• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 277.
#6851 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I’m up for a friendly challenge. My replay is set at 72 million, where replay gets an extra ball.
Here are my settings;
Getaway settings
All factory settings except the following;
A.1
.01 5 balls
.03 10
.04 Off
.14 replay award; extra ball
.15 special award; points
.20 custom message on
.23 time and date
.24 show
.25 dim no
.26 no
.28 yes
.29 off
A.2
.12 photo shoot on
A.3
.17 free play yes
A.4
.09 reset every OFF
.10 00
.11 00
.12 00
.13 00
.14 00
U.4 time and date
U.5 message

Well, just had a great 3-ball game for me at 387M+

Got through two gear cycles but no super jackpots

IMG_1129.JPGIMG_1129.JPG

#6852 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

For those of you who don't spend much time perusing the other threads, I thought I would bring this to everyone's attention regarding one of our regulars, SUPERBEE: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-need-some-advice-about-letting-my-best-buddy-go#post-4018632

Yeah I posted on it. Man 17 is a long time for a dog, they were blessed to have each other for that long.

#6853 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

For those of you who don't spend much time perusing the other threads, I thought I would bring this to everyone's attention regarding one of our regulars, SUPERBEE: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-need-some-advice-about-letting-my-best-buddy-go#post-4018632

Yeah I posted on it. Man 17 is a long time for a dog, they were blessed to have each other for that long.

Thanks so much guys. Really appreciate your thoughts. Its been a crazy weekend for me but i did just respond on that thread. Wont get into all the details here but Gizmo is home resting comfortably . Pain meds are really helping. Dont know how long we are going to have him but every day more will be a blessing.

#6854 6 years ago

I hope the pain meds are working well enough. Is he moving around at all?

#6855 6 years ago

My thoughts are with you, Gizmo, and your family. Your post touched me. Hoping for the best. My dog Winston, a mini sproodle, is a big part of our family. I can't imagine what it will be like when it's his time to leave us.

1 week later
#6856 6 years ago

Hey guys, I’m selling a few mods I took off my HS2. I’ve got the Donut Heaven mod and the small lighted police car, both by Mezel Mods. I’m asking $50 for both of them, plus $5 for shipping in the continental U.S. They both work fine, just decided to take my pin back to stock. If you check the Mezel Mods website the Donut Heaven costs $60 and the lighted police car costs $50, so this is a deal.

2B356F5F-4B70-4290-8C85-B0A0F9E01553 (resized).jpeg2B356F5F-4B70-4290-8C85-B0A0F9E01553 (resized).jpeg

08B38C8B-AFC1-4D12-9CC5-A0616195CCA0 (resized).jpeg08B38C8B-AFC1-4D12-9CC5-A0616195CCA0 (resized).jpeg

#6857 6 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Hey guys, I’m selling a few mods I took off my HS2. I’ve got the Donut Heaven mod and the small lighted police car, both by Mezel Mods. I’m asking $50 for both of them, plus $5 for shipping in the continental U.S. They both work fine, just decided to take my pin back to stock. If you check the Mezel Mods website the Donut Heaven costs $60 and the lighted police car costs $50, so this is a deal.

Great deal

#6858 6 years ago

Great deal Budman!

#6859 6 years ago

Who is on the list for a repro playfield? Anyone heard from Peter yet ? Im assuming they should be shipping soon.

#6860 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Who is on the list for a repro playfield? Anyone heard from Peter yet ? Im assuming they should be shipping soon.

I have one coming as well. Haven't heard any updates from Peter.

#6861 6 years ago

I have one coming too. The last I heard on 7 Oct, was that they were in the paint shop getting finished clear. So stands to reason that we are at least a month out...

#6862 6 years ago

I am interested in a reproduction playfield as well, I have not read this whole thread to know, who do I need to contact about getting one? Thank you for your help

#6863 6 years ago
Quoted from Tinnhound:

I am interested in a reproduction playfield as well, I have not read this whole thread to know, who do I need to contact about getting one? Thank you for your help

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hsii-getaway-high-speed-ii-repro-playfield-pre-order-2017

#6864 6 years ago

Bought the mods from 'Budmanpinfan'. Fast shipping and well packaged. Kudos!

#6865 6 years ago

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

My name is Jason/"SDTMinSTL" and I am a proud Getaway owner finally. Looking forward to reading back through the thread and getting some much needed hints and help. Saw some of the mods you guys are running! Awesome. My head is spinning with wants already. Haha.

#6866 6 years ago

Congrats SDTMinSTL

#6867 6 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

My name is Jason/"SDTMinSTL" and I am a proud Getaway owner finally. Looking forward to reading back through the thread and getting some much needed hints and help. Saw some of the mods you guys are running! Awesome. My head is spinning with wants already. Haha.

Welcome!

#6868 6 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Welcome. I hope yours is in good shape. There's all kinds of mods ready made and some you can make yourself in past pages.

#6869 6 years ago

Welcome SDTM. Grab a chair and crack a cold one. Lots of great Getaway reading here. Post some photos of your when you can.

#6870 6 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Pics or it didn't happen. :0

#6871 6 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Welcome @STDMinSTL I see you also have a BSD. I had a chance to get one of those, but passed and found Getaway instead.

#6872 6 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Congrats, and welcome to the group.

#6873 6 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

You need some peeps in your DH. Check out my posts then PM me if you want more info.

1 week later
#6874 6 years ago
Quoted from psychopat:

Hey guys, I finally got my project Get Away completed! This was a complete restoration and I also got almost every mods out there for it. Thanks again to Mr_Tantrum for some of his custom stickers and Pin sound contribution. This was one crazy project! Even managed to get an invisiglass for it.

Your getaway kicks ass!!! Nice job!!

#6875 6 years ago

Hey, Speeders. Seems like dust has been collecting on the Lambo, so I thought I'd try and get get things going and burn the carbon out of the carburetor. Let's go!

On a game this morning, I noticed that the lock ramp is staying up all the time now. I hear and see that it seems to be trying to go down when conditions are met to bring it down; it seems to try and then stay up. It states there is an Up/Down Ramp Error. That's all I have for right now. I will look at a switch test to see if I have a switch problem. Was working great up until now. Any help on what switch to look for, if you know off the top of your head. Otherwise I'll dig through the manual. I will do a T.14 ramp test as well. Suggestions on where to start appreciated. I haven't had to use a soldering iron on this for a long time.

#6876 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Hey, Speeders. Seems like dust has been collecting on the Lambo, so I thought I'd try and get get things going and burn the carbon out of the carburetor. Let's go!
On a game this morning, I noticed that the lock ramp is staying up all the time now. I hear and see that it seems to be trying to go down when conditions are met to bring it down; it seems to try and then stay up. It states there is an Up/Down Ramp Error. That's all I have for right now. I will look at a switch test to see if I have a switch problem. Was working great up until now. Any help on what switch to look for, if you know off the top of your head. Otherwise I'll dig through the manual. I will do a T.14 ramp test as well. Suggestions on where to start appreciated. I haven't had to use a soldering iron on this for a long time.

I don't know if this is similar to your situation or not, but here was my past experience with ramp issues:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/93#post-3543568

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/94#post-3544351

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/94#post-3544810

#6877 6 years ago

Switch test is easy so start there but sounds to me like you'll want to have a look at the mechanism and see what's going on. There are videos if you aren't sure what you are looking at.

My pf is out right now if you need a pic.

#6878 6 years ago

Thanks for the replys. I'll start looking into it tonight. I hope this is a simple one. I want to have it working during the Turkey Day break.

#6879 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

burn the carbon out of the carburetor.

I think you mean carbon off the valves. If you have carbon in the carburetor you've got BIG problems.

#6880 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I think you mean carbon off the valves. If you have carbon in the carburetor you've got BIG problems.

Of course. I was fudging my way through that statement.

#6881 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Of course. I was fudging my way through that statement.

#6882 6 years ago

Diablo is FI

#6883 6 years ago

Another misstatement on my part. I'm a hack.

#6884 6 years ago

Merciless bunch here, aren't we?

PS: I know there are a couple of restorations going on, would love to see updates on them.

#6885 6 years ago

I'm still waiting for my new playfield. It will be the last thing I need to put my Getaway over the top. Hoping to get it any day now.

#6886 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I'm still waiting for my new playfield. It will be the last thing I need to put my Getaway over the top. Hoping to get it any day now.

Don't put it in right away, I didn't put my new BOP pf in right away, it was perfect when I got it, took it out of the box 6 months later and almost all the inserts had a sunken clear ring around them. Peter said there was nothing he could do about it so there's another $600-$800 to have it recleared.

#6887 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Don't put it in right away, I didn't put my new BOP pf in right away, it was perfect when I got it, took it out of the box 6 months later and almost all the inserts had a sunken clear ring around them. Peter said there was nothing he could do about it so there's another $600-$800 to have it recleared.

Are you serious ? Thats not making me feel very good. Wonder if anyone else has had these issues?

#6888 6 years ago

On my ramp issue. There appears to be an air gap. The thinner purple is not connected. Solder that back I should be good, right?

207F7BB6-7EA0-4755-9B17-5676E082E15E (resized).jpeg207F7BB6-7EA0-4755-9B17-5676E082E15E (resized).jpeg

B4ACB64D-273B-4D17-9F16-8D04BACE1D4E (resized).jpegB4ACB64D-273B-4D17-9F16-8D04BACE1D4E (resized).jpeg

#6889 6 years ago

Yep, pretty much certain that should be your issue. Got to love it when a fix is simple ! Post your results.

#6890 6 years ago

It’s fixed for now. Couldn’t find any solder so had to get a drop from a tinned wire laying around. Got enough on for now until I pick up a solder wick and more solder to do it right. Damn thing was tricking me though. After the fix I turn it on with the playfield up and not only did I get the up/down ramp error, but I also got a shifter error. Something told me to ignore it and just try a game. I ran it through the gears with the glass off, ball in hand, until a lock was set and it went down the way it’s supposed to. Finished that game. Turned it off and back on, and both the ramp and shifter errors cleared. Man, I get schooled every time I have to work on this thing.

#6891 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

It’s fixed for now. Couldn’t find any solder so had to get a drop from a tinned wire laying around. Got enough on for now until I pick up a solder wick and more solder to do it right. Damn thing was tricking me though. After the fix I turn it on with the playfield up and not only did I get the up/down ramp error, but I also got a shifter error. Something told me to ignore it and just try a game. I ran it through the gears with the glass off, ball in hand, until a lock was set and it went down the way it’s supposed to. Finished that game. Turned it off and back on, and both the ramp and shifter errors cleared. Man, I get schooled every time I have to work on this thing.

Funny. That reminds me I have a diverter error everytime i go into test but it works perfectly every time. So ignoring it seems like the right move sometimes.

#6892 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Yup, that's how we learn, most errors will not clear until the switch, coil... are triggered. Good work.

#6893 6 years ago

Once again, thanks to the Speeders here that helped me through this "under the hood" repair!
EDIT: I caught myself this time. It's a rear engine, so it's an "under the trunk" repair, doofus!

#6894 6 years ago

Actually, I believe the trunk is the space in the front of the car under what is still called the hood.

The engine cover is a deck or engine lid, I believe.

I don't own a rear engine car, but these are the terms I have heard.

#6896 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It's called a BONNET!

I didn't know your from England.

#6897 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

I didn't know your from England.

Couldn't you tell from my accent last time you were over. Is that power board for my MACH 3 ready yet?

#6898 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Couldn't you tell from my accent last time you were over.

Not really, you hide it well.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Is that power board for my MACH 3 ready yet?

No But all the new parts are sitting next to it on my workbench. I do get Thursday and Friday off so I'm thinking real soon, but still don't know when I will get to your house.

#6899 6 years ago

I really think Paul and Grumpy should get a room. Spare us all the love....

#6900 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It's called a BONNET!

Sure you're not an Aussie Paul?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/138?hl=ajnin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.