• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 277.
#7101 6 years ago

Wondering if you guys can help me out. During the initial test on startup, I get a diverter error. When I go through the supercharger test, the diverter opens and closes with no problem. But when playing the diverter just stays closed all the time (except for maybe 1 in 20 games it will open up and the supercharger works). Otherwise it just bypasses the supercharger.

I checked the opto on the "on ramp"in the switch test and it seems to work fine... but during play if I block the opto, nothing happens.

Would love to have anyone's ideas on what might be wrong.... one question I have though is at what point is the diverter supposed to be open? Does it open only when supercharger is lit, or does it open when supercharger is lit and a ball passes the opto?

#7102 6 years ago

That was beyond funny Grump ! Thanks for the laugh ! Made my day.

#7103 6 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

Wondering if you guys can help me out. During the initial test on startup, I get a diverter error. When I go through the supercharger test, the diverter opens and closes with no problem. But when playing the diverter just stays closed all the time (except for maybe 1 in 20 games it will open up and the supercharger works). Otherwise it just bypasses the supercharger.
I checked the opto on the "on ramp"in the switch test and it seems to work fine... but during play if I block the opto, nothing happens.
Would love to have anyone's ideas on what might be wrong.... one question I have though is at what point is the diverter supposed to be open? Does it open only when supercharger is lit, or does it open when supercharger is lit and a ball passes the opto?

To begin with, when "open" the diverter moves to the left so that the route of the ball is around the supercharger loop. The diverter will only "open" when one of the two SC ramp lights are on and a ball passes the opto (not before). When running L2 firmware (I can't speak for the others), at the beginning of the game the SC light will be on, so any ball making it past the ramp opto will trip the gate and route the ball around the SC, so should be easy to test. Otherwise, the ball is diverted to the left around the hairpin turn and down the wire frame to the left flipper. Also, if you hit a weak shot up the SC ramp when one of the lights is on past the opto but not high enough to hit the first magnet, it will trip the gate open when ascending and then trip it closed when descending and passing the opto on the way down (at least it's my perception that the opto being triggered as the ball descends is what closes the diverter).

Now then, if you are saying that during game play with one of the two SC ramp lights on that when a ball passes the opto that the gate does not open, then I am confused how it works perfectly in test mode and not in game play (sorry, I know that doesn't help you). Honestly, in that situation, it sounds like an opto to me. Can you take the glass off, start a game, get the SC ramp light lit, and then block the opto to see if it trips the gate (just pass something by it, as you don't have to hold it there)? Quickly pass something by a second time and I think the diverter should close.

The solenoid test will open/close the diverter (solenoid #01) repeatedly, so what happens when you do this? Additionally, you should try the switch test for opto functionality. The opto at the base of the SC ramp that trips the diverter is #84 (called different things in manual and on DMD, but #84 is correct). Put in test mode on this switch number, then pass something between the optos (your finger, a business card, etc.)to see if it consistently opens and closes (closed is default, open when path between optos is blocked). Personally, I have replaced all 5 pairs of SC optos on mine (ramp entrance, 3 magnets, and one above tunnel hole), as they were the source of constant problems (all have worked perfectly since I replaced them months ago).

If you find the solenoid to be erratic, I would suggest the following as it relates to the optos:
- If stuck open, make sure nothing is out of alignment, as there needs to be a line of site between the two
- Clean both the transmitter and receiver with cotton swab and alcohol
- Double check wiring and make sure there are no shorts, loose wires, bad solders, etc.
- Buy 5 new opto pairs and replace them all ASAP (will take some soldering skills)
- If you don't need new brackets: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=964
- Current brackets are broken, screw hole is stripped, or you just want new ones: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=167

Hope this helps, and please report back.

#7104 6 years ago

^^What he said.^^ I had opto problems. It turned out to be the opto receiver and not the transmitter but I changed both, with TheOnlyest big help. Same symptoms.

#7105 6 years ago

I thought we are all friends here. Just wondering why some don't show their location and also make their collection private. I get privacy, but come on! How am I supposed to plan my world travels with destinations based upon me being able to show up at your house uninvited to play your pins?

#7106 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

That was beyond funny Grump !

Yeah, until I clicked on the link when I was at work!

#7107 6 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

Make sure diverter/ramp is set to broken off... A2 - 15 and A2 - 16, then as Mr T said, check optos.

A general switch test is simplest way to test all the switches, you can just touch each switch (break opto light as mentioned above) to see if they register.

#7108 6 years ago

Thanks for the responses everyone.

during the switch test, it registers when I break the opto beam, but during gameplay, when I break the beam (with the SC light on), the diverter does not open to the left. also during solenoid test, it opens and closes the diverter with no problem.

Based on that I did do a factory reset and still got the "diverter error" at startup. I'll play around a bit more with it this evening and see what else might be causing the issue. Might end up just changing the opto anyways to see if that helps.

#7109 6 years ago

So during testing, everything works and responds correctly, but during gameplay it does not. One would think that if it was a mechanical or electronic issue then it would fail at all times. I do find the "diverter error" at startup intriguing even though the diverter works.

Did you clean the optos? Also, did you "play" by hand instead of real game play to force the action you want (I wonder if the optos are week and the ball is not tripping it at speed)?

Everything I've read from other on the topic seems to come down to opto replacement, but I don't want to steer you wrong. Going to need someone with more experience than me to chime in at this point.

#7110 6 years ago

Just another comment to Mr Tantrum’s point, i get the diverter error on occasion if I get enough balls that head up the ramp but not enough speed to hit the ramp optos. Seems more prevalent when non pinheads come to play as there shots aren’t as accurate.

#7111 6 years ago

I have the diverter error. Even though it operates fine. I took it all apart, cleaned optos, still have the error, still plays fine. That said its annoying and I'd prefer to fix it.

#7112 6 years ago

I added a Pinduino controlled RGB strip to the SuperCharger ramp. Right now I have it programmed to be off during normal game play but then have a fast red chase effect that follows the ball as it whips around. Pretty impressed with it. I'll take a video when I have a chance. The attached picture is just during attract mode which has the strip fading through colors.

IMG_9404.JPGIMG_9404.JPG

#7113 6 years ago

Nice. Would love to see a video of this if you can make one.

#7114 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I added a Pinduino controlled RGB strip to the SuperCharger ramp. Right now I have it programmed to be off during normal game play but then have a fast red chase effect that follows the ball as it whips around. Pretty impressed with it. I'll take a video when I have a chance. The attached picture is just during attract mode which has the strip fading through colors.

I love my MP inspired SC led strip that is hooked into the middle intake flasher. Really adds to the light show. Would love to see your pinduino in action on video.

#7115 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

If it's anything like the Party Zone one posted it will be awesome and I can't wait to see it!

EDIT: wrong person noted as posting in another thread.

#7116 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

If it's anything like the Party Zone one you posted it will be awesome and I can't wait to see it!

Just saw that Party Zone video- that was lyonsden himself. Looks awesome! For Getaway I currently just have a single LED strip hooked up for the supercharger ramp so less effects. My real job is seriously impacting my pinball lifestyle right now so it'll be the end of the week before I'm back to take a video.

#7117 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Just saw that Party Zone video- that was lyonsden himself. Looks awesome! For Getaway I currently just have a single LED strip hooked up for the supercharger ramp so less effects. My real job is seriously impacting my pinball lifestyle right now so it'll be the end of the week before I'm back to take a video.

I always have thought of hooking three strips up to the flashers, alternating them like the three on the supercharger are, so that they appear to be chasing.

Nice job on the pinduino.

#7118 6 years ago

This is in my MIL’s basement bar. I could have it if I could just get it 850 miles home. Would be sweet to hook it up to the pin’s traffic light. Yea, it’s a real traffic light.

C8CD6DA9-F117-451C-A4FB-26664A386DC1 (resized).jpegC8CD6DA9-F117-451C-A4FB-26664A386DC1 (resized).jpeg

#7119 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

This is in my MIL’s basement bar. I could have it if I could just get it 850 miles home. Would be sweet to hook it up to the pin’s traffic light. Yea, it’s a real traffic light.

Now there's a Getaway topper! Would be awesome to have it coordinate with the stoplight in the game.

What state is she in? If closer to me, maybe I could have it?

#7120 6 years ago

Its funny, this is exactly what im doing. I just finished restoring an old traffic light and had a custom stand made for it. Im going to be hooking it up to work with the traffic light in the game. Already have the relays and all the wiring i need. Just going to wait until i put in the new playfield and do it then. Should be awesome!

stoplight (resized).jpgstoplight (resized).jpg

#7121 6 years ago

If I had a bigger game room I’d hook up an original to mine. I have a 40” in my garage with the sequencer. They’re not that expensive.

A8365CD3-0D90-494A-88E1-64DBF590DA5D (resized).jpegA8365CD3-0D90-494A-88E1-64DBF590DA5D (resized).jpeg

#7124 6 years ago

Anybody know the part number for switch 17 Freeway Bottom? The manual says 5647-12693-19 but it's not that switch and has a bend in it. I have some 5647-12693-19 on hand and thought about remounting it with that switch but it puts it really close to the edge of the playfield. I attached the picture of switch 17 that I removed from HSII. Thanks, Jason

IMG_1458 (resized).jpgIMG_1458 (resized).jpg

#7125 6 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

Anybody know the part number for switch 17 Freeway Bottom? The manual says 5647-12693-19 but it's not that switch and has a bend in it. I have some 5647-12693-19 on hand and thought about remounting it with that switch but it puts it really close to the edge of the playfield. I attached the picture of switch 17 that I removed from HSII. Thanks, Jason

I did some more googling and found the answer:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-playfield-offset-switch-problem

Switch 17 is part number: 5647-12073-33

#7126 6 years ago

Teaser... :b
Did a complete disassembly and restauration of a getaway. First time i did this - a one-time experience, which began in 2014. No compromises so far. I'll post more, when done. I expect it to last about six more months.

01 (resized).jpg01 (resized).jpg
02 (resized).jpg02 (resized).jpg

03 (resized).jpg03 (resized).jpg

#7127 6 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Teaser... :b
Did a complete disassembly and restauration of a getaway. First time i did this - a one-time experience, which began in 2014. No compromises so far. I'll post more, when done. I expect it to last about six more months.

The inside of that cabinet looks awesome, can't wait to see the rest of your restoration!

#7128 6 years ago

Nice work so far !!

#7129 6 years ago

Guess what was waiting for me when i got home today ?
Its absolutely stunning !! Thanks so much Peter. Its the last thing my Getaway needed after a full on restore to take it over the top.
IMG_20171220_172230 (resized).jpgIMG_20171220_172230 (resized).jpgIMG_20171220_174137 (resized).jpgIMG_20171220_174137 (resized).jpgIMG_20171220_174255 (resized).jpgIMG_20171220_174255 (resized).jpgIMG_20171220_174305 (resized).jpgIMG_20171220_174305 (resized).jpgIMG_20171220_174312 (resized).jpgIMG_20171220_174312 (resized).jpgIMG_20171220_174334 (resized).jpgIMG_20171220_174334 (resized).jpg

#7130 6 years ago

Congratulations Superbee! That Playfield looks awesome!

#7131 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Its the last thing my Getaway needed

Sooo Shineeee.

#7132 6 years ago

Thanks guys. Its soo nice ! Photos just do not do it justice !

#7133 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Sooo Shineeee.

My wife says that us men are like little children. Obsessed with "shiny" things ! I just looked down at her "shiny" wedding ring and laughed as i walked away from her without saying a word.

#7134 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I just looked down at her "shiny" wedding ring and laughed as i walked away from her without saying a word.

She is going to put you in a TIME OUT.

#7135 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Its absolutely stunning !! Thanks so much Peter. Its the last thing my Getaway needed after a full on restore to take it over the top.

LUCKY! hope mine is coming shortly, just so I can stare at it

#7136 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

She is going to put you in a TIME OUT.

We`ve been married for 26 years and i think she has truly learned the art of selective hearing so i think im safe from the couch tonight. For now.

#7138 6 years ago

Do any of you guys own a Medieval Madness? I'm looking for a small favor.

#7139 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Do any of you guys own a Medieval Madness? I'm looking for a small favor.

I have one

#7140 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Beautiful. Now just set it somewhere where you can admire it for a couple months while it cures. I sure hope what happened to my BOP pf doesn't happen to your new pf, my problem took 9 months for it to show up.

#7142 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

We`ve been married for 26 years and i think she has truly learned the art of selective hearing so i think im safe from the couch tonight. For now.

If you like, you can ship it to me and I'll store it in my house. I have a great spot a few inches under the glass of my Getaway cabinet.

#7143 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

If you like, you can ship it to me and I'll store it in my house. I have a great spot a few inches under the glass of my Getaway cabinet.

You wish !!

#7144 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Beautiful. Now just set it somewhere where you can admire it for a couple months while it cures. I sure hope what happened to my BOP pf doesn't happen to your new pf, my problem took 9 months for it to show up.

Yeah, i remember you saying that. Im praying that doesnt happen. Have you heard of anyone else having this problem with petes playfields ? Wonder if it was BOP issues only ? Do you have a photo of how it looks now ?

#7145 6 years ago

They playfields planetary sells... are these peters?

#7146 6 years ago

If they are The Getaway, F14 Tomcat , or BOP then yes.

#7147 6 years ago

I got a rough video of my Pinduino controlled supercharger ramp LEDs uploaded:

The ramp lights are still in attract mode when the game first starts. Watch for the shot up the supercharger ramp for the red "chase" effect.

#7148 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

» YouTube video
The ramp lights are still in attract mode when the game first starts. Watch for the shot up the supercharger ramp for the red "chase" effect.

Damn! That's looking sweet, well I'd be interested in knowing if you can control the lighting effects and color combos but there goes more money...!

#7149 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Damn! That's looking sweet, well I'd be interested in knowing if you can control the lighting effects and color combos but there goes more money...!

Thanks! RGB LED strips are infinitely controllable with a Pinduino- color, effect, which LEDs on the strip to turn on, intensity, speed for effects, etc. The red chase effect I’m using is just the tip of the iceberg; check out the Pinduino thread for some videos of much cooler effects on other games.

Pinduino intercepts your flasher signals so you can trigger any effect off of a specific flasher.

#7150 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

» YouTube video

Nice work sir, that looks killer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 20.00
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/143?hl=charger500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.