• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4875 (resized).jpeg
get2 (resized).jpg
get3 (resized).jpg
get1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4154 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt_la_canyons_15-4-120-14-24-33 (resized).jpg
IMG_4302 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
media-pinball-display-mounting-bracket (resized).jpg
IMG_7017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpeg

There are 13,738 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 275.
#7301 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I didn't think that the getaway ever came mylared. Must have been an after thought.

Check the pop bumper area for factory mylar

#7302 6 years ago

Well, I have my first fitting for my light up speaker panel, and it is pretty awesome!

Significant work, however. I opted to mod my existing plastic which took some effort carefully cutting out the black backing to allow the light through to the gauges. As you can see by the pics, I actually used the new light up panel as a light table so I could see where to score and remove backing that covered all the gauges. Then actual installation required some thought since I wanted to utilize my red speaker lights (resembles Diablo tail lights), and since I have upgraded speakers that require custom standoff’s, not to mention I’ve replaced the tiny right speaker with a larger one that matches the left (the hole is smaller on panel, and mounts are different.

I’m noticing some white light bleed around the speakers and DMD, so I will work on this tomorrow. I also still have to figure out the relay since the instructions don’t match exactly what I received. Even so, very happy with how it looks, and another couple hours of work should make it just about perfect.

4102D0BC-3A29-4E54-8781-3B6F271DFCFF.jpeg4102D0BC-3A29-4E54-8781-3B6F271DFCFF.jpeg
AE98EF0F-C5A4-4562-8F21-DF582FE2EA12.jpegAE98EF0F-C5A4-4562-8F21-DF582FE2EA12.jpeg
8B60FC6F-A29F-4B28-8C95-FBF87A51F2DD.jpeg8B60FC6F-A29F-4B28-8C95-FBF87A51F2DD.jpeg
E7D80808-87CE-44D7-A56F-FB8FD387081E.jpegE7D80808-87CE-44D7-A56F-FB8FD387081E.jpeg
CAD557F1-FD1F-4CC2-8750-CD543FC0865C.jpegCAD557F1-FD1F-4CC2-8750-CD543FC0865C.jpeg
FF750D0C-0251-4355-B21B-BEDABA9E23B9.jpegFF750D0C-0251-4355-B21B-BEDABA9E23B9.jpeg
E0F11BF6-8640-437F-978F-D0118A127F78.jpegE0F11BF6-8640-437F-978F-D0118A127F78.jpeg

#7303 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, I have my first fitting for my light up speaker panel, and it is pretty awesome!
Significant work, however. I opted to mod my existing plastic which took some effort carefully cutting out the black backing to allow the light through to the gauges. As you can see by the pics, I actually used the new light up panel as a light table so I could see where to score and remove backing that covered all the gauges. Then actual installation required some thought since I wanted to utilize my red speaker lights (resembles Diablo tail lights), and since I have upgraded speakers that require custom standoff’s, not to mention I’ve replaced the tiny right speaker with a larger one that matches the left (the hole is smaller on panel, and mounts are different.
I’m noticing some white light bleed around the speakers and DMD, so I will work on this tomorrow. I also still have to figure out the relay since the instructions don’t match exactly what I received. Even so, very happy with how it looks, and another couple hours of work should make it just about perfect.

Looks good, that's a bunch of work.

#7304 6 years ago

Nice...

#7305 6 years ago

Good work Mr T . Looks awesome !!

#7306 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

...that's a bunch of work.

I'm cheep, what can I say. Purchasing the new plastic would have been much easier and saved several hours, but I had fun doing the project. Already up early this morning touching up and finalizing everything since we're having company tonight.

For those of you considering this mod, I wanted to let you know that you can see on the back of the panel that my circles are far from perfect (my straight lines are because I used a straight edge when scoring). However, when you turn the panel over it looks perfect and you can't tell. I just tried to keep it as close as I could to the full circular graphic.

Now just need to make time to get some significant work done on my Pin2DMD colorization project.

#7307 6 years ago

For you guys who have already installed a lighted speaker panel, can you please point me to the directions on how to connect the relay to the game so that the panel powers off when I turn off the pin?

#7308 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I'm cheep, what can I say. Purchasing the new plastic would have been much easier and saved several hours, but I had fun doing the project. Already up early this morning touching up and finalizing everything since we're having company tonight.
For those of you considering this mod, I wanted to let you know that you can see on the back of the panel that my circles are far from perfect (my straight lines are because I used a straight edge when scoring). However, when you turn the panel over it looks perfect and you can't tell. I just tried to keep it as close as I could to the full circular graphic.
Now just need to make time to get some significant work done on my Pin2DMD colorization project.

Nice work.

You could use/buy a circle template used for mechanical drawing and an exacto knife with a small blade, it may do the trick.

I understand that but I bought the panel cover so I could leave my original intact just in case I ever wanted to put it back to OG, not that it will happen because my son has already called dibs on the Getaway...

Not sue how you connected yours but my power comes from the service box which is plugged into the relay which is then plugged into the panel

#7309 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Not sue how you connected yours but my power comes from the service box which is plugged into the relay which is then plugged into the panel

This is how I have it wired except the one point I don’t understand is the long white cable that plugs into the relay board. It has two wires (red and black) with red having a bare end and black having a screw hole connector. I obviously have to connect this to the game somehow since I am sure that is what sends the signal to the relay that game power is on.

#7310 6 years ago

Made all of the adjustments I wanted, and now looks even better. Still trying to figure out relay install, but until then I will just use remote for on/off. Even looks awesome during day, and can’t wait to see it at night.

45847902-6D06-44FC-87E5-109D52AA2230.jpeg45847902-6D06-44FC-87E5-109D52AA2230.jpeg
AB1AB3F1-37EA-4F0E-A07D-363010EB78F2.jpegAB1AB3F1-37EA-4F0E-A07D-363010EB78F2.jpeg

#7311 6 years ago

That looks bad ass! As far as the power on and off, if you have the power supply plugged into the service outlet it will always be on. You are using the remote to turn off the lights but power supply is still on costing you electricity. The best way is to change the outlet to switch on and off with the power switch.

#7312 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

That looks bad ass! As far as the power on and off, if you have the power supply plugged into the service outlet it will always be on. You are using the remote to turn off the lights but power supply is still on costing you electricity. The best way is to change the outlet to switch on and off with the power switch.

Mine is plugged in the service outlet and only turns on/off when power on/off my machine, I'll look T and let you know ASAP

#7313 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Yes, but they supply a relay board that has a cable that somehow connects to your circuitry. There is a connection from the service outlet to the relay board, then from the relay board to the light panel and also from the relay board to a cable that should connect somewhere on the pin that detects when power is on/off. When the relay detects that the pin is on then it allows power to pass from the outlet to the light panel. Small thing, but I would like for it to work. I just don't want to start connecting wires where they shouldn't be.

#7314 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Nice work.
You could use/buy a circle template used for mechanical drawing and an exacto knife with a small blade, it may do the trick.

Thanks for the advice, good idea next time I need to cut circles.

#7315 6 years ago

power (resized).jpgpower (resized).jpg

relay (resized).jpgrelay (resized).jpg

light panel (resized).jpglight panel (resized).jpg

#7316 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Made all of the adjustments I wanted, and now looks even better. Still trying to figure out relay install, but until then I will just use remote for on/off. Even looks awesome during day, and can’t wait to see it at night.

To bad you couldn't get the parts on the top of the panel cut out and lit up.

206568dea95039fb8eda473ea11061f1473e2eb9 (resized).jpg206568dea95039fb8eda473ea11061f1473e2eb9 (resized).jpg

#7317 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I thought about it, but no turning back. I'm going to start with just the gauges then at some point may do the dashboard top as well. I believe this pic is the panel you can buy from him that comes w/o any black backing and is fully lit up.

#7318 6 years ago

Okay, mine is similar but a little difference since he's moved to an RF control for the lights instead of IR. So, you see that 6 pin molex plugged into the relay board? It has a black/red pair with white insulation that is a really long cable. I'm guessing from your third pic that the same white cable is shown coming up from the cabinet, and that this cable is somehow wired into what looks like some sort of white power supply (which I don't have).

I also found this video, but I don't speak French. The guy pointed everything out and came right up to the point, but never connected it. Start at 11:30 in the vid and you will see the long white cable I am referring to and the two wires it has. Again, I don't speak French, but looks like he is saying to ground the one via screw to the circuit board and the other to one of the molex connectors.

#7319 6 years ago

Didn't finish uploading pics

red power (resized).jpgred power (resized).jpg

ground (resized).jpgground (resized).jpg

#7320 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Didn't finish uploading pics

We have a winner! Awesome, as this is exactly what I needed - thank you!!!

#7321 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

He can still do that, if he wanted

#7322 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

We have a winner! Awesome, as this is exactly what I needed - thank you!!!

You're welcome, good luck! I know you this is stupid to say but make sure the machine is off when making these connections

#7323 6 years ago

This wall wart is powered 24/7 and cost money every month.

a123fb9ed2b0c0cf13dbb981c5fa5c06712b3fe6 (resized).jpga123fb9ed2b0c0cf13dbb981c5fa5c06712b3fe6 (resized).jpg

#7324 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

You're welcome, good luck! I know you this is stupid to say but make sure the machine is off when making these connections

Just got it all hooked up, and now panel comes on with pin is on and turns off when pin is off. BTW, I did all the work with the machine on while standing in water barefoot and wearing metal gloves (is there an emoji for smart@$$)?

Seriously, I truly appreciate you taking the time to help me and the pics were great!

#7325 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Previously, I mentioned I was cheap. However, I am also lazy. Sometimes those two things are diametrically opposed, so I just have to go one way or the other - in this case, lazy wins (well, until I notice a difference in my electric bill).

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7326 6 years ago

I would love to get one of these light up panels but the shipping to Canada is just ridiculous ! Im planning on going to Allentown this year so im hoping they will be there.

#7327 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I thought about it, but no turning back. I'm going to start with just the gauges then at some point may do the dashboard top as well. I believe this pic is the panel you can buy from him that comes w/o any black backing and is fully lit up.

Yes that's his panel but it still has the mask on the back.

#7328 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yes that's his panel but it still has the mask on the back.

Thanks for the clarification. Hard to tell since in a well lit room. Have you come across any pics in a dark room that shows what it looks like?

#7329 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Wonder how much that is a month?

#7330 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I wouldnt think it would be much .

#7331 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I wouldnt think it would be much .

I wouldn't either...

#7332 6 years ago

So im pretty bummed ! Looked at my new Getaway playfield and when i run my hand along the playfield i can feel that some of the inserts have raised ever so slightly. Not much, but you can feel it. Doesnt look like they have cracked the clear but this is not good. It was perfect a month ago when i got it. Anyone else having this issue ? Is this normal ? I know Paul has issues with his BOP.

#7333 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

So im pretty bummed ! Looked at my new Getaway playfield and when i run my hand along the playfield i can feel that some of the inserts have raised ever so slightly. Not much, but you can feel it. Doesnt look like they have cracked the clear but this is not good. It was perfect a month ago when i got it. Anyone else having this issue ? Is this normal ? I know Paul has issues with his BOP.

I have no idea, haven't bought any new PF but I hope it's ok

#7334 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just got it all hooked up, and now panel comes on with pin is on and turns off when pin is off. BTW, I did all the work with the machine on while standing in water barefoot and wearing metal gloves (is there an emoji for smart@$$)?
Seriously, I truly appreciate you taking the time to help me and the pics were great!

Glad to help

#7335 6 years ago

Thought I would let all you PinSounders know that I'm working on a new orchestration.

First Hint:

This group dropped their second album less than 6 months before Getaway was released (why I thought the band's music would be a good theme), and immediately impacted the musical landscape and left their mark on rock history forever.

#7336 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

For that little thing about 2 cents per month, if that even.

#7337 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Don't worry about it just keep it waxed, my BOP pf issue is a completly different problem.

#7338 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Hey MP, I thought you had an announcement coming (or did I miss it?)

Here it is, I just posted it last night, check out my topic. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/volcano-a-new-mod-from-mustangpaul Here's a sneak peek.

IMGA0218 (resized).JPGIMGA0218 (resized).JPG

#7339 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Here it is, I just posted it last night, check out my topic. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/volcano-a-new-mod-from-mustangpaul Here's a sneak peek.

Light it up, baby! Awesome work and creativity.

#7340 6 years ago

Second hint (this one will give it away):

Their album released just before Getaway had a cover that was pretty controversial with the parents (especially those with daughters), and it featured a swimming pool.

#7341 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Light it up, baby! Awesome work and creativity.

Thanks, now people have no excuse for missing the cup holder with their drink.

#7342 6 years ago

Third Hint:

Original 3 member band where when original group ended the drummer went on to lead his own band to greatness (however, didn't play drums in his new group), having earned four Best Rock Album Grammy Awards.

That's all for today, as I've been writing these hints while working on the orchestration. My first draft is completely done, just have to upload to USB, plugin, and give it a try to see what needs tweaking. Unfortunately, my time is up as we have guests coming soon. My hope would be to have completed by tomorrow and posted to PinSound forum for review & public access (not always quick).

Anyway, throw some guesses out there if you care to play my little game, and I'll try to check in late tonight.

#7343 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Thought I would let all you PinSounders know that I'm working on a new orchestration.
First Hint:
This group dropped their second album less than 6 months before Getaway was released (why I thought the band's music would be a good theme), and immediately impacted the musical landscape and left their mark on rock history forever.

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Second hint (this one will give it away):
Their album released just before Getaway had a cover that was pretty controversial with the parents (especially those with daughters), and it featured a swimming pool.

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Third Hint:
Original 3 member band where when original group ended the drummer went on to lead his own band to greatness (however, didn't play drums in his new group), having earned four Best Rock Album Grammy Awards.
That's all for today, as I've been writing these hints while working on the orchestration. My first draft is completely done, just have to upload to USB, plugin, and give it a try to see what needs tweaking. Unfortunately, my time is up as we have guests coming soon. My hope would be to have completed by tomorrow and posted to PinSound forum for review & public access (not always quick).
Anyway, throw some guesses out there if you care to play my little game, and I'll try to check in late tonight.

My guess...

album (resized).jpgalbum (resized).jpg

#7344 6 years ago

Ah, I didn’t think of that but it fits well. However all US natives in my group.

Not sure that album cover features a swimming pool, and what would parents find offensive about that artwork (FYI, the cover I described is an actual photo)?

PS, Love the vinyl collection.

#7345 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

This group dropped their second album less than 6 months before Getaway was released (why I thought the band's music would be a good theme), and immediately impacted the musical landscape and left their mark on rock histor

Cant be Genesis as they have been around since the 70`s.

Im thinking Nirvana Smells like Teen Spirit.

#7346 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Good lord I'm old!

#7347 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

New orchestration features all Nirvana tracks, many from the Nevermind album.

#7348 6 years ago

NirvanaNevermind01GbGb600 (resized).jpgNirvanaNevermind01GbGb600 (resized).jpg

#7349 6 years ago

Sorry, the name of the album is NEVERMIND. lol

#7350 6 years ago

I actually heard the guy on that cover interviewed on the 25th anniversary of the album. He was a good sport, but a lot of funny things in the interview about his naked baby pic being on millions of albums.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
There are 13,738 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/147 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.