• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 277.
#7001 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

they are as good as new.

lol... Not! After a few lifts, they will be jacked up again.

#7002 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

lol... Not! After a few lifts, they will be jacked up again.

Well then, they are literally "as good as new" since they were crap to begin with when they were actually new! Therefore, I stand by my declaration!

Unfortunately, already sent my wish list to Santa, so may have to wait until the new year for replacements.

#7003 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well then, they are literally "as good as new" since they were crap to begin with when they were actually new!

This is a valid point.

#7004 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well then, they are literally "as good as new" since they were crap to begin with when they were actually new! Therefore, I stand by my declaration!
Unfortunately, already sent my wish list to Santa, so may have to wait until the new year for replacements.

Yeah, I don't about that, I've heard Santa buys/makes himself gifts sometimes....

#7005 6 years ago

Does anybody know the story of why there is 1 yellow rubber post. From the original flyer it looks like it is on the left side of the supercharger entrance. Really odd that there is only one and I would think it would go under the street light.

#7006 6 years ago

Interesting. Mine are both black. The flyer may have been a pre-production test mule. If you look at the shifter picture you see the headlight graphic on the front. That’s a giveaway that those pics were of the first run. The headlights aren’t on later models. Also the RPMs are not labeled. Early run.

#7007 6 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Does anybody know the story of why there is 1 yellow rubber post. From the original flyer it looks like it is on the left side of the supercharger entrance. Really odd that there is only one and I would think it would go under the street light.

The original design had a yellow 7/8" post sleeve on the left side and black 1 1/16" on the rest of the posts. There are questions of why they used a shorter thicker sleeve on the left side... but most people have switched out that sleeve at this point.

#7008 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Interesting. Mine are both black. The flyer may have been a pre-production test mule. If you look at the shifter picture you see the headlight graphic on the front. That’s a giveaway that those pics were of the first run. The headlights aren’t on later models. Also the RPMs are not labeled. Early run.

No, well yes on that pic but it's the way newer versions shipped too, mine had the yellow sleeve on the left side but when I put new rubber on the pin I swapped it out, as most owners have done.

#7009 6 years ago

To make the left loop-shot a little harder, the yellow post sleeves on the game it’s a little wider

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#7010 6 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

To make the left loop-shot a little harder, do yellow post sleeves on the game it’s a little wider

+1

#7011 6 years ago

Good info. Thanks for clarifying. Of course I was talking out my @$$. My posts there seem like they are 3” wide. I’m always hitting those damn things and going SDTM!

#7012 6 years ago

They came yesterday. Install soon.

9C5F172E-CDE2-454D-92D3-6CFFB909386A (resized).jpeg9C5F172E-CDE2-454D-92D3-6CFFB909386A (resized).jpeg

66F6DA8A-A493-421D-A920-970E4EAB2668 (resized).jpeg66F6DA8A-A493-421D-A920-970E4EAB2668 (resized).jpeg

#7013 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I need to do that to mine. The left one is all screwed up
Where did you find them? Marco only has the left side, if I'm going to change them out I want to do both sides.

#7014 6 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

I need to do that to mine. The left one is all screwed up
Where did you find them? Marco only has the left side, if I'm going to change them out I want to do both sides.

It appears to be Pinball Life (invoice is in the picture).

#7015 6 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

It appears to be Pinball Life (invoice is in the picture).

Thanks, I couldn't find them on his site. Sent Terry an email.

#7016 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Mine also arrived. These are really moving off pinball lifes shelf now that the word is out.

#7017 6 years ago

Ok another easy question. My Getaway has 2 blue square rubbers. One on each habitrail at the bottom where the ball drops.

Somewhere i read the game has 3 blue rubber squares. Where does the 3rd belong? It plays as expected so maybe 2 is the right number? Thanks!

#7018 6 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

Ok another easy question. My Getaway has 2 blue square rubbers. One on each habitrail at the bottom where the ball drops.
Somewhere i read the game has 3 blue rubber squares. Where does the 3rd belong? It plays as expected so maybe 2 is the right number? Thanks!

Outhole

Outhole 1 (resized).jpgOuthole 1 (resized).jpg

#7019 6 years ago

Thanks. Guess i should have asked while i had it apart. Lol

#7020 6 years ago

Great, now I have to run upstairs and look to make sure mine has one. Thanks a lot!

Update | Whew, it does have it. Really wish I could do something about this OCD of mine.

#7021 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Did somebody just get their floors shined? They look nice. Is that real wood or laminate?

#7022 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Did somebody just get their floors shined? They look nice. Is that real wood or laminate?

That’s real oak. Refinished them a few years ago when we updated the kitchen. Turned out nice. Thanks.

#7023 6 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Thanks, I couldn't find them on his site. Sent Terry an email.

The parts are A-17749.1-1 for the left and A-17749.1-2 for the right.

#7024 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

The parts are A-17749.1-1 for the left and A-17749.1-2 for the right.

Thanks, got them in my cart.

#7025 6 years ago

Damn, these new glides are so smooth. Didn’t know they were supposed to work this nice. Glad I did it. Worth the cost. Tightened the cab bolts while in there.

00C971EC-AC33-44ED-AC4F-1D39E558C7F5 (resized).jpeg00C971EC-AC33-44ED-AC4F-1D39E558C7F5 (resized).jpeg

718E1725-6E17-477A-832A-17D0CD3057A5 (resized).jpeg718E1725-6E17-477A-832A-17D0CD3057A5 (resized).jpeg

#7026 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Damn, these new glides are so smooth. Didn’t know they were supposed to work this nice. Glad I did it. Worth the cost. Tightened the cab bolts while in there.

How did you support the playfield when you changed them?

#7027 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

WTG! And you wont be gouging up the inside of your cab anymore either...

#7028 6 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

How did you support the playfield when you changed them?

I set the playfield on the sled-type rails on the cabinet floor and used two bungee cords around the head. Before now that was the only was to keep it up.

#7029 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

WTG! And you wont be gouging up the inside of your cab anymore either...

Yep. Thanks for the wealth of knowledge once again, Onlyest!

#7030 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I set the playfield on the sled-type rails on the cabinet floor and used two bungee cords around the head. Before re now that was the only was to keep it up.

You did it by yourself?

#7031 6 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

You did it by yourself?

SWMBO helped hold it up while I strapped it.

#7032 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

SWMBO helped hold it up while I strapped it.

I'll figure something out

#7033 6 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

You can run the guides on top of the studs and get the play field vertical resting on the wood rail. This is the way I have always done it with faulty rails. Pretty stable, but you could always run bungie around backbox for insurance.

#7034 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I set the playfield on the sled-type rails on the cabinet floor and used two bungee cords around the head. Before now that was the only was to keep it up.

Nice work !

#7035 6 years ago

I’m looking to add Getaway competition Roms to my game. I have no way to burn these, is there anyone out there who does or know who is able to burn these. Thanks in advance for any assistance. Dan

http://tinyurl.com/ychdyrw9

#7036 6 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

I just use 2x4's stacked under the upright pf then shim it for the final lift.

#7037 6 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

I’m looking to add Getaway competition Roms to my game.

Never heard of these ? What are they ?

#7038 6 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

I’m looking to add Getaway competition Roms to my game. I have no way to burn these, is there anyone out there who does or know who is able to burn these. Thanks in advance for any assistance. Dan
http://tinyurl.com/ychdyrw9

Try Matt

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1083-matt-s-basement-arcade

#7039 6 years ago

Hi. Looking for an alternate translight the car one not the bimbo. Not having any luck with ministry of pinball any other sellers out there?

#7041 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Never heard of these ? What are they ?

They are revision ROMS to L-5 that fix the bug in multiball , remove secret mania which causes wierd things to happen in a multi player game and takes away random awards.

#7042 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I just use 2x4's stacked under the upright pf then shim it for the final lift.

That would probably be what I do

#7043 6 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

That would probably be what I do

I did this with my Jackbot when I removed the pf, the lift rails came right off no problem. LOL I did this though to sand the inside of the cabinet walls down so I could put mirror blades on. My garage door motor came in handy.

IMGA0347 (resized).JPGIMGA0347 (resized).JPG

IMGA0348 (resized).JPGIMGA0348 (resized).JPG

#7044 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I did this with my Jackbot when I removed the pf, the lift rails came right off no problem. LOL I did this though to sand the inside of the cabinet walls down so I could put mirror blades on. My garage door motor came in handy.

LOL. I'd use my engine hoist for that.

#7045 6 years ago

Or you just reach in and lift the playfield out with two hands

#7046 6 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

Or you just reach in and lift the playfield out with two hands

That won't happen. I'm 68

#7047 6 years ago

Just ordered a set.

#7048 6 years ago

For those replacing the rails, I'd recommend using a few new screws on each side to hold the rail onto the pf. There are enough holes that don't match up where it is easy to predrill a small hole and put at least one additional new screw in there.

#7049 6 years ago

That's a good idea. The two there now are machine screws into threaded metal receivers. Wouldn't hurt to add a pan head wood screw on each. Agree to predrill a smaller hole than the screw, and to make sure the screw is shorter than the thickness of the playfield.

#7050 6 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Hi. Looking for an alternate translight the car one not the bimbo. Not having any luck with ministry of pinball any other sellers out there?

While I can't help you, my comment would be is that the alternate translates all seem to have Ferrari models on them when the Getaway car is clearly designed after a Lamborghini Diablo of the era (Steve Ritchie had one at the time and even drives it in the Getaway promo video).

I would be curious in making my own one day maybe, but I've never researched how to have them printed. Design would need to also work with the backbox lighting positioning.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Trade
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 20.00
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/141?hl=pkrobin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.