• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 277.
#7351 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Don't worry about it just keep it waxed, my BOP pf issue is a completly different problem.

Im wondering if i need to reclear it though. Worried about wear around the inserts. No one else with this issue ?

#7352 6 years ago

Ha ha, that's some vinyl I don't have in my collection but I've got their CD's of Unplugged and Nevermind. Good stuff, I can't wait to hear this one... PinSound may be a purchase I have to make now, curse you T!

#7353 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Im wondering if i need to reclear it though. Worried about wear around the inserts. No one else with this issue ?

I've never purchased a new PF but I have an EATPM on order with CPR so if it were me, and with this kind of investment, I'd wait it out a good long time before I made any decision on what to do

#7354 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Oh it's a new pf?

#7355 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh it's a new pf?

yeah, its the brand new one i just bought from Peter!

#7356 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

yeah, its the brand new one i just bought from Peter!

Is it in the game yet?

#7357 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Is it in the game yet?

nope.

#7358 6 years ago

I need to address this before i do anything with it. Im just not sure if anyone else is seeing this with the new shipment. Is this normal ?

#7359 6 years ago

Well your gonna have to wait about 6 months for it to stabilize before you can think about having it re-cleared.

#7360 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well your gonna have to wait about 6 months for it to stabilize before you can think about having it re-cleared.

This sucks, after all the money i spent i cant believe i need to do something else with it before i install it ! WTF ?

#7361 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

This sucks, after all the money i spent i cant believe i need to do something else with it before i install it ! WTF ?

I'm in the same boat. Only thing to do is put it away for 6 months or so with a long detailed note saying what's wrong with it so you can see if any other problems pop up when you next look at it. That's what I did. I feel for ya.

#7362 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I will look at my Getaway PF that i got last month from Peter and let you know. I unwrapped it to check it out and didnt notice what you have seen. I put it back in its box and planned to pull it out this summer when I restore my Getaway.

#7363 6 years ago

So I just pulled my Getaway PF out and inspected it. I ran my finger over top of it and the only area I can feel slight bumps, is around the RPM and Redline inserts. Not all of them and I don't feel any bumps around any other inserts (rounds ones, free ride, bonus, jackpot, etc). I took a flashlight and shone it from the bottom of the playfield...no reflection off those inserts, which would indicate a significant raising or lowering. I have replaced two PFs in the past. One cleared by Bill Davis and one done by Mirco. Both had these slight raises on some inserts. I wasn't concerned. Once those PFs are in the machine and that ball rolls around during game play, the clear will flatten. I played the crap out of those two games and there was no damage what so ever around inserts. My advice, unless you have obvious cracking around the inserts (which you say you don't), is to install it and enjoy it. My original in game Getaway PF has insert clear cracking, raising, missing keylines and a couple significant gouges (looks like someone dropped a screwdriver right beside the upper right flipper). This actually causes a slow rolling ball to change direction. I can't wait until this summer to install this new repro. Believe me, I understand OCD, particularly when it comes to pinball machines, but in the case of my current repro that I got from Peter, I am still one happy camper.

#7364 6 years ago

Well, my 8th custom Pinsound orchestration for the Getaway is complete. I've tested and made some tweaks, so the only thing left is to upload to the Pinsound forum and await their release to the public for download.

The musical theme is all Nirvana (mostly songs from NEVERMIND) with the main track being Smells Like Teen Spirit, of course, along with the opening guitar riff repeating before ball launch. After playing a couple of games I like the orchestration, but there can seem to be a juxtaposition between the defeatist grunge lyrics & musical tones to the high speed action of the game. However, if you like Nirvana, then I think you will enjoy the theme as I've tried to match song to each particular event as best I could, and edited many of the tracks for best effect (i.e. I don't just plug in the songs from their beginning). Besides, I now keep 5 different orchestrations on my Pinsound, so I can just switch to another whenever I get tired of one, and I suggest everyone do the same (see my guide to Pinsound thread if you don't know how to do this - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tantrums-guide-to-pinsound).

Not sure when I'll get a chance to shoot a gameplay video, but I'll see what I can do. I'll also email Nicholas at Pinsound to see if we can expedite the orchestration approval.

Enjoy!

PS: I'm not committing to make every one of them, but if any of you have an idea for a new orchestration and you don't have the ability to create your own, then let me know. I'll throw it out to the group, and if there is enough interest then I'll do my best to produce it as I have time.

#7365 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I would be following Vid's advice.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-ultimate-playfield-restoration#post-551439

Inserts not yet raised I would be adding epoxy to the back. If they are raised, I would use a 12" throat C-clamp to level and then epoxy. Wood and plastic change shape at different rates, combined with tension from curing clearcoat, movement isn't surprising.

#7366 6 years ago

I was able to record a game featuring the Nirvana Pinsound orchestration for Getaway. Used my iPhone so was limited on lens angle, but gives you a good idea of most of the music (15+ minute game with multi-ball, red line mania, and other events that feature a variety of songs). I had the camera mounted to the glass, so you see lots of vibration that correlates to the bass.

#7367 6 years ago

Has anyone attempted to implement this mod?

#7368 6 years ago

So I took the supercharger and rear ramp off and DANG was it dirty back there.

Thank GOD it all cleaned off perfectly!!! Whoever invented diamond plate might be my new favorite pinball wizard.

My ramp also hangs just a low when up, and has a tendency to tap the ball and slow it down a little/get it stuck back there. I see the adjust screw and I raised it but now the bottom of the ramp doesn't make good contact and I think it's because...

I noticed that my raising ramp is missing its ramp flaps and rivets.

So anyone have a source for these that is in stock? And anyone have a source for a tool I can use to rivet le rivets?

Thanks speeders!

1517228534197-336751543 (resized).jpg1517228534197-336751543 (resized).jpg

15172285665321926798075 (resized).jpg15172285665321926798075 (resized).jpg

#7369 6 years ago
Quoted from bimm25i:

So I took the supercharger and rear ramp off and DANG was it dirty back there.
Thank GOD it all cleaned off perfectly!!! Whoever invented diamond plate might be my new favorite pinball wizard.
My ramp also hangs just a low when up, and has a tendency to tap the ball and slow it down a little/get it stuck back there. I see the adjust screw and I raised it but now the bottom of the ramp doesn't make good contact and I think it's because...
I noticed that my raising ramp is missing its ramp flaps and rivets.
So anyone have a source for these that is in stock? And anyone have a source for a tool I can use to rivet le rivets?
Thanks speeders!

Does your scoop hole plastic still have the 2 nubs that stick up? I can't quite tell.

#7370 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Does your scoop hole plastic still have the 2 nubs that stick up? I can't quite tell.

Yes it does

Also you can see my missing ramp flap in this one

1517232813952535746680 (resized).jpg1517232813952535746680 (resized).jpg

If anyone has a source for a ramp flap,rivets, rivet tool id appreciate it

#7371 6 years ago
#7372 6 years ago
Quoted from bimm25i:

Yes it does
Also you can see my missing ramp flap in this one

If anyone has a source for a ramp flap,rivets, rivet tool id appreciate it

I had same issue when I bought mine except someone had bent the heck out of the ramp so that the ball would still ascend it. I found someone in the group that updated their ramp flaps and sold me their old ones, then I used regular pop rivets that have worked perfectly. However, I've since found the correct rivets at my local Ace Hardware but having taken the time to redo them.

#7374 6 years ago

I think this would make great theme music for Getaway...

#7375 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I think this would make great theme music for Getaway... » YouTube video

I like it! That's cool for the theme, but what would you do with the rest of the tunes? Maybe can find a variety of similarly done songs that work?

#7376 6 years ago

That's good, now take it off and clean it and wire in a red flex led under the pf to shine up into it. It lights up way cool then.

#7377 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's good, now take it off and clean it and wire in a red flex led under the pf to shine up into it. It lights up way cool then.

Yeah, make it look something like this (although since this pic I've traded out for a dual red flex).

tunnel.jpgtunnel.jpg

#7378 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yeah, make it look something like this (although since this pic I've traded out for a dual red flex).

Yeah a dual is better and that's the way to light up the mountain plastic too. You got 2 mods in one shot.

#7379 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I like it! That's cool for the theme, but what would you do with the rest of the tunes? Maybe can find a variety of similarly done songs that work?

Well, I didnt really think it all the way through, I don't have Pinsound, and I have no plans to upgrade to it at this point.

#7380 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Well, I didnt really think it all the way through, I don't have Pinsound, and I have no plans to upgrade to it at this point.

I looked around for a few minutes, and there seem to be a few songs in this same manner that would work. I might take the time to flesh it out sometime, but I think an all rock instrumental from various artists would work well.

#7381 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I had same issue when I bought mine except someone had bent the heck out of the ramp so that the ball would still ascend it. I found someone in the group that updated their ramp flaps and sold me their old ones, then I used regular pop rivets that have worked perfectly. However, I've since found the correct rivets at my local Ace Hardware but having taken the time to redo them.

You wouldn't happen to know the correct size or part number for the ramp rivets would you? Did you install your current ones without a rivet press of did you use a regular hand held rivet tool? Thanks.

#7382 6 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

You wouldn't happen to know the correct size or part number for the ramp rivets would you? Did you install your current ones without a rivet press of did you use a regular hand held rivet tool? Thanks.

Used a hand rivet tool (attached ramp from playfield, of course). Not sure what size as I just went over to my neighbors house who had a whole mess of them, and we found some that fit correctly. If you search through this thread for "rivet", you may find the right type and size whenever I was going through it I posted a lot and others were helpful.

However, if you purchase a ramp package they may come with the required rivets. I forget what you call the rivets that have a solid dome on top, but these would be the standard parts.

#7383 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Used a hand rivet tool (attached ramp from playfield, of course). Not sure what size as I just went over to my neighbors house who had a whole mess of them, and we found some that fit correctly. If you search through this thread for "rivet", you may find the right type and size whenever I was going through it I posted a lot and others were helpful.
However, if you purchase a ramp package they may come with the required rivets. I forget what you call the rivets that have a solid dome on top, but these would be the standard parts.

Thanks for the info .

#7384 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

new light up panel

Wich one did you use / where did you buy it? I doo like the gauges mod a lot. much better than the washed out allover illuminated one. It'S crisp. Really nice!

#7385 6 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Wich one did you use / where did you buy it? I doo like the gauges mod a lot. much better than the washed out allover illuminated one. It'S crisp. Really nice!

So I purchased the basic panel from Lighted Pinball Mods: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/01035-the-getaway-highspeed2-hs2-colored-led-speakerpanel-basic

With the basic panel, you only get white light (although it still has a remote and has about 10 brightness levels) and no speaker lights (I was able to make my existing ones fit). Also, you actually utilize your existing speaker panel plastic, unless you want to purchase a new one at an additional cost from LPM. When you use your own, it is up to you to decide where to remove the black backing so that light shines through (FYI, I actually used the new panel on my desk as a backlight so that I could see where to remove the black backing). I have chosen, for now at least, to remove from behind all of the switches and gauges, as well as the lettering that designates what the switch/gauge is. I think that this is actually how the one you purchase from LPM is in addition to theirs letting the dashboard cover light up, but their photos have lots of ambient light so it makes it look like the entire panel is lit up.

I did find these examples, but these were early and don't show the lettering or the dashboard cover lit up:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-this-thread-may-cost-you-money-comments-please/page/4#post-3389319
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-this-thread-may-cost-you-money-comments-please/page/9#post-3740316

#7386 6 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Thanks for the info .

As a point of clarification, I "detached" the ramp assembly from the playfield to perform the rivet job, and did not do it while in place - I think spell correct got me on that one.

Also, don't know if you have an Ace Hardware where you live, but like I mentioned I've since found the correct rivet type there. My store has a section in back with hundreds of little bins/drawers with all kinds of various fasteners, spacers, etc. where the rivets were. FYI, I can't tell you how many pinball fixer upper parts I've been able to use from this section in Ace.

#7387 6 years ago

FYI, I made a couple of updates to my Mixed Artist Pinsound mix available here (v7 in the list): http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/22-getaway

After I played several times, I didn't really care for "Breaking the Law" by Judas Priest, so replaced that tune with "Cars". Also, made a couple of other minor tweaks (extended one song that was too short, changed intro point for another, etc.)

#7388 6 years ago

Thought I'd give the speedo speaker magnets a try. I think I like them better than just the red rings.

before.jpgbefore.jpg
IMG_6149.jpgIMG_6149.jpg
IMG_6151.jpgIMG_6151.jpg

#7390 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

They look sharp.

I like them, but not sure what the fellas over in the "Rainbow Puke Club" thread would think overall about all of my lighting mods.

At least I use white in all GI (that's their #1 pet peeve).

#7391 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I like them, but not sure what the fellas over in the "Rainbow Puke Club" thread would think overall about all of my lighting mods.

Screw them, they hate my stuff too. Not one word about my new mod from them though, I kinda feel unloved now.

#7392 6 years ago

I ordered a new playfield. My old playfield has some insert wear, but that’s it.
Am I crazy? If you are doing a swap, or have done one, can you post pics of your old playfield? I’d love to see how much wear you guys have on yours.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

92CCAF98-425B-446A-AB24-A02B69680BFA (resized).jpeg92CCAF98-425B-446A-AB24-A02B69680BFA (resized).jpeg

58E7701A-4BA2-4276-842C-84760EFD05EF (resized).jpeg58E7701A-4BA2-4276-842C-84760EFD05EF (resized).jpeg

#7393 6 years ago

What's the deal with the lock ramp. I can't hit it from a caught/stopped ball on the right flipper but I can make it if I play a live ball correctly. Is this on purpose or is my flipper too weak?

#7394 6 years ago
Quoted from bimm25i:

What's the deal with the lock ramp. I can't hit it from a caught/stopped ball on the right flipper but I can make it if I play a live ball correctly. Is this on purpose or is my flipper too weak?

It sounds like your flippers need to be rebuilt. You should be able to make that shot from a trapped ball

#7395 6 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I ordered a new playfield. My old playfield has some insert wear, but that’s it.
Am I crazy? If you are doing a swap, or have done one, can you post pics of your old playfield? I’d love to see how much wear you guys have on yours.

My playfield is the same. No visible wear except around the inserts and i bought a new playfield. I fully restored my Getaway and the playfield was the only thing that wasnt perfect. Yes, we are nuts. lol

#7396 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

My playfield is the same. No visible wear except around the inserts and i bought a new playfield. I fully restored my Getaway and the playfield was the only thing that wasnt perfect. Yes, we are nuts. lol

Thanks superbee. Has there been any resolution to your playfield issue?

#7397 6 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

No your not crazy, if you can afford it more power to you. You can sell the old one, someone would buy it and fix it.

#7398 6 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

None from the maker, you get what you get. Just wait at least 6 months before you install it to see if an issues pop up.

#7399 6 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Unfortunately no resolution from the manufacturer. I actually never spoke to Peter about this as its not really his fault. When your dealing with wood and plastic together, sometimes shit happens. The insert lifting is very minor so i think i have 3 choices here. Carefully warm up the inserts and using a deep throated clamp and wood, try to level them perfectly again and then epoxy the inserts underneath, have it sanded level and recleared (may still happen again from what im being told) or just say fuck it and install the playfield the way it is. I honestly dont think it would affect ball travel as the lifting is so minor. More worried about long term wear around the inserts from the slight edge. Some say that the clear might even level out over time once the clear settles. Also, the clear doesnt seem to have cracked at all around the inserts.

#7400 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

None from the maker, you get what you get. Just wait at least 6 months before you install it to see if an issues pop up.

Wow, 6 months? Is that really necessary? Is there a recommended way to store it in the interim?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/148 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.