• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 277.
#7051 6 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

That won't happen. I'm 68

Fair 'nuff but you also have an engine hoist which seems safer to me than the garage door method.

#7052 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Design would need to also work with the backbox lighting positioning.

That's one of the main issues with the alternative translites, they mostly don't marry up with the GI and Flasher locations. I had one on my now departed STTNG and it was WAY off

#7053 6 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

LOL. I'd use my engine hoist for that.

That would work sooooo much better. I had to tie the rope to a pool table leg till I got the 2 wire supports in place.

#7054 6 years ago

Im not worried about lights as I can knock up my own light board.
Understand the car model differenves but its the best option.
I get so frustrated with graphics on decals and translights...heaps of ideas but lack the knowhow to pit on paper.(or 1mm mylar)!

#7055 6 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

Fair 'nuff but you also have an engine hoist which seems safer to me than the garage door method.

I'm just going to block the playfield up, no need to remove it to change the slides.

#7056 6 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

I'm just going to block the playfield up, no need to remove it to change the slides.

When you do that knock out the big bolts and repaint them.

#7057 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

When you do that knock out the big bolts and repaint them.

Then they will be the best looking part of the cabinet. lol

#7058 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

That's one of the main issues with the alternative translites, they mostly don't marry up with the GI and Flasher locations. I had one on my now departed STTNG and it was WAY off

That simple fact has prevented me from buying ANY alt backglasses

#7059 6 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

. . . I can knock up my own light board.

Okay, that's an interested brag, and a little insensitive given today's sexual harassment climate. (I assume you meant "mock up" or "knock out")? BTW, in case you don't know me well enough yet, all fun and games here in the Getaway thread - nothing personal, just horsing around.

#7060 6 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Then they will be the best looking part of the cabinet. lol

It's a start then.

#7062 6 years ago

Just about finished with my playfield swap, turned out great!

IMG_2439 (resized).JPGIMG_2439 (resized).JPG

IMG_2440 (resized).JPGIMG_2440 (resized).JPG

IMG_2441 (resized).JPGIMG_2441 (resized).JPG

IMG_2442 (resized).JPGIMG_2442 (resized).JPG

IMG_2443 (resized).JPGIMG_2443 (resized).JPG

#7063 6 years ago

Looks amazing!! I'm so jealous ! Still waiting for my playfield. Is your from the latest run or from the original run a couple of years ago? How was the dimpling and pre drilled holes ?

#7064 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Is your from the latest run or from the original run a couple of years ago? How was the dimpling and pre drilled holes ?

This was from the original run and there was no pre drilled holes. I'm glad there is another run of these for those that did not get into the first run. The clear on these is amazing.

#7065 6 years ago

I can't wait for mine to arrive. Wait a couple of months for the clear to harden and then dig in !

#7066 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I can't wait for mine to arrive. Wait a couple of months for the clear to harden and then dig in !

I just emailed Peter yesterday, said they are picking up the next batch this week sometime.

#7067 6 years ago

Hello to all

Sorry the delay but we have had problems with clear coating.
The problems are solved and the next laod of playfields is clear coated.
I have been to the paint shop today and saw them. The are still a bit to fresh to transport them,
I will fetch them on Monday the 18th. We will get them packed and sent out before the holidays.
I appologize the delay, but I didnt want to send them out just like that.

We are very happy and motivated that you are satisfied with our work.

Regards from Hamburg
Peter
http://www.buthamburg.de

#7068 6 years ago

I took this off the left side of the playfield just to see whats bent on it and it's the channel at the end.
I think that after it was straightened in a vice if the notch that I'm pointing to was welded closed it wouldn't bend ever again.
I have new ones coming though but it would be worth a try to someone that can't get new ones.

Getaway slides 002 (resized).JPGGetaway slides 002 (resized).JPG

Getaway slides 001 (resized).JPGGetaway slides 001 (resized).JPG

#7069 6 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

I think that after it was straightened in a vice if the notch that I'm pointing to was welded closed it wouldn't bend ever again.

Its pot-metal, extremely hard if not impossible to weld. Even if you managed to get weld to stick, it would break right off under any strain.
The new style type are made of good mild-steel, and could be welded, but wont crack or break in the first place.

#7070 6 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

I appologize the delay, but I didnt want to send them out just like that.

Thanks Peter, im glad you are taking your time to make sure they are done right.

#7071 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

The new style type are made of good mild-steel, and could be welded, but wont crack or break in the first place.

Yep, for the cost its better to just replace and be done with it.

#7072 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Its pot-metal, extremely hard if not impossible to weld. Even if you managed to get weld to stick, it would break right off under any strain.

Not pot metal, bent mild steel with a galvanized coating. Pot metal is used when molds are used to make objects like the front fender and rear quarter panel extensions on my 70 Mustang. He could grind the coating off and weld away.

#7073 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

They are not pot metal, if they were it would not be possible to straighten them.
Pot metal is porous and breaks.

#7074 6 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

They are not pot metal

Well, mine were!

#7075 6 years ago

Die cast metal can be repaired but you need to be extremely careful with the temperature of the weld as it has low melting point compared to mild steel. It does seem a bit odd why those rails would be die cast but i've seen some crazy shit in my time

#7077 6 years ago

Allow me to summarize:

- Old ones are junk and made out of some type of low quality metal (may even vary by machine)
- Repaired or not repaired, they are still cheap junk that will fail again
- New ones are relatively cheap, made out of a superior material to the originals
- Better get your new ones while they are still available since there's a run on them at PBL

#7078 6 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Just about finished with my playfield swap, turned out great!

Beautiful pics, but you need to pay my friend Eric at Titan Pinball a visit to get hooked up with all new silicon rings and flipper rubbers. Colors and material really complete the playfield, and let you implement a little more of your own still (e.g. I switched things up and went with all clear posts from the original red (just like yours), all red rings, blue lower flippers (it surprised me how good blue looks as it brings out the blue in the lower playfield), and yellow upper flipper). Yours appear to be old school rubber from the pics. Nothing wrong with that if such is your preference, of course, but I've had great experience with Titan products and love the play of them.

#7079 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Allow me to summarize:
- Old ones are junk and made out of some type of low quality metal (may even vary by machine)
- Repaired or not repaired, they are still cheap junk that will fail again
- New ones are relatively cheap, made out of a superior material to the originals
- Better get your new ones while they are still available since there's a run on them at PBL

That's why I posted a possible repair. For when they are no longer available.

#7080 6 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

That's why I posted a possible repair. For when they are no longer available.

Yeah, I don't know, mine are the original lifts and they still work fine, I think if you take your time lifting the PF they may last but that's not to say I'm not tempted to swap them out it's just not high on my priority list.

#7081 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Yeah, I don't know, mine are the original lifts and they still work fine, I think if you take your time lifting the PF they may last but that's not to say I'm not tempted to swap them out it's just not high on my priority list.

I could lift mine just fine, the problem was putting it back down.
I had to pry on the left slide to get it to move.

#7082 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Yeah mine are original and are perfect too. Same with my Jackbot.

#7083 6 years ago

Hey MP, I thought you had an announcement coming (or did I miss it?)

#7084 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah mine are original and are perfect too. Same with my Jackbot.

Didn't only the early builds have the crappy slides?

#7085 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yeah Paul, what the dillio ?

#7086 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Okay, that's an interested brag, and a little insensitive given today's sexual harassment climate. (I assume you meant "mock up" or "knock out")? BTW, in case you don't know me well enough yet, all fun and games here in the Getaway thread - nothing personal, just horsing around.

Mate..we say knock up over here and it has multiple meanings depending on who you are talking too. I can see how you took it the wrong way !!
Wait till I knock up an aussie flavoured pinsound mix

#7087 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

what the dillio ?

I need the American translation.

#7088 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

What's the deal (yo), the yo is optional...

#7089 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

For Jackbot or my new mod?

#7090 6 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Didn't only the early builds have the crappy slides?

No idea.

#7091 6 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Mate..we say knock up over here and it has multiple meanings depending on who you are talking too. I can see how you took it the wrong way !!
Wait till I knock up an aussie flavoured pinsound mix

Can't wait to here a Getaway soundtrack backed by a didjeridu, bullroarer, and bum-leaf . . . Oi Oi Oi!

#7092 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

For Jackbot or my new mod?

New mod you mentioned coming.

#7093 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Quoted from tiltmonster:

What's the deal (yo), the yo is optional...

#7095 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Is this what you were talking about.

Just watched and......I was totally NOT expecting that ! LOL

#7096 6 years ago

Im still laughing my ass off.

#7097 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

New mod you mentioned coming.

The pieces, 4 for each unit, I'm ordering 75 units are being laser cut and should be done by Wed of next week. Then I can start hand assembly. I just hope people have what's needed to put my mod into. I hope to let the cat out of the bag over the Christmas holiday. This thing took me 5 months and about 6 protos to perfect.

#7098 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

The pieces, 4 for each unit, I'm ordering 75 units are being laser cut and should be done by Wed of next week. Then I can start hand assembly. I just hope people have what's needed to put my mod into. I hope to let the cat out of the bag over the Christmas holiday. This thing took me 5 months and about 6 protos to perfect.

Intriguing.

#7100 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Well now... lol!

Yeah I fell for it too, just wish there was an instructional vid.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/142?hl=charger500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.