• L5 86 votes
    34%
  • P7 6 votes
    2%
  • C-C 6 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 255 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,858 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

07BB915F-03D6-455C-9587-FABED461FB72 (resized).jpeg
C16B8C06-86E6-46A4-9E1D-DFC71F3E0722 (resized).jpeg
A1860EA0-241B-46A6-8FDC-08CC18427F8B (resized).jpeg
043A6567-AB93-438F-B9F8-B10BE171E4D8 (resized).jpeg
A528827C-D916-4701-ACDE-089BCF58B714 (resized).jpeg
4998DEFD-3CD3-4800-990F-37A70DB1790E (resized).jpeg
98d8358b3235ad5af33c0edfeb4f791db192837e (resized).jpg
lamp (resized).jpg
getaway socket1_LI (resized).jpg
Inkedgetaway socket2_LI (resized).jpg
getaway ramp sign (resized).JPG
IMG_1964.JPG
IMG_1965.JPG
IMG_1963.JPG
IMG_20190324_210114 (resized).jpg
getaway posts (resized).jpg

There are 9309 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 187.
#6801 1 year ago
Quoted from Bones82:

Here is another picture showing the pin on the right and eject cam on left. You can see the hole slightly in the cam on the left that it goes into, but it keeps coming apart. I can't see a way to tighten the pin and nothing seems broken.
Thanks for your help

Time to take it apart and see what's wrong.

#6802 1 year ago

Yeah, there could be a type of bushing that has broken. Just order a new one and make it right. I'll try to take a look at mine when I get home and see if I can help you figure it out.

#6803 1 year ago

The pin needs to be peened with a center punch. My pic is showing how to peen a rivet with a hammer but the principles are the same. Since your piece has a flush surface you need to use a center punch on the pin to expand the pins circumference so it tightens up in the hole of the plate. You need to do this on a vise as you will need to hit it very hard with the hammer and punch. I would peen it in 3 or 4 different spots on the pin to make it expand enough. Or you can also braise it with a torch.

pasted_image (resized).png

#6804 1 year ago

Thanks for the advice and ideas. I'll look to repair and peen vs bushing. If not, replace

#6805 1 year ago

Okay, I have asked this before but never got a response, so I am asking again since it occurred a second time tonight. When I first got my Getaway it took 8 tunnel shots to light the special. Several months ago I was playing and noticed ever since that time it has taken 9 tunnel shots to light the special (I actually thought for a time that I was imagining it previously only took 8). Now tonight I am playing and I notice it takes 10 tunnel shots to light the special. Rebooted the pin, and sure enough still set to 10.

I've looked all through the manual and settings and can find nothing that controls this (doesn't mean it's not there, just means I can't find it). Do others have this same behavior? Can someone explain the logic and what triggers this? Can it be reset or manually adjusted? FYI, running L2 firmware.

#6806 1 year ago

Mine hasn't changed, My ROM is called P-C.

I wonder if yours is progressing based on "Replay Award %" ? I had a look in the manual and this is all i saw that might be in the ballpark. It looks at the last 50 games and adjusts replay difficulty based on past achievements. No reference to this specific tunnel award though.

I never try for replays in this game so probably underachieve which might be why mine doesn't change.

I wonder if you can reset replay history in Audits and see what happens?

Sorry away from game.

#6807 1 year ago

Adjustment A.2 02 Special percent.

#6808 1 year ago

I've played around with these settings, but no change. Will have to experiment more. Out of curiosity, what is the tunnel count to light special for others out there?

#6809 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I've played around with these settings, but no change. Will have to experiment more. Out of curiosity, what is the tunnel count to light special for others out there?

Mine is 9 right now. Maybe was 8 before, can't recall.

#6810 1 year ago
Quoted from psychopat:

The next project is a T2 and I have to say, there's probably even more parts going on it. Everything will be documented as well.

I just saw this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-judgment-day-repro-cabinet-decal-set#post-3619641

#6811 1 year ago

Mr. T, 7 tunnels for me and replay is at 72M (edit). I’m running the T5 version. I kinda think it does change based on history, making it harder as the average high scores of previous game played goes up. Haven’t come across a reset for that. I have my Special set to award points.

#6812 1 year ago

So I’m cleaning and waxing the playfield today and decide to unscrew the stoplight to clean around and under it. It’s then that I see a screw under the stop sign. And I think, why not move the stoplight back from being attached at the end of that plastic to further up on that plastic. It fits back there and to me almost seems like that’s where it should have been from the beginning.

D26CBC54-48C9-4865-B06D-CF91AF694AB6 (resized).jpeg

#6813 1 year ago
Quoted from Charger500:

So I’m cleaning and waxing the playfield today and decide to unscrew the stoplight to clean around and under it. It’s then that I see a screw under the stop sign. And I think, why not move the stoplight back from being attached at the end of that plastic to further up on that plastic. It fits back there and to me almost seems like that’s where it should have been from the beginning.

Mine won't fit there, for one thing there is a red plastic post behind it and second it hits the plastic over the top of the hideout (donut shop) ramp.

#6814 1 year ago

I have room. Weird.

5BC60A72-9422-441C-B123-BE135A1BBC5C (resized).jpeg

#6815 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You will not see an immediate effect. The special/replay/extra ball/multiball parameters, like Tunnels, are adjusted per 100 games (usually). Based on the stats.

And only completed games are added to stats. So, if you're the "game restart" kind of guy, these parameters are going nowhere. Generally speaking. The Getaway cannot restart, as it is.

#6816 1 year ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I have room. Weird.

Here is a couple of pics, the flash washed out the colors

Getaway Stoplight 001 (resized).JPG

Getaway Stoplight 003 (resized).JPG

Getaway Stoplight 004 (resized).JPG

#6817 1 year ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I have room. Weird.

Looks like you have a new plastic, I wonder if that's it.

#6818 1 year ago

Nope. No where to new plastic on this. It looks original. The clear cover on my trough looks not as wide as yours and I don’t have a red post behind the light. Looks like I am missing the grey plastic cover for that trough switch also.

#6819 1 year ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Nope. No where to new plastic on this. It looks original. The clear cover on my trough looks not as wide as yours and I don’t have a red post behind the light. Looks like I am missing the grey plastic cover for that trough switch also.

Looks cool!

I will say that the switch cover is an important part, sure you may not have needed it in the past but if the ball hits those connections you could cause a short, the missing red post is another part that was there to help protect that connection. Can you add the switch cover and still leave your lamp there?

#6820 1 year ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Looks cool!
I will say that the switch cover is an important part, sure you may not have needed it in the past but if the ball hits those connections you could cause a short, the missing red post is another part that was there to help protect that connection. Can you add the switch cover and still leave your lamp there?

Yes, it should fit. Now where Can I find this cover?

#6822 1 year ago

Thanks, but the switch is like the one on the other side’s trough, of which I do have a cover, and that measures more closely to the medium cover. But I suppose I could use those small covers for the optos on the supercharger.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9860

23C335A8-EFCF-4717-8453-4FDDF96216AF (resized).jpeg

#6823 1 year ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Where can I get a kick ass 1156 led light for the Mars lamp? Seems neither comet nor cointaker sell them. I want a muti smd that will burn the eyes out when it's lit . Also, does anyone know if F14 uses the same bulbs as the Getaway?

Sorry I forgot about this, remembered when I saw the extra bulb laying in my toolbox tonight. I got this 2 pack from China awhile ago.

IMG_2709 (resized).JPG

#6824 1 year ago

BTW, if you are shopping for pinballs, I just got 24 Super Shinys from Titan Pinball. And don’t tell anyone, but I got 10% off using the promo code TITAN10. I’m good for a few years now. Gonna seal them in Food Saver vacuum bags.
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=57&product_id=70

#6825 1 year ago
Quoted from Charger500:

BTW, if you are shopping for pinballs, I just got 24 Super Shinys from Titan Pinball. And don’t tell anyone, but I got 10% off using the promo code TITAN10. I’m good for a few years now. Gonna seal them in Food Saver vacuum bags.
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=57&product_id=70

Hmmm, vacuum packed balls. Not sure what to think about that.

BTW, one of the things I really appreciate about Pinside is the maturity level of its members.

#6826 1 year ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Sorry I forgot about this, remembered when I saw the extra bulb laying in my toolbox tonight. I got this 2 pack from China awhile ago.

Thanks. Ill check them out.

#6827 1 year ago

I’m sure a number of y’all have beat this score with 3 balls. This week marks 1 year since I bought this, my first and only, pinball. I have this set for a 5 ball game. My best score so far. And it’s not the high score thanks to my buddy vividpsychosis . He has the top 2 spots.

3B7358DE-D561-4D95-A8F4-ECCD43B4433B (resized).jpeg

#6828 1 year ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I’m sure a number of y’all have beat this score with 3 balls. This week marks 1 year since I bought this, my first and only, pinball. I have this set for a 5 ball game. My best score so far. And it’s not the high score thanks to my buddy vividpsychosis . He has the top 2 spots.

Did you just drop a challenge on the group? If so, we may need to know your settings for apples-to-apples game play.

Alternatively, if you're just showing off, well then nice 3 ball score!

#6829 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Did you just drop a challenge on the group? If so, we may need to know your settings for apples-to-apples game play.
Alternatively, if you're just showing off, well then nice 3 ball score!

He did say it was set to 5 balls, which is cool for home use and mine are set to 5 as well... most guests aren't that good so it helps them have a little more playing time.

#6830 1 year ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

He did say it was set to 5 balls, which is cool for home use and mine are set to 5 as well... most guests aren't that good so it helps them have a little more playing time.

Ohh, I misread. I also have always played on 5 ball. Thought I might have a little motivation to switch to 3 ball with a target score to shoot for.

PS First thing I would do is reset the high scores to wipe out your friend's

#6831 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Ohh, I misread. I also have always played on 5 ball. Thought I might have a little motivation to switch to 3 ball with a target score to shoot for.
PS First thing I would do is reset the high scores to wipe out your friend's

Haha, yeah my high scores only!

#6832 1 year ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Haha, yeah my high scores only!

Conversely, anytime I get a chance to play someone else's Getaway, I love making the leaderboard! Had a chance to play one at TPF last year and set the #2 or #3 score (don't remember exactly). Had a great game or two, but was weird for me since that pin had those alternate colored pinballs. Didn't feel/play quite the same as what I was accustomed to.

The whole time, however, I was thinking to myself that I could play Getaway anytime I wanted, so why was I not playing one of the other hundreds of pins there. I don't know, maybe its because it is my first/only pin or maybe its just a really good machine, but even in that environment I took the time to enjoy a couple of games on a Getaway.

#6833 1 year ago

I’m up for a friendly challenge. My replay is set at 72 million, where replay gets an extra ball.

Here are my settings;
Getaway settings
All factory settings except the following;

A.1
.01 5 balls
.03 10
.04 Off
.14 replay award; extra ball
.15 special award; points
.20 custom message on
.23 time and date
.24 show
.25 dim no
.26 no
.28 yes
.29 off

A.2
.12 photo shoot on

A.3
.17 free play yes

A.4
.09 reset every OFF
.10 00
.11 00
.12 00
.13 00
.14 00

U.4 time and date
U.5 message

#6834 1 year ago

I'm in the club.
I just reseated a couple of inserts, polished, and waxed.

My high score is 427m factory 3 ball

IMG_6668.JPG

#6835 1 year ago

Welcome to the club onemoresean. My high score is around 525 million on 3 ball. Cant remember all the settings though.

#6836 1 year ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

I'm in the club.

Very nice, and welcome to the group!

#6837 1 year ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I’m up for a friendly challenge. My replay is set at 72 million, where replay gets an extra ball.
Here are my settings;
Getaway settings
All factory settings except the following;
A.1
.01 5 balls
.03 10
.04 Off
.14 replay award; extra ball
.15 special award; points
.20 custom message on
.23 time and date
.24 show
.25 dim no
.26 no
.28 yes
.29 off
A.2
.12 photo shoot on
A.3
.17 free play yes
A.4
.09 reset every OFF
.10 00
.11 00
.12 00
.13 00
.14 00
U.4 time and date
U.5 message

Sounds like fun to me. I'll have a go this weekend.

#6838 1 year ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Yes, it should fit. Now where Can I find this cover?

I never knew there was supposed to be a switch cover behind the stoplight until I saw these pics. Darn, I really don't have any ordering needs in the foreseeable future, but I need one for sure.

#6839 1 year ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

My high score is around 525 million on 3 ball. Cant remember all the settings though.

Without a photo it never happened.

#6840 1 year ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Welcome to the club onemoresean. My high score is around 525 million on 3 ball.

Thanks, nice score!

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Very nice, and welcome to the group!

Thanks!

#6841 1 year ago

525 million on 3 balls? Damn.

#6842 1 year ago

I miss my Getaway!!!

#6843 1 year ago

Been awhile grinder901 yea I’ve owned Getaway for a year and I’m not tired of it yet. Don’t think I will either. I really dig 90’s Williams pins. Love to get another.

#6844 1 year ago

701 Million for me but 5 ball game though.

#6845 1 year ago

I’m sorry I posted that score now. I suck compared to y’all.

#6846 1 year ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I miss my Getaway!!!

Hey, did you see the new Iron Man blades (thought of you when I came across the post)?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tilt-graphics-inc-mods/page/22#post-4014855

#6847 1 year ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I’m sorry I posted that score now. I suck compared to y’all.

Hey, we all suck when compared to someone else out there. It's all about the fun, and if you want a little friendly competition then that's all good. My current 5 ball high is 800M+ (haven't updated on Pinside yet), but my setup gives free balls for special, etc. For me, I started first concerned about score, then for a period I worked on actually understanding the game and all of the rules and scoring, then I worked on playing games with a purpose and a goal in mind. Now that I fully "get it" I routinely score 200M+ in games with the occasional 500M+. Personally, I'm finding that I still enjoy Getaway and knowing all of the rules with an effort to execute a game plan when I play makes it more fun. When friends come over, however, I throw all of that out the window and just play for fun like I didn't know any better. Who wants to watch me play a ball for 5+ minutes - boring for everyone else.

BTW, if you haven't figured it out already, the easiest way to improve your opportunity for high scoring is to take advantage of the "Free Ride" feature. By letting balls purposefully drain immediately upon making the loop after launch (usually 2 and sometimes 3 per cycle) you can more rapidly make your way through the gears, thus opening up the high scoring features like video mode (gear 3), supercharger (gear 4) and redline mania (gear 5) - probably 50M+ combined at a minimum just getting to these 3 modes, not to mention if you keep your multi-ball going in RLM or running the red light you can get one or multiple super jackpots. Multiple times I've completed two full revolutions of the gears (can't remember if I've ever done 3), and this is where I've really scored well. Not sure if the community considers this "cheating", but I actually learned this by watching video of tournament Getaway play.

Also, this may sound silly to many, but I believe that Pinsound has contributed to me scoring higher more consistently. The audio experience truly makes the game more immersive and keeps me coming back more than I otherwise would. Out of all the money I've spent on my Getaway, the Pinsound is by far the best "investment", and if owned more pins from this era every single one of them would have a Pinsound (even if I had to get a part time job to pay for them!)

#6848 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Hey, did you see the new Iron Man blades (thought of you when I came across the post)?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tilt-graphics-inc-mods/page/22#post-4014855

Bought them last night

#6849 1 year ago

For those of you who don't spend much time perusing the other threads, I thought I would bring this to everyone's attention regarding one of our regulars, SUPERBEE: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-need-some-advice-about-letting-my-best-buddy-go#post-4018632

#6850 1 year ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

I'm in the club.

Playfield looks really nice, and for the most part stock outside of the Donut Heaven. Are you a purist kind of guy, or is there modding in your future?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 28.00
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
€ 3.70
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 109.99
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hackettstown, NJ
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Sale Pending!
West Greenwich, RI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
$ 50.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
2,400 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Saxonburg, PA
$ 16.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9309 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 187.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside