, opened up too wide... who knows but they are know to fail. If it bothers you try to repair or replace them, if not leave it alone.

Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Update: the metal guide which has been chrome plated has a small "lip" right the the end of the ramp which you can feel with your hand. This is diverting the ball. I tried using a file to file it down but I'm not sure if that will end up working. I think it may not or if it did, it will take A LOT of filing. The star post behind there looks like part of a lighting mod possibly as there is an LED strip in that area and a small LED that is in both star posts on either side of the stand ups right there. I'm trying to decide if I should uninstall a bunch of stuff and try to get to that area or just leave as is. Just looking at it I don't think moving the guide slightly to the left is possible or even if it would solve the issue.
Right now right orbit shots go consistently to the right flipper and can usually be dead-bounced back over to the left flipper. Maybe that is not the biggest deal in the world.
Any thoughts?

I'm not sure I fully understand your issue but before filing down a ball guide; do you have the manual? If not DL it here:

https://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals-pinball/G/Getaway_HSII_OPS.pdf

Pages V - VII may help, it shows the shots?

#7852 6 years ago

Right now right orbit shots go consistently to the right flipper and can usually be dead-bounced back over to the left flipper. Maybe that is not the biggest deal in the world.
Any thoughts?

I would definitely pull the ball guide and make sure the ball can go down to the left flipper. If there is a lip at the end, like you’re saying, I would file it down until it’s gone.
If the ball isn’t returning to the correct flipper you’re going to miss out on the flow that everyone loves

#7853 6 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I would definitely pull the ball guide and make sure the ball can go down to the left flipper. If there is a lip at the end, like you’re saying, I would file it down until it’s gone.
If the ball isn’t returning to the correct flipper you’re going to miss out on the flow that everyone loves

A Pinball has a rather significant weight and momentum - too much for such minor things to be of real significance. A small lip that you can "feel with your hand" falls in that category. Filing the guide is more wanting to do SOMETHING rather than spend more time looking for the source of the problem. My Getaway - after a fundamental restoration - also has a lot of such hickups. I am very aware it will take quite some time in re-positioning the guides to play well again. For the guides it is more a question of overall direction.

Also I have put in a protector, which creates more friction than the original clearcoated surface. That also means that the rotation of the ball created by following the ballguide all around the orbit will transfer into a change of direction easier than before. Kind of like the top-spin oder undercut in tennis or pool or bowling, it will show an effect a bit further down the road, like in a curve curve ball in bowling or baseball.

Take it easy, dont file your parts until you're really absolutely clear you know, what going on.

Guessing with a file is a bad idea.

#7854 6 years ago

I don't think there is any guessing on the lip. I can do a video in the next day or so. Even slow rollers get pushed to the right at the very end of the guide. I think the issue is that when the guide was chromed, the tip of the guide is not at all smooth. It is almost like metal that was cut but not cleanly. The whole end of that guide if rough to your fingers and clearly is poking out into the lane enough to change the trajectory of the ball. Now, whether or not that is the entire issue, I'm not sure.

At least right now the ball consistently ends up on the right flipper. One fear I do have is if I file it down and then the ball is still pushed a little but ends up always going STDM. (My SMVE has an issue like that but I think on that the issue is a small o-ring protruding slightly and I need to address that at some point too, but that is a different matter for a different thread).

Maybe the best thing to do would be to uninstall and actually get an actual belt sander or wheel on it to make the whole end smooth and then also see if I can adjust the position of the guide slightly to the left if still needed.

#7855 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Okay, guess I'm just too stupid to make it work right. No matter what I do, I cannot get the rails to engage unless I do it like I show in my video. At this point, I don't know if I have rail issues or me issues. Giving up for now, as long as it works my way when I need it to I'll be okay. If I get some time in the future, I'll shoot a video inside to see if I can figure out what is going on.

I don't feel so bad. If you're smart enough to do the whole PinSound deal but struggle with your mech, maybe there is hope for me! And, thanks for helping me out with my PinSound. I'm hoping to get all that downloaded and running tonight.

#7856 6 years ago

I'd never played a Getaway until SFGE last summer. Played more Getaway than anything else there because there were like 3 there and was the easiest to play without waiting. I realized then that there is a HUGE difference in the amount of fun that can be had on this pin if one is in excellent condition vs. average.

VolunteerPin Out of curiosity, which of the three Getaways at last year's SFGE did you feel was the best condition; the one near the middle of the room on the end of the row, the one against the middle of the wall, or the one with the flasher mods over in the corner next to the Black Hole and Pinbot?

#7857 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

volunteerpin Out of curiosity, which of the three Getaways at last year's SFGE did you feel was the best condition; the one near the middle of the room on the end of the row, the one against the middle of the wall, or the one with the flasher mods over in the corner next to the Black Hole and Pinbot?

oh, gosh, I don't remember at all. Sorry I can't be of more help.

#7858 6 years ago

Looking for a mountain mod, preferably not the one from mezelmods they have listed as sold out.

#7859 6 years ago

I installed a new playfield into my Getaway which was the last major thing needed after a full restore on everything else and im still ironing out all the weird little ball flow issues. It really is amazing how a small adjustment here or there makes the ball travel is such drastically different ways. It will probably take me a month to properly "dial it in" .

I don't think there is any guessing on the lip. I can do a video in the next day or so. Even slow rollers get pushed to the right at the very end of the guide. I think the issue is that when the guide was chromed, the tip of the guide is not at all smooth. It is almost like metal that was cut but not cleanly. The whole end of that guide if rough to your fingers and clearly is poking out into the lane enough to change the trajectory of the ball. Now, whether or not that is the entire issue, I'm not sure.

At least right now the ball consistently ends up on the right flipper. One fear I do have is if I file it down and then the ball is still pushed a little but ends up always going STDM. (My SMVE has an issue like that but I think on that the issue is a small o-ring protruding slightly and I need to address that at some point too, but that is a different matter for a different thread).

Maybe the best thing to do would be to uninstall and actually get an actual belt sander or wheel on it to make the whole end smooth and then also see if I can adjust the position of the guide slightly to the left if still needed.

#7860 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Okay, guess I'm just too stupid to make it work right

Its ok Chris, your not stupid...This day and age we call it intellectually challenged....

#7861 6 years ago

Well, my supercharger has taken a dump. Game started up with a credit dot, and supercharger no workie. Popped the PF, reseated connectors, gave it a try. Worked in test, and worked once in game but after that nothing. I’m looking straight at those supercharger boards under the PF... anyplace else I should be looking?

#7862 6 years ago

I recently did a playfield swap on my Getaway and looking to sell the original. I really didnt need a new playfield but did a full on restore of the pin and decided i wanted a new one to put it over the top and the original is in rather good shape for an old playfield. Typical ball trails and slight (very slight) insert lifting but no real wear except for where the supercharger ramp flap sits which is typical. This playfield would be a fairly easy restore if some wanted to and then clear or if you have blown out playfield you could actually just swap.
Looking for $300.00. Would much rather sell local and not ship. PM me or Text me at 416-992-7442 if interested. I dont want to post on the marketplace as i want to sell local but i will certainly donate the appropriate funds to pinside if it sells here. Im going to Allentown so i can bring it if that works. Its $300.00 Canadian funds or $250.00 American funds.
IMG_20180420_180632 (resized).jpgIMG_20180420_180632 (resized).jpgIMG_20180420_180632 (resized).jpgIMG_20180420_180632 (resized).jpgIMG_20180420_180619 (resized).jpgIMG_20180420_180619 (resized).jpgIMG_20180420_180648 (resized).jpgIMG_20180420_180648 (resized).jpg

#7863 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Well, my supercharger has taken a dump. Game started up with a credit dot, and supercharger no workie. Popped the PF, reseated connectors, gave it a try. Worked in test, and worked once in game but after that nothing. I’m looking straight at those supercharger boards under the PF... anyplace else I should be looking?

Start with the accelerator board. Are you getting power ? Any leds on the board lit ? Did you check the fuses ? Check connectors j116/j117/j118 and make sure they are seated properly.

#7864 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Did you check the fuses

Check fuse F103

#7865 6 years ago

Will do. Assuming the fuse is good since it was working intermittently.

Accelerator board is FILTHY and has what looks to be some corrosion so this is gonna be fun.

#7866 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Accelerator board is FILTHY and has what looks to be some corrosion so this is gonna be fun.

Ouch, are you getting power to the board ?

#7867 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

That sucks, very frustrating to be sure, sorry to hear about the issues.

Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Start with the accelerator board. Are you getting power ? Any leds on the board lit ? Did you check the fuses ? Check connectors j116/j117/j118 and make sure they are seated properly.

Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Check fuse F103

Yes and yes...

I mentioned this before but my SC had issues when my game was new to me, way before I knew what I was doing. Nothing to the level of what you mention but I sent my board to Clive at Coin Op Cauldron who rebuilt my accelerator board for a fair price and it was flawless, running low 80's. Since then HomePin made a replacement board I bought from eBay as backup for $100 shipped. Tested at 83 SC time test so now I have a back up just in case. Not saying it's your issue but that board can cause all sorts of problems.

#7868 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I recently did a playfield swap on my Getaway and looking to sell the original. I really didnt need a new playfield but did a full on restore of the pin and decided i wanted a new one to put it over the top and the original is in rather good shape for an old playfield. Typical ball trails and slight (very slight) insert lifting but no real wear except for where the supercharger ramp flap sits which is typical. This playfield would be a fairly easy restore if some wanted to and then clear or if you have blown out playfield you could actually just swap.
Looking for $300.00. Would much rather sell local and not ship. PM me or Text me at 416-992-7442 if interested. I dont want to post on the marketplace as i want to sell local but i will certainly donate the appropriate funds to pinside if it sells here. Im going to Allentown so i can bring it if that works. Its $300.00 Canadian funds or $250.00 American funds.

That's a fair price for your old PF in that condition, GL with the sale

#7869 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Never imagined myself saying this, but I wish I lived in Canada.

#7870 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Never imagined myself saying this, but I wish I lived in Canada.

You should move here Chris, our beer is awesome and our women are hot !

#7871 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Look through the last page or two of this . Might help. Grumpy is the man !
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-getaway-playfield-swap/page/2

#7872 6 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions and directions, I’ll dive in tomorrow and see what I can see.

#7873 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

If you want to bring this playfield to Allentown and put it in our booth, you are more than welcome to try and sell it.

#7874 6 years ago

A big thanks for all the playfield slide rail discussions. I had previously purchased replacement rails as my playfield wouldn't slide well and lifting it was a challenge. My original rails were completely bent up and the springs were gone. After the pics and videos posted, I went ahead and swapped out both slide rails and everything clicks in place as expected and it stays in the up position without worry of it dropping.

#7875 6 years ago
Quoted from tctx02:

A big thanks for all the playfield slide rail discussions. I had previously purchased replacement rails as my playfield wouldn't slide well and lifting it was a challenge. My original rails were completely bent up and the springs were gone. After the pics and videos posted, I went ahead and swapped out both slide rails and everything clicks in place as expected and it stays in the up position without worry of it dropping.

Awesome!

#7876 6 years ago

Where is the best place to buy some new decals?

#7877 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Well, my supercharger has taken a dump.

Reflowed the pins and it seems to be fine again, let’s see how long it lasts. Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

#7878 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Where is the best place to buy some new decals?

here: http://www.avo-pinball.de/shop/gehaeuse-decals/wpc/the-getaway-highspeed-ii-gehaeuse-decal-set/

Screen printed with original "neon" red. I missed to buy those at the time but, after having seen them would NEVER buy others. you actually DO get what you pay for.

#7879 6 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

here: http://www.avo-pinball.de/shop/gehaeuse-decals/wpc/the-getaway-highspeed-ii-gehaeuse-decal-set/
Screen printed with original "neon" red. I missed to buy those at the time but, after having seen them would NEVER buy others. you actually DO get what you pay for.

I don’t mind paying for quality, but it would make it easier if the site was in English. I didn’t see an alternate translation option.

Are there no US based suppliers of high quality decals?

#7880 6 years ago

Pretty sure Planetary Pinball has those same decals listed for $225.

#7881 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Pretty sure Planetary Pinball has those same decals listed for $225.

They sure do, thanks!!

#7882 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

If you want to bring this playfield to Allentown and put it in our booth, you are more than welcome to try and sell it.

Much appreciated. I will take you up on that if i dont get it sold by then. Whats your booth name ?

#7883 6 years ago

C347DAE5-1127-4B63-96CC-531A74127982 (resized).jpegC347DAE5-1127-4B63-96CC-531A74127982 (resized).jpeg
Thanks @Jakusu!

#7884 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Much appreciated. I will take you up on that if i dont get it sold by then. Whats your booth name ?

"Playfield Protectors"

#7885 6 years ago

Does anyone sell the target stickers? Thanks.

#7886 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I bought this set for my third HS2. ebay.com link: HIGHSPEED 2 GETAWAY PINBALL Target Cushioned Decals
Like them so far.

I bought this set for my second HS2 that I had, - http://pinballdecals.com/HSIITargetDecalsPage.html

#7887 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

You can make your own or PM me and I'll make and sell to you. I've made sets for multiple Getaway owners and they can chime in if they like them or not.

http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball

#7888 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You can make your own or PM me and I'll make and sell to you. I've made sets for multiple Getaway owners and they can chime in if they like them or not.
http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball

That be excellent! Are you going to Allentown again this year?

#7889 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

That be excellent! Are you going to Allentown again this year?

Actually, never been to Allentown. TPF is in my backyard, so that is where I go.

#7890 5 years ago

My new supercharger decal
from mr_tantrum!

IMG_7913.JPGIMG_7913.JPG

IMG_7912.JPGIMG_7912.JPG

#7891 5 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

from mr_tantrum!

So much better looking!

#7892 5 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

from mr_tantrum!

That looks great! I got one too and really like it as well.

That's an interesting placement for the traffic light, did you move it back or was it there when you got the pin?

#7893 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

That looks great! I got one too and really like it as well.
That's an interesting placement for the traffic light, did you move it back or was it there when you got the pin?

Good catch, I just noticed that. Should be on the black post (mine is red) just forward from it.

light.jpglight.jpg

#7894 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I moved it back.
I think it looks better tucked in.

IMG_7919.JPGIMG_7919.JPG

#7895 5 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

I moved it back.

Cool, I was just wondering not hating

#7896 5 years ago

Here you go Mr T, thanks!

SC Decal 1 (resized).jpgSC Decal 1 (resized).jpg
SC Decal (resized).jpgSC Decal (resized).jpg

#7897 5 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

I moved it back.

Cool, nothing wrong with putting where you want.

#7898 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Here you Mr T, thanks!

I love the look of the new decal. Great design, Jakusa.

#7899 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Cool, nothing wrong with putting where you want.

I agree. Kinda think it looks cool. Want your supercharger decal Chris. Pm me when you can and gimmie a good deal as im a regular here !

#7900 5 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I agree. Kinda think it looks cool. Want your supercharger decal Chris. Pm me when you can and gimmie a good deal as im a regular here !

No soup for you, next!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/158 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.