• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 277.
#7601 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You may want to try using a tripod next time of that's how steady your hands are when taking photos
This message brought to you by the official self-appointed photo focus & exposure officer.

hahaha a tripod..... yeah i have one of those.

quick or pretty, pick 1

#7602 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

BTW, all lighthearted comments here in the Getaway thread, so don't take what I or others say to seriously - just having a little fun

I think the word you're looking for is too

#7603 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

, so don't take what I or others say to seriously when it comes to things like this

NP. I wont take it TOO seriously :b

Edit: tiltmonster beat me to it...

#7604 6 years ago

Can someone post a picture of the bulbs inside the back box? I picked up a Getaway a few months ago and am just starting to dig into it, shopping it, LED'ing it, etc. Best I can tell, my lamp arrangement doesn't look right. Wondering if I have a swap from a different machine. Would seem to make sense, given some of the counts I've seen from others appear off from mine. Likewise, I notice the top row of bulbs on mine is cut/unterminated. Translite looks off from bulb arrangement too.

getaway-backbox (resized).jpeggetaway-backbox (resized).jpeg

#7605 6 years ago
Quoted from hayrebear:

Can someone post a picture of the bulbs inside the back box? I picked up a Getaway a few months ago and am just starting to dig into it, shopping it, LED'ing it, etc. Best I can tell, my lamp arrangement doesn't look right. Wondering if I have a swap from a different machine. Would seem to make sense, given some of the counts I've seen from others appear off from mine. Likewise, I notice the top row of bulbs on mine is cut/unterminated. Translite looks off from bulb arrangement too.

Whoa, that's not right...

#7606 6 years ago

LED Back Box (resized).jpgLED Back Box (resized).jpg

#7607 6 years ago

Ugh...that's what I was afraid of. Wondering why they swapped it, when, what this is even from, etc. The previous owner did have someone put a Rottendog MPU in the machine, but am wondering if this was done then or if it pre-dates.

Also makes me wonder what else I'm going to find hacked-up on this one.

Now where to start...

#7608 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I think the word you're looking for is too

Ah #!^&!, you got me! Very well played on your part.

#7609 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Ah #!^&!, you got me! Very well played on your part.

#7610 6 years ago
Quoted from hayrebear:

Ugh...that's what I was afraid of. Wondering why they swapped it, when, what this is even from, etc. The previous owner did have someone put a Rottendog MPU in the machine, but am wondering if this was done then or if it pre-dates.
Now where to start...

I have some RD boards, but my backboard is not Swiss cheese like yours. They must have had some kind of custom translate or something at one time.

Upon closer inspection, you don't even have holes where the originals should be. Some kind of Frankenstein Getaway you have there? Time for a game of "name that pin based upon the backboard lights". Unfortunately, I don't have enough expertise to play.

#7611 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I have some RD boards, but my backboard is not Swiss cheese like yours. They must have had some kind of custom translate or something at one time.
Upon closer inspection, you don't even have holes where the originals should be. Some kind of Frankenstein Getaway you have there? Time for a game of "name that pin based upon the backboard lights". Unfortunately, I don't have enough expertise to play.

Yeah...hoping this is the extent of the hack job. Wondering if and when I can even attempt to find or...gulp...make a replacement.

#7612 6 years ago
Quoted from hayrebear:

Yeah...hoping this is the extent of the hack job. Wondering if and when I can even attempt to find or...gulp...make a replacement.

I don't know what game that's from, it certainly isn't a hacked up Getaway board. Maybe they had an issue (fire, water damage...) with the original and just installed something that would fit. I would be curious to see the reverse side of that and the inside of your back box.

You obviously have experience with pins owning 5 of them so I'm sure it's something you'll be able to handle.

#7613 6 years ago
Quoted from hayrebear:

Piece of plywood, white paint, electric drill, and staple gun will have you fixed up in no time! Seriously, you'd probably have to find a ratted out scrapped Getaway to just swap out the board, but I'm sure they are out there. Might want to post a Wanted ad.

#7614 6 years ago

That might be from a fish tales. I remember mine having over 30 bulbs in the back box.

#7615 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

And by the self-appointed playfield photo quality control officer.

#7616 6 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

That might be from a fish tales. I remember mine having over 30 bulbs in the back box.

Wow...I think you're right! Found the below and it looks like a match on Fish Tales.
https://goo.gl/images/nRPu7W

#7617 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I don't know what game that's from, it certainly isn't a hacked up Getaway board. Maybe they had an issue (fire, water damage...) with the original and just installed something that would fit. I would be curious to see the reverse side of that and the inside of your back box.
You obviously have experience with pins owning 5 of them so I'm sure it's something you'll be able to handle.

Pictures attached/below, since you were curious.

And I’m starting to get my feet under me a bit in re the pins. Still relatively new to pinball, but I’m 100% a tinkerer at heart. I’m sure I’ll figure it out eventually.

2D46FE58-A1F9-4667-9226-232AEB622553 (resized).jpeg2D46FE58-A1F9-4667-9226-232AEB622553 (resized).jpeg

9B6A3066-21B1-4471-B311-47D5E0B3A5DA (resized).jpeg9B6A3066-21B1-4471-B311-47D5E0B3A5DA (resized).jpeg

#7618 6 years ago

Hey guys, look at the new supercharger decal Jakusa is making available. The decal wraps around the entire front of the SC (full length between the two mounts), and is themed and colored much better than the original. Also, 504 is in lead pursuit! Be sure to contact Jakusa if you are interested in purchasing one for your Getaway (https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/jakusu/contact).

Gold Wheel Decal
Supercharger_GoldWheels (resized).pngSupercharger_GoldWheels (resized).png
Supercharger - Gold.jpgSupercharger - Gold.jpg

Silver Wheel Decal
Supercharger_SilverWheels (resized).pngSupercharger_SilverWheels (resized).png
Supercharger - Silver.jpgSupercharger - Silver.jpg

Original Decal

original.jpgoriginal.jpg

#7619 6 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Quoted from hayrebear:

Wow...I think you're right! Found the below and it looks like a match on Fish Tales.
https://goo.gl/images/nRPu7W

There you go, that looks right! Maybe you could post a trade or even sell it once you find a replacement.

Quoted from hayrebear:

And I’m starting to get my feet under me a bit in re the pins. Still relatively new to pinball, but I’m 100% a tinkerer at heart. I’m sure I’ll figure it out eventually.

Hard to be 100% sure everything is good but you have a new driver board and the battery off the mpu, looks pretty good.

#7620 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Hey guys, look at the new supercharger decal Jakusa is making available. The decal wraps around the entire front of the SC (full length between the two mounts), and is themed and colored much better than the original. Also, 504 is in lead pursuit! Be sure to contact Jakusa if you are interested in purchasing one for your Getaway (https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/jakusu/contact).
Gold Wheel Decal

Silver Wheel Decal

Original Decal

I'm not usually one who likes stickers that can't be put back to original and this isn't as whimsical as the original but I have to say; the silver wheel one is really nice and I like it a lot. It's hard to tell but is that in 2 sections? Is there a way to make the police cars blue? Keeping the theme like the back glass (and ColorDMD for those that have one)but I'm not sure it would look as good... Anyway, nice work all

#7621 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I'm not usually one who likes stickers that can't be put back to original and this isn't as whimsical as the original but I have to say; the silver wheel one is really nice and I like it a lot. It's hard to tell but is that in 2 sections? Is there a way to make the police cars blue? Keeping the theme like the back glass (and ColorDMD for those that have one)but I'm not sure it would looks as good... Anyway, nice work all

#7622 6 years ago

The one I made is a prototype and is two sections that are butted and taped then mylar is over the top as one decal (this is due to my print size limitations). I don't want to get into too much customization, but I'm sure if you worked out a deal with Jakusa then I could make a blue police car edition (assuming I could find a good graphic).

#7623 6 years ago

Spurred by the idea from Jacusa, I've developed another decal set. This time it is a mountain themed covering for the two metal brackets at the back right of the pin under the supercharger loop mountain plastic. I'll gladly share the artwork with anyone who wishes to make their own, or if you need me to print them for you I will and mail them to you for $5 a set. However, you will need to provide & apply your own double sided permanent tape to the back to stick them to the brackets (I use tape in pic below).

IMG_6240.JPGIMG_6240.JPG
Getaway Mountain Decals.jpgGetaway Mountain Decals.jpg
tape (resized).jpgtape (resized).jpg

#7624 6 years ago
Quoted from hayrebear:

I can confirm that light board is from a Fish Tales machine, just took some pics from my FT machine and compared.

DSC03432 (resized).JPGDSC03432 (resized).JPG

DSC03433 (resized).JPGDSC03433 (resized).JPG

#7625 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I can confirm that light board is from a Fish Tales machine, just took some pics from my FT machine and compared.

I knew something smelled "fishy" about that backboard.

#7626 6 years ago

Anyone know why the left supercharger flasher would stay on continuously? The manual says that solenoid #18 is for the supercharger flashers. The other two flasher work as they should. Q40 controls the flashers. If transistor Q40 was bad wouldn't all the superchargers flashers be lit at all times? I had a spare supercharger three lamp assembly with harness that I tried and the first flasher on left stays on all times as well. Any ideas? Thanks.

#7627 6 years ago

Im also really liking the silverwheels decal. I think it fits color wise much better than the original. Wonder if he will supply just a printable file ?

#7628 6 years ago
Quoted from hayrebear:

Now where to start..

Depending on how handy you are, its not hard to make a new board yourself. When i get a chance i could draw out my board for you with all the measurements on where to cut and drill the holes if you want. And with our help im sure you could reconfigure the sockets you have to make it right.

#7629 6 years ago

Decal suggestion... how about a “no logo” version?

Also while you’re in the decal biz, one to cover the metal plate between the targets and the pop bumper would be pretty brilliant.

#7630 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Im also really liking the silverwheels decal. I think it fits color wise much better than the original. Wonder if he will supply just a printable file ?

I would suggest you PM him and see. Anyone interested in the files for the mountain decals can d/l them from the link below. You are welcome to print and make your own, but please do not distribute my files or print and distribute to others. Again, for those of you w/o the tools/capability to make them yourself, I will print on high quality photo paper, cut them out, and mail to you for $5 in US for you to apply with your own tape (if outside US, will need to cover whatever additional postage is required).

http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball/getaway_mountain.zip

#7631 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Decal suggestion... how about a “no logo” version?
Also while you’re in the decal biz, one to cover the metal plate between the targets and the pop bumper would be pretty brilliant.

I think I've already done what you are asking for regarding the target cover decal: http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball

The other will be up to Jakusa. If he is willing to distribute the file, then I'll create one for him w/o the logo. However, I think I might want to decrease the spacing between the cars if I did that.

#7632 6 years ago

Tantrum the Mountain one is exactly what I wanted! Thank you you are a legend.
Happy for any one to have the files. Please direct it all to Tantrum as he has spent a lot of time fixing up my original ideas and deserves it.

I am just an ideas person with my graphic skills limited to ms paint sadly! WIsh I knew more about it all. See my best effort below for my next restore theme!

I paid a graphic guy (too much) to do my original plus some other things. Currently making a black/grey backlit speaker panel instead of the grey which is currently at the printers getting done on 2mm clear and laser cut speaker holes.

Powered my machine up yesterday ( no sound or translite yet) - very exciting after 4 months of restoring.
Only issues I am having is ramp will not lower with that new pin I bought mentioned some posts ago, ball gets stuck on left inlane between sling rubber and metal guide and for some reason the under playfield brackets are getting jammed up badly. Read something about it somewhere...the search is on!

MM (resized).jpgMM (resized).jpg

#7633 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Is there a way to make the police cars blue?

I'm having a hard time finding a usable image. This is as close as I've got, but it's too clipart-ish. Find me a usable decent resolution side view of a blue police car, and I'll see what I can do.

liberty_city_police_car_by_bar27262-d9png0t.png (resized).jpgliberty_city_police_car_by_bar27262-d9png0t.png (resized).jpg

Here is another.

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#7634 6 years ago

Getaway and F14 are my two big wants for 2018. Found me an F14, still on the hunt for a well priced Getaway!

Interested to see CPR backglasses installed in machines. Anyone mind posting pics??

P.S. Let me know if you have a good players Getaway for sale. Or HUO would be amazing, willing to pay according to condition.

#7635 6 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Getaway and F14 are my two big wants for 2018. Found me an F14, still on the hunt for a well priced Getaway!
Interested to see CPR backglasses installed in machines. Anyone mind posting pics??
P.S. Let me know if you have a good players Getaway for sale. Or HUO would be amazing, willing to pay according to condition.

For pics only not for sale: CPR Back Glass and a couple of other pics

Backglass old vs new 2 (resized).jpgBackglass old vs new 2 (resized).jpg
full (resized).jpgfull (resized).jpg
PF Upper Blue 1 (resized).jpgPF Upper Blue 1 (resized).jpg

PF Lower 1 (resized).jpgPF Lower 1 (resized).jpg

#7636 6 years ago

Looking good!

#7637 6 years ago

Wow tiltmaster, that thing is INSANE!

How do you like the backglass? Looks great in the pix but I’d sure like to see one in person. I love the idea of a backglass but it might be a little overkill for my game... for now anyways.

How’s your old translite? Any interest in sending it to a new home? I have a pretty sketchy repro right now.

That lit speaker panel looks awesome.

#7638 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Wow tiltmaster, that thing is INSANE!
How do you like the backglass? Looks great in the pix but I’d sure like to see one in person. I love the idea of a backglass but it might be a little overkill for my game... for now anyways.
How’s your old translite? Any interest in sending it to a new home? I have a pretty sketchy repro right now.
That lit speaker panel looks awesome.

Thanks!

I love the backglass but there are some mixed reviews. I like the colors, the tones and the mirroring is just enough even when it's not powered on its just beautiful. The negatives from other people's perspective are the low res images but I don't mind, the rest totally out weighs that in my opinion but to be sure, if it's possible, you should see it in person before you buy.

My original wasn't bad, a couple of flakes missing, very minor but I'm really odd about being able to undo all of my mods before I sell it or if I want to make it OG again, I keep all my old bits (translates, boards, bumper caps...), sorry. Having said that, if I ever decide to sell the translate and you haven't found one we can talk.

#7639 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Depending on how handy you are, its not hard to make a new board yourself. When i get a chance i could draw out my board for you with all the measurements on where to cut and drill the holes if you want. And with our help im sure you could reconfigure the sockets you have to make it right.

Thanks! I think I'm going to give it a shot and would very much appreciate the measurements on the holes, if you're willing.

#7640 6 years ago
Quoted from hayrebear:

Thanks! I think I'm going to give it a shot and would very much appreciate the measurements on the holes, if you're willing.

and if you use some good wood not MDF you can make the back look like this.

IMGA0324 (resized).JPGIMGA0324 (resized).JPG

IMGA0326 (resized).JPGIMGA0326 (resized).JPG

#7641 6 years ago
Quoted from hayrebear:

No problem. I have family coming over for Easter dinner today but ill get something for you during the week.

#7642 6 years ago

Rottendog power board schematics for Grumpy ....

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#7643 6 years ago

#7644 6 years ago

Sorry guys, I thought the earlier ones were clear..

#7645 6 years ago

None are very clear. ...... Dammit

#7646 6 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

None are very clear. ...... Dammit

Clear enough, replace Q-28 and D-9. No predriver because these are mosfets instead of transistors.

#7647 6 years ago

you could go to his website and get them...

http://rottendog.us/schematics.html

#7648 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Clear enough, replace Q-28 and D-9. No predriver because these are mosfets instead of transistors.

Quoted from tiltmonster:

you could go to his website and get them...
http://rottendog.us/schematics.html

Thanks guys....

#7650 6 years ago
Quoted from hayrebear:

Havent forgotten about you . Been a really busy week at work so havent had a chance to do this yet but i will either in the next couple days ot for sure over the weekend.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Trade
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/153?hl=charger500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.