• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 277.
#7151 6 years ago

Getaway club ? I,m looking for a Getaway pin,pinballs pitch n bats to trade or Cash .Also looking to restore my high speed need a playfield.The new Playfields for getaway are beautiful !!!
Thanks Ken

#7152 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I added a Pinduino controlled RGB strip to the SuperCharger ramp.

Is there a how-to that describes how I can "copy" that? Would love to!!!

#7153 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I got a rough video of my Pinduino controlled supercharger ramp LEDs uploaded:
» YouTube video
The ramp lights are still in attract mode when the game first starts. Watch for the shot up the supercharger ramp for the red "chase" effect.

Well done. I love the chasers!

#7154 6 years ago

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to my fellow Getaway brothers!

#7155 6 years ago

Same to you. Did Santa bring you anything pinball related?

#7156 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Same to you. Did Santa bring you anything pinball related?

Nope but I’m still working on Mrs. Claus that we need a 2nd pin.

#7157 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Ditto!

#7158 6 years ago

Merry Christmas fellow Getaway owners !!

#7159 6 years ago

About to get my first Getaway after new years.I like all the mods for this game.Mountain mod looks great ,but I noticed some look better than others ? Also donut mod ? Cars ?
Who has the best mods ?
Looking to do color dmd,full leds, lighted speaker panel, game was in a collection and wrapped n stored for 10 yrs,any suggestions on best roms etc ?
Thanks

#7160 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Well I hope you got her something nice, might make it easier to get that # 2 pin.

#7161 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Merry Christmas fellow Getaway owners !!

Merry Christmas Super.

Quoted from whitey:

About to get my first Getaway after new years.I like all the mods for this game.Mountain mod looks great ,but I noticed some look better than others ? Also donut mod ? Cars ?
Who has the best mods ?
Looking to do color dmd,full leds, lighted speaker panel, game was in a collection and wrapped n stored for 10 yrs,any suggestions on best roms etc ?
Thanks

With 80 games this is your first HS2.

Quoted from whitey:

Who has the best mods ?

I do.

#7162 6 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

ODD DOUBLE VIDEO MODE BUG.

SOLVED: Double Video Mode

I played a double video mode again the other day and now understand why. It was not a glitch.

Tournament Mode has deterministic "Burn Rubber" awards. If you have collected 3 burn rubber awards and have burn rubber lit for a 4th while having video mode lit (3rd Gear), you will be awarded back-to-back video mode when you collect. Burn Rubber and 3rd Gear!

#7163 6 years ago

New playfield slides work great. What an amazing difference from the old ones.

#7164 6 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

New playfield slides work great. What an amazing difference from the old ones.

absolutely. Can't believe I waited so long to fix that issue.

#7165 6 years ago

Agreed. Much better, but it’s one of those purchases I hate to make. Doesn’t make it look or play any better. No visual value.

#7167 6 years ago

Since I received an action camera for Christmas, I thought I would take some new videos of game play with various PinSound mixes. Setup is PinSound with upgraded stereo speakers and bass. The sound from the action camera is somewhat limited, but it gives a good idea of what the orchestrations are like (sound is significantly better in real life). Also, entire purpose of these videos was to demonstrate PinSound, so no snarky remarks about my gameplay!

Standard Orchestration:

ZZ Top Orchestration:

ZZ Top Techno Orchestration:

U2 Orchestration:

Mixed Artist "I Can't Drive 55" Orchestration:

Link to all my Getaway orchestrations: http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/22-getaway

#7168 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Merry Christmas Super.

With 80 games this is your first HS2.

I do.

Yes it's my first Getaway,there's a few games I haven't owned,Congo,BBB,TBL,BOP, pinball toys mountain mod looks better than other ones I've seen.

#7169 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Yes it's my first Getaway,there's a few games I haven't owned,Congo,BBB,TBL,BOP, pinball toys mountain mod looks better than other ones I've seen.

Yeah, the mold was made from the original prototype, they offered it painted and unpainted... at one point, not too long ago, I thought I saw a thread where they said they could make another run but I guess it never went anywhere.

#7170 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Who has the best mods ?
Thanks

Congrats! Mezel mods has a few toys, read through this forum and you will see a lot of good homemade add-ones, and I think you will find that most go with L2 ROM and many with L5 (there are posts here explaining the difference).

#7171 6 years ago

Put in some new waxed balls, waxed the play field, and changed the batteries. Plays much faster now. #ihaveshinyballs

618DD2E0-E8C9-4E87-B45F-5357A5FE9BC0 (resized).jpeg618DD2E0-E8C9-4E87-B45F-5357A5FE9BC0 (resized).jpeg

#7172 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Plays much faster now.

Quoted from Charger500:

changed the batteries.

Must be the the new batteries !

#7173 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Must be the the new batteries !

Shucks, beat me to it.

#7174 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Shucks, beat me to it.

Yeppers !

#7175 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Put in some new waxed balls, waxed the play field, and changed the batteries. Plays much faster now. #ihaveshinyballs

Looks to me like your balls are magnetized.

#7176 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks to me like your balls are magnetized

My wife says this to me all the time ..

#7179 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

My wife says this to me all the time ..

lol, hmmm....

#7180 6 years ago

OH! he said magnetized, I thought he said magnificent.

#7181 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

OH! he said magnetized, I thought he said magnificent.

mhm, you're going to have to change your name now to Mr. Magneto

#7182 6 years ago

Does anybody have any side-by-side comparison photos of the CPR Getaway backglass? I’d like to see how the colors look vs the original.

#7183 6 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

Does anybody have any side-by-side comparison photos of the CPR Getaway backglass? I’d like to see how the colors look vs the original.

Search the thread for “CPR” (if you haven’t already) and you will see some clear examples and honest feedback.

#7184 6 years ago

I really like the look of the Back Glass, some people did not like the low res but I think it looks great!

The last one is with the light up panel. too bad I can't get my machine to fire up, not sure what's going on....

Backglass old vs new 2 (resized).jpgBackglass old vs new 2 (resized).jpg
Backglass old 2 (resized).jpgBackglass old 2 (resized).jpg

Mars Lamp LED (resized).jpgMars Lamp LED (resized).jpg

#7185 6 years ago

Duplicate post

#7186 6 years ago

Of all the light up panels imho the getaway’s is the best

#7187 6 years ago

Morning all,
I'm just about to shop out my Getaway, is there anything to look out for?
Thanks

#7188 6 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

Morning all,
I'm just about to shop out my Getaway, is there anything to look out for?
Thanks

#7189 6 years ago

I’m trying to maximize my gameplay. At one of the pinball league nights I’m in, they have a Getaway. Trying to dominate it during league play. What do you all think about activating Secret Mania? Is it worth it?

#7190 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I’m trying to maximize my gameplay. At one of the pinball league nights I’m in, they have a Getaway. Trying to dominate it during league play. What do you all think about activating Secret Mania? Is it worth it?

No

#7191 6 years ago

Yo dudes, I just pulled one out of a barn in Alabama. Dead rat and everything. Its a DP though and operates with a few issues.

I was wondering if anyone had a line on a mezelmods mountain. I can only find them from overseas...

#7192 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Absolutely.not. What is worth it is taking advantage of free ride to step through the gears faster (along with opportunity for more points), also 5th gear only and hang to the left for video mode. How many balls and what kind of scores are you talking about?

#7193 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Absolutely.not. What is worth it is taking advantage of free ride to step through the gears faster (along with opportunity for more points), also 5th gear only and hang to the left for video mode. How many balls and what kind of scores are you talking about?

Are you talking about letting the ball drain on purpose to help get through the tach/gears more quickly? If so, I'd say no, never... especially in a tournament/league setting.

#7194 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Quoted from tiltmonster:

Are you talking about letting the ball drain on purpose to help get through the tach/gears more quickly? If so, I'd say no, never... especially in a tournament/league setting.

All the pins in league play are set to 3 balls. 1 extra ball is allowed. If any more extra balls are earned, you have to plunge and drain them. We are playing using IFPA rules, with the finals counted toward your IFPA standings. We play 5 different pins each night. We have 7 league nights, one every two weeks, with the best 5 nights counting. We play in groups of 3 or 4 against each other for points.

I have been purposely draining to advance gears, timing the ball save time. Works to get through the gears quicker, trying to activate each feature along the way; video mode, supercharger, red line mania. I find my highest scores come that way vs. never using the ball save.

#7195 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I think never using this strategy may be strong if you know the game well.

When 2 balls are locked it can take a long time to register the drain with the trough empty. Avoiding it in this situation seems like good advice. In a multi-player game that will be more frequent. On L-2 and L-5 code, if it is allowed and 2 balls are not locked I feel like it is pretty safe. If you don't know the code or know it is L-1, I would consider avoiding it.

ROM REVISION ........................................... L1 L2 L5
Standard generous free ride time ......................N Y Y

tiltmonster is your concern about the danger of not getting a relaunch or that it shouldn't be allowed? It doesn't seem particularly fair when registering the drain timing changes depending on how many balls are in the trough, but on the other hand it does reward a player with more detailed game knowledge.

#7196 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty6point2:

When 2 balls are locked it can take a long time to register the drain with the trough empty. Avoiding it in this situation seems like good advice. In a multi-player game that will be more frequent. On L-2 and L-5 code, if it is allowed and 2 balls are not locked I feel like it is pretty safe. If you don't know the code or know it is L-1, I would consider avoiding it.
tiltmonster is your concern about the danger of not getting a relaunch or that it shouldn't be allowed? It doesn't seem particularly fair when registering the drain timing changes depending on how many balls are in the trough, but on the other hand it does reward a player with more detailed game knowledge.

This is all in an effort to get a better score, since I suck at playing. Yes, I would be careful to see how it is timed before attempting it in league play. On mine, I can get 3 purposed drains most of the time before it goes out. After Red Line Mania, and a 2nd round of gears, the time is shorter. I'm using L-5.

#7197 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Yes, and I've watched tournament play videos where this feature was enabled and players used it to the fullest (it can be risky depending upon timing). Hey, I'm never to proud to take advantage of any loopholes. If it is a "rule" then I'm sure there is a way to disable the feature. Also, as others have stated, the situation may dictate when to try this or not. With one or two balls locked, you can sometimes get 3 drains in lower gears and 2 in higher. With 2 balls locked, I've had drains with the light still flashing for what seemed like 2-3 seconds and I ended up losing the ball (which is why I never drain in this situation).

What also helps scoring it taking advantage of the supercharger whenever possible (i.e. make the shot instead of messing around). Nothing like up to a cool 10M throughout the game to boost scores. Finally, practice multi-ball and getting to the super jackpot as this can add up to 100M per SJ. Once you understand what is required, it is not too terribly difficult with any luck keeping at least 2 balls alive.

#7198 6 years ago

FYI, did some quick searching and here is a YouTube of the IFPA 7 World Pinball Championship on the Getaway in 2010. Play close attention starting at 1:05 and then at 13:12 and you will see purposeful center ball drains by both players to take advantage of the Free Ride (probably in other spots too, these are just two times I saw it skimming through the video).

Bottom line, I think it is fine. Bush league? Maybe. Within the rules? Definately. Do you have to use this to get high scores? Of course not. Hey, I respect how anyone wants to play as long as it is within the rules. Heck, I might even learn something watching them. If you care about what others think or their impression of you (typically, not an issue with me), then maybe this is not your move. If you want to be competitive as can be and win within the rules presented (quite typical of me), then you should perfect this move. What I bet happens if you begin to use this strategy is that others start copying you!

#7199 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty6point2:

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

FYI, did some quick searching and here is a YouTube of the IFPA 7 World Pinball Championship on the Getaway in 2010. Play close attention starting at 1:05 and then at 13:12 and you will see purposeful center ball drains by both players to take advantage of the Free Ride (probably in other spots too, these are just two times I saw it skimming through the video).
» YouTube video
Bottom line, I think it is fine. Bush league? Maybe. Within the rules? Definately. Do you have to use this to get high scores? Of course not. Hey, I respect how anyone wants to play as long as it is within the rules. Heck, I might even learn something watching them. If you care about what others think or their impression of you (typically, not an issue with me), then maybe this is not your move. If you want to be competitive as can be and win within the rules presented (quite typical of me), then you should perfect this move. What I bet happens if you begin to use this strategy is that others start copying you!

Perhaps you're right but I'm not a fan of intentionally draining to get more spots on the rpm. I know it's within the "rules" and maybe it's just me but it's painful to watch someone draining the ball 2-3x in a row before they start to play the game.

#7200 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Perhaps you're right but I'm not a fan of intentionally draining to get more spots on the rpm. I know it's within the "rules" and maybe it's just me but it's painful to watch someone draining the ball 2-3x in a row before they start to play the game.

Well then, if you and I ever go head-to-head at a game of Getaway we'll just have to be sure to agree upon the rules before pressing the start button (or turning the key if we're playing mine).

Also, bet if you were pumping quarters in it at an arcade you might reconsider.

BTW, been meaning to ask you about your Avatar. Were you / are you into BMX (assumption on my part based on the bike, as I know nothing about the sport), a fond childhood memory, or just a cool bike that you like?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/144 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.