• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 277.
#6901 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

but still don't know when I will get to your house.

Just ship it down, I'll pay postage.

#6902 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I really think Paul and Grumpy should get a room. Spare us all the love....

Ha, Grump is a good guy who knows his stuff, always a pleasure to have come down from waaaaay up north.

Quoted from Mancave:

Sure you're not an Aussie Paul?

Positive, I'd know if I were upside down. And another reason is I don't understand the slang you guys use.

#6903 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Sure you're not an Aussie Paul?

Aussie, no. Arse, the jury is still out.

#6904 6 years ago

I created a new thread (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gray-vinyl-switch-cover-medium#post-4083500), but only one response from a Canadian thus far (not that I mind, but don't want to pay shipping from there for such a small part). Anyway, I just recently noticed for the first time that I'm missing a switch cover like below on the exposed switch at top right near tunnel. I can't seem to find them in stock anywhere, so was wondering if anyone had one they would be willing to part with for a modest fee?

cover.jpgcover.jpg

Update: Please ignore as TheOnlyest has provided the info I needed.

#6905 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I created a new thread (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gray-vinyl-switch-cover-medium#post-4083500), but only one response from a Canadian thus far (not that I mind, but don't want to pay shipping from there for such a small part). Anyway, I just recently noticed for the first time that I'm missing a switch cover like below on the exposed switch at top right near tunnel. I can't seem to find them in stock anywhere, so was wondering if anyone had one they would be willing to part with for a modest fee?

Thats not the cover you need, its this one, and in stock.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9672
Check to see if this is still on the switch, if not, order one of these too... http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-10636

#6906 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Aussie, no. Arse, the jury is still out.

Ouch ! Lol

#6907 6 years ago

First off, thanks. You guys have single handedly helped me fix every single issue I had on my newish-to-me getaway I bought a while back.

Well except the last one. I was having the famous intermittent right flipper issue. The one where the flippers will just not respond or the top right will fire while the bottom won't and vice versa. With some digging, I discovered that one of the previous owners had wired a new flipper cabinet switch and instead of installing the rare gold contact low voltage version, had the standard Williams setup. Well, I ordered the new proper switch, I am getting ready to fire up the soldering iron to finally tackle the last thing left, and I looked at the switch wiring. I exclaimed a four letter expletive.

You see, the current switch only has two wires soldered to it. The one I ordered has three prongs that look like they get soldered to something.

Would one of you be so kind as to snap a photo of the right flipper switch? This would be a huge help to see how to wire this exactly and try to come up with a solution for that missing wire.

Thanks in advance. As always, you guys rock!

#6908 6 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Would one of you be so kind as to snap a photo of the right flipper switch?

Here it my right switch. Blue wire on the cabinet side, orange wire in the middle and black wire on the inside .
MVIMG_20171122_161525 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20171122_161525 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20171122_161323 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20171122_161323 (resized).jpg

#6909 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Here it my right switch. Blue wire on the cabinet side, orange wire in the middle and black wire on the inside .

Thanks for providing that, but that's what I was afraid of. Any suggestions anyone?

#6910 6 years ago

What wires do you have attached right now ? Not sure if you have the manual but this might help.

flipper 1 (resized).jpgflipper 1 (resized).jpgflipper 2 (resized).jpgflipper 2 (resized).jpg

#6911 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Thats not the cover you need, its this one, and in stock.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9672
Check to see if this is still on the switch, if not, order one of these too... http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-10636

Thank you. As always, you're the man! BTW, clip is there, just no cover.

#6912 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

What wires do you have attached right now ? Not sure if you have the manual but this might help.

Thanks brother. I got it! I went into the spare parts bin and found an older switch with the three wires and molex connection and just snipped it and soldered it on. I'm right as rain!

#6913 6 years ago

Awesome! Now get to playing pinball.

#6916 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Smart arse, that is.

Well just wait till you see the new mod I have coming out if ya want to see something smart.

#6917 6 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving, Pinheads!

FD13EE45-E2A9-41C4-8A58-44BABF04427C (resized).jpegFD13EE45-E2A9-41C4-8A58-44BABF04427C (resized).jpeg

#6918 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well just wait till you see the new mod I have coming out if ya want to see something smart.

Intriguing.

#6919 6 years ago

Yup. I got the proto back yesterday, a couple of changes and it will be good to announce. Nothing else like it (if you can believe it) on the market like it.

#6920 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup. I got the proto back yesterday, a couple of changes and it will be good to announce. Nothing else like it (if you can believe it) on the market like it.

Looking forward to it Paul. Maybe nitrous gauge......

#6921 6 years ago

Original and alternate translites still avail if anyone needs. Buyer backed out.

#6922 6 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Looking forward to it Paul. Maybe nitrous gauge......

Nope, it's not game specific, could go on a 50's - 2017 and beyond game.

#6923 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Nope, it's not game specific, could go on a 50's - 2017 and beyond game.

Hmmmm.

#6924 6 years ago

For Mt Tantrum

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#6925 6 years ago

The white spot is the ceiling fan light.

#6926 6 years ago

#6927 6 years ago

Drinking and driving, safely at home.

4D5DB123-3F50-446B-9245-E3826D3302E2 (resized).jpeg4D5DB123-3F50-446B-9245-E3826D3302E2 (resized).jpeg

EF043AEC-6EC3-4E7E-BE99-12FB97A517B2 (resized).jpegEF043AEC-6EC3-4E7E-BE99-12FB97A517B2 (resized).jpeg

#6928 6 years ago

What’s the going rate range for a getaway?
I’m thinking about parting with mine, but I haven’t watched the market on this game.

#6929 6 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I’m thinking about parting with mine, but I haven’t watched the market on this game.

Marketplace on here has them between $2500 and $3000

#6930 6 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I paid $2600 for mine just over a year ago.

#6931 6 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Marketplace on here has them between $2500 and $3000

Here in TX, people are asking more but I think low to mid $2K's is fair before restoration and tasteful upgrades.

#6932 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Here in TX, people are asking more but I think low to mid $2K's is fair before restoration and tasteful upgrades.

Isn't Texas and Florida always lower on prices?

#6933 6 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Isn't Texas and Florida always lower on prices?

Well, no state income tax, fuel is typically lower here, and overall cost of living is lower compared to other places. However, pinball has really taken off and I see people asking premiums (and I assume getting them) for most machines. As usual, if you have a Getaway in perfect working order, I think a bargain for a buyer would be low $2K range, but wait for the right person and you could possibly fetch $3K. With restoration and upgrades you could do even better. I bought mine a year an a half ago or so (losing track of time) for $2.1K but it needed both mechanical and cosmetic work. With everything I have done to it and the condition it is in now, I would want a premium of $3.5K to even think about selling it (which I wouldn't).

#6934 6 years ago

I sold mine for $4350 delivered

#6935 6 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I sold mine for $4350 delivered

Yes, but yours had everything including chrome plating, right? Even so, proabably like I will be in that I have more into my Getaway than it is worth, but was happy to spend money on it as my first pin.

BTW, Are you a Vol football fan? You guys are hosed with regards to getting a good coach now.

#6936 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yes, but yours had everything including chrome plating, right? Even so, proabably like I will be in that I have more into my Getaway than it is worth, but was happy to spend money on it as my first pin.
BYW, Are you a Vol football fan? You guys are hosed with regards to getting a good coach now.

Oh yes it had it all. Color DMD. Pinsound. All that chrome.

No I’m an alumni of the University of Memphis

#6937 6 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

No I’m an alumni of the University of Memphis

Then happy day for you!

#6938 6 years ago

Wow 6936 posts in this topic.

I very new to pin side. I can't imagine this hasn't been covered. Searching for a solution to my Getaway serving up two balls took me to a lot of discussion of different ROMs, As I never changed ROMS I didn't think it could be my problem. I remembered one time my em Fireball did that and, it turned out to be a switch in the ball trough. I removed the apron hoping it could be a simple switch adjustment or bad switch. It turned out even simpler than a switch. Some how an extra ball had gotten into the machine. Fortunately it still had the label to install 3 balls, I could have chased my tail if not for that label. Removed the extra ball and it is working fine again. BTW I normally don't pay attention to ROM version, Mine is Rev L5.

IMG_4317 (resized).JPGIMG_4317 (resized).JPG

#6939 6 years ago

Here is a question probably answered else ware, but as I said I'm new here, and having trouble getting the hang of searching this wealth of information.

Those with sharp eyes may have noticed one horizontal line missing on my display. Is the problem generally the display it self, or the circuitry that controls it?

IMG_4320 (resized).JPGIMG_4320 (resized).JPG

#6940 6 years ago
Quoted from dcannan:

Here is a question probably answered else ware, but as I said I'm new here, and having trouble getting the hang of searching this wealth of information.
Those with sharp eyes may have noticed one horizontal line missing on my display. Is the problem generally the display it self, or the circuitry that controls it?

It’s usually the display itself. If you didn’t know, many times you can see if it is the original display if it still has serial number that matches in your cabinet. If so it’s likely time. I’m still on my original display! Used good ones can be had for $50-75 if you don’t want to spend the bucks on a new one or nice ColorDMD.

#6941 6 years ago

Another pin sider pmd me telling me how to test the ram, and offered to help me fix it if that was the problem. Test passed, It doesn't bother me that much. I going to live with it for now. I will probably look for a replacement next time I get to a show.

#6942 6 years ago
Quoted from dcannan:

Another pin sider pmd me telling me how to test the ram, and offered to help me fix it if that was the problem. Test passed, It doesn't bother me that much. I going to live with it for now. I will probably look for a replacement next time I get to a show.

Connect it to one of your other Bally/Williams DMD games and see what it does. If it does the same, you'll know the DMD has an issue! If it does work in another game, swap the ribbon cable from another game into Getaway and see what happens.
Troubleshooting stuff like this gets a whole lot easier when you own 47 pins, and 3 others that use this same display!

#6943 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Connect it to one of your other Bally/Williams DMD games and see what it does. If it does the same, you'll know the DMD has an issue! If it does work in another game, swap the ribbon cable from another game into Getaway and see what happens.
Troubleshooting stuff like this gets a whole lot easier when you own 47 pins, and 3 others that use this same display!

Thanks for the advice, 25 years ago I was repairing boards to the component level. Swapping boards among machines to locate a problem all the time. Now at 66 years old, my eyes are not as good, hands not as steady. Just getting back into things, and earlier this year I blew up a rectifier board changing a fuse with the power on. Sometimes it sucks getting old, unless it means you bought all of your games before the hobby became popular. I may follow your suggestion in the future, but for now to these old eyes the game still looks ok.

#6944 6 years ago

The Onlyest has good advice. He’s told me I give horrible advice which is likely true. But he does give good advice!

#6945 6 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

He’s told me I give horrible advice

Hmm, that doesn't sound like me!

#6946 6 years ago

Welcome back, dcannan . You have a great collection of pins. You could open an arcade!

#6947 6 years ago
Quoted from dcannan:

Wow 6936 posts in this topic.
I very new to pin side. I can't imagine this hasn't been covered. Searching for a solution to my Getaway serving up two balls took me to a lot of discussion of different ROMs, As I never changed ROMS I didn't think it could be my problem. I remembered one time my em Fireball did that and, it turned out to be a switch in the ball trough. I removed the apron hoping it could be a simple switch adjustment or bad switch. It turned out even simpler than a switch. Some how an extra ball had gotten into the machine. Fortunately it still had the label to install 3 balls, I could have chased my tail if not for that label. Removed the extra ball and it is working fine again. BTW I normally don't pay attention to ROM version, Mine is Rev L5.

Welcome to the club! Dang, you trying to own a pin for each year old you are or something? Great collection, and wish I lived in your area as I would find a way to invite myself over. You will find some experienced and wealth of knowledge Getaway owners here, as well as relative newbies such as myself. Search is your friend, but many of us don't mind answering the same questions from years past if you have trouble finding what you are looking for.

#6948 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Counting my pins. Are you my ex wife's lawyer? Actually, I'm glad you did. I checked the list and found a couple of errors. The list shows Game Plan's Real, and Chuck-a -Luck. Actually the same game. I bought the game as chuck-a luck and removed the pf overlay revealing Real. I guess I should show Chuck a Luck as a game I've owned. I have also never owned Game Plan, Rio. I also got kick happy and clicked on Apollo and Blast Off. I only own Apollo. Also see I clicked on Ice show twice, I only own one. I think it is accurate now.

#6949 6 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Here is something to compare to: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/56044

Also, if not aware, can look through here for ones that have sold on Pinside: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive?s=1&ad_machine_key=207

#6950 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Hmm, that doesn't sound like me!

Yeah, TheOnlyest's previous avatar was an angel, but something about it made him look a little suspect.

angel.jpgangel.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/139?hl=dcannan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.