• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4875 (resized).jpeg
get2 (resized).jpg
get3 (resized).jpg
get1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4154 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt_la_canyons_15-4-120-14-24-33 (resized).jpg
IMG_4302 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
media-pinball-display-mounting-bracket (resized).jpg
IMG_7017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpeg

There are 13,738 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 275.
#7501 6 years ago

Mid run change... Probably the 11630 couldn't quite make the long shot around the back and up the ramp as consistently as the 11629.

#7502 6 years ago

Image61.jpgImage61.jpg

#7503 6 years ago

Thanks Theonlyest - looks good.

Is that plastic above the 3 targets at the pop bumper standard or an add on decal? Mine has a stainless plate in that spot?

Not sure if has been put here already but did you see the cab decal custom job in the Steve Ritchie thread...pretty cool.

I'm going for a custom blackout edition with my restore!

#7504 6 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Is that plastic above the 3 targets at the pop bumper standard or an add on decal? Mine has a stainless plate in that spot?
Not sure if has been put here already but did you see the cab decal custom job in the Steve Ritchie thread...pretty cool.

That plastic came with the CPR reproduction set. It was a stainless plate from the factory.

#7505 6 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Mine has a stainless plate in that spot?

Go here and make a sticker to cover the plate.
http://thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball

#7506 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Go here and make a sticker to cover the plate.
http://thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball

Or if you want to pay me, I can make one for you. Just PM to discuss details (I also have several other mods/decals with some not pictured on my site for particular reasons).

#7507 6 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Here is another custom plastic I think everyone should have: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/70#post-3415047

#7508 6 years ago

Joining the chase this weekend... pretty stoked, have wanted to GETAWAY for years!

#7509 6 years ago

Awesome gunstarhero... HSII is a great game and a ton of value for the $$$.

Kerry

#7510 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Joining the chase this weekend... pretty stoked, have wanted to GETAWAY for years!

An early welcome! It will fit in really well with your collection, enjoy!

#7511 6 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/69#post-3412380

#7512 6 years ago

High score check?

I'm st 491,113,920 on a 3 ball game.

#7513 6 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

High score check?
I'm st 491,113,920 on a 3 ball game.

Checkout the pindigo app (I am not affiliated with it, but enjoy it)

Screenshot_20180308-104803 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180308-104803 (resized).png

#7514 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Or if you want to pay me, I can make one for you.

So now your the Capitalist Pig.

#7516 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

So now your the Capitalist Pig.

My motives are purely altruistic.

#7517 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty6point2:

Checkout the pindigo app (I am not affiliated with it, but enjoy it)

Sounds awesome. And, WOW. 1.2 bil??? Makes me look like a jabroni

#7518 6 years ago

Anyone know the part number for the 44 socket lamps on this game.They are access able from under the game . Manual does not have a part listing for these. Can't find a listing in Marco or Pinball life. They do not have no diode. Thanks.

#7519 6 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Anyone know the part number for the 44 socket lamps on this game.They are access able from under the game . Manual does not have a part listing for these. Can't find a listing in Marco or Pinball life. They do not have a diode. Thanks.

#7520 6 years ago

So, I'm guessing you don't want LED (they are just called #44 on sites like Comet, etc.)? I believe just your run of the mill #44 if incandescent: https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1680

#7521 6 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Anyone know the part number for the 44 socket lamps on this game.They are access able from under the game . Manual does not have a part listing for these. Can't find a listing in Marco or Pinball life. They do not have no diode. Thanks.

I'm not sure; what one are you trying to replace? I think there are several different ones used depending on where it's located but aren't most of them dual terminal sockets?

#7522 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I'm not sure; what one are you trying to replace? I think there are several different ones used depending on where it's located but aren't most of them dual terminal sockets?

Dual terminal sockets with a bracket to attach under playfield and have bulb holder protrude through. Can't beliebev manual does not have a section for these part numbers. All my other games do.

#7523 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

So, I'm guessing you don't want LED (they are just called #44 on sites like Comet, etc.)? I believe just your run of the mill #44 if incandescent: https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1680

Looking for the sockets not the bulbs. Thanks.

#7524 6 years ago

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=291

Is this the one you’re lokkkg for?

#7525 6 years ago

I think that's it . I was using wrong search on thier site. Thanks! I verify if they are short or long bracket.

#7526 6 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I think that's it . I was using wrong search on thier site. Thanks! I verify if they are short or long bracket.

That will work but I think the ones for the tach have a longer bracket, so it depends on what one you need... I saw the extended bracket at Marco and I thought they were in stock.

Good luck!

#7527 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

That will work but I think the ones for the tach have a longer bracket, so it depends on what one you need... I saw the extended bracket at Marco and I thought they were in stock.
Good luck!

Thanks

#7528 6 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Looking for the sockets not the bulbs. Thanks.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. As others have pointed out, I think PBL has them and Marcos probably does also.

I've not had to replace any of mine, but have had to take some sandpaper to the inner spring and tube on a few (never thought of just buying new ones, but I like the idea) - g/l on your project.

#7529 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

but have had to take some sandpaper to the inner spring and tube on a few

I have one of these.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=socket+cleaner

#7530 6 years ago

I have one also and gave it a shot but some sockets are really rusty and not working. Thanks all for the input.

#7531 6 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I have one also and gave it a shot but some sockets are really rusty and not working. Thanks all for the input.

I find that this other stick works well in extreme circumstances.

Dynamite_Stick_Prop_Solo_grande.jpgDynamite_Stick_Prop_Solo_grande.jpg

#7532 6 years ago

Put a new coil sleeve in my upper flipper (only destroyed 3 trying to get it in).
After I put the new sleeve in it was sticking really bad and I noticed the solienoid lug was a little warped. Changed the coil stop and dremeled off the warping so it was smooth and WOW the upper loop is quick now. This game is really fast and really really fun when it's dialed in!

Steve Ritchie for president!!

#7533 6 years ago
Quoted from bimm25i:

Put a new coil sleeve in my upper flipper (only destroyed 3 trying to get it in).
After I put the new sleeve in it was sticking really bad and I noticed the solienoid lug was a little warped. Changed the coil stop and dremeled off the warping so it was smooth and WOW the upper loop is quick now. This game is really fast and really really fun when it's dialed in!
Steve Ritchie for president!!

Yes, a properly tuned Getaway is a blast to play

#7534 6 years ago

I think out of all the restores I have done now this one is the the one I am most excited about to get running. Just want to see the loops and supercharger blasting to my own light and sound show! Thanks to all the posters here on this thread which I have been following but only have read up to about page 20 out of the 150 odd! Before restore supercharger was running 120-124.
So sorry if I am asking already answered questions as I go.
Reckon she'll be up on her new powder coated legs this weekend and the top of the playfield pretty much finished.
Couple of progress shots.

20180304_163756 (resized).jpg20180304_163756 (resized).jpg

20180313_152217 (resized).jpg20180313_152217 (resized).jpg

20180313_152201 (resized).jpg20180313_152201 (resized).jpg

#7535 6 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I think out of all the restores I have done now this one is the the one I am most excited about to get running. Just want to see the loops and supercharger blasting to my own light and sound show! Thanks to all the posters here on this thread which I have been following but only have read up to about page 20 out of the 150 odd! Before restore supercharger was running 120-124.
Reckon she'll be up on her new powder coated legs this weekend and the top of the playfield pretty much finished.

Looking good! 120-124 is slow, bad optos, failing magnets, faulty accelerator board and magnetized balls can all be a cause of slow loop times. Start off easy and go from there

#7536 6 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Lookin good. In piucture 2 I see your using my mini mirror trick on the outlane black walls. It works great under the plastics and helps light them up better too.

#7537 6 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Looking really nice! Glad you are reading through the thread, as I did this when I got my Getaway and implemented all kinds of ideas.

P.S. Nice dungeon you have there.

#7538 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Lookin good. In piucture 2 I see your using my mini mirror trick on the outlane black walls. It works great under the plastics and helps light them up better too.

Never saw that before. Where did you guys source the mirror strips?

#7539 6 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Never saw that before. Where did you guys source the mirror strips?

I got my polished stainless strips at a hobby shop, 12x1 inch strips, I like the thicker strips. See how it reflects the light from the bulbs instead of being absorbed by the black wall.

IMGA0263 (resized).JPGIMGA0263 (resized).JPG

#7540 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I got my polished stainless strips at a hobby shop, 12x1 inch strips, I like the thicker strips. See how it reflects the light from the bulbs instead of being absorbed by the black wall.

Shiny! I've not yet done this to my Getaway and curious about the difference it might make. Where all did you install them on your Getaway, and do you recall how much material you needed?

#7541 6 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Hi all.
Well into my restore now. Has anyone ever blacked out or swapped out the yellow traffic light at all? Can't find any pics anywhere.
Also anyone done their own building mod for the donut heaven ball lock area? The donut heaven one isn't doing it for me but it needs something there!
Thanks all.

Yep, but I went all out and painted it.
Made perfect sense to me as in Australia all our Traffic Lights are black

DSCN4435 (resized).JPGDSCN4435 (resized).JPG

#7542 6 years ago
Quoted from Crafty:

Yep, but I went all out and painted it.
Made perfect sense to me as in Australia all our Traffic Lights are black

That looks great! I've seen a few black traffic light housing here in the states, but usually in small towns for some reason (also, when I see them they are usually mounted horizontally instead of vertically).

Also, like your themed ball lock cover. What does the sign say?

#7543 6 years ago

Okay, so I locked my computer at work today and when I came back the lock screen image screamed Getaway at me. I took a few liberties in Photoshop, but aside from the vehicles the pic is 100% untouched.

Getaway.jpgGetaway.jpg

#7544 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Shiny! I've not yet done this to my Getaway and curious about the difference it might make. Where all did you install them on your Getaway, and do you recall how much material you needed?

I think they make a difference under all the plastics on the black sides and out in the open on the black sides of the out lanes. I think I used like 4 or 5 of them and cut them with a GOOD tin snips if shorter ones were needed. Under the plastics you can piece them together if needed cuz no one sees them.

#7545 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I think they make a difference under all the plastics on the black sides and out in the open on the black sides of the out lanes. I think I used like 4 or 5 of them and cut them with a GOOD tin snips if shorter ones were needed. Under the plastics you can piece them together if needed cuz no one sees them.

You said that you got them at the hobby store, was it a chain one (e.g. HobLob or Mike's) or a local one? If chain, do you recall in what area of the store they would be? Sorry, never seen them before, but then again have never looked for them.

#7546 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You said that you got them at the hobby store, was it a chain one (e.g. HobLob or Mike's) or a local one? If chain, do you recall in what area of the store they would be? Sorry, never seen them before, but then again have never looked for them.

No it was at a local one. Usually a good hobby store will have displays with different kinds of metal tubs, rods, sheets and strips. Just call around and ask for 1x12 inch polished stainless steel strips.

#7547 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Okay, so I locked my computer at work and when I came back the lock screen screamed Getaway to me. I took a few liberties in Photoshop, but aside from the vehicles the pic is 100% untouched.

Is there a way to clear the text? that would make a really cool background for an instruction card!

#7548 6 years ago

Anyone need a cover, ramp or shifter? Cleaning out old parts.

IMG_8055 (resized).JPGIMG_8055 (resized).JPGIMG_8054 (resized).JPGIMG_8054 (resized).JPGIMG_8053 (resized).JPGIMG_8053 (resized).JPGIMG_8046 (resized).JPGIMG_8046 (resized).JPG

Added over 6 years ago: Cover is sold. Still have shifter and weldment.

#7549 6 years ago

I’ll take the cover as it looks to be in much better shape than mine. PM sent

#7550 6 years ago
Quoted from bimm25i:

Is there a way to clear the text? that would make a really cool background for an instruction card!

Original pic is of a country road by Reese Lassman (can google it).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
There are 13,738 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/151?hl=pinballdad1961 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.